• Published 7th Nov 2012
  • 12,571 Views, 108 Comments

My Dear Shy - Keeper-of-Harmony



An isolate-loving man uncovers something that'll change his discourteous life for the better.

  • ...
25
 108
 12,571

Aftermath - Log Six Part 2

"You must be lying." I croaked through sobbing.

I wanted that to be true; I wanted to believe I was asleep and this was all a nightmare I'm inadvertently dreaming. No matter how much I denied it, it was very real. Everything was happening here before my own swollen, bluish eyes with tears of mourning pain falling from my face down on the rug beneath me. In my heart I was hurt; hurt like how Kano on a Mortal Kombat arcade stand would always finish me by puncturing his hand into my character's chest and pulling his heart out. That's how I am feeling right now. However, rage slowly enveloped every corner of my mind; like a serious flu that'd hit you when you least expect it.

My face brightly flushed in rage as I angrily point at Celestia repeatedly in spite of her revelation.

"You have to be lying. You're saying that only to cover my mistake!" I snarled through clenching teeth.

"Rick, understand that what I'm telling you is the exact truth. But in all that is honest I never knew that feather was in there." said Celestia in her best attempts of reasoning.

I repeatedly pointed at the celestial mare, "Cut the bull crap!" I stomped. You intentionally did this so I wouldn't forget. Do you take the joy of torturing me like this?!"

"Of course not!" Celestia answered loudly, shaking her head once. "But please calm down. I can tell you are very upset, but nothing good comes out by accusing one of slander. I'm sure we can resolve this in a civilized manner."

Some of her words were blurred by my rising anger. There was nothing Celestia could do to change my mind at this point. Through my burning rage I saw that the royal mare maintained her poker face. I'll admit, she had quite the control of keeping her emotions in place, even at the most critical conditions.

Still, not even the goddess herself will tame this beast that I've unleashed.

My eyes darkened, and I sternly leered at Celestia as my face's cheeks were stained by lamenting tears that hadn't stopped flowing since the revelation.

I bellowed, "Don't play that game with me, Princess! All my life I was rejected, unloved, unwanted. My foster parents kicked me out the moment they had a chance to, and I had to live off what money I had from savings. When nobody, literally nobody, had given me love, Fluttershy was the only soul who gave me such love," I then choked out a coughing sob. "Then you and her showed up," I was referring Twilight as the 'her'. "And it was both of you that took her away from me!"

Celestia frowned upon those words as she resentfully glared back.

"You act like I had a choice. Rick, everything happens for a reason, whether they are good or bad. I bestowed you with my gratefulness, and you stand here accusing me of feeling no emotion for what I've done."

"You've already done enough; what with the blanket and such," I said wailing. "What other purpose do you now have being here? Was it that you want to see me wallowing in agony?"

"No." said Celestia. "My purpose of my presence here is that I have come here with a very important proposal."

A proposal? What could Celestia offer something to make up for what I'd endured?

"I kind of foretold something like this might happen, but never I expected it to occur so early. So I propose a sympathetic offer to help quell your anguish and misery; I have come here to offer a portal to Equestria, where your beloved daughter lives and resides."

I froze and blinked several times. This time I heard her loud and clear without mistaking it.

"You're... offering me a portal to your world?" I said in a low, calm voice.

"Correct," Celestia replied, giving me a relieving smile. "Rick, as a princess it is my sworn duty to right what I have wronged. I couldn't think about sending Fluttershy back to your world, but I resolved by using this method. I would never consider letting a soul who took care of one of my little ponies end up suffering from my cause."

My bitter anger was simmering down, I attentively listened to Celestia, realizing she was serious.

"And so, Rick," she continued. "Today I am here to offer you sanctuary, where you can be reunited with your beloved daughter you've grown to adore and love. It is you to decide what you want best."

I knew there was nothing the celestial mare couldn't do. She lives in a world where magic existed, where anything was possible with a simple flash. I stood before the princess, knowing this was reality before me. And so I am left with two difficult choices. Either I stay here, where I can live the rest of my loveless life inside my empty home, or go with Celestia and be with Fluttershy once again.

What should I choose...?