• Published 16th Nov 2012
  • 2,144 Views, 9 Comments

The Watch - Light Angle



Twilight learns a dark truth about her very existence

  • ...
3
 9
 2,144

4) I'm NOT Her

Chapter 4: I'm NOT Her

Twilight's head was spinning. Time Tuner knew about Rani. Also his name was Time Tuner, could he be connected to the Time Lords somehow. She knew she would have to make him and the princess understand that she hadn't opened the watch.

"No, I'm NOT her. I didn't open the watch!" Twilight exclaimed.

"Likely story. Also predictable, remember the last time we met tried you tried to pass yourself off as someone else." accused The Doctor, he continued "Really you ought to try something new once in a while."

"Princess, I really didn't open it, I swear." Twilight cried to Celestia.

Celestia glared at Twilight with an intensity that could almost match The Doctor's.

"I wish I could believe you." Celestia stated. "But, you… no, Twilight passed her last test for me."

"What do you mean Princess? Wasn't it good that I helped the Crystal Empire." Twilight was grasping at straws. She wasn't even sure that was the test Celestia was referring to.

"Stop that." The Doctor demanded.

"Stop what?" asked Twilight.

"Using her title, you would never bother to think anyone would be above her. Especially if that person was not a TIme Lord. The only time she would was if she was desperate. So your only digging yourself deeper. " explained The Doctor.

"But, I'm not her!" Twilight cried again.

"Then how do you even know what where talking about?" The Doctor questioned. He smirked, he had her.

"I found this old watch…" Twilight started.

"Ah hah." The Doctor accused. "And then you opened it right?"

Spike had been watching all this from the side. He had absolutely no idea what was going on, but he knew for a fact Twilight had not opened the watch.

"WAIT!" Spike cried.

Everypony looked at him.

"Um… I may not have put enough description in that letter. She didn't open the watch. She was doing some magic on it, and the watch seemed to be responding to it." explained Spike.

The Doctor's eyes lit up. He ran upstairs. There on the floor was the unopened fob watch. He felt the presence with in it. It was The Rani and she was furious. He grinned to himself at that. He found a small unused chest and brushed the watch into. Then he shut the chest and went back downstairs.

"Twilight's telling the truth." stated The Doctor.

Twilight breathed a sigh of relief. Then with out warning Celestia scooped her up into a hug.

"My faithful student, I am sorry I doubted you." she cried.

Twilight looked shocked, but shook it off and hugged the princess back.

"Wait, what was wrong with how I handled things at the Crystal Empire. Something made you think the watch was influencing me. What was it?" Twilight asked.

Celestia smiled sadly, Twilight had realized what she'd thought.

"You weren't supposed to use dark magic the second time. It can be addictive and dangerous. The challenge was to use it minimally You were supposed to find another way." Celestia explained.

Twilight looked down crying.

"I'll never use it again I swear, anything to keep her in that watch." Twilight said between tears.

"So you really did meet her then?" The Doctor asked. He was curious as to how exactly any of had happened. Of course he had known where The Rani was, but even he never had the why.

"Yes. She…I know it may seem selfish, but I don't want to stop existing. Especially if it gives someone like her access to Equesteria. There no telling what damage somepony with as much arrogance and lack of morals as her could do." explained Twilight.

Just as Twilight finished speaking a huge push of energy sent a group of ponies flying into the library. Twilight quickly recognized them as her friends.

"Twilight!" Rainbow Dash called out climbing out of the mess of ponies "Trixie's back. She wants to see you, and she's really pissed."

Twilight scrunched her eyes together then facehoofed herself.

-To Be Continued -