• Published 4th Jan 2012
  • 1,144 Views, 14 Comments

Haylo: Project Thunder - Twisted Visions



Brimstone and his team of SPARTAN IV's are a part of an elite Secret sub section. What will

  • ...
5
 14
 1,144

Prologue

Prologue

A Day to Remember
1735 HOURS, NOVEMBER 7, 2565 (MILITARY CALENDER) \
ABOARD UNSC SPIRIT OF FIRE PHYONIX CLASS COLONY SHIP,
LEAVING PLANET EQUINS ORBIT

Brimstone was herded into a room by the humans along with all the other fillies and colts that we’re on the ship. Brimstone was a smaller colt that was back with a red mane and tail with a black streak in it. He was also a Pegasus who was just a little different from all the other ponies in the room. Brimstone’s father was a member of Princess Luna’s personal guard, and was born with the same bat like wings that they all owned, making Brimstone a little less popular with the other foals.

However this did not bother him at the moment. His parents were dead because of those big monsters down there, causing hatred and pain to burn in his eyes like nothing else. He glared at any colt or filly that looked at him, causing them to shy away and avoid looking at him. He didn’t care what the others thought; he wanted revenge and nothing more. This is why he was surprised when he chosen to stay, and what surprised him more was what the lady up front said.

"Good day, children. My name is Doctor Halsey." She began. "Out of all the other children, you, my friends, are the most capable. I now must give you all a choice. Will you help me in saving both your race and my race from certain destruction? If some of you are not ready to accept this responsibility, you may leave now. If you want to help me, there is no going back. Make your decision." The lady said to them all. As he watched some of the ponies leave he walked right up to the front.

Dr. Halsey watched as the some of the ponies left, but noticed a small few step forward, as if daring her to try and make them leave. As she went about splitting the ponies up into small groups, she grouped these ponies together specifically, for she knew that these few would be dangerous. Suddenly a buzz swept over the children as they were put into groups.

"Silence!" Halsey ordered. A hush fell over the ponies. "Thank you. The Master Chief is in fact a Spartan-II."

“How would you ponies like to be like him?" Twilight asked. There was a general sense of approval throughout the young ponies.

"Good, because that is what you are signing up for; you are all as of now Spartan-IV's. I'll see you when we begin training." Doctor Halsey said, walking out. The team of O.N.I. operatives and Twilight quickly followed. They had to explain to some ponies that their little filly or foal was going away, for a long, long time.

Brimstone watched as the lady left with all the other important looking humans and pony left the room. Turning to look at the other foals he was paired with. He noticed that they all had the same look as he did. “So they killed your parents too, huh.” Brimstone said indifferently. Most of them looked away but a larger colt stepped up to him with an even angrier look.

“HEY! Why don’t you shut your bucking mouth you freak! My parent at least JOINED the militia! I didn’t see no lanky ass Pegasus whore’s or Manticores out there fighting!” He said, practically spitting out the word Manticore.

Brimstone’s blood flash boiled as this colt slandered his parents so easily “WHAT DID YOU JUST CALL MY MOTHER!” Brimstone screamed, bucking the kid in the face as hard as he could, sending him tumbling to the ground “My mother died while taking me to the refugee camp after the big sky chariot blew up Canterlot, where my father was working! My father was a Royal Guard for Princess Luna! What was yours? A beggar?” He said, seething in anger. At his words the colt quickly got up and tackled Brimstone, causing them to roll around on the ground, bucking and biting at each other.

As the two fought Brimstone heard a large booming voice yell at them to stop but he ignored it. All he wanted to do was beat this foal to a pulp for insulting his family. Suddenly he was pulled away from the kid, and let of a wild buck, which connected with the soldier who picked him up, causing him to drop Brimstone and clutch at his now swollen eye. The other colt quickly began to charge Brimstone again before the scary voice shouted again.

“I said STAND DOWN!” Screamed the man, causing the colt to fall back on his flank was if he was struck. The injured guard got up and looked at the man “Sir! These two were about to kill each other!” He said still holding his eye. The man just smiled “Perfect! Fight like that after what these two kids have gone through today is a good sign for members of my team” He said, his smile looking more like an amused snarl “Leave them with me and I’ll take care of them. Mean while get the rest of these kids to Cryo, we have a long journey ahead of us” He said turning around, taking Brimstone and the other foals he was paired with to an office while the rest of the kids went to Cryo. “Welcome to the SPARTAN IV THUNDER Program and good luck, your going to need it” The man laughed as he ushered them into the office for there introduction.














(Ignore this please, just to get my character cap up and allow me to post this story properly! Stupid rules saying you need to have one thousand words to submit a story! I am fifty words off and I am pretty ticked off that I have to add this worthless thing in -.-)