• Published 24th Oct 2012
  • 7,789 Views, 178 Comments

My Little NinjaGo - yolky206



The Ninja from Lego NinjaGo get teleported to Equestria.

  • ...
8
 178
 7,789

The Search Begins

"No. No. No. No. Definitely no. No. No. N- Why is this even here? But still, no."

Twilight was currently going through all of her books of spells and reading them off. Most of the searching spells required a piece of DNA from the target, so that rendered most spells useless. The only ones she could imagine using were extremely complicated (even for Celestia) and others were nearly impossible. The strangest spell she found in her recently read book of searching spells was actually a creation spell in disguise. It was supposed to actually re-create the target in front of you, which wasn't worth much. All the clone would've done is just stand around like a doll, unable to move, talk, or even breathe.

"Twilight?" Celestia asked. "Do you need any help?"

"I'm fine." Twilight told Celestia. "I just don't understand why there is so much of one type of spell. Not everypony has a DNA sample of the target, and I'm just getting frustrated."

"Maybe you should start looking outside the box." Celestia said. "Perhaps you can put an ordinary spell into good use here."

"An ordinary spell?"

"Yes. I'm a bit busy researching myself, but perhaps you could figure out how to use an everyday spell to benefit you in this situation."

Twilight watched Celestia walk back over to where she was working and began thinking. 'Just an ordinary spell, I wonder what could be used here.' She levitated her books into a neat pile before walking over to a bookshelf to search through her spell books again. 'I'm going to have to look through all of my spells books in order to figure this out. Then I can get the others to help with performing the spell. We'll hopefully find Sensei and Garmadon after that.'

-------------

"C'mon! Keep flying! We have to keep looking!"

"You think that's easy? I JUST learned how to fly! I'm thinking about all the bad things that can happen! Like thunderstorms, flying anvils, cloud walls, blizzards, powerful winds, and other Pegasi!"

"Jay, I believe you're over reacting. The skies are clear and you will be able to see anything coming your way. Just follow Rainbow's instructions and you will be fine."

"But what if-"

"You will be fine."

"What about when I get tired?"

"Then rest before searching again."

"Where-"

"No."

"How-"

"No."

"What-"

"No Jay."

"Fine."

At the moment, Rainbow, Fluttershy, Jay, and Zane were flying right above Ponyville and searching the skies. Jay was extremely worried about everything while Zane was trying to calm him down. Rainbow was trying to get them to move faster though, and Fluttershy was just quietly keeping up.

"Are you two finally done?" Rainbow asked Zane and Jay. "We just need to check over the Everfree Forest before flying everywhere again to double-check. But if we don't fly fast enough we'll never find them! So let's GO!"

Rainbow quickly motioned for them to fly before turning toward the direction of the Everfree Forest. She could see just a tiny bit more of the inner part of the forest due to the fire and some of the trees were on the ground with scorch marks on them. 'Some of those scorch marks seem more recent.' She thought. 'That's really weird. Maybe we should check those out.'

Rainbow told her friends to come before flying over the tree tops. The Ancient Castle of the Royal Pony Sisters was a bit more visible than usual, but nothing else seemed out of place. She dived toward one of the clearings and landed as gracefully as possible. Fluttershy made it to the ground without any noise, but Jay and Zane weren't so lucky. Jay just fell to the ground, but Zane landed on his hooves. But he still had a harder landing than what was normal for a Pegasus.

"C'mon, you can't be THAT bad at landing."

"Well I haven't been a magical flying pony for very long." Jay said. "Plus I've never been the best at landing."

"It just means you need more practice." Rainbow told Jay. "Now I want to look at those scorch marks over there. They look like they were just made a few hours ago."

"They umm... They also don't look like they've been made by any of the animals around here." Fluttershy said softly. "I hope nopony is hurt."

"Well it looks like they are heading toward the castle." Jay pointed out.

"I have to agree." Zane said. "I believe it is a good idea to go and see what is causing them. We might find Sensei or Garmadon."

"Well that's settled." Rainbow said before turning to the Ancient Castle of the Royal Pony Sisters. "We're going to the castle."

-------------

Meanwhile Applejack, Pinkie, Spike, and Cole had just finished up their search.

"We looked everywhere we can and still haven't found Sensei or Garmadon." Cole said. "Isn't there anywhere else we can look?"

"'Fraid not sugarcube." Applejack told him. "We checked everywhere safe, but there just ain't nowhere else we can go. We have ta go back to Twilight and tell everypony what's goin' on."

"Aww...." Pinkie said while she let her head droop to the ground. "And we were having so much fun."

"I also agree with Applejack and think that we should go back to the others." Spike told them. "There's not much we can do here anymore."

"Alright then, let's go." Cole said before turning toward the direction of the library.

The journey was short, silent, and just a bit sad. None of them said anything and just walked to the library, their heads slightly lowered in shame that they couldn't find Sensei or Garmadon. They travelled all over Ponyville, even a mile or two outside of it, but didn't have any luck. Even Pinkie was disheartened, which was clearly visible because she wasn't speaking, smiling, or bouncing around everywhere.

They all got to the library pretty quickly and stepped inside to find Twilight on the floor with her head in a book. Nya and Kai were side by side reading from different books while Lloyd, Rarity, and Celestia were looking through the bookshelves.

Twilight lifted her head and greeted the ponies and dragon that walked in. "Hello! Have you found them?"

"No." Cole sadly said. "We looked everywhere and couldn't find them or a single clue."

Twilight watched her friends nod before she spoke. "Rainbow, Fluttershy, Zane, and Jay haven't come back yet. They might have found something. But right now I'm working on using any everyday spell to look for them."

"Do you need help with that?" Spike asked.

"No actually." Twilight replied. "I think I've found a good combination of ordinary spells that will do the trick."

"You DID?" Pinkie loudly asked. "THAT'S GREAT! Try it out try it out try it out!"

"I think Pinkie has the right idea." Celestia said. "Please explain what spells you used to create this spell and demonstrate it for us."

"Alright, here it goes." Twilight nervously told everypony before standing up. "I don't know what will happen, so please stand back."

Twilight watched all of her friends back up as far as possible. She took a deep breath and carefully concentrated on the spell. She began casting a Teleportation spell but instead of the usual spell, she used an Illusion spell with it. The two simple spells were slowly molding together like thick clay, clay that wasn't used to being held or bent. She felt the illusion of herself being teleported randomly in the sky when the more complicated parts of the spells combined.

'I can see everything!' Twilight excitedly thought. 'I can see in two places at once! I just need to learn how to move the illusion and keep focusing.'

Twilight put more magic in her spell-combination and tried thinking about the illusion moving. To her surprise, that worked and the illusion was floating quickly through the sky. The illusion had better sight than she did, so she quickly scanned the area and moved on. However when she got close to the Everfree Forest she saw a flash of blue dive down followed by darker blue, white, and yellow.

'It looks like they found something.' Twilight thought. 'I should follow them. Maybe they found Sensei or Garmadon!'

Twilight forced the illusion to follow them and see what was going on. When it reached the inner part of the Everfree though, she noticed something incredibly strange. There were fresh scorch marks that were black, yet they were surrounded with a golden outline. However none of the others pointed out the gold.

'They might not be able to see it.' Twilight thought before heading deeper into the Everfree. 'But then again the golden outline is actually magical residue, so of course nopony would see it.'

The illusion followed Fluttershy, who was following Zane, Jay, and Rainbow deep into the Everfree Forest. Twilight noticed that they were actually heading to the Ancient Castle of the Royal Pony Sisters, which was nearly completely visible due to some of the trees being burnt down. As the illusion moved forward the scorch marks became much more frequent, and signs of struggle were just about everywhere.

'I really hope that this isn't what I think it is.' Twilight thought as the illusion reached the gate to the castle ruins.

The entire entrance was covered in scorch marks. Golden magical residue coated the black marks and showed heavy signs of a fight. Twilight mentally gasped when she stepped forward into the castle. The entire area was covered in black and gold, and there were no more walls or ceiling in the large room. The illusion could feel powerful magic from deep within the castle that was clashing with two other beings.

'We have to get there NOW!' Twilight thought while cancelling her spell.

Twilight opened her eyes and found that she could only see one place at a time. She saw everypony watching her with awe, shock, and pride. She opened her mouth to speak but found herself exhausted due to the spell. 'Who knew that a combination of simple spells could wear you out so much?'

Twilight staggered a bit before sitting down and rubbing her head. "I can tell you what I saw, but I need a minute before I can tell a whole story."

-------------

Twilight explained as much as she could to her friends about what she saw. She was rushing a bit, but that was because she was incredibly worried about the ponies in the Ancient Castle of the Royal Pony Sisters. She finished her story in only a few minutes and then told them that they all had to run to go and see what was happening.

"Come on!" She kept repeating. "I don't know what's there, but I don't think they are safe!"

"Relax Twilight, they'll be fine until we get there." Spike said to try to reassure her.

"But I know what happened!"

"Well what happened? Don't leave us in the dark." Kai asked Twilight.

Twilight took a deep breath before answering. "The scorch marks come from a magic fight. They left a golden residue, which is Sensei's magical signature. There is an immensely large source of power in the Ancient Castle of the Royal Pony Sisters with two fighting beings nearby it. One felt like protection and teaching, the other felt like evil and destruction. There are two missing Alicorns with that amount of power. That means that Sensei and Garmadon are fighting deep in the Everfree Forest."

Author's Note:

I'm sorry this took so long to update. I recieved some not-so-constructive critism and fell into a deep writer's block. But I'm back now with a new chapter! I really like twisting this story, and I hope the ending turns out to be a wonderful surprise for all of you awesome fans out there.