• Published 2nd Nov 2012
  • 2,458 Views, 116 Comments

Four Man Cheeseburger Apocalypse - Dihinner



From hell to heaven then back to hell

  • ...
25
 116
 2,458

Up In Flames

It was difficult to believe. And yet, it was right in front of him. The Tank was demolishing the entire town as it went up in flames. Ellis urged on the ponies at the back of the evacuation group before running back to where the fight was being held. Coach was trying to get close to the Tank and try to get it with his chainsaw. Unfortunately, the tank noticed him and sent him flying. He crashed into the ground not far away.

“Damn it,” he muttered before getting back up.

They all could tell it was a losing fight. Ellis had thrown his Molotov in an attempt to hold it back while the ponies escaped. So far there were no reports of casualties. He hoped it would stay that way. Nick warned them again about the Witch and after a brief argument, Twilight agreed to lead the evacuation of the city with her friends. The Tank roared again as it knocked down another building. The situation was dire, Ellis knew the only way to get out of here was to run or die trying. He ran over to Nick, who was struggling to get off the ground.

“Come on, you can do this,” he said, pulling his friend up.

“We can’t kill it,” he panted, looking at Rochelle who was trying to implant her axe into the Tank’s arm. It roared and flung her into a street corner.

“Shit that hurt!” she yelled as she got off the ground. She looked at Ellis and Nick to see them trying to tell her to run. She yelled at them over the chaos. “Have you lost your mind?!”

“Does it matter?!” yelled Nick over the roaring of the Tank. “We can’t kill it now!”

Rochelle looked into the blazing ruins of Ponyville. The Tank was chasing Coach, who was going to be cornered by the infected as he backed up against a wall. She ran up to them just as the Tank was about to plaster Coach all over the wall and imbedded her axe into the spine of the Tank. It roared and turned to Rochelle, who was fleeing from the monstrous infected. Ellis and Nick ran over to Coach and told him their plan.

“You know what, I ain’t arguing with that!” he said before grabbing a rock and hurling it at the Tank. It struck the infected’s back. The Tank slowly turned its small head and gave the three survivors a look of rage as it thundered towards them again. Rochelle quickly ran up to the back of the Tank and pulled her axe out of its body before grabbing her own Molotov and threw it against its skull. The monster roared at the sudden burning pain, giving the survivors the chance to flee…

****************************************************************************************************************

Twilight turned her head to look at the place they were running from. Ponyville burned in the late night sky. The plan was to leave as soon as the survivors said to. Unfortunately, what would have been a rather short trip instead took much longer with the problem of having to bring the entire population of Ponyville on hoof. She sighed as Spike walked up beside her.

“So… was that a zombie?” he asked. Twilight nodded gloomily, she was told in was impossible to kill the Tank with what the survivors currently have. The best thing they could do is distract it and flee to Canterlot for a better chance of survival.

“All we can do now is get away from it as they try to hold it off,” she told him. Spike nodded and also paused to look back at the burning town. Ponies’ entire lives were destroyed by the Tank. And nopony could do anything to fully stop it.

The flames were diming as the townsponies resumed their journey to Canterlot. Sometime later, Fluttershy walked up to Twilight. Her face still had some of the bandages from the Spitter attack. The doctor treating her mentioned that the acid that was sprayed on her face was some sort of stomach bile and that it would heal quite quickly despite the odd burning quality it had. Still, she still had a bandage covering her left eye and lower part of her mouth.

“Um, Twilight, if you don’t mind me asking, do you know what happened to them?” she asked her quietly. Twilight looked at her friend.

“You saw what was attacking us. They must call it a Tank for a reason. Hopefully they managed to get rid of it. If not…” her voice trailed off at the thought of what would happen. An eight foot tall monster that nopony knows anything about that can endure almost anything. She shuddered at what would happen if it managed to reach Canterlot. Shoving the thought out of her mind, she focused on the task at hand.
“We have to get to Canterlot as soon as possible. Who knows what else could be out here,” said Twilight. As if taunting here, a loud cough could be heard echoing in the moonlight. Rainbow dash flew over to her.

“I don’t get what’s the deal with that thing back there,” she said, “I bet I could have gotten rid of it in ten seconds flat.”

That caused Twilight to chuckle slightly, “you try telling them that next you see them.”

“If we see them again,” said Applejack, who was walking close by, “so far nopony’s been reported missing.” She too gazed at the ruins of her town. She sighed, “ah just can’t believe that something like that their Tank exists.”

Rainbow dash nodded, “yeah, why’d they name a zombie after my pet tortious?”

“I think they call it that due to the fact that they claim it’s near impossible to get rid of,” said Twilight as the evacuation group started to move again. “When we get to Canterlot we’ll warn the princess of that monster and get rid of it once and for all.”

Her friends nodded before returning to the small groups they were watching over so nopony gets separated.
Hours passed and there was no sign of the survivors. Many of the ponies assumed they were killed by the monstrous Tank. They would have a memorial in Canterlot when the Tank was defeated. Finally, Twilight started to see the outlines of the capital city. She urged the ponies on that they were almost there.

*******************************************************************************

The Smoker’s diseased eye’s looked at the destroyed town in rage. The Tank was supposed to kill the survivors. They had even blocked themselves in with their fire. But somehow, some stupid horse had made an escape tunnel right beside their bakery. It led them into the great field that went to the city the Hunter was in. the Smoker, although he doubted it would happen, had prepared for this possibly occurring and sent the Jockey and Boomer to assist the Hunter in striking fear in the city. The Smoker’s newly re grown tongue moved with the wind slightly. He staggered towards the Tank, who was burnt, injured and enraged. Just by looking at it, the Smoke knew that if the Tank did nothing else in its life, it was going to kill every last pony and survivor that has escaped its wrath.

The Witch however, did not particularly care about the fate of the survivors or ponies, as long as they left her alone. The Smoker had managed to convince her that a more preferable place to roam was the nearby city. The same city that most of the other infected were located in. the Smoker made a series of sharp wheezing sounds that only another infected could recognise as laughter. The Smoker was done toying with the survivors, forcing them to stay pent up in one place until they deemed it safe. No, this time the Smoker will launch a true assault on the survivors. He may not have a horde at his command, but he had the most dangerous allies in the existence on this strange, colourful world.

And the survivors… they will die, and then there will be a feast that all of Equestria will remember for all time.

*******************************************************************************

“Hey y’all, I think they went this way!” shouted Ellis as the survivors looked for a way to the city. Ellis had finally stumbled across the path they were taking, due to it being covered with fresh hoof prints.

“Nice job, Ellis,” said Nick as he followed the path with the others not far behind, “maybe when we get to this city they can finally send us out of here.”

“We’ve only been here for three days Nick,” said Rochelle, “if you wanted to leave sooner, then why didn’t you just ask?”

Nick raised his eyebrow at her, “you think we could have just walked up to one and said ‘hello, I’m lost and I’m wondering if you can send me back to my zombie infested world’.”

Rochelle sighed, “Right, and who in the right mind would actually go and ask that?”

“I would have,” said Ellis as he looked around for Coach, who was keeping an eye out for any infected. “Hey Coach, see anything?”

“If there is anything out there, they sure are hiding well,” said Coach as he caught up with the other survivors, “now; Twilight said the city is roughly four hours away on foot. Now, with the large group they had to bring I think they should still be on their way there. If we’re lucky we might just be able to catch up with them.”

The other survivors nodded, they had a better chance of getting to the city if they met up with the evacuation group. The survivors continued to walk throughout the night, unable to catch up with the survivors until early the next day. The four tired survivors slowly made their way through the evacuation group. There were many looks of surprise that the survivors made it out of the burning hell of what was there town alive and even managed to catch up with them despite their six hour head start. When they finally got to the front, Twilight beamed at them. Although they weren’t in the best shape when they first got here, they were covered with ash and scorch marks on their clothing. Finally Twilight asked the question that almost all the ponies were thinking the whole trip.

“Did you… kill it?” she asked. They paused. After a short silence, Ellis responded.

“No. that thing is still out there. We only managed to hold it off.”

There was an awkward silence as Ellis’s response stunned many of the ponies present.

“Hah, I bet I could have killed it in ten seconds flat,” said a voice that rang through the air. Ellis turned to see Rainbow dash trying to pull off a war face in an attempt to let her go and fight the Tank. To her surprise, all of the survivors started to laugh.

“You think, a little pony like you, can kill a Tank all by yourself?!” said Coach through his laughter, “We fought it for six hours in a burning city and we barley even left a scratch on the thing. And you think you can kill it in ten seconds?! Are you out of your goddamn mind?!”

Rainbow dash had a look of rage as the survivors laughed at her impossible statement. She knew she could do it. All she needed was a chance to.

I’ll prove I can beat the Tank! You just watch!” she said as she flew off in search for the beast. Coach shook his head as she left. He turned to Twilight.

“That rainbow friend of yours is crazy. She’ll be lucky if she can last three seconds before being splatted all over the ground,” said Coach.

Twilight sighed, “She can be a little… impulsive but if she’s in danger she should back off.”

“I hope so, even though she’s nuts, I don’t want to see any of you end up as Tank food.”

Twilight looked at Coach oddly, he and his fellow survivors had only been here for a short time and here his is, stating that he doesn’t want to see anypony killed. ‘Maybe it’s because everyone from where he’s from died. Maybe he doesn’t want to see any more bloodshed,’ she thought, ‘anyways, were almost at Canterlot. The princess will no doubt be able be able to handle the Tank.

At least, I hope so…