• Published 27th Oct 2012
  • 766 Views, 23 Comments

Twilight Receives a Kindle - cyber_pony13



Twilight receives a kindle in the mail. How does she work the thing though?

  • ...
6
 23
 766

Chapter 1: Special Delivery

I do not own or claim copyright to Amazon and it's Kindle. The Kindle is copyrighted by Amazon. I am not endorsing or advertising Amazon or The Kindle in any way. It is comletely fictious of what happens in this story (obviously). Sorry about that readers but just had to do that in case Amazon's ninja police come after me. Other than that enjoy


"Easy now Twilight, just a little more." Twilight said to herself as she worked on her telescope.

A beautiful mid-morning in Ponyville and Twilight finds herself fixing her telescope. A couple of days ago, she wanted to observe a star cluster, however the telescope wasn't strong enough. To rectify the issue, Twilight researched how to improve her telescope. Unfortunately, she damaged one of the lenses within the telescope and had to get it replaced. Finally, after hours of work, she was adding the last modification to her telescope.

Even though Twilight was nearly done, this required her full attention. The margin for error was small and one mistake could set her work back. The recovery from a mistake would be a heavy burden on the unicorn's mind. She dreaded the thought of her having to restart her work, but shook off the thought knowing the slightest bit of doubt would...

"*Crash* Special Delivery!"

Twilight jumped from the break of silence. A few seconds later, Twilight cringed at the sound of something breaking. She slowly opened her eyes to see the worst possible thing. The telescope had a burnt hole sizzling with magic in it. She stood there speechless seeing that she broke her telescope...again. After realizing what she did, Twilight quickly stormed out of her room to investigate the source of her dismay.

"Spike, I thought I told you I didn't need anything disturbing me while I work." Twilight confronted her assistant.

"I'm sorry Twilight. I made sure nothing would but then she just came crashing in." Spike apologized.

"She...she who?"

Spike then led Twilight downstairs to where she could see the cause of it all. The wall next to the front door had a mare's head through it. The gray, blonde haired, cross-eyed mare struggled to get her head free but found her attempts futile. Twilight walked over to the mare and used her magic to teleport her free from the wall and in to the library. Now that she was free, they could see it was a pegasus with bubbles as a cutie mark.

"Phew, thanks. I thought I might've been stuck there for good." The cross-eyed mare replied.

"Derpy, what are you doing here right now?" Twilight asked.

"I'm here to deliver a package to...um..." Derpy began. She rummaged through her saddlebag for the package she was going to deliver in order to read off the receiver’s name. "Ah here it is, ‘To Twilight Sparkle'."

"That's me but what I meant was why were you stuck in my wall?"

"Oh well I was on my way to give this to you but then something caught my eye on the way here. I don't remember what it was but then I got lost in my thoughts and crashed into your wall. Once I saw I was at the library, I shouted 'Special Delivery' hoping somepony would come." Derpy explained.

Twilight shook her head at typical Derpy. It struck her how such a pegasus got to be the mail pony. Then again, there were still things in Ponyville that she didn't understand. Funny those were things, along with her friends, that make her life in Ponyville perfect.

Twilight ceased her daydreaming and took the small package from Derpy. After examining it, she found a return address that she wasn't familiar with as well as the sender's identification. Twilight was worried of why she would get mail from somepony that she didn't know, let alone where they came from.

"Derpy I don't think I can..." Twilight started but stopped to see she was talking to no one." Spike where did Derpy go?"

"She left saying she had a lot more deliveries to run."

Twilight groaned at her misfortune. She put the package down and went to fix the wall with her magic. After fixing the wall, she got a scroll and started writing down the parts she needed to fix her telescope. A few minutes later she was throwing on her saddlebags, getting ready to leave

"Spike watch the library while I'm gone. I have to go to Canterlot for the parts I need and I’ll be back pretty late tonight." Twilight addressed to him.

"Wait can't you use your magic to fix your telescope like you did with the wall?" Spike asked.

"I wish I could but some of the parts require precision when fixing it. Plus I accidently broke some parts that I can't recover with magic." Twilight explained as she made her way to the door. “Take care Spike and don't open the package."

Spike waved goodbye to Twilight and watched her go. Once she was far enough, he went over to the package to see it for himself. He was surprised to see how small and light it was. His curiosity began to get to him and he motioned to open it. He retracted his claw knowing the consequences of betraying Twilight. His mind flashed back to when he accidently burned one of her books and didn't tell her. She forgave him then but now he feared that she wouldn't if he invaded her privacy. So Spike left the package and pre-occupied himself. Throughout the day as he kept himself busy, the package was in the back of his mind, eating away at his subconscious.

It would seem that other ponies were eager to observe the star cluster as well. The lines were long and the parts were scarce. Luckily, Twilight was able to get them in time before the store was sold out. She returned that night exhausted from her trip to Canterlot. As she walked in the door, Spike was eyeing the package.

"Spike, have you been watching that thing all day?" Twilight asked.

"Oh Twilight *yawn* you're back." The sleepy dragon replied.

"I am, so what have you been up to all day besides staring at the package?" Twilight asked as she set her saddlebags down.

"Oh you know chores, organizing the library and what not."

"Well it's late; we should be going to bed soon." Twilight yawned.

"What about the package?"

"I'll worry about it tomorrow, besides I'm pretty tired so let's go to sleep."

Spike sighed at not knowing what was in the package but was also too tired to argue. After they both had a quick snack, they got ready to go to sleep. As Twilight passed by the package, she wondered what was in it as well. It didn't matter right now. All she wanted was some sleep and get her telescope fixed. Little did she know that her subconscious would be giving her trouble throughout the night. Within her dreams, the same question kept popping up, 'What was inside the package?'