• Published 7th Nov 2012
  • 12,497 Views, 108 Comments

My Dear Shy - Keeper-of-Harmony



An isolate-loving man uncovers something that'll change his discourteous life for the better.

  • ...
25
 108
 12,497

Aftermath - Log Three

It was 9:00PM; my whole house stands dead silent under the moon's soft glow whilst the winds gently breeze through the misty yonder against my fortress of solitude that I call home. I had been sitting on my living room's sofa for forty-five minutes, moping. It all started not too long ago at 8:15PM today when I just discovered a yellow feather; a yellow feather my heart and mind were too familiar with, even at first I didn't know what it was. When I picked it up, a pang of shock sparked both my mind and heart simultaneously, that's when I started remembering....

Celestia, Princess Celestia.... Why didn't the spell take the blanket back, too? Why did Fluttershy's feather still remained here after the spell took its effect?

I thought back to that moment when I was sulking on my bed -- before I forgot all the memories I spent raising Fluttershy and loving her -- where I remembered holding the cherished fabric. So, what does it mean? Was it that the blanket traveled with me because I held on to it before the spell activated...?

I was so, so foolish. I am the main cause why this is happening. I couldn't just let it all go, could I?

My dear Shy, my once whole world full of happiness and joy, I remember everything now - I remember the happy moments we both shared, and I must regrettably say that I wish I hadn't. This feather I hold now -- this feather of what's left of you here -- this was the very first feather you preened back when I asked you to change the channel. You were so beautiful, now that I think of it, and you listened to me without saying a no nor a complaint because I was.... Because I was... your father.

Having to say that word was painful, knowing that I WAS her father, but now I'm just Rick Gärtners - a shallow twenty-four year old man living inside an empty house with silence as his only friend.

I sat on the couch for forty-five minutes, moping, reminiscing everything of Fluttershy. I held the bottom-end of her feather with a careful thumb and index finger while staring at it. Every single minute were grimacing; tears hadn't stopped falling from my eyes, and I had an open palm over my mouth masking the broken sobs that often escaped from time to time.

My dear Shy, I pray you won't have to see me again as I can imagine the unbearable pain you'll go through if you do. Luckily I won't have to pray for I know you won't. The only way you'll be able to remember me is if you get a glance of me and my face, and I know that'll unlikely happen for sure. Unfortunately, many people in my world acknowledge you but only because of a TV show, but I acknowledge you because I already know you and the others exist. I wish I could talk through the television screen so I could let Princess Celestia take my memories away. However, as a simple human being, I don't have the magic powers to do that. All I can do is silently watch you go spring about on your adventures with your friends. Nothing else.

So now, having to remember everything that's happened, I will have to live carrying this burden; I will have to experience years of torture of remembering you, my dear Shy.

Author's Note:

Pardon the tense shifting if there are any.... I'm still rusty.