• Published 6th Nov 2012
  • 1,335 Views, 3 Comments

Fluttershy's New Friend - Theblindrat



Fluttershy really does not like to meet strangers... but this seems promising.

  • ...
4
 3
 1,335

A Confession to Make

Chapter 7: A Confession to Make

Fluttershy was sitting outside in the afternoon sun on her porch with her guitar, strumming along with 'Sunshine' by Matisyahu. She was waiting rather patiently for Roadie to come back, but she had been waiting for an hour, and she was getting worried. She sighed and turned to angel, who was sitting on the ground next to her, "Angel, when do you think he'll get back?" Angel had a look of annoyance on his face, because she would ask this every time she finished a song.

Angel reached over and patted Fluttershy's leg, trying to reassure her that he was coming back soon. Fluttershy smiled, "You're right, I should really stop worrying." She stood up, and went inside to put her guitar away, with Angel following close behind her. As she entered the living room, she noticed Roadie's guitar sitting in the corner, next to the couch. Fluttershy stopped and looked at the guitar; it looked like it was expressing its feelings of sadness, as if it had no one to turn to. It was a very sad looking scene. Fluttershy knew that its owner would be home to reclaim it soon enough. She continued upstairs to see her guitar case lying open on her freshly made bed. She placed her guitar in the case, and as she closed it, she heard a loud ruffling noise from outside.

Fluttershy looked out of her open window to see a white mare Pegasus with a black and red mane emerge from the Everfree forest. She was extremely hurt; her face was covered with sweat, dirt, and a lot of dry blood from the gash on her forehead. Her right foreleg and her left hind leg were wounded quite badly, they had dry blood almost all the way down to her hooves, and the wounds looked old. Her gray leather jacket had some blood on it as well, but the aviators she had on were untouched by whatever had happened to her. Fluttershy had no idea what to do then to panic about this mare being so injured. All in one motion, she flew downstairs, opened, exited, and closed the door. She flew around her house and towards the mare. The white mare saw the yellow Pegasus flying towards her; she talked with a tired and coarse voice, as if she just had a mouthful of salt, "Stay… away…" she fell over unconscious. Fluttershy saw her fall over, which only boosted her speed with determination towards the mare.

Roadie had just reached Ponyville, he was flying overhead when he got his head lodged into a cloud, and the cloud was occupied by a laughing Rainbow Dash. "I got you good, dude!" She had pushed the cloud right in front of Roadie's flight path. He pulled his head out of the fluffy cloud; there was a beard on his face made out of the cloud, which made Dash laugh harder. Roadie thought the prank was quite funny as well, so he shook off the cloud beard, and bucked the cloud Rainbow was sitting on. The flash of lighting startled ponies below, but the clap of thunder sent Rainbow flying up into the cloud above them, leaving a Rainbow Dash-shaped hole on the bottom of it. Roadie laughed and whistled, "Good to see you too, Dash, but I really have to get going." Rainbow stuck her head out of the bottom of the cloud laughing at the prank, "That's fine, we can hang out later." Rainbow knew that he was going to Fluttershy's, not because she was told, but because she knew how close they were. Roadie turned to fly off, waving, Rainbow was still sticking out of the cloud, waving and smiling, when Roadie flew off.

He reached Fluttershy's front porch, and took a deep breath, relieved that he was finally back to a place where he was welcome. He knocked, and waited for a little bit. Fluttershy answered the door, hugged Roadie, but it was short lived, because she said, "I need your help with this." Roadie didn't know what she meant. They walked into her living room, and Fluttershy pointed over to the couch. Roadie wanted to cry, he was looking at an extremely injured Anonymous sitting on Fluttershy's couch. She was sprawled out across her couch with her eyes closed, she was breathing really heavily, leaving sweat and dry blood on her couch. Fluttershy looked over at Roadie, and saw him welling with tears, "What's wrong?" She looked at him with eyes that said 'please, I only want to help'. Roadie looked up at Fluttershy and whistled meekly, "This is someone I know; I was getting close to, before… this, happened." He gestured to Anonymous. Fluttershy wanted to help him through this, "How do you know her?"

Roadie took a deep breath, and began telling Fluttershy the story of how they met and Anonymous had helped him in the woods a few days ago. He went into extreme detail from words they spoke to things they saw on the way to Manehatten. He told the WHOLE story, like when the person at the desk of the motel called the police, and they flew away from them down the street. He took off all of his clothes to show her the scar that the blue unicorn had left on his leg. Fluttershy was horrified at the sight of the scar. He continued and told her about how Anonymous told him to fly away, and how he said no because he wanted to help her through the situation, and she said no. Roadie whistled, "This is why I wanted to help her… so THIS wouldn't happen." He gestured at Anonymous again. He then told her about how he fixed the incredibly deep wound in his leg, and how he fell asleep in the park and how Twilight came to help him. Then how they met shortly after when she couldn't translate him.

He then told her about how when he had to leave her earlier because they were police officers that took him in for questioning. He also told her about what the colt asking the questions had said about Anonymous, but he didn't say how he felt about it. He noticed Fluttershy was about to start crying, she was looking him in the eye, and Roadie prepared himself for what she had to say about his bad time with the police officers. She didn't say anything; she just grabbed him and pulled him really close, not in a hug, but in an embrace that was completely sincere and loving. He wrapped his arms around her, glad that she didn't hate him for the mistakes he had made.

Fluttershy whispered, "I can't believe you did that, for somepony you had just met." Roadie found himself thinking about what he said back at Rarity's, he merely repeated it, "I merely did what I had to do to make things right, and all that takes is some common courtesy." She squeezed him tighter, he continued, "She needed my help, but didn't want it, and that's why she's so injured." He leaned back slightly to look Fluttershy in her eyes, they were filled with tears and care, and he whistled a tune that was extremely sweet, "So when you need help, with anything… please come to me… I don't want anything to happen to you." She kissed him on the cheek, and returned back to her position she was in with her head on his shoulder, and her arms wrapped around his neck.

Roadie was confused about what he had done to deserve such a prize from her, he meant what he said, he only did what he had to do, but he was not going to complain about what just happened. He put his head on top of hers, feeling her mane on his cheek, she didn't want to let go of him. Roadie was barely able to move his head she was wrapped around him so tight, but he didn't want it any other way. They eventually heard moaning, and movement. Roadie looked up to see Anonymous waking up, she wasn't wearing her jacket or her aviators, and she was just her. He noticed when she opened her eyes, they were red, deep red, and then they looked at Roadie. "… Roadie?" Fluttershy let go of him, leaving them both feeling surprisingly cold. Roadie nodded, but Anonymous was confused about what was happening. "Where am I? She sat up, and cringed, she was obviously in a tremendous amount of pain.

Roadie walked over and laid her back down against the couch, and she didn't resist. Fluttershy reached down and grabbed another pillow, then placed it under Anonymous' head. "So… how long have I been out?" Fluttershy looked over and answered, "About half an hour." Roadie was actually surprised that it wasn't longer. He looked at all the cuts on her body, he was really worried about the two cuts on her legs, and they looked really serious, as if the bone had been cut. Roadie looked at Anonymous and whistled worriedly, "Is this what happened after I left?" His eyes were very caring, she nodded, "It wasn't just the police officers; let's just say that I ran into some problems while I was limping my way through the woods." Fluttershy looked at all of the dry blood caked on her body, and said, "Would you mind if we could clean you off a bit?" Roadie noticed the word 'we' on top of the word 'clean'. Anonymous smiled, "I would be very grateful." Roadie lifted Anonymous off of the couch in his arms and carried her into the bathroom.

He set her down inside of the tub, she was leaving bits a dried blood everywhere, but Roadie would clean that up later. Fluttershy turned on the water, filling it up to Anonymous' stomach. Roadie was about to walk out, thinking that it would be wrong of him to bathe a mare, but he was stopped by Fluttershy, who handed him a sponge. Anonymous saw that he was going to help, and she smiled, but Roadie blushed. 'This might get awkward quick' He thought to himself. Anonymous was thinking the exact opposite, 'I can't believe that he's so bold as to help bathe me, that's really brave, especially for him' she was still smiling at him when he came over with his sponge and soaked it. Fluttershy was already helping; she was scrubbing off the dirt caked on her right hind leg. Roadie decided to start scrubbing off her right foreleg where the major cut was, he scrubbed around the cut so that he didn't hurt her. He gently scrubbed the blood off of the wound, she flinched a bit from the sting, the cut was deep, but not as deep as Roadie's leg wound was. He soaked the sponge and ran it over her foreleg one more time to make sure everything was cleaned off in that area.

Anonymous was rinsing the blood and dirt off of her face while Roadie transitioned to her other foreleg, there was not nearly as much blood on that leg, but there was just as much dirt. When he finished with that leg, Fluttershy was washing out Anonymous' mane, which left Roadie with her left hind leg, where the other major cut was. The hot water had rinsed a good bit of the dry blood off, but there was still a lot left over for Roadie to finish the job. He gently scrubbed what was left off, he did it slowly so he didn't hurt her, this cut wasn't very deep, it was just wide, it was just below her knee and it went halfway around her leg. He scrubbed it off completely and rinsed it. Roadie had cleaned her good, most of her; the rest was handled by Fluttershy, or adorned by bruises. Roadie looked up to see Anonymous and Fluttershy both looking at him, smiling, almost adoringly. Roadie actually just cleaned this mare. He saw them smiling and flushed, 'I knew that his would get awkward' He thought to himself. He set down the sponge.