• Published 12th Jan 2012
  • 2,268 Views, 30 Comments

Lost in Equestria - Frizzy

  • ...
5
 30
 2,268

Chapter 4

"I-I-I've been summoned?" I said. Twilight said that she would get the princess's help with getting me home, but I didn't think she meant this soon. Hell, I figured she had other priorities. I lowered the scroll. Twilight was looking at me with concern. I was incredibly nervous about meeting the princess. The person with the most power I had ever met was the principle of my school. Now I was going to meet a freakin' monarch!

"The princess really isn't as scary as she sounds." Twilight assured me. Yeah, she said that she was taught by ther princess. Meeting with her on occasion probably was nothing to her. But to me, this was a very important moment. I was going to be a guest to royalty.

"Twilight, are you coming with me?" I asked. She looked down at her hooves. "No." She deadpanned. "I also received a letter from her. She said she would like a private meeting with you. She requested that I stay in Ponyville." Well, shit. I had to face this alone. There was no way I could make a good impression on the princess. I was screwed.

I gulped. What could she want to discuss with me alone? I was hoping she didn't want to talk about how politics worked in America. I had a very vague understanding of how my government worked. I also don't think I could say very good things about the president. Did she want to discuss my world? I would have to tell her about all the problems going on in the world recently. Would she think it safe to send me back to that?

"I should probably go pack, then." I said. I slowly climbed the stairs, and started folding clothes. I would have to put them in my guitar case. I had nowhere else to put them. I was soon finished, and sat on the bed thinking. I know that I haven't been here that long, and that I don't belong here, but a part of me wants to stay awhile. Would that be okay? Would the princess approve? I sat there for hours thinking.

...

Twilight had all of her friends over for dinner that night. She told them that I had been summoned by the princess. Pinkie's mane deflated. "I didn't even get to throw you a party." She said, frowning. "It's alright, Pinkie. I'm not sure how many of the ponies would even be willing to come to a party for a human. Besides, I'm socially awkward." I said, leaning in to give her a hug, which she accepted. "Curtis, during our brief meeting yesterday, I have to say that you are the coolest human I have ever met. Even if you are the only one." Rainbow Dash said, smiling. It meant alot to me, being called cool. I sorta get made fun of at school, so being called cool was the nicest thing anyone had ever told me.

Everypony went around the room, telling me how honored they are to have met me. Rarity even made me something nice to wear when I met the princess ("It's always a good idea to dress nicely when meeting somepony important.")They all seemed to think that this was good bye. For some reason, deep down, I knew I would be returning to Ponyville. It just didn't seem right that I wouldn't get to stay awhile. I came to the conclusion that Princess Celestia just wanted to meet me. I doubted that she had come up with a solution already. But, I told everypony just how nice it was to have come here, even for a short while, just in case it was good bye.

After dinner, I helped clean the kitchen, then went to bed. I was exhausted from running errands and being laid down with a royal summons. My body ached. I felt like I had been hit by a tank. I laid down on the bed, and quickly fell asleep.

...

The next morning, I woke up and showered, and pit on the new clothes Rarity had given me last night. I made sure that my slightly longer than average hair was neatly combed. First impressions are everything. Walking out of the bathroom, I was greeted by the smell of breakfast. "Good morning!" Twilight called to me as I descended the stairs. "You sure do look nice in your new clothes." Twilight said. Giving her a nod of thanks, and sat down at the table and began eating some toast.

After breakfast I looked at the clock. 9:56. Four minutes until the carriage was supposed to arrive. I ran upstairs, grabbed my luggage, and waited by the door. At that moment 3 sharp knocks sounded from the door. When I opened it, a very official looking Pegasus wearing bronze armor greeted me. "Hello, I trust that you are the human that the princess has requested an audience with, yes?" Nodding vigorously, I headed our the door to a magnificent carriage. Stowing my things in the back, I turned to look at the library. Twilight rushed out, and embraced me in a tight hug. "I'll miss you." She said. "I'll miss you too." I responded. Letting go, I climbed into the carriage. Taking one last look at Twilight, the carriage took off. She had tears in her eyes. I did as well. We quickly gained altitude. I was heading to meet the princess.

*AUTHOR'S NOTES*
You think this is the end? It isn't. The insanity is only just begining. I am so excited for the next chapter, I'll probably do it as soon as I get home from school tomorrow. I hope we get a huge snowstorm tonight so I don't have to go to school tomorrow, and I can just stay home and write. SEE YA SOON! PEACE!