• Published 3rd Nov 2012
  • 1,546 Views, 19 Comments

The Ghoul of Chaos - Timemaster



A man, father and loving husband, watches as an odd being destroys his family. The odd being says...

  • ...
5
 19
 1,546

Prologue- Happy birthday.....

The day was a warm one, the scent of leaves in the air, and the feeling of a light breeze

I opened the door out of the office, and started down my way. The bright sun beaming down at me all the way, as I was staring out of the large clear glass. The Boss smiling at me as he led me out of the building. Today, I went home early...

I was walking home, for my job was finally done, and was kicking cans along the way. My car had broken down a few days ago, so my friend, Albert, said he would fix it up for me. He is a kind friend, but we all know it takes him awhile to get things done,'just like his old man', I thought as I was chuckling.

Today was one of the few days of true happiness in my life, for I am an Army Mercenary of sorts, so I almost never have a good day. My family on my small farm always comforted me, especially Granny, when a case was too much, for we all cared for one another as if we were one being. My daughter, Jane, was the most rebellious of the whole family, mainly because of of teenage-itis, but also because I am almost never home.

The few days I were home had to be days such as: Hail, downpour, hurricane, tornado, overly-bright day, and today, for today was the day I had been awaiting all year long. Today was my birthday.

[~]

I finally reached my street. My street is a usually bright, kind, and sunny one, but for some reason, today everything was silent. I smelt an odd odor in the air, the smell greater the more I walked towards my home. My home was a two-story home, the kids getting the top floor, while me and my wife,Margaret, get the bottom floor. The reason for that is simply, if a robber comes in, the kids are further out of reach.

I walked by Albert's house, surprised to see his house's window shattered. 'Come on... Albert must have exploded another experiment again..', I thought,'I mean, that man tries to make some weird things. Last week he kept on talking about a 'portal', quite an imagination on that guy. '. I walked up my driveway, getting my keys out of my wallet, and putting them in the lock.

When I put my hand on the doorknob, all I felt was a chill, but not one of cold. One of pure fear. Gulping, I open the door and see the horrifying things beyond.

I saw a 'happy birthday!!' banner on the wall, but it was shredded and only read,'happy -day!'.

Fearing for my family, I ran into my kitchen. Spotting blood on the wall,"No..." I said as I looked below the wall of blood. I saw a body on the floor, half-melted, the flesh and bodily tissue seeming to fizzle away. The body was that of my Margaret, the one woman in my whole life I ever loved, and she was on the ground. Fizzling away.

I ran into my daughter's room, and I was mortified by what I saw.


There was a creature of mythology eating my daughter. My daughter's body was in his hand, and was slowly melting WHILE being eaten. Her eyes were melted and gone, only eye sockets left. I felt my heart break before my anger ensued.

"HEY! YOU FUCKING BEAST! WHO ARE-" I was saying in my angry tone, damped by my tears. The beast looked at me with the eyes of a madman, and said only one thing,

"I am Discord, and I am so sorry for your family, but their HARMONIOUS life was making me sooo mad..."

I felt fear. Fear beyond paranoia. Fear beyond Hell. This damn chimera thing just ate my family, and all I could feel was fear. I had nothing left to lose, so why was I afraid? I was afraid for what may happen to me and all of mankind.

Mankind does not need this. With my final act of sanity I said one thing,"Please.*sniffle*.. let this be a dream... let this not be real...Discord... I have nothing left to lose, but I do not want you in my realm, I will do anything for you to le-"

"You want me to give you one order? Alright, but it is your funeral." Discord said in a flat-tone.

"Give me one order.... Discord,"

"Die and become my slave."He said with a smile...

[~]

I felt nothingness, but everything at once. I could not remember who I was, yet I remembered everything from my childhood. I could remember children playing around me, pushing me down, and beating the snot out of me.

But I always got back up.

I felt my body go limp, but I felt another body rise, I saw a bright light, but instead of me going to the light, I watched in absolute fear as a being grabbed onto my 'body', pulling it into the darkness.

[~]

I woke up in a grassy field, far from any trees. A pumpkin on my chest. I grabbed the pumpkin in my hand and looked around. There was only one thing anywhere within a mile of here, and that thing was a tea table. A chimera sitting in one of the seats, motioning me to sit opposite of itself.

"Who are you?" I asked,'Where am I? Who am I?!" I started to unleash my questions onto the chimera.

"I am Discord, you are in my dimension, and the last question I cannot tell you." He said, striking all of my questions down quick.

"Why can you not tell me? I want to know!" I started to scream at the beast, for he was depriving me of my name.

"When you were mortal, you gave your entire soul to me, so you are mine to name." He said with a smirk, his snaggle-tooth.

I wanted to be surprised, but I felt nothing coming.

"Oh wow, I forgot that you do not have emotions anymore, quite a shame..." He said with his smile, making me 'feel' angry, but not really feel angry.

"Why? Without emotions I could go insane."

"I see that, even with your emotions stripped, you are still very quizzical." He face-clawed,"But no matter. I have a deal for you."

I listened calmly, felling nothing was amiss.... or just feeling nothing at all.

"I will give you emotions back, if you cause some chaos in a place full of EVIL creatures. These beings may seem nice, but their voices hold power that could infect you, so for your safety, I will take away your hearing when you reach that world." He said with a trusting smile.

I nodded in my head,"When will I go.....master?" I said, not knowing if he wanted to be called master.

"You will begin your journey now." He pointed a finger at me, at which point his finger started to glow, and fired an odd beam.

I saw my body for the first time. My body was covered with a dark cloak, reaching to my feet. My flesh was the color of gray, but it felt warm.

I reached to feel my hair, but felt nothing where my head should be. That is when I realized something.

I was headless, covered in a dark cloak, and had a pumpkin in hand. I was a headless... horseless-man.
What am I?