• Published 2nd Nov 2012
  • 2,455 Views, 116 Comments

Four Man Cheeseburger Apocalypse - Dihinner



From hell to heaven then back to hell

  • ...
25
 116
 2,455

The Hunter, The Witch and Nick

A low growl echoed faintly through the darkened streets of Canterlot. The Hunter was assigned to patrol the city after his ambush. The Smoker had overheard some speak of the survivors traveling to this town in the near future. He also stated that Spitter was dead, killed by the young survivor. Smoker also stated that he had an ambush planned for the young one that involved the Charger. The Hunter was still waiting to hear if he was successful. It leaped off the ground and landed on a rooftop with a quiet thud. His initial inspection of the city was going well. There was nothing blocking his path or trying to kill him. After about ten minutes, he arrived at what he assumed was a castle, something he remembered knowing about before he was infected. He got into a more upright position and walked silently into the nearby garden. The infection had caused his flesh to swell around his wrists and ankles, causing him pain whenever he moved them too much. Being aware of that, he mostly used swinging motions with his arms after digging his claws onto his prey to disembowel them, which was also accompanied by a bite to their throat to try and cut off their air supply. The Hunter passed by some statues until he passed by a strange one in particular.

It was upright, unlike most of the other inhabitants of this strange place, but made from multiple different components. It had wings, both differently shaped along with its hands and feet, which were also different from the other and a head resembling the horse things, except it had two different horns. The Hunter briefly thought about what would an infected with pieces from all of the ‘special’ ones would look like. Shaking its hooded head, the Hunter resumed patrolling the garden until finding something of interest: a large glass window. It had six of those weird horse things surrounding the creature that resembled the statue from earlier. After deciding it wasn’t important, the Hunter resumed patrolling the city. The mission it was given was fear. He was supposed to make sure the inhabitants of the town don’t leave their houses at night. The infected predator noticed a lone pony walking down an empty street. The Hunter leaped onto a rooftop and started to stalk the pony. Its hunting methods did not go unnoticed however.

Deep down every creature, intelligent or not, knows when something is hunting them. That is one of the reasons the survivors have kept alive: teamwork and the feeling that something is following them. The pony started to walk faster; not wanting to look like a fool if anyone was watching and slowed down at the end of the street. The Hunter made a low growl, causing the pony to quickly look around. If it could, the Hunter would have smiled. The one place she didn’t look was the rooftops. The Hunter crouched down and leaped at its prey. The shrill screams of the pony being devoured and the Hunter’s shrieks echoed throughout the city. By the time anyone had gotten there to help, all there was to be seen was the gruesome, bloody carcass of pony and a small trail of blood that seemed to vanish into thin air…

*********************************************************************

Nick was in a very bad spot. Sure, if the others were here he would feel more confident and if they had firearms, even better but no. all he had was a frying pan. A goddamn frying pan. How the hell was he supposed to get around a wandering Witch and a Tank with a frying pan? The Witch started to make shrieking sounds that were louder than the Tank’s growling and started to uncurled it’s deadly feature: two pairs of twelve inch claws. The claws had enough strength in them to incapacitate and or kill with one swing. And the Tank was strong enough to flip an entire car and pull cement blocks out of literally anything. And all Nick had was a frying pan covered with dried infected blood and an adrenaline shot.

'Wait, do I still have a shot?’ thought Nick, thinking fast he quickly checked his belt to see if the shot was still there. And sure enough, it was. Nick quickly injected the shot into his arm just as the Witch shrieked a final time and started to attack. Nick ran for his life. Having a Witch chasing after you was one thing. Having a Witch and a Tank was another. The Tank roared and swung its mighty arm, narrowly missing Nick. He ran until he hit the center of Ponyville. He’d been running from the outskirts of the forest looking for Ellis and he made it here. Panting, he put his hands to his knees and started to laugh. Some of the ponies looked at Nick but resumed what they were doing.

A meeting was held yesterday after the incident with Ellis and the Charger. The survivors present introduced themselves and said they would be staying for a short time. They told them of the possibility of the other infected being here along with the already known Hunter and Smoker. They mentioned the infection briefly, causing a mild panic thinking that they could turn into the monsters. A doctor that was treating Fluttershy spoke up and said that there was absolutely no way that they could get the infection without someone genetically modifying it. He also mentioned that to do that they needed a live specimen with the virus to contain it.

After that the mayor stated that the survivors shouldn’t be bothered when the possibility of one of the infected being in the area. When some asked why, Twilight levitated the deceased body of the Charger. There were collective gasps from many of the ponies present. The Charger had half of its face torn off by Rochelle’s axe and a long slit going down its back from Coach’s chainsaw. There were no more questions about the danger of the infected. instead; Coach told them about what to do if one is nearby: barricade your home. Avoid all contact with the infected individual. Wait for a survivor to dispatch it before leaving your home. The Rochelle and Nick chuckled at that, remembering the conversation Coach and Ellis had when they were on their way to the evacuation center in Savannah, Georgia and were getting supplies at Whitakers gun shop.
Nick looked behind himself; he couldn’t see the Tank or the Witch anywhere. Feeling the effects of the shot wearing off, he set out to find his fellow survivors to see if they had found Ellis. He walked around the town, occasional looking around for an infected, before he ran into Twilight.

“Hello Nick,” she said.

“Hi, did you find Ellis yet?” he asked.

She smiled, “oh, Coach and Rochelle found him not long ago, their looking for you now.”

Nick nodded, “where are they? There’s something important that they should know about.”

“What is it?” asked Twilight.

Nick sighed and looked behind himself, “I don’t think they followed me here.”

“What? What’s following you?”

Nick looked at her, “it’s nothing we can’t handle.”

Twilight looked at Nick, annoyed, “what is it?”

Nick sighed, “Look, if I tell you, you’ll panic. And that’s the last thing we need right now.”

Twilight blinked in surprise, “did you find an infected?”

“Two, I found two infected. Probably the last two infected we need right now.”

Twilight nodded, “how dangerous are they?”

Nick paused. Then answered, “The safest thing you could possibly do in evacuate the city. Immediately.”

She blinked, and then nodded, “what do they look like?”

“One of them is a walking pile of muscle, and the other is crying.”

Twilight looked at him, confused, “Why is it crying?” she asked.

“We don’t know. But whatever you do, do not go near it,” said Nick seriously, “I’ve seen what is can do. You’ll be dead before you even figure out what happened. What’s the nearest city?”

“Hmm, Canterlot is the closest city near here. About four hours away by hoof,” she replied.

“Call a town meeting. We have to get out of here as soon as possible,” said Nick urgently, “we can’t kill them with what we have now.”

“Why not? You killed that charger and the Spitter with what you have now,” said Twilight.

Nick stared at her, “Chargers and Spitters are just deformed infected. A Witch or a Tank is infected that do not want to get near to.” He unsheathed his frying pan, “this won’t do shit against a Tank. The only one who might be able to hit it is Coach. And I don’t think he wants to fight a tank without a gun.”

Twilight nodded and ran off with Nick close behind, “you go tell everyone that you have to evacuate. I’ll go find Coach, Rochelle and Ellis.”

“Ok,” said Twilight as she ran to the mayor’s office. Nick spotted his fellow survivors casually walking down a street. Nick ran up to them.

“We have to get out of here. Now,” he said.

“Why? There’s nothing going on. I don’t see any infected,” replied Ellis.

“They’re not here yet. But there coming,” said Nick as he glanced behind himself again.

“What did you see?” asked Coach.

“A Witch and a Tank, I barely got out of there alive,” said Nick, “I told Twilight to tell everyone to evacuate.”

“Alright, I know we can’t kill them with what we have now,” said Coach, “but maybe they have better weapons at this Canterlot place.”

Rochelle nodded, “Twilight said something about us needing to the princess. I think she said she lives in Canterlot.”

Ellis chuckled, “well, then were not really evacuating huh? We’re just going to the princess.”

The other survivors nodded and headed to the center of the town. Sure enough, a meeting telling about the immediate evacuation was being held. Twilight was standing on the podium with her friends close by. The survivors stood at the back of the crowd and listened to the evacuation notice.

“… I was told that the incoming infected were extremely dangerous and should be avoided on sight,” said Twilight as she noticed the survivors standing at the back of the crowd. The told them to describe the infected in particular. Coach spoke,

“From what Nick said, the two infected that are out there are a Witch and a Tank.”

One pony asked what a Tank was. “A Tank is one big zombie that can send y’all flying just by swinging his arm at you. Do not let it get that close; it’ll still hit you while you’re trying to get up.”

“And the Witch?” asked another.

“A Witch,” said Ellis, “a witch is probably the most dangerous infected out there. It can kill you just by slashing its claws at you once.”

There were murmurs throughout the crowd, most of which were wondering why the survivors went on their way to get rid of the infected. When somepony finally called out to ask the question, the survivors responded sadly.

“We can’t kill them with what we have now. If you had firearms then sure, but from we know, y’all haven’t got any,” replied Ellis. There were shouts of protest, saying that the survivors are no help at all. They started coming up with wild ideas stating that the survivors themselves were infected and were just lying so they could get them in their sleep. The arguing went on until the ground started to shake. It was followed by a loud roaring sound accompanied by a huge slab of rock crashing into the podium, narrowly missing Twilight and her friends. They stared at the survivors, all of which took out their weapons. Ellis grabbed the bottle that was hanging from his waist and lit the cloth that was sticking out from the top. He also shouted out one word that described what was attacking the perfectly.

“TAAAAAAAAAAAANK!”