• Published 6th Nov 2012
  • 1,335 Views, 3 Comments

Fluttershy's New Friend - Theblindrat



Fluttershy really does not like to meet strangers... but this seems promising.

  • ...
4
 3
 1,335

Nightmares

Chapter 9: Nightmares

Roadie had just given Fluttershy the greatest massage she had received in possibly years, she didn't really need it, she just wanted it, but she deserved it. Roadie looked up from Fluttershy over at Anonymous, who was still sleeping peacefully on the rocking chair on the other side of the room. It was completely night time now, the moonlight came in through the window at an angle that shone off of his guitar, as if to try to make it appear white. His clothes were still folded neatly and stacked on top of the bookshelf, accessories on top. Then he looked back at Anonymous, and realized something, 'Didn't she say that she doesn't sleep?' She had said so. She said that, telling him as they were getting him a room at a motel in Manehatten. Now Roadie was wondering what she had meant by 'It's not in her nature'. He chose to ignore it and ask in the morning, maybe never, as it was her business, not his. He looked back down at Fluttershy, who was rolled over on her back now, looking back up at him. "Thank you, that was wonderful." Her eyes were half shut, fighting to stay awake, but she was smiling. Roadie matched her smile and whistled with a warm tone, "You really don't have to thank me." She was now really struggling for consciousness, and Roadie noticed. "Hey, do you want to head up to bed?" She shook her head, "No, I'll be fine right here on the couch, if…" Her eyes opened a little wider, and Roadie was curious as to what she was going to say. "…If you keep me company." She blushed a little from her own audacity of asking the question, well at least it was audacious to her; Roadie didn't see a problem with it, he nodded.

Fluttershy leaned more towards the edge of the couch, inviting him into the space between her and the back of the couch. He climbed over the arm and settled himself down in between her and the couch. Roadie sat front side up, with his legs over the arm of the couch, he was really comfortable. Fluttershy rolled over onto her side with her front side against him; she placed her arm over Roadie's chest, and curled in close to him. He wrapped his arm around her shoulder and pulled her slightly closer as if to let her know not to be afraid to come close. He could feel her softly breathing against his neck, but it didn't bother him. Roadie looked over at Fluttershy, who looked up at him from his chest and said, "Goodnight, Roadie." They both smiled, "Goodnight, Fluttershy." She put her head back down into his chest, and Roadie looked up at the ceiling. He heard what sounded like a fire crackling as his eyes closed.

Roadie opened his eyes to see himself sitting on a cloud, playing along with 'Everything I'm Looking For' by The Dirty Heads. The sun was at a perfect feeling of warmth against his face, and the cool breeze evened it out to where he felt as if he was in heaven. He was just at the end of the song when he heard a cry for help, it wasn't distant, so he had decided to go to the source. He looked over the edge of the cloud to see Ponyville, just below him; he heard the cry again, so he bolted into action towards the vague direction it came from. With his guitar slung firmly around his shoulder and over his back, he avoided buildings and startled pedestrians, dashing through alleyways and occasionally through an open window. He went in between tow fruit carts in a successful attempt to dodge them both and not crash into a foal carriage being pushed by a very frightened looking mare. He heard the cry a third time and that boosted his determination, because the cry for help came from a familiar voice, it was Fluttershy's. He saw her sitting alone by a tree with her head down, and left Roadie wondering why she was crying for help. She was sobbing quietly to herself when he reached her; he placed a hoof on her shoulder, making her jump. She looked up with teary, frightened eyes that looked to beg for help. He whistled worriedly, "What's wrong?" She stopped crying and started chuckling, then eventually rose into a full psychotic laughter. Roadie was terrified at what he was seeing.

Roadie was now about 10 feet away from Fluttershy, she was laughing crazily with a look of hunger in her eyes with one constantly twitching nervously, and cravingly. Her eyes rolled to the back of her head and her skin began to fall of her as if it was thick paint. Her eyes rolled back to show two blood red Irises, and after all the paint-skin fell off, it revealed Anonymous. She had blood in her teeth dripping down her chin and neck; she was smiling with a very evil expression that said 'I have you right where I want you'. She began stepping towards Roadie; slowly, but at a pace where she would still reach him in seconds. Roadie was backing away, trying to fly, but his wings were frozen in fear. She leapt at him, opening her mouth and grabbing his neck.

His eyes flung open at the split second her teeth made contact with his throat. He was shaking, horrified at what he had just witnessed. Fluttershy awoke from the sudden convulsing of Roadie waking up, and she realized that he had just had a nightmare. It was still dark out, but it was about two in the morning. She then tightened her grip around him with her arm and curled in more, trying to comfort him. He noticed this, and calmed down, he was breathing really quickly, but he managed to slow it back down to a normal pace. He then took his other arm and wrapped it around Fluttershy with his other arm, into a hug. Fluttershy didn't expect this, 'It must have been really bad' she thought. Roadie didn't take too long to fall back to sleep and Fluttershy was more than comfortable in Roadie's arms, but she didn't fall asleep so quickly. She rolled over to face the edge of the couch, still in Roadie's grasp. She closed her eyes thinking to herself that Roadie was fine, and she didn't need to worry so much, and fell back to sleep.

Roadie woke back up with blurred vision, blinded by the light. His eyesight eventually recovered, and he found that he was spooning with Fluttershy, which made him nervous in a way. 'What happened after that nightmare last night?' He was trying to remember the chain of events that took place, but his train of thought was interrupted by a soft yawn. Fluttershy turned her head around and half-faced him, as she was one her side, "Good morning." She giggled. Roadie blushed, embarrassed about the position they were in, but he whistled, "Good morning, sleep well?" Roadie put on a comforting smile. Fluttershy smiled back, "Very much so…" her smile turned into worry as she sat up to face Roadie. "Do you want to talk about what happened last night?" Roadie was still lying down, and he realized she was talking about the nightmare he had. Roadie shook his head, he really didn't want to talk about it, and just the thought about what had happened made him shudder.

Fluttershy slightly felt like he was pushing her away, but she realized that he was just afraid of what she would think of him if he had told her what had happened. She reached her hoof out and placed it on his shoulder, and rubbed it gently, "Please don't be afraid to talk to me…" Roadie was touched by her caring, he sat up, taking her hoof in his, and began telling her about what had happened. She was really surprised by the beginning; she didn't understand how that scared him, because it sounded perfect. Then she started getting more and more scared as his story continued. When he finished, she was extremely concerned about his well-being. She asked him tenderly, "Is this because of what the investigator from Manehatten said about Anonymous?" Roadie nodded, looking at the floor, almost ashamed at what he had told her. Fluttershy leaned in towards him, "You know they were lying to you, trying to throw you off, so why do you let it get to you? That's what they want." Roadie looked up, she was right, he shouldn't let it get to him, and it was all a lie, everything they had said about Anonymous was a lie. Roadie looked over at her, "You're right, I need to let it go." She smiled, and leaned back up, "So, you want some breakfast?" Roadie nodded, he was pretty hungry.

He looked around for Anonymous, because she wasn't in the rocking chair anymore. He also realized that since Anonymous arrived, that he hadn't seen a single animal inside of the house, not even Angel. He heard a flush, and Anonymous stepped out of the bathroom, "Did I hear breakfast?" They all laughed for a bit and walked into the kitchen with smiled on their faces to make some breakfast together.