• Published 11th Nov 2012
  • 3,762 Views, 196 Comments

To Be Truly Happy - KiaraKovu123



Pinkie is lonely after the aftermath of "Breaking Chaos" so, she decides to set things str

  • ...
8
 196
 3,762

Dreams of Defeat

Pinkie’s eyes fluttered open and she sniffled. Rubbing her nose because of an itch, she looked up into Discord’s eyes. “Good morning, sleepy head!” he said chuckling. Pinkie smiled and stretched.

“M-morning…Dissy…” she let out a yawn and looked around, beaming. Then gasped, “So, it wasn’t a dream!?” she said, excitement building up inside her. Discord laughed and floated around, he then pointed to the painting they had done the previous evening.

“Nope! See, we’re still here!” Pinkie smiled and nodded.

“Yupper dupper! And-” they both heard a low grumbling sound and Pinkie lowered her ears. “What’s that?” Discord didn’t answer, only looked around. Pinks flinched and then heard it again.

Discord stared at her with a confused expression.

Pinkie blinked as the noise ceased. Then it came into her head, “Haha, it’s my tummy! It’s my tummy! I’m hungry, got anything to eat?” she giggled.

Dissy nodded and laughed, “Well, we can’t let the lovely lady go hungry, now! What would you like, Pinkie?” he said with a small grin. “Anything you could ever want for breakfast I can get for you in less than a millisecond!” a chef’s hat appeared on his head and a frying pan in his paw. “Cheri, just say the word!” he bowed dramatically, making Pinkie snort with laughter.

“Hm…I think I’ll go for pancakes! Pancakes stuffed with chocolate chips and brownies! Ooh, ooh, and some chocolate milk! That makes everything better, Dissy!” he chuckled at her enthusiasm and a plate appeared before Pinkie. Every food she wanted zapped onto the plate and Pinkie licked her lips. “HOLY MOLY! THIS IS AWESOME!” she darted into the food, not bothering to savor anything. Some foods are too good to be savored, after all! Discord made his own breakfast, steak with honey mustard and chocolate syrup on top. Boy, was it delicious!

--

The Cutie Mark Crusaders were back in Ponyville, doing their usual Crusading. Today, they decided to explore a cave outside of Ponyville. Nopony had asked where Pinkie was, not even any of her best friends. But, the three fillies didn’t worry.
As they walked down the barely dark cave, Sweetie Belle had second thoughts about coming in. “Uh, girls?” she asked her friends and they turned to her. “Are you sure that this is the best place to go exploring?” she asked. Scoots gave her a teasing smile and laughed.

“Well, you have any other place in mind? The Everfree Forest, maybe?” Both Sweetie and AB shook their heads wildly to say no. Scootaloo snickered and continued down the cave. “Didn’t think so. Besides, this is fun!” she said. Apple Bloom nodded and followed after her.

“Besides, we could get our cutie marks for bein’ brave ponies! Brave enough to go down this here cave!” Apple Bloom comforted Sweetie, “Ah don’t think it’s scary!”

“B-but…” Sweetie ran to catch up with her two confident friends, “What if there are bats? Or spiders? O-or what…WHAT IF THE CAVE CAVES IN!?” she gasped and curled up in a ball. “I wanna go home, girls!” she squeaked sorrowfully. Scoots scoffed.

“Does this mucky cave look like it’s gonna cave in to you?” Sweetie looked up for her but she didn’t wait for an answer, “Exactly! Come on, this will be fun!”

Apple Bloom tapped her chin in thought, “Yeah, Ah think we should continue on our way! Ya never know what you can find in a cave like this one, see?” she pointed to a salamander scurrying out of the cave, in which the light was slowly dimming. Sweetie noticed it quickly than the other two, thanks to her present paranoia. Her green eyes darted around and she squealed.

“WE GOTTA GET OUT OF HERE!” she screamed at the top of her lungs as a snake pushed by them, also heading towards the exit. Apple Bloom seemed to notice the light dimming as well, and she tapped Scootaloo in anxiety. Scoots rolled her eyes.

“Aw, the suns probably just going down, that’s all!”

“IT’S NOON!” the other two girls shouted. Scoots just shrugged.

“Maybe the sun moved just a little bit? Eh, who cares? Let’s go!” suddenly a gust of wind blew toward them from the inside of the cave and they heard a loud moaning sound, it echoed creepily. Sweetie stood up and yelped as she saw two bright blue eyes peering at her from the depths of the cave.

“I knew you’d come here.” The girls found themselves being levitated by a dark blue magic aura. They all screamed and tried to free themselves, but they just made little paddling motions in midair. The aura pulled them in deeper and the cave became darker until only the magic illuminated the cave. Sweetie Belle was hyperventilating and Scoots was shivering like crazy and Apple Bloom…well, Apple Bloom said nothing, only whimpered softly as they found themselves dragged into a small opening in the cave wall. The magic released them and they landed in a heap on top of each other on the cold cave flooring. A menacing figure stared at them from across the room, he was a black Unicorn with a short black mane and piercing blue eyes. He stepped towards the CMC and they gasped. “Tell me, you little runts.” He began, closing off the wall behind them so they wouldn’t escape. “Where can I find them?” the girls were perplexed by his question and Scootaloo dared to answer him.

“Find who?” she asked, puzzled. The frightened girls stared at her and shivered. Scoots, who was just a little scared, looked to them, then back to the mysterious black stallion. She rounded her friends and marched up to him. “And who are you?” the stallion grunted and pounded his hoof on the ground. Scoots cowered slightly, and he stared at her with his blue eyes.

“You’re useless. But I’ll tell you my name anyway, it’s Tyranny.” He said, turning back to the direction in which he came. Sweetie shuddered and Apple Bloom stood up straight.

“Whaddia want with us? Do ya live here?” she said. He turned back to her with an infuriated expression.

“The second question is none of your business. I will gladly answer your first one, though. I am looking for a draconiques named Discord, alright? I saw you three with him and some pink bouncy mare the other day. I believe she is an Element of Harmony, correct?”

Scootaloo stamped her hoof on the ground, “Why do you wanna know, huh? What do you want with either of them?” Tyranny gave her an icy glare.

“Maybe you’ll talk when you see this.” His horn glowed and nothing happened. Well, nothing happened to him, AB, or Sweetie Belle. But Scootaloo’s eyes became a shiny dark blue like his and she saw a vision. It was of her and Rainbow Dash, they were sitting in a field talking when Rainbow suddenly was grabbed by Tyranny. Rainbow shouted in agony and Scootaloo ran to catch her, but, instead Rainbow vanished and Tyranny grabbed Scootaloo and did the exact thing with his dark magic. Sweetie and Apple Bloom were puzzled by Scoot’s horrified expression and they backed up a little bit. Scootaloo stood straight up in attention and said in a slightly deeper voice than her usual Rainbow Dash-like high and raspy voice.

“Pinkie Pie is an Element of Harmony, sir.” Sweetie and Apple Bloom gave each other frightful looks and then looked at Tyranny, who chuckled.

“I thought so. Now, tell me where I can find them.” Sweetie and Apple Bloom pounced on Scootaloo and held her mouth shut.

“We’ll never tell! Never!” Apple Bloom shouted. Tyranny’s expression was stunned for a few moments before he smirked.

“Ah, would you like to see your fortune as well, Apple Doom?”

Apple Bloom flushed with embarrassment, “It’s Apple Bloom!” she corrected him. Sweetie held back the urge to giggle. Tyranny’s horn glowed blue and Apple Bloom saw a vision of her, Applejack, Big Macintosh, Granny Smith, and Winona all sitting together in a field having a picnic. Granny Smith vanished, followed by Mac, and Winona. Applejack gazed at her sister and it suddenly began to rain. Applejack stared at Apple Bloom with an angry expression and stood up.

“Go.” She said, turning away and galloping off, she vanished into the fog. Leaving a confused and sad Apple Bloom, then she heard Applejack’s voice again. It was the worst thing a sister could say to another. “Ah never loved you, anyways.” Apple Bloom’s orange eyes fogged up with tears and she started to cry. The once sunny day became a dull, black wasteland.

Sweetie tapped a crying Apple Bloom on the shoulder and rubbed her back comfortingly, “Apple Bloom? Are you ok?” Apple Bloom looked up at her with blue eyes and growled. Sweetie backed away in shock, “Apple Bloom!? What’s going on?”

Tyranny smirked and turned to Apple Bloom, “Now, my dear, would you care to tell me where they are?” he asked with a snicker.

Apple Bloom looked at him with a void expression and spoke. “They’re coming to Ponyville later today.” Tyranny smiled and patted AB on the head.

“Thank you, darling.” He looked to Sweetie Belle. “It has been nice, Sweetie Belle. But we can’t have you going out and spilling the beans, now, can we? You must not be a Sweetie Tell…” he chuckled and the wall in which the CMC had came, closed off completely. Sweetie gulped and her teeth chattered. “Stay here, girls while I go see if I can find Discord and Miss…oh, great and powerful Element of Harmony.” He rolled his eyes and floated out of the wall, leaving Sweetie with her friends and she walked up to them, they were staring at the blank space where Tyranny had once been.

“Girls?” she asked, waving her hoof in their faces, neither one moved. Sweetie sighed, “I should have just listened to myself…” her eyes welled up with tears and she sank to the cold cave floor, crying softly.