• Published 2nd Nov 2012
  • 2,458 Views, 116 Comments

Four Man Cheeseburger Apocalypse - Dihinner



From hell to heaven then back to hell

  • ...
25
 116
 2,458

Ain't No Dream

Ellis’s head hurt. He opened his eyes and groaned. He saw that some thin rays of sunlight were poking through the holes in the barricade. He’d had the strangest dream. Picking himself off the diner floor, he looked around himself to see the boarded up windows and some pots and pans on the floor. He also saw Nick, Rochelle and Coach standing around something when he alerted them that he was awake.

“Hey yall, I’ve had the weirdest dream. Like, weirder than the zombie’s weird,” said Ellis, “it had these little houses and talkin’ horses.”

“uh Ellis,” said Nick, “that ‘dream’ you had. It might be more real than you think.”

Ellis blinked, “what?”

“take a look at this,” said Coach as he picked up whatever he, Nick and Rochelle were standing around to reveal what it was: a small orange pony knocked out cold.

“hey, that looks like that talkin’ horse that was in mah dream,” said Ellis.

“uh Ellis, said Rochelle, “hate to break this to you but, that wasn’t a dream.”

“what are you talking about? Taking horses ain’t real,” said Ellis as he walked over to Coach, “hey Coach, where did you find this thing?”

Coach looked at him, “that was no dream y’all had. This horse can talk,” he said, gently putting it on a table. Ellis poked the pony’s forehead with the top of his guitar. It stirred slightly.

“well, if it can talk, why isn’t it now?” he asked.

“this thing attacked you after we barricaded ourselves in here,” said Nick, “then you slipped on the floor and it attacked us with its rope. Coach here then hit its head with the frying pan and now were here.”

Ellis glanced at Coach, “you knocked out a talking horse with a frying pan?”

“What would you have done if a crazy talking horse thing started kicking your shins? Pet it?” asked Coach sarcastically. The two continued to argue on what who would have done with it. Rochelle sighed and spoke up.

“Ok, that aside, what are we going to do with this thing?” interrupted Rochelle. Ellis and Coach turned to her.

“Put it outside?” suggested Ellis.

Nick laughed, “Put it outside? We could get rich off of this thing.”

“Hate to tell you Nick but, who’ll pay to see this if the zombies are still out there?” replied Rochelle.

The pony on the table opened her slightly as the survivors continued to argue about what to do with it. To her surprise, she was still in Sugarcube corner. She jumped off the table and confronted the four invaders.

“Who are you and why did you break in?” she asked. The four survivors turned around to see pony.

“Oh mah god it does talk!” said Ellis excitedly.

“Well yeah ah can talk!” she said surprised, “Why wouldn’t I be able to?”

“Because you’re a horse?” said Ellis.

“Ah ain’t a horse I’m a pony,” she replied annoyed.

“Great, first zombies and now talking ponies,” said Nick, “what next, dragons?”

“Mah friend Spike’s a dragon,” she replied.

“Of course he is,” muttered Nick.

“So, who are you and why’d you break into Sugarcube corner?” asked the pony.

“Uh, in case you haven’t noticed miss, there are zombies out there,” replied Coach, “Were sorry about the windows.”

The pony laughed, “How dumb do you think ah am? Zombies? Those are only make believe!”

“They actually have some sort of disease,” said Rochelle, “they just act like zombies.”

The pony stared at them, “so what you are telling me is that there is a zombie apocalypse that happened overnight?” asked the pony.

“Actually, it’s been three weeks since the infection started,” said Ellis.

The pony stared at the four mysterious beings in her presence. She sighed and said, “Y’all ain’t from here, are you?”

“That depends, we still in Ducatel?” asked Coach.

“What’s ‘Ducatel’? Yer in Equestria,” said the pony.

“Where is Equestria? I don’t remember learning about that country in school,” said Ellis.

The talking pony sighed, “Where is this ‘Ducatel’ place? There should be a map here somewhere,” said the Pony, “hey Pinkie pie, do y’all have a map!” she called out.

“Are the monsters still down there Applejack?” a voice called, presumably Pinkie pie.

“Nah, they seem ok. There just lost,” said Applejack. A small pink pony’s head poked out from behind the counter.

“Really? That big one hit you with a frying pan,” she said. Coach rubbed the back of his head and looked away.

“Sorry ‘bout that, reflex,” he said, “so, do y’all have a map?”

The pink pony shook her head, “I don’t, but Twilight might,” she said.

“What’s with your names? Pinkie pie? Applejack? Twilight? What kind of names are those?” asked Nick.

Applejack glared at him, “what? If you think our names are funny, what are yers?”

“My friends call me Coach. I guess y’all can do the same. This is Rochelle, Ellis and Nick,” said Coach.

“Well, nice to meet you Coach, ahm Applejack and this here is Pinkie pie,” said Applejack.

“Pleasure to meet y’all,” said Ellis.

“Yeah, well, now that we have the introductions in order, how about seeing that map now? We’re kind of in a hurry,” said Nick. Applejack glared at him.

“Sure, follow me. You coming along Pinkie pie?” asked Applejack.

“Nope, sorry, have to clean up this mess!” she said as the survivors started to pick up their weapons. Applejack looked at Coach’s chainsaw.

“Hey Mr., what’s that?” she asked.

“This?” asked Coach as he held up his chainsaw, “this here is a chainsaw. Cut an infected clean in half.”

“What’s an infected?” she asked.

“Some mean son of a bitch that is hell bent on killing anything not infected,” replied Ellis, “used to be people like us.”

Applejack backed away, “wait, you mean y’all were KILLING people?” she asked horrified.

Rochelle walked up slowly to Applejack, “don’t worry. There aren’t any infected in here. You have no reason to worry.”

Applejack nodded slowly, “yeah, like I said, I haven’t heard of anything ‘infected’ here.”

Nick made an impatient sigh, “hey, now that we have that cleared up, how about taking us to this ‘Twilight’ person?”

Applejack glared at Nick, “sir, ah don’t like your attitude.”

Coach chuckled, “that makes two of us.”


A pair of sickly yellow eyes watched from a rooftop. It was watching the four survivors talking with the orange pony. It coughed; this infection caused it great pain in its lungs. It turned its head to see its partner, a Hunter. It growled at the sight of the survivors. Although they are all deformed, the infected still retain some forms of intelligence. The Smoker had made a plan and the Hunter was phase one of the plan to kill the survivors. The ponies however, were a different thing all together. Maybe food sources after the survivors are dead. The survivors and the pony unblocked the door and stepped outside. Then, the Hunter got into position to pounce one of the survivors.

The plan was in motion.