• Published 12th Jan 2012
  • 2,268 Views, 30 Comments

Lost in Equestria - Frizzy

  • ...
5
 30
 2,268

Chapter 2

As the two of us headed into town, I began to inspect my surroundings. The town looked completely different from any other town I had ever been to. It looked more like something from a children's book, than a human town. We walked past a few ponies, all of which gave me weird looks. I knew I couldn't be mad about it. I would probably have done the same if one of them walked into my town.

Twilight, however, did not look happy about it. "I wish they would stop staring at you like you're some kind of monster!" she shouted, angrily. A few passing ponies looked at her, then down at their hooves in shame. "Twilight, I really can't blame them. From what you have told me, humans don't exist in this world, just as unicorns and pegasi don't exist in mine." We continued on towards our destination, wherever it was. By now more ponies were looking at me. I was begining to feel uncomfortable.

Approaching a large building, she opened the door and gestured for me to enter. Maybe we could get a few less weird looks in here. The room we had entered was filled with mannequins, some naked, some wearing half finished garments. In the center of the room, a rainbow maned, cyan Pegasus was being forced to be used as some kind of dress form. She didn't seem pleased about it.

"C'mon, Rarity! Is it almost done yet? I want to get some more flying in before my nap." she whined. "Hush now, Rainbow Dash. Don't you want this dress to be finished before your date tonight?" replied a white unicorn with a purple mane, who I assumed was Rarity. Rainbow Dash let out a frustrated sigh of defeat. Looking up she finally noticed us. "Oh hey, Twi. Who's your- OH MY GOSH WHAT THE BUCK IS THAT!?" she screamed. "Rainbow, please don't yell" Rarity said turning around. Upon noticing me, her jaw dropped in terror. "Twilight! What on earth is that, and is it safe?!"

Twilight approached her friends. "Girls, there's nothing to be afraid of. This is Curtis. He's from another world, and I sorta accidentally pulled him out of his home during one of my experiments. He's perfectly safe. In fact, he's staying with me until I figure out how to send him back. Which is why we're here. We were wondering if you could make him some extra clothes while he's here." Calming down a bit, Rarity regained her senses. "Well of course! I'll just need to measure him, and spend a few hours sewing it together." she said smiling. I think I gained her trust. "Rainbow, you can take the dress off now. It's finished anyway."

Rainbow Dash eagerly removed the dress. "I don't know why you insisted on making me a new dress." she said grumpily. "I just want you to look nice on your date tonight." Rarity replied in a dignified voice. "Date?" Twilight asked. "With whom?" Rarity's eyes sparkled. "Why, with our dear friend Applejack!" Twilight looked stunned. "For the last time, it isn't a date! We're just hanging out!" Rainbow said angrily.

"Really? You have just asked me for the past three weeks about romance, and what to do on a first date, and then you come barging in here (a little too excitedly) saying that you're "hanging out" with Applejack tonight. Besides, even if you've never told us, we already guessed your preferences." Rainbow looked down at her hooves, knowing that she had no way out of this. "I kinda would have preferred if you hadn't just said all that in front of the new guy." she said pointing at me. "I'm not sure how his people view that sort of thing." "Well," I started. "most civilized people accept it. Unfortunately there are still far too many hateful assholes who don't accept people who are different. I do not think in such a narrow-minded, bigoted way. Everyone is entitled to love whomever they wish." I said matter of factly. Everyone in the room looked pleased with my response.

"Now then," Rarity said. "I will need a few hours to get your order ready, Mr. Curtis. Twilight, why don't you show him around, introduce him to everypony." Twilight looked thoughtful. "Well, the whole town must have seen him on the way here, so the initial shock should have worn down. I guess that should be a good idea. See ya later! Good luck on your date tonight, Dash!" "It's not a date!" Rainbow grumbled.

As we exited the building we got a few stares, but there weren't as many, or as terrified. They must've deemed me "safe". "I think now would be a good time to grab some lunch." Twilight said. "I think one of my friends works at the perfect place. She might be working, so you would get a chance to meet her." We headed in the direction of a building shaped like a giant gingerbread house. Oh, God baked goods sounded so good right now. We entered the gingerbread house, and my senses were assaulted by all the sugar. I saw cupcakes, and muffins, and cookies, and cakes, and pies! Damn, I didn't know what looked better. A bright pink pony was working behind the counter, arranging the food displayed. "Hey, Twilight!" she said. "Who's your friend? *gasp* I should throw him a party! I'll go get started as soon as I finish my shift!" "Pinkie, this is Curtis. He was accidentally ripped from his world during an experiment. He's staying with me for a while. Anyways, I don't think a party would he good for him right now, considering he's on crutches for a few days." Pinkie's mane deflated like a balloon. "Aw, that's too bad. So, what can I help you two with? Right now me and Appejack are baking some pies if you want to stick around for some of that." "That sounds great actually! Is that okay with you, Curtis?" Twilight asked me. "Heck yea it is!" I said. I pulled out my wallet, then examined my money. The Washingtons and Lincolns on the green bills looked right back at me. "These aren't gonna work here, are they?" I asked showing Pinkie the cash. All she did was frown and shake her head.

"Don't worry, Curtis. I got this." Twilight said, placing a few gold coins on the counter. At that moment, an orange pony wearing a large hat entered to room, caring a tray of steaming pies. Placing them on the counter, she turned to Twilight. "Hey, Twi. Heard y'all from the kitchen. I take it that this must be Curtis." she said looking at me. I nodded my head. "Pleasure to meet ya. I'm Applejack. I run the apple farm on the edge of town if y'all need me for anything."

Pinkie began slicing the pie, and handed (hoofed?) me a slice of it. "Eat up while it's hot!" Sitting down, I dug into my slice. Oh. My. Freaking. God! That was the best damn pie I had ever eaten. I must've scarfed the whole damn thing down in under a minute. "That was the best pie I've ever eaten. Thank you." Pinkie and Applejack smiled at my compliment.

"So, Applejack," Twilight said. "I heard you got a date with Rainbow Dash tonight. I hope it goes well." Applejack merely looked at the ground. "I'm so nervous. I don't want to ruin this, and potentially ruin our friendship." "Ah, Applejack, don't be such a silly filly. Everything will go alright!" Pinkie chimed in. "Rainbow Dash didn't get the Element of Loyalty for nothing, y'know!" Applejack looked up from the floor. "Guess you're right, Pinkie. I got nothin' to worry 'bout. Now, I gotta go get ready. See y'all later. See ya, Curtis!" she said, leaving.

"Well, Pinkie, thanks for the pie. Me and Curtis should probably start heading home. See you tomorrow!" Twilight said getting up from the table. Saying my thanks to Pinkie, I followed Twilight out the doors, towards a large tree with a door in it. "This is the Ponyville library where I live." Twilight explained as we approached the front door. Using her magic to open the door, we stepped inside the library/tree. So many books! I had never seen so many books. Row upon row of books. I was awestruck. A small dragon entered the room. "So you're back." he said. "Is this the guy you dragged out of his world?"

"Yes, Spike. This is Curtis. I don't know how long he will be staying with us, so just make sure keep the library clean. Curtis, this is my assistant, Spike." I reached out my hand to shake his, which he accepted. "Now, I really must get back to studying." Twilight said. "Feel free to look around. Your room is the second door on the right upstairs. Make yourself at home." Walking up the stairs, I entered the room that I was staying in. There was a bed, an end table, a clock, and a small bookshelf. And of course, my guitar sat in a corner of the room. I slumped down on the bed, feeling exhausted. I quickly fell asleep. This was going to be the life I was going to live for a while.