• Published 11th Nov 2012
  • 3,762 Views, 196 Comments

To Be Truly Happy - KiaraKovu123



Pinkie is lonely after the aftermath of "Breaking Chaos" so, she decides to set things str

  • ...
8
 196
 3,762

Trapped

Pinkie landed on the hard rock flooring of the cave and looked up to see Sweetie Belle curled up in a corner of the musty room. Apple Bloom and Scootaloo were staring at some blank space and their eyes were curiously a dark blue. Sweetie looked up at Pinkie and gasped. “What are you DOING here!?” she rushed over to a shaky Pinkie and helped her stand up. Pinkie opened her mouth to speak but her teeth only chattered. Sweetie frowned and looked around. “He got you, too, huh?” Pinkie nodded and gulped.

“Y-yes…where’s D-Dissy?” Pinkie said in a shaky voice. Sweetie gasped and looked back up at her.

“You mean he came WITH you? Uh-oh…” Sweetie shook her head and Pinkie shuddered.

“What’s gonna happen!? What’s Tyranny gonna do!?” Pinkie shouted frantically, “How do we get out of here!?” she rammed against the rock trying to break out and Sweetie whimpered.

“There’s no way out. All we can do is hope that Discord gets out ok, Scootaloo and Apple Bloom weren’t so fortunate…” she glanced over at her friends and Pinkie whimpered.

“W-what happened to them?”

“They were hypnotized by Tyranny’s dark magic…No matter how I try to wake them up all they do is just…” she made a face and wiped her eye with her hoof, “S-sit there…” Pinkie walked over to Scoots and AB and waved her hoof in front of their faces. “I’ve tried that.” Sweetie pointed out, “Nothing works, they just keep staring at that wall…Tyranny’s the only one who can get them back to normal, I’m sure of it.” Pinkie bit her lip.

“If only Twilight were here, I’m sure she could fix this.”

--

“What’s your offer?” said Discord to Tyranny, who had a smug grin on his face. Tyranny pranced around Discord and smirked. Dissy twiddled his thumbs. “You know, I could just teleport to Pinkie and the Crusaders and then teleport out of here!” he threatened. Tyranny chuckled and gave him a zap with his horn, Discord flinched and shook a little. “You want to fight, eh?”

“No.” answered Tyranny with a snicker, “And you’ll never be able to find Pinkie and those other little twerps. The farther you go down this cave, the weaker you become. I’ve hid them at the end, which means by the time you get there your power will be completely zapped.” Dissy grimaced and Tyranny continued, “So, you have three choices.”

Discord rolled his eyes and stared at Tyranny, “What are they?”

Tyranny smiled. “One. You stay here with me and Pinkie and the Crusaders also stay.” Tyranny continued, “Two. I’ll let you go and release the Crusaders, but I get to keep Pinkie and make her my queen when I become king of Equestria!” Discord growled.

“You wouldn’t dare! Pinkie hates you!”

Tyranny smiled, “Ah, well, I’ve taken this advice from you! I shall hypnotize Pinkie and make her like me! Three. The last, but certainly not least offer that I have for you is this: If you give up all of your power to me and promise to stay here forever. I will let the others go.” Discord gaped. “You don’t have long to decide, Discord. The clock is ticking and I will give you only three minutes to make up your mind.” An hourglass appeared and sand ran down it’s edges. “Choose wisely.” Discord flinched and thought.

“I’d rather be imprisoned like the old days than to see Pinkie suffer…” Discord thought aloud. After about thirty seconds, Discord looked up. “I’ve decided.”

“What? Already?” the hourglass disappeared and Tyranny smirked, “So, what have you decided?”

“I will stay here if you let Pinkie and the girls go.” Tyranny cackled and his horn turned blue with magic. Discord suddenly felt lightheaded and groaned in pain. His power was draining and Tyranny was sucking it up.

“Hm, how did you enjoy that?” Tyranny said with a chuckle. Discord felt very queasy but said nothing. “Ha, thought so.” Discord disappeared and wound up dropping in the same dungeon the four mares were in. Pinkie looked up and beamed, she rushed over to him and pounced on him in a tight hug. Sweetie smiled.

“I missed you so much!! Did you get Tyranny to go away? Are we safe now?” Pinkie cried with joy. Discord frowned and blinked back tears.

“No, Pinkie. But you are safe.” He glanced at Sweetie, “You are, too, girls.” Sweetie grinned and then frowned.

“But what about you? Aren’t you gonna come with us?” asked the filly with a confused expression on her face. Discord sighed and shook his head, he leaned up against the cave wall Pinkie giggled.

“Aw, Dissy! Your f-funny! Why are you joking around like this? Stop being silly!” Pinkie laughed and poked him on the nose. He stared at her and smiled.

“No, Pinkie. For one of the first times in my life, I’m serious. You and the girls will go back to Ponyville and I’ll stay here…” he sighed and Pinkie gasped in astonishment, she opened her mouth to speak but couldn’t find the words. “It’ll be ok. J-just like the last time, remember? You…should have never tried to bring me back. I’m sorry I got you into all this trouble…” he pulled her into a tight hug and suddenly Scootaloo and Apple Bloom became normal again, they looked around and Sweetie pounced on them in a tight hug. They both smiled.

“Sweetie Belle!” they said in unison. Sweetie smiled and laughed.

“Are you two ok?”

“We’re fine.” answered Scootaloo, “But I just had the worst nightmare…” her ears drooped, “We were trapped in this cave and this guy named Tyranny-”

“Ah don’t think it was a dream, Scoots.” said Apple Bloom, frowning. Scoots looked around and shivered. “Eenope.”

Discord smiled and nuzzled Pinkie, the CMC looked over at them. Sweetie frowned and whispered what had just happened to her friends, they looked shocked. “What? You mean he’s not coming back with us?” Scoots exclaimed. Discord shook his head and then a dark figure stepped through the stones, it was Tyranny. He looked around the room and smiled.

“You three may go.” He said to the Crusaders, making a small hole in the wall that led outside. Discord narrowed his eyebrows at Tyranny.

“And Pinkie?”

“Pinkie shall stay here with me.” Answered Tyranny with a smirk. Discord growled and stood up.

“You said she could leave! We had a deal!”

“Deals are made to be broken.”

“I’m not leaving!” Pinkie stomped her hoof on the ground with teary eyes. “I’d rather spend my whole life here than never get to see Dissy again.” She smiled sadly and Discord wrinkled his nose.

“Pinkie, you have to go! You won’t be happy here!”

“Yes, I will be. As long as I’m with you my life is complete.” She closed her eyes for a moment and then they fluttered open, leaving tears staining her cheeks. “Girls,” she turned to the CMC. “Be good. Keep up those smiles.” She smiled.

Scootaloo bit her lip and glanced from the opening in the wall, to Pinkie, to Discord, and back again. “But what do we tell your friends?”

Pinkie looked at the ground, “Tell them I love them and I’m…on a trip. Tell them I’m going back to the rock farm.”

“Won’t they think that’s suspicious?” asked Sweetie Belle, “We could get them to rescue-”

“There is a barrier around this cave. Nopony can get in unless I permit it.” Tyranny said firmly. “Even Celestia’s magic cannot break this barrier. Now, go! I have no use for you three!” he then lifted the Crusaders with his magic and they looked to Pinkie with tearful eyes. “Any last words?” Tyranny asked them.

“Bye, Pinkie. Thanks for everything.” They said at once. Pinkie smiled sadly and sniffled.

“You’re welcome. Goodbye, girls.”

Discord smiled and Tyranny’s horn glowed, the CMC disappeared. Pinkie whimpered and sniffled. Tyranny cackled. “Oh, how sad!” he said mockingly, “Hm, well, I’ll let you two get settled. Au revoir!” he zapped away leaving a very depressed Pinkie and Discord. Dissy gazed over at Pinkie.

“Why would you want to stay here? Your friends are more important than I am…and I can’t give you chocolate milk anymore, so what’s the point?”

Pinkie giggled and looked up at him, “I don’t like you just for your chocolate milk or those awesome realities you make. Although, that’s why I liked you at first…but now I’ve realized, you’re so funny and hilarious and loving and sweet! I’ve never met anypony like you before, Discord. You’re my best friend.”

Discord smiled at her and sighed, “Your mine, too. You’ve always been my favorite, and we’ll find a way out of here.” Pinkie nodded.

“I sure hope so.”

--

The three fillies landed on top of one another outside the cave. Scootaloo shook her head and sighed. “So, it wasn’t a dream, huh?” she said softly. Sweetie Belle sniffed briefly and Apple Bloom’s lip trembled.

“Ah…Ah guess not, Scootaloo. Ugh, this is the worst day ever!” AB buried her face in her hooves and sobbed quietly.

Sweetie Belle patted her back and forced a smile, “I-it’s ok…um, we could go get Twilight!” Scootaloo glared at her.

“Did you pay attention to what Tyranny said? There’s no way in! Why bother?” Scoots shook her head.

“There has to be a way in!” said the persistent Sweetie Belle, “We’ve got to find a way!” she stood up and took a good look at the cave, “I bet I could run right through this wall! If there even is one!” Apple Bloom sniffled and looked up at Sweetie. Scootaloo flinched and shook her head.

“Have ya lost your marbles? Tyranny said there’s no way in!” Apple Bloom stated. Scootaloo nodded.

“Maybe he just said that to get us to think that! Come on, even if there is a wall, Twilight would break through it easily! Tyranny’s a wimp and you girls know it!” Sweetie stomped her hoof on the ground. “I’m going in!” she ran towards the cave. Suddenly, two blue lights appeared on the ground and they started to grow rapidly, they morphed themselves into two huge dragons and they roared. Sweetie stopped dead in her tracks and squeaked, they blew blue fire her way and she ran back to her formal spot screaming. She tripped over a rock and the dragons stopped attacking, they roared quietly and vanished. Scoots walked up to Sweetie, who was trembling in fright.

“Are you ok? I think that was what he meant by a wall…” she helped Sweetie to her hooves and Apple Bloom scampered up.

“Maybe we should go get Twilight?” she suggested to the girls. They glanced at each other and nodded. Sweetie looked into the cave once more and sighed.

“I guess it’s for the best. Let’s hurry!” the girls ran towards Ponyville.

---

Fluttershy sat with Angel Bunny in a field, sipping tea and speaking to him softly. “Now, Angel, I know you were just trying to satisfy…um…your hunger…” She smiled and he folded his arms. “But, uh, you really shouldn’t be mean to the beavers that way.” She took a delicate sip of tea and patted him on the head. “I give you plenty of carrots every day, and, um, since you have those…you really don’t have to take the beavers.” Angel glared at her with his shiny black eyes and grimaced. “Don’t look at me like that, mister! You should be much more like-”

“FLUTTERSHY!!!” the yellow Pegasus squealed and dropped her tea cup, spilling it all over Angel and making him flinch, he made frantic little squeaks as he ran in circles, trying to get the heat that had just hit him to cool down. Fluttershy gasped and pulled him close to her.

“O-oh no! I-I-I’m s-so sorry, Angel! I didn’t mean to-”

“FLUTTERSHY!” shouted the same voice as before. Fluttershy whirled around and looked over to see the Cutie Mark Crusaders running up to her.

“Oh, thank goodness it’s only you girls! You gave me an awful fright! And Angel Bunny, too!” she glanced at Angel and the three skidded to a halt in front of her and started shouting all of what had happened. “Wait, slow down, please!” Fluttershy calmly held her hoof up. “Um, do you think you could all talk one at a time, please?” she smiled kindly and the girls gasped trying to catch their breath.

“Pinkie…T-Tyranny…d-dragons…” Scootaloo gasped out. Fluttershy’s eyes widened and she pulled back slightly.

“D-D-Dragons…? W-what about t-t-them?”

“Pinkie and Dis-” Sweetie started. Apple Bloom nudged her and gave her an icy glare.

“Dis…who’s Dis?” Fluttershy cocked her head and the girls smiled nervously.

“Uh, I mean the DRAGONS, of course!” Sweetie cleared her throat. “Uh…they took Pinkie and…gave her…to…uh…Tyranny.” She said, trying to sound innocent. Fluttershy gasped.

“Who’s Tyranny? Pinkie’s been captured? Oh, dear! We must tell s-somepony!”

“Yeah, and Discord got-” Scootaloo held her hoof up to her mouth. Fluttershy wrinkled her nose and stood up straight.

“Did you say…?”

“NOTHING!” the girls all said in unison.

Fluttershy lowered her eyebrows and said nothing for a moment, “Girls, can you tell me the whole story from the beginning, please?”

After fifteen minutes of explaining the whole story to Fluttershy. The Crusaders hung their heads. “But, ya see, Pinkie has this thing for Discord…they’re inseparable! And we need to get em’ both free so they can live…” Apple Bloom smiled cutely and giggled, “Happily ever after.” Fluttershy blinked and said not a word. Angel sniffed the air.

“Girls,” Fluttershy began, “You were very brave and I’m proud of you…but, I don’t know what to do…” she paused and the trio of fillies looked up at her with questioning eyes.

“Help Pinkie, right?” Sweetie asked, stiffening.

“Of course, but, I don’t know why you came to ME instead of Twilight or Rainbow Dash…” she shrugged. “I think we should ask Twilight what’s the best option…um…you know?”

The girls nodded. “Ok, let’s do it!” Apple Bloom smiled and started to run towards Ponyville. “Wait.” She skidded to a halt. “Can ya NOT tell Twilight about Discord?”

Fluttershy thought for a moment, “Ok, but won’t she find out if she rescues Pinkie AND Discord?”

Apple Bloom scratched her mane in thought, “Well…yeah. I guess ya could tell her…but we told ya how nice he is now…”

“Yes…I’m not sure what to think…I guess Discord has changed…he certainly didn’t do anything to Pinkie six months ago. I believe that he’s really changed, I guess.”

Grins spread across the girls’ faces. Scootaloo fluttered her wings with happiness and stomped her hooves on the ground in excitement. “Yeah, so, let’s go!”

“Right!” they all answered her.

---

Luna stiffened and bit her lip. She backed up until her rear touched the hedge, her sister glared at her and snarled. “EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON!? WHAT DID YOU DO WITH THE STATUE!?” Luna stuttered out a few random words and smiled uneasily.

“We…we have moved it to the other part of t-the gardens, Celestia. H-have no worry, m-my sister…”

Celestia’s expression became cross. “Do you not recall a few thousand years ago when I told you not to touch the statues in this garden? They are only to be moved when needed. Why did you decide today was the day? And why did you pick THIS statue to move?” Luna flinched. “And where have you moved it to?” Celestia spread her wings and flew upward. Luna knew there was nothing she could do now, she stared at the ground and waited. “I do not see it anywhere, Luna.” Said her older sister moments later. She landed on the ground and gave Luna a glare. “What have you done with it?”

Luna sighed and then told her sister the feelings she had six months ago, she couldn’t even sleep right knowing Pinkie was upset, she’s just lost her best friend. Tia listened intently and didn’t say a word while Luna then told her about the previous night when she had purposely ruined the statue of Victory…when Luna was finished Celestia blushed. Her younger sister stared at her with a quizzical expression. “Why doest thou blush, Tia?” Celestia blinked and sighed.

“You remember the day that happened…when the Elements were gathered and Discord was turned into stone? We were there watching…and I…” she paused and Luna listened. “I knew the Elements would not work on Discord then…he had truly changed and the Elements do not work on good creatures. But I, foolishly, ever so foolishly… I…I used my own magic to turn Discord into stone. The Elements of Harmony had nothing to do with it.” Luna widened her blue eyes and opened her mouth to speak; she then closed it as her sister continued. “I’ve been hiding this guilt…this agony that I’ve been going through for so many months, now. Knowing that one of my faithful student’s friends is suffering like this for so long.” Celestia lowered her head and chuckled softly. “Now, it is I who has learned the lesson instead of Twilight, for a change.”

Luna smiled and walked up to her big sister. “We understand, sister. But…well,” Luna paused and let out an exasperated breath. Celestia opened her eyes and looked at her.

“Can Discord be free? He’s been locked up for eons and…we never thought he’d be so…kind, so caring. Especially towards Pinkie. He loves her, Tia. And she, in return, loves him.” Luna smiled fondly and closed her eyes. Celestia raised her head high and grinned.

“Of course, Luna. He shall be free…now, tell me, where is he?” Luna opened her sparkling eyes and smiled up at her sister.

“We shall check.” Her horn glowed and she shut her eyes tightly, this was her sensory spell. “In…a cave?”

Celestia raised an eyebrow. “A cave? Why? What would he be doing there?”

“There is a stallion incircling him…black as the night, yellow eyes with sparkling blue irises…” Celestia gasped softly, Luna opened her eyes and her horn ceased glowing. “What is it?”

“Is the stallion a Unicorn?” Celestia demanded. Luna raised an eyebrow and nodded slowly. “Oh, no…”

“Is something wrong, Tia?” Luna asked.

Celestia shook her head rapidly. “What is happening now, we must know!” she closed her eyes and Luna blinked, she shrugged and did, also. The sisters saw a vision of Discord sitting on the cold stone floor, he was talking to Tyranny. Tyranny suddenly cackled and his horn glowed blue. Celestia and Luna both gasped, Discord shook a little and Tyranny’s magic seemed to drain energy from him. Then, the dark stallion made Discord vanish and he smirked. The princesses opened their eyes and looked at each other. “Do you not remember Tyranny, Luna?

“We are afraid not, sister.” She shook her head.

“Tyranny was around when we were young, you hadn’t even a cutie mark when he ruled the land, I was just a plain Alicorn, we were more common in those days. Anyway, Tyranny made life a burden for everypony throughout the land, he ruled like Discord once did all those eons ago. Everypony was afraid of this tyrant, nopony would dare to question his authority, and certainly nopony would dare to stand up to him. But, I, I, Luna, was different. One day…” Celestia paused, “One day, when I was a little filly. Hadn’t my cutie mark yet, either, I went to his castle in what is now Canterlot. We had a brave fight, fortunately, I don’t know how, strength, or luck…I won. The ponies all around were so proud of me…they made me princess of Equestria and Tyranny was banished to the caves beneath Canterlot…he didn’t stay long, though. He eventually escaped two years later and I then banished him to Flaming Caves…the caves we just saw. I sent two great dragons to guard the cave and keep everypony out, and keep Tyranny in. Sometimes, unfortunately, the dragons are not alerted when ponies come in…and that is how, I think Discord got in the cave.” Luna nodded.

“We agree with you, sister. But what did he just do to Discord?”

“Tyranny has the power to drain energy, any kind of energy, animal, or plant. That was his power that we have just witnessed.”

“What shall we do, then?”

“We shall stop him. Let’s go.”

“Right!”