• Published 3rd Nov 2012
  • 1,547 Views, 19 Comments

The Ghoul of Chaos - Timemaster



A man, father and loving husband, watches as an odd being destroys his family. The odd being says...

  • ...
5
 19
 1,547

Insanity, Evil, and the road to freedom...

...or death...

The sun is setting, making my home dark...

"Ugh!" I say, rising from my nightmare.... that I do not remember,"I will never change again..."

I stand up, my old metal body creaking over the sudden movement.

'I can never be a stealthy ninja, that much is sure...' I think, trying to remove my mindset away from them.

The sun, disappearing behind the canopies of trees, is calling for me to leave.

"I guess it is time for me to go..." I say, looking back at my cave.

My 'bed', which was just alot of feathers and hide piled into a single blocky area, was in the middle of the room, while all of my possessions were in my 'backpack', which is just a large hide.

'Wait... where did these things come from?' I think,'I have never really hunte-'

Suddenly, I remember the nightmare....

Which was not a nightmare after all....

[~]

My human body, soaked in sweat and grime, started to change form.

My arms' flesh was the first to go, for the armor was growing in the flesh, tearing it all strand of muscle by muscle...

"AH! Aye no fu!" My body shouted, not controlled by me.

"I shall not break to pain!" My body said, tears evident in his (still human) eyes.

"Growr!"

Then, my chest started to dissolve into intself... turning from flesh into my pitch-black armor...

"AHHHH!!" My body kept on screaming, torture evident in my voice.

It went on like this, destroying my limbs, head, groin, and finally... my inards.

"Pain.... I .... bring it.... haheii.." My body said, laughing like a madman.

I see myself pull off my pumpkin head, but instead of tossing it away, my arm held onto it. The head turned from a face of torture to a face of madness, small green flames emitting from the sides of the smile.

My body moves, ignoring the writhing pain emanating from my soul.

I was hurting, while my body did as it wished.

I watched my body walk into the forest, armor changing its shade from black to purple.

"The game has begun..." my body says, oblivious to its surroundings.



Screams of pain is what follows, but this time, it is not of ponykind.... for it is of every woodland creature within a mile...


I watch myself kill every one of them... my soul weakening from watching each one of them be skinned alive or worse...


I watch myself eat cubs in front of their mothers, slaughter families in front of the babies, but not kill the babies...

But the worst part about all this was...

It wasn't my body... it was me...

"Do you hear me sanity? I will win our little game!"

[~]

I throw away the backpack, for it sparks evil within me.

I destroy all of my possessions, leaving only three things with me: My pumpkin head, The Book, and...

A cape from the pure black skin of some woodland creature.

The cape shall remind me of what I must conquer, or else lose myself.

'I will win...' My insanity taunted.

'I will win...' My evil taunted.

'I will conquer...' My bloodlust taunted.

'I will survive!' I yelled into my mind, silencing the temptations of death.

"This is gonna be a long journey."

[~]

I finally finished my preparations, and it is now time to go.

I walk out the door, looking, for one last time, back at my cave...

Before throwing a torch onto the bed, burning everything I had left behind.

'I will win this game, for a sound mind is what I need to live...'

I walk towards the town Mother had mentioned, for it may be the last hope of conquering my mind.

'If I can make friends... I could beat my evils within me...'

I start walking a bit faster, motivation kicking in.

'I could reclaim my soul...'

I start running.

'I can be free!'

I start sprinting, my metallic legs seeming to clank along as I do so.

'Even if you beat me... you can never escape me...'

I halt.

'I will not run from you, I am you. I need insanity, but I will not become you...'

I start to slowly walk.

'Whatever you say...'

Then I halt again, for I have finally made a giant realization.

'Why do you sound like mother?'

'I sound like her, for it causes you to lose your sanity a bit faster... Heheh'

I scowl.

'Silence.'

'...'

'Good.'

I start sprinting towards my destination again, my mind admiring the land I am walking along.

'Even at night, these forests are beautiful...'

'I agree with you on this.'

'I find it funny that I talk to you, though you are me, does that make me insane already?'

'Not really, for if you listened to the rules of the 'game', you would know why you hear me...'

'Can you tell me?'

'I will. You see, your mind has been spplit into its main personalities, Reason (or you) being the most powerful of us all.'

'Aren't you my evil side then?'

'Yes he is, and my name is Chaos!'

'My name is Prof. Evil, thank you very much. I am not just your evil, but also your genius.'

'All great minds can be corrupt, and stuff like that, right?'

'Yep.'

I stop walking, for there was something right in front of me.

A road.

Made of dirt.

'That is a horrible road! This thing is worse than WWII'

'I am not even going to ask...'

'i wonder if we can steal from travelling sales-'

'Silence. Both of you.'

I start my way down this path, hoping that I go to the city Mother mentioned. The sun was rising as I walked, the birds started to chirp, the butterflies were dancing around, but the best part was....

Not a sound was heard from them for a long time.

I smile, hoping to finally reach this town to meet its citizens, be they pony or manticore, for it could be fun.

Or not.

'Always look on the bright side of life dammit....'

'I will sing a song while we walk!'

'Dammit'

'Always look on the bright side of life~'

The pesky insanity within me kept on singing and singing...

I hope to reach the city soon.

[-The Heavens-]

"My child... your going the wrong way..." Mother said.

"You are not allowed to speak to him, you know the rules."

"O...kay..."

Mother looked down from the heavens.

'I hope the ponies of this large city do not mind him...'

She looked down upon the city.

'Or I may lose a bet to this scoundrel, than lose my puppet!'

She scowled.

'He' Walks up to a large screen, flips open a keyboard, and starts playing a movie.

"Come watch this with me while we wait." He gently called.

"Fine, but only one." Mother said, as she sat right by 'him'.

"I always wondered why I changed my name, but I may as well use it." 'he says'

"I changed my name, but the ponies on that planet call me by a weird name."

"What is is Mother?"

"They call me Nightmare, for I in control of their lunar princess of the moment."

'He' just stares at her.

"No, I cannot make it night, for she is banished on her moon for now."

"Eh, I have seen weirder."

They both just sat there, watching an XXX rated movie...

Both plotting on killing the other one day.

[~]

'This road is long...'

'I know! When can I see some ponies? Or maybe another species?

'Probably not anytime soon. I slightly scowl.

'Ughh!'

'Insanity, I hate you, with all my soul, but I also sorta need you..'

'hmm?'

'Without you, I might become a boring old man.' I think with a smile.

'Guys! Look over there! it is a plethora of ignorant, dumb, pesky ponies!'

I look where my Evil pointed (what?) and saw something amazing.

There was one-hundred ponies, each of them having monocles(?) on their faces. I am sure they were all male.

'Lets get closer...'

I slowly walk towards the crowd, expecting them to scream at my appearance in a moments notice.

They did not even notice me.

'Wow, these guys must be doing something...'

'Let us listen in on their conversation!'

'Fine, but be quiet from now on, unless I speak to you.'

'...'

'...'

'Good.'

I walk into a bush near the crowd, duck into said bush, and became camouflaged. I started listening in on their conversation...

I could actually understand them... is it because Discord cannot muffle the 'Evil' creatures? If so... that means I can really know if Discord was just another lying god or not.

I stop thinking about all of this when a voice starts screaming from the crowd...

"My fellow ponies! Today is a day of great change! For today is the day Celestia knows her place!" The voice, which was coming from a black and blue stallion in the middle of the group, continue to call out,"Today is the day that mares know their place! And that place is....

"In the kitchen!" The stallion, who from this moment on will be called Dick, roared.

'Damn... I can sense that these ponies are evil... but not originally.'

"Princess Celestia, our ruler, will bow to us! We will be the princes of the whole universe!"

The crowd cheers.

"We are the Princes of the Universe! We shall beat down the 'love and tolerence' life style of these ignorant mares!"

The crowd nearly explodes into cheer.

"We shall slay our princess, and absorb her power for OURSELVES!"

The crowd erupts into a large cheer, echoing across the sky.

'I am gonna try to calm them down. Or mabye I will stop their, seemingly treacherous, ways.

I get out of my bush, with the speed of lightning, and ran straight up to the crowd.

Completely forgetting what I look like.

A frightened stallion looks at me as he yells,"DEMONSPAWN!"

"WITCH-CRAFT!" says another.

"KILL THE BEAST!" says an extremely buffed out blue pony, who seems to be emitting testosterone.

'I just walked into a crowd of buff stallions eager enough to kill their leader. Am I insane?'

'No, I am.'

'Do not worry, I got this.'

'Wha-'

Suddenly, and quite smoothly, my body changes from its normal headless, horseless-man to a pitch-black version of itself.

"Silence! You are trying to control this world? I will be the judge, jury, and executioner of all who pass my way... and I judge you all guilty to Treason!" Bloodlust said.

'What are you going to do Blood? DO NOT KI-'

"You are all sentenced to... 3 years in the hospital without limbs!" Bloodlust said, changing my bodies arms into blades.

"ATTACK!" Dick shouted.

"I'll try my best to forget your screams, but they will always haunt you in your dreams!" Bloodlust roared.

*Spleuch*

Dick's front-left hoof was sliced in half, while his eye was scratched deeply.

"AHH~"

"One down..."

*Shink*

A buff stallion was stripped of his back legs, each of them being cut off with percision.

"NO~"

"Too easy..."

'Stop it!'

'Oh I am not even killing them!'

'Do not injure all of them! Just scare them off somehow!'

'I can do that...'

Then, my body shifted its color from pitch-black to the equivalent of an insane man's art project.

"Run, run as fast as you can! Or I will eat you like the Gingerbread-Man!"

All of the stallions froze.

"You shall love your princess, for she is your leader. I am no sender of her, for I am just a man wanting to save all pe- ponies from being evil!"

'I can see how much I control you guys now...'

My body changes back to normal.

"Now, you will make me into a citizen of your city. You will have equality with your female counterparts, and you will not try to harm your royalty...

"Understand?" I say, my voice booming with demand.

"Ye- Yes s- sir...." a black, thin stallion said.

"Who is the leader of this town?"

"The mayor of this town is umm... over there." the black stallion said.

"What is the name of this town, for I wish to live in peace." I said, my smile beaming with compassion.

"I would believe that... I mean those guys were dragging all of the stallions into this thing, but now that they are done. We are free!"

"Really? How many of you were brought here against your will?"

"Almost all of us. Duckie Burns over there," the stallion pointed to Dick, I mean Duckie,"he was the most strongest bucker of us all. He has lot of 'friends' in the army, but they may stop liking him since he was, you know, defeated."

"Interesting..."

"I want to ask something." the stallion said, his eyes staring in wonder at my body.

"Who, and what, are you?"

"I am a ghoul, and my job is Chaos." I said, taking off my head, and scaring the shit out of 60% of the stallions," But you can call me...

"Angelus Mortis." I say, somehow learning a new language since I touched that book.

"Nice to meet you Angelus, I am Dark Blossom. I am a gardener of dark-colored plants like the unusual Black Flowers." He said, proud of his work.

"That is good and all, but what is this town's name?"

"This is Mareiland! Of course most of the mares are inside due to ex-mayor Duckie's decisions, but now we can free our wives!"

The crowd around us suddenly smiled at me.

"You have saved our town from that blasted pony, though you scare us, you are welcome here." an odd stallion, pure brown, said to me.

"Who are you?"

"I am the next in power for Mayor's Office, so now I am the new mayor, and my name is...

"Blue Spark." he said, his smile giving me some of the emotion I have been craving.

Love... or friendship... are they different?

"I am a creature that has never understood emotion until a few days ago. I have a question of dire importance to say." I said, my face smiling.

"Ok. Shoot."

"What is love? Also, what is friendship?"

He just stares at me for a bit.

"Love is umm....

"something, but friendship is a feeling of magic." he said, his smile never fading.

"Friendship is magic?"

"In short, yes, but it is much more complex than that." He said, his smile returning to his indifferent face.

"Oh! It is ok! You do not have to tell me, for I will learn myself!" Is say, my voice sorta off.

"Alright then, come with me, we need to make you an honorary citizen and hero!"

'I am no hero! I have slaughtered!'

'Do not take all the credit dammit!'

"Ok, but after that, can I have a-"

"Place to stay? Of course! take Duckie's old house!" Mayor said.

"I feel something inside me, like I am about to explode!" I say, my chest plate feeling like butterflies.

"Hmm?"

"HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH!"

"..."

"yay!" I yell, surprized at how low my voice was.

"Can you repeat that?"

"yay!" I yell a bit louder.

"Did you just... try to cheer?"

"Is that what that feeling is? Cheerfulness?"

"Yep, it happens when you are happy with friends, as we are." He said smiling.

"I am humbled to be your friend." I say, smiling truthfully.

We started walking towards the town hall, talking the day away.

[-3 hours later-]

"I hope I will see you later my friend!" Mayor yelled towards me.

"I hope to see you, too!" I say, cheerful beyond belief.

I start sprinting to my new home, which looked much like a tiny mansion, and used the keys on the locks.

I open, go in, shut, and lock the door.

'I guess the bedroom is that way?'

I open the door and see the bedroom, but more importantly, I see a bed.

"Goodnight!"

I fell asleep, as I heard one thing escape my pumpkin lips.

"I cannot wait to gut all of the ponies..."

And thus, I was thrown into a nightmare. One which I could not escape until the morn.


A/N:

I hate being sick.

End of A/N