• Published 4th Jan 2012
  • 1,145 Views, 14 Comments

Haylo: Project Thunder - Twisted Visions



Brimstone and his team of SPARTAN IV's are a part of an elite Secret sub section. What will

  • ...
5
 14
 1,145

Chapter Five: Taking The Ship

Chapter Five

0600 HOURS, SEPTEMBER 21 2569 (MILITARY CALENDAR) /
SYSTEM: CLASSIFIED, INNER ORBIT
PLANET: CLASSIFIED


Brimstone and Star Shine flew there interceptors alongside the Phantom that Smash, Click, and Amethyst along with the Major and the remaining scientists were in. Bored he opened up a single beam with Star Shine "So you think that we can do this?" He asked. His voice was slightly strained and nervous, and Star Shine knew "Yes Brimstone, we can do this" She said trying to cheer him up. "What's eating at you though? You sound like you have seen a ghost or something" She said concerned tone. Brimstone just shivered "Yea... Not exactly fond of flying if you know what I mean" Brimstone said weakly. "Alright... You have some explaining to do" Star shine said flatly.

"You remember the very first day... when we all had to jump out of the pelicans?" Brimstone asked as they flew "Yea, I jumped first right? But what does this have to do with you flying? Your a Pegasus, flying should be instinctual" She said confused. Brimstone sighed "It is... It's just after you jumped, the other Pegasus, the one you were told failed and wound up in the marine core... Died on the pelican" He said, bringing upon a long silence. "How..." Star Shine asked quietly, breaking the silence, and making Brimstones gut wrench. He hated explaining this story "When it was her turn to jump, she was dragged into the Pelicans outtake and was burned alive... She screamed... But I was the only person to hear it as if it was just a sign that was made for me. I wouldn't have jumped if it wasn't for Click pushing me off the damn edge. It was worse than any scream I have ever heard in my life, and every time I go near a pelican I hear it" He said, his voice becoming emotionless by the end. Star Shine remained speechless.

"Why didn't you tell us Brimstone? Why didn't you tell someone so that could have helped you sooner?" She said, sounding as if she was trying to sound angry, but only coming up with sad. Brimstone sighed "Look, I have learned to deal with it... I just need a distraction and I'm not always lucky enough to have one!" He snapped. "I have gone through all these years as a perfectly able commander, my only problem is I am afraid of heights!" He said, causing Star Shine to snap "What? This s not just a fear of heights Brimstone! This effects you on any real battle field that we will see if we survive this! Pelicans are all over the battle field and if your hearing screams every time your near one then we have a problem Brimstone!" Her voice going from angry to pleading "Please let us help at least!" She said. Brimstone was about to answer when suddenly his radar went off "Look Star Shine, as much as I love this conversation this is going to have to wait, we have a job to do" He said arming his weapons. Star Shine reluctantly dropped the subject and armed hers as well.


Click was busy trying to quell the countless covenant hails that where attacking the ship, till he isolated the super carrier from all the other ships. "Jeez, your telling me that every ship in space hails each other in the covenant fleet? This was ridicules" He grumbled before opening up coms. He purposely turned off his bridge camera as a brute came up on the front view screen. "This is Vaht 'Komtaree of the Glorious Destruction. We have reports of a large explosion in the vehicle depot you originate from. We require an explanation" The Brute growled. Click just turned to the screen and in the Brutes language guttural language responded "We were attacked by several demons, and they blew up a large portion of our depot. We are coming back to give a full briefing" He growled respectfully. The brute looked skeptical but shrugged it off "I shall have a team waiting for you to bring you to the bridge to relay your... events" He said before the screen flickered out. Click and Smash looked at each other and a worried feeling went through the bridge "I think we should warn Brimstone?" Smash asked. Click shrugged and looked at the COMs "He already knows" He said simply.

Brimstone felt a little sick. They were going to have a team of brutes waiting for them, but now they have complete entrance to the ship. This may work out a little better than he had hoped for with them knowing the weapon systems. "Alright team, when we get in, clear out the hangar with your ships main cannons and fall into position” He said as he saw the ships approaching the hangar door.

The team that the Chief had ready for them wasn’t much, it was all the personnel that were in the hangar as well. He took a deep breath “Alright, clear the hangar in three... Two... One...” He said as waves of plasma swept across the hangar, dropping the team that was sent to meet them along with a majority of the crew on the hangar. Brimstone and Star Shine jumped out of there banshees, bringing up there weapons and cutting down the stragglers and clearing the immediate area of the hangar, allowing the rest of the team to get off the drop ship, followed by the Major and the scientists.

“Alright! Me and my team are going to take over the bridge with the major. The rest of you stay here. You all have fire arm training so make sure you aim for the head. Short controlled bursts, you should have plenty of ammo, and then you should have all had covenant weapon training so I have no fear of you being over run with us running through the ship” He said before signalling to his team to move.

Brimstone and his team ran down the hall and were quickly resisted by a few squads of covenant, causing a fire fight between the two groups to start. Brimstone and Amethyst were on one side of the hall and Smash, Click, Star Shine and the Major were in joining hallway on the other side. “We need some covering fire!” Brimstone snapped waiting for his team to jump into action.

They never did... Star Shine seemed to be giving orders that the major was obviously not happy about it. Brimstone again signalled for covering fire, noticing that only Click and Amethysts LEDs flashed green, Smash and Star Shines remained dull. Brimstone cursed there lack of discipline, especially now that he was in fact an officer now. “Star Shine! Smash! As your commanding officer I ORDER you to give us covering fire!” Brimstone shouted over the COM. That seemed to get there attention as they both jumped and started firing at the covenant. He hated using rank on them, always had but sometimes there was just a need for it. Finally there was a lull in the fire and Brimstone, followed by Amethyst ran across the hall.

Just as Brimstone made it over, Smash found a hoof to the face in no time with a seething Brimstone at the end of it. "If you ever disobey me I swear I will hand you to the covenant myself and see how you like it! You have two allies pinned down in minimal cover calling for support that you can give and you ignored me! The same goes for you Star! You ever do that again I will call you for treason and disobeying a direct order from an officer" He growled at them both. Without another word Brimstone was returning fire on the last remaining covenant and had dispatched them quickly enough. Smash was still recovering from the blow to the face and Star Shine just cowered slightly. Amethyst moved to help Brimstone as he started to move forward to check everything out ahead, with Click and the Major following leaving Smash alone with Star Shine

"Great! I get hit because you ordered me not to follow that order!" Smash said in annoyance "What was that for anyway? You have never gone against his orders before" He said simply. Star just looked away "I don;t know actually... I just saw him with Amethyst and got angry. I don't even know why it happened" She said as Smash started laughing "You like him! No wonder you always had that 'I want too but will get in to trouble' look when ever he joked about having sex with you!" Smash said clutching his sides. Amethyst blushed so hard you could almost see it through her visor "D-do not! That per-preposterous! Wh-What would give you th-that idea?" She said looking away and shaking slightly. Smash just laughed even harder "Oh my Godesses! This is rich! You almost killed the stallion you like because you were jealous that he was on the opposite side of you with Amethyst" He cackled. He took a moment to regain composure and looked at her "Look, what your doing isn't going to get him to like you, it's gonna get you kicked off the team. A good way to get him to like you is be loyal. Do that and he will be all over you" He said. Star Shine thought about it but was uninterrupted by Brimstone calling them forward.

Brimstone didn't like what he was seeing. Looking down the main hall he saw a large set of doors with two squads of brutes standing outside in rather heavy armor. He turned around and just glared at his team. "Alright, so this time we are going to follow orders. Click, I need your magic here so see if you can float some large explosives over there, maybe a lotus or something bigger if you have it. I swear if you even mention using that nuke I will slap you, I'm in no mood for screwing around" He growled looking at Star Shine "You! I want you on the other side of the hall way once the exposion goes off and laying down covering fire with your DMR, save your sniper in case there are some larger enemies. Get it set up however" He said looking at Smash "Your moving up with me and Amethyst so that we can keep pressure on the brutes and take them out. I expect them to try locking us out, so thats where you come in Celestia. I need you to keep that door from closing and locking, understood?" He asked her. "Yes Liutenant Brimstone, I shall lock them out of the door controls immediatly. If you so wish I could even purge the air out of the control room. Your suits have a oxygen supply, andnyour fitted to allow one person share your oxygen reserve for up to twenty minutes. That is plenty of time to let the brutes suffocate and replace the air in this sector" She said in a 'you should ask me for help more' kind of way.

Brimstone just slumped slightly "Your telling me... We didn't have to fight anyone?" He said. Celestias voice could be heard laughing over the COM "You never asked Lieutnant" She said, the smile obvious in her voice. Brimstone growled "Tell me again why I haven't deactivated you yet?" He asked. "Because when I do actually help you it makes your life easier" She said matter of factly. Brimstone shook his head "fine, Major, use my suits enviroment" He said. The major walked over and grabbed the breathing mask and put it on "Don't worry son, Celestia has that kind of personality. You get used to it after a while and she is enjoyable to be around when you do" He said giving Brimstone a nod. A few long seconds later they heard a rush of air leaving and were left standing in the odd feeling of vaccuum.

The Loyalists at the end of the hallway clawed at there throats before they fell to the ground twitching. Smash walked over to the and planted a bullet in each of there heads before looking back at the others and shrugging "All Clear guys!" he called out.

Brimstone and the team just walked over to the door and allowed Celestia to hack the lock, causing it to silently open up. Brimstone looked around the bridge, being only slightly startled by the two hunter corpses that freeze dried in the vacuum.

The rest of the team however took the liberty to start loading the life pod that was adjacent to the bridge with the corpses of the former crew. This took them a little while to accomplish before they all went to the control panel they were best at operating.

Brimstone waved to Major Young to sit in the captains chair, before taking the post of the First Mate. "Sir, I insist that you take the Captains Chair." He said formally, so as to keep the rank system in order.

However Major Young just shook his head. "At Ease Lieutenant, for this is not my operation. You are in command on this ship. I will not hamper you and your teams progress" He said taking a step back.

Brismtone just sighed. "Is that is what you wish sir," He said sitting down and looking at the rest of the team. "Alright Celestia, I need this sectors atmosphere replaced so that the team in the hangar can make it up here" He said, hitting a few commands on the control panel in front of him. The hiss of air returning could be heard throughout the room and within moments there suits self atmosphere system laxed, allowing them to breath less recycled air.

"Alright team! I need this ship underway. Wipe the Navigation system and spike all auto piloting systems, then run a sweep to find any hidden memory and destroy all location logs. We need to get this to the nearest human controlled sector quickly in order to get word out of the covenant attacking us" He said as the bridge door opened, allowing the scientists along with the small guard to enter the bridge. A quick hoof signal told them to find a place and sit down patiently for the ride ahead of them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few hours after they started travelling Celestia appeared on one of the holo pads beside Brimstone with a worried look. "Lieutenant, it seems there are several positive IFF tags on the ship, heading for the Bridge. I can't seem to get any feed on them but I don't like it. They are heavily encrypted and they are all pinging a similar name. I didn't notice it at first while I was sweeping out the other sectors so as to wipe out the last of the covenant but they are approching the bridge rather quickly, about fifteen to be exact" She said looking frustrated.

Brimstone just nodded at her and stood up and looked at his team. "Alright I need the doors locked down from the outside. I don't want to be trapped in here if the cause arises" He said, hearing the mechanical lock inside the door move into the closed position.

The soldiers however were starting to get a little twitchy, whispering to each other quietly. A rather large explosion got them all riled up, and they turned to the spartans with angry looks.

"Who;s fucking brilliant idea was this! Instead of staying down planet side you fucking idiots brought us up here into a floating coffin filled with covenant! Like fuck, where did humanity go when they ordered us to start fucking listening to a bunch of brightly colored talking horses!" He yelled causing another soldier to nod in agreement.

"Yeah! Like who the fuck decided that we should start taking advice from fucking animals! We should be the ones in control here!" He snapped, causing the major to stand up with an angered expression.

"Listen here! Your all under my command and I order you to stand down!" The Major barked. The soldiers just looked at him with disgust.

"Oh well would you look at that! The fucking pony loving Major here to tell us to sit tight huh? Listen to a bunch of talking animals who got us into this mess! Well you listen here sir, cause I am not taking a damn order from any of you!" He snapped cocking his weapon.

In moments every Spartan on the Bridge had there weapons pointed at the soldier. "Put the weapon down" Amethyst said quietly, getting a glare from the soldier. He slowly dropped the weapon and put his hands up and chest level. "Fine, you win" He growled, his eyes never leaving Amethyst.

Suddenly Celestia popped back onto the Holo pad with a worried expression. "I am sorry Lieutenant I really am! I tried but they go the door un..." She cried before she was interrupted by the door sliding open, revealing several very angry looking Captain Ultra Brutes.

In a moment the Spartans had the weapons leveled at the brutes, and they stood there for a few moments in a stare down before the previous soldier broke the silence.

"Hey! Were on your side!" He called to the brutes before he drew his pistol and shot the Major in the head.

The Spartans all froze at the sight of the Majors body collapsing on the ground, time seemingly slowing down for them as the brutes cried out. Brimstones vision flashed red as he heard Smash scream at the top of his lungs before everything went black.









Authors Note!

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!! This Chapter has been so long over due I wouldn't be surprised if the people who are watching it took it off there watch list!

I do apologize for the sudden change of writing styles through the chapter, as I have been doing a lot of personal writing for the last little while and I have started to catch on with some of the problems I used to have. Do not take this as me saying all my problems are gone now because I can assure you they are not, and my newer writing style may be even worse then before, I just find it a little easier to read.

I'm REALLY sorry that it took me so long to get this update out, I just couldn't find the inspiration to actually get this chapter out and ready, nor the motivation to keep writing it but hopefully I will get back into the groove and that this story is at LEAST good enough to keep you willing to read.

I would like to thank all my readers to continuing to read this story, and I would like to thank ANYONE who is just starting out for giving me a shot, this is by far the LARGEST project I have ever done writing wise on my own and I hope that does not show too much >.>