• Published 27th Oct 2012
  • 1,410 Views, 43 Comments

Four Score - LittleBoyBlue



The Race to Mayorship...

  • ...
2
 43
 1,410

A Lawyer's Morning

I have never run for mayor before.
I know where to start, but what about the end?
Even if I do get elected as mayor, I am unsure of the future.
......
But I promise that I will grab the ceremonial torch with the same poise and dignity the Mayor always had.
I am not afraid to lead. Nor am I afraid to voice my opinions.
....
It will be a tough race. However, I truly hope that the next pony who leads knows how to carry the responsibility.

-Abraham
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was morning in Sweet Apple Acres. The Apple Family and their guest were already fully awake, preparing for the job.
"How do I look Miss Applejack?" Lincoln said, as he buttoned his vest.

"Eh. You look quite han'some." Applejack came to him.
"Here. Let me help ya with yer bow tie."

Lincoln turned, letting her work on his tie.
"Thank you Miss."

"No problem partner."

Soon, with a tug from her teeth, the tie was done neatly. Lincoln turned back to the mirror, looking at himself. He put his suit on and went for his top hat. He saw it on the nearby desk and reached for it. However, Applejack grabbed it first.

"Why do you wear such a big hat? Darn thing looks like it could swallow yer head whole!"

Applejack temporarily removed her Stetson and placed the top hat on her head. The hat sunk and covered her eyes. She gave a chuckle, as Lincoln removed the hat from her head.

"Well, maybe I'm just big-headed." Lincoln smiled, as he placed the hat snugly on his head.
"Besides, it gives me height."

"That I can surely see Mr. Lincoln." She agreed. He then left the guest room, and headed towards the front door.
"Good luck Mister Lincoln!" Applebloom squeaked.

"Thank you Applebloom."
After they said their "goodbyes" and "good lucks", the Apple Family started their day, as he left towards Canterlot.
~~~~~~~~~~

"So that's why I REALLY need your services Mister Lincoln! You don't know how this will affect my home! My life!"

"Don't worry Mister Pierce. IF they decide to prosecute, I'll make sure to be there for you. I'm sure you meant no harm."

Pokey was now relieved, as he walked near Lincoln.

"Whew! Thank you Mister Lincoln! I honestly had no idea those balloons were for Fancy Pants! Thank you so much!"

"You're welcome. We'll meet on Tuesday. All right?"

"Yes sir! Tuesday! Got it!"

Pokey then walked away in a display of glee. Abraham smiled. He then continued walking until he reached Canterlot.
The Royal Castle was in sight. After a long exhale, he made his way to the castle. The scenery was quite remarkable and high class. The spires stuck straight into the sky. Lincoln stopped at the gate.
"Name and Business." A Royal Guard grabbed his attention. Lincoln cleared his throat and responded.
"Lincoln. Abraham Lincoln. I'm running for mayor."

"Occupation."

"Lawyer."

"Birthplace"

"Appleloosa"

The guard checked his list.
"All right, proceed."
The gate opened, letting the Earth pony pass. Lincoln sighed.
"Here I go." He then took his first steps into the castle.
~~~~~~~~~