• Published 11th Nov 2012
  • 3,767 Views, 196 Comments

To Be Truly Happy - KiaraKovu123



Pinkie is lonely after the aftermath of "Breaking Chaos" so, she decides to set things str

  • ...
8
 196
 3,767

Standing Inches Away

Pinkie’s heart was pounding as she looked out the window. “Five minutes until Canterlot.” She said, inhaling an excited breath. “About ten until my dreams come true.” She closed her eyes tight and grinned widely. “You ready for this, Gummy?” she asked her silent companion. He blinked and didn’t respond. Pinkie giggled and sat back in her seat, closing her eyes tightly and picturing the hug she would get once her mission was accomplished. It was a warm hug, and Pinkie loved hugs, especially warm ones! What would hugs be if they were hot or cold, or cool, exactly? Sweaty, Ice cube-y? “Oh, well, that doesn’t matter.” Pinkie thought, “All that matters is I get my hug. And get to see…” she shivered and opened her sparkling eyes.
The whole world seemed to brighten around her at the thought, “Get to see…Dissy…just to SEE him would be enough! And he’ll stay forever and ever this time! And we can help at the bakery and foalsit the twins and take long walks on weekends and sit in the shade of a candy cane looking up at the cotton candy clouds!” She sighed blissfully and hummed to herself.

“Attention, passengers.” came an announcement over the radio. Pinkie perked her ears up and listened closely. “We are now entering Canterlot. We will be at the station in precisely one minute.” Pinkie’s heart beat faster. “Have an excellent day!” the radio cut off and Pinkie inhaled deep breaths of excitement and thrill. “We’re almost there!” she said in a musical tone.

Farther back in the train, the CMC sat under the chair twiddling their…well, hooves. Apple Bloom waited anxiously to get off the train, “We ever gonna get there?” she complained.

Sweetie nodded, “In one minute!”

“Even less than a minute, now. See?” Scoots poked her head from under the chair and out the window, they were entering the gates. The girls smiled. “See, we’re almost there!” the train came to the station and halted.

Pinkie stood up and grabbed Gummy, putting him gently on her back. “Ready? GO!” she marched out of the train as it opened and darted along the sidewalk, the CMC followed in hot pursuit.

“Now, we’ll just stay outta sight of everypony! We gotta follow Pinkie but don’t get too close!” Scoots instructed. Sweetie and Apple Bloom followed and they came to a halting stop when they reached a corner. “Ok, let’s move!” they trotted across the street. None of the other ponies seemed to notice. Pinkie swerved around a corner.

“OUCH!” squealed Pinkie, as she ran into somepony.

“Ah…I’m sorry, miss I didn’t-” he looked up, “Pinkie Pie?” he said, laughing. “What are you doing here?” Pinkie winced, normally she’d be happy to see an old friend, but as formal captain of the royal guard and Twilight’s brother, Shining Armor might suspect something. He was a shiny white Unicorn with a blue mane and tail, he was now prince of the Crystal Empire and had given his previous job in Canterlot to another guard he knew.

“Uh…hiya, Shining Armor! I’m, er…s-shopping! What are y-you d-doing in Canterlot?” Pinkie stuttered, sweat dripping down her face. Shining smiled.

“Shopping, eh? Well, you’ve come to the right place for that.” He chuckled.

Pinkie gulped, wanting to change the conversation, “Yeah, so, uh, what are you doing here?”

“Oh, I just came to check up on mom and dad. And to say hi to some of my old buddies.” He replied, “Small world, huh?”

Pinkie nodded slowly. “Well, I guess I’d better be-”

“How’s Twilie doin’?” he asked, his eyes brightening. Pinkie grinned and nodded.

“Come on, he’s not gonna suspect anything, Pinkie. Just be yourself!” Pinkie thought. “She’s awesome! As Twilight-y as Twilight could be!” she forgot all her worries in those words. “How’s Cadence?”

Shining smiled, “She’s much better, now. Finally got some sleep, now she can truly be a ruler.” He winked at Pinkie, “I gotta go, tell Twilie and the others I say hi!” and with that, he walked across the street.

“I will!” Pinkie nodded and trotted off down the street towards the castle. Suddenly, a familiar scent filled her nose. “Funnel cakes…” she grinned and followed the smell, sniffing along the ground like a bloodhound. Now paying attention to where she was going, Pinkie ran headfirst into a brick wall. She grinned and jumped up, looking over it. On the other side, ponies were having lunches. The pink pony looked around. “Funnel cakes…” she eyed the delicious deserts that were at ponies’ tables.
Pinkie’s stomach growled and she groaned, “No, I have to do what I need to-” her tummy grumbled again. She sighed, “Maybe I better have something, I didn’t have breakfast after all…” she leapt over the wall, which made ponies look up from their meals.

One of them scoffed and mumbled something about having a gate and how rude it was to jump over the wall. Pinkie ignored him and sat down at a vacant table, putting Gummy onto the seat across from her. A white Unicorn with a stylish black mane walked over, “May I help you, miss?” he said, scribbling something on a note pad.

Pinkie smiled and nodded, tossing him four bits. “I’ll take one of those scrumptious funnel cakes, please!” she said, resting her head on her hoof. The Unicorn nodded and levitated the cake with a black magic aura and placed it before her. Pinkie drooled and dove right into it.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders, who were slyly looking over the brick wall, whimpered in craving for the delicious funnel cakes and other delectable food items that ponies were munching on. Sweetie Belle licked her lips, “I wish we could have one of those sweet treats!” Apple Bloom nodded.

“Yeah, but we’re here to spy, not eat.” she gulped, “Even if those do look…yummy.” Scootaloo sat beside them with her head resting on her hoof.

“I’m not even hungry, but they sure look good anyways.” She said. “This day would go so much better if we had brought some bits. We’ll be hungry later.” She said.

Apple Bloom lowered her ears, “Gosh darn it, we forgot, didn’t we?” the two girls nodded. “Dang, Ah sure would like to have one a’ them pastries!” Scoots bumped her on the shoulder.

“Geez, Apple Bloom, we’re here to spy, like what Sweetie just said. We can’t think about food now!” Apple Bloom nodded sadly.

“Guess your right…” the girls turned back to Pinkie, who was now picking up Gummy and turned toward the CMC. The girls let go of the wall and huddled against it. Pinkie jumped right over and didn’t notice them at all. Apple Bloom snickered and followed quietly after her, her two friends tailing her.

Pinkie took a long, deep breath. Before her stood two of the biggest gates in Equestria. She smiled at them and waited patiently for them to open. “Who goes there, where are you coming from, and what’s your purpose?” called a guard from above. Pinkie bit her lip, she didn’t know they were gonna ask her that! What would she say?

A typical Pinkie Pie answer, of course! “My name’s Pinkie Pie and I come from a rock farm! My purpose is to throw parties and make everypony smile!”

The guard blinked, “Ah, the Element of Laughter herself. Step right in, Miss Pie!” the gates opened slowly.

“Well, that was easy!” Pinkie bounced in singing to herself. The CMC charged after her.

“Now, let’s just-”

“Halt! Who goes there?” the guard glared at the three. Scootaloo mouthed ‘nuts’. Apple Bloom smiled shyly at the guard.

“Uh, howdy!” AB started, “We’re Miss Pie’s escorts! With the business of bein’ an Element and all that, she’d need security, right? Heh.” The guard seemed to consider this. He had the best poker face of anypony in Equestria, even better than Rainbow’s, and almost Nopony could top Rainbow Dash’s poker face.

“Fine…you may pass.” The guard said, allowing the Crusaders to enter. Apple Bloom nodded in thanks and the three scurried through the gate.

Pinkie was on the verge of hyperventilating. She walked, more like ran through the labyrinth with lightning speed. She ran right passed the opening to the statue garden. “Oops!” she realized it and backed up. “Ok, let’s do this.” She trotted into the garden, her heart beating faster with every step. “Let’s…GO!” she sprinted forward, around the next bend and came to a halt. Every dream she had had in six months rested in what stood before her, she only had to take a few more steps.


------
((A/N: Muhahaha, so I leave you all with a cliffhanger *le trollface* it was too good to pass up, but as Zecora would say:

"Don't worry, I will hurry" Haha, so I hope you liked it! Until next chapter!