• Published 25th Oct 2012
  • 1,856 Views, 32 Comments

A colt and his favorite princess - Bareback Writer



Pip is thinking about how his past. Rated T for inuendos and past

  • ...
10
 32
 1,856

Dark beginnings/Finding a home

As always at the end of the tenth month of the pony year, the festive activities of Nightmare Night were being put up. The smell from several booths of food penetrated the air with scents of freshly made treats for the residents of Ponyville. The band practicing for the night activities, sometimes just goofing off and experimenting with the instruments, even asking Vinyl Scratch to accompany them. Everything was getting ready, all thanks to the head organizer, Twilight Sparkle.

But this is no story of Twilight. No, this story was for some pony else; A pony who at the moment used his 16 year old stallion body to haul a statue of the 'Terrifying Nightmare Moon' to the Everfree forest. He was of average build with the usual coat colors of a pinto. Truth be told, the only thing of him that seemed out of place, was his cutie mark. It 'clashed with his coat' as Rarity put it. It was a pitch black cloud with a single white four-point star in the center. Many didn't know what it meant, but then again, they didn't need to. But that is a story for another time, back to this one.

Of all the holidays celebrated during the pony year, this one was Pipsqueak's favorite. But despite not sharing the "never too old for candy" idea like a certain pink pony, this holiday meant nearly everything to him. If you were to ask why, he would simply smile and say simply, "Because". In truth he didn't want to admit it, considering the circumstances that surrounded the issue, but ever since his first nightmare night, his mind just couldn't focus on anything else.

He could still remember it as if it just happened, clear as the running river, her face radiated with glee, happiness, and perhaps something he didn't quite understand back then. The moonlight glowing down on her starry mane, all while the real stars lit up her Teal eyes as she stared at him with those loving eyes. And even though he only got to hug her leg, as it was the only thing he could reach, the softness of the hairs against his cheek was beyond any feather bed.

Of course, he could only compare these vary features to what his life was like in Trottingham, specifically Trottingham's abandoned building number 10-31 A.K.A Trottingham orphanage. It was a small compact building that young foals used as a hangout/hotel when they had run away or whose parents had died or arrested, such was his case; until the government found it and put the angry Shortstack in charge. A veteran of war by nature, any and every foal caught doing something wrong, He would bring them to his room; screams could echo all throughout the building. When the foal would come out, they would be crying softly, the bruises obvious, and the stench of the old colt even more so. Of course as fouls, they had no idea how wrong and twisted he was; not until the vary government had uncovered his file, and discovered he had been discharged by the military because he had raped many children of the enemy, and now was doing the same to the foals at fault. Thinking back, it was obvious when most of the foals that went in his room were fillies.

Though the government promised change to him and all the others, in a way he knew, knew it was another lie. So not to go through such an ordeal again, he ran, and ran, and ran till he couldn't run anymore. The pains in his heart of having nowhere to go nearly made him cry in shame for his action; but he knew that if he was to have change, he had to find it. Not an easy task for a 5 year old at the time. But lady fortune had smiled on him when he had found a way to stowaway on a merchandise boat bound for another place to sell its products.

From the moment it landed, he once again ran, seeing no other course of action that would suffice. An endless cycle of running and hiding from any government. As time went on, he seemed to grow infamous as a shadow that ponies thought they saw, the thrill of the adventure coursing through his little colt heart.

But all these fun adventures seemed to be missing something. It wasn't till he found a book under a tree during a rainy day. A small tattered pile of paper barley hanging on to each other by pieces of string on the verge of breaking. At a mere glance, it would seemed to be on the verge of breaking; but at the same time, it seemed to defy that vary fate and by some miracle, stuck together, just like him. Considering it was raining, he decided to sit beneath a tree he found in a nearby town.

Strangely enough, or perhaps as fate would have it, the book told the story of a runaway; but unlike little pip, thank goodness he could read, it seemed that this runaway ran from his parents because he seemed to be fed up with not having their attention. But through trials and many adventures, the little runaway seemed to miss his parents. Despite all the faults they had, it seemed he still loved them. In the end, the little runaway, now a teenager, had returned home to find his parents' home gone, left with nothing but what the average pony makes in a month. But what he found when he saw them was nothing less than the perfect end to the ultimate adventure. He found them wishing for the safe return of their little son, missing him dearly.

Pip stopped, he couldn't read on. Tears rolled down his cheek, soaking his coat as much as the trace amounts of rain that seeped from the tree. That feeling, one he had longed wished to feel once more, tore him up more than any orphanage could. He found what was missing in his adventures, something vital. A special place to go back too. Through all his adventures, all he did was run away. As a rainy day turned into a cloudless serene night, Pip silently cried himself to sleep.

The dreams tormented him to no end. First he was the runaway, a good dream he would say, but it ended too quickly. But what followed was a harsh reminder that he wasn't that runaway, he was just A runaway.
He was back in Trottingham, still under the thumb, or hoof as the case was, of Shortstack. But the room he was different then what he remembered. It only took him a moment to realize what the room was; it was the only room he was lucky enough not to see the inside of, a room he could only guess what it looked like. Just as he had guessed, it was a dark grey room with a bed a small window and a locked door. He was on the bed with ropes binding in place, his hind legs faced to stand leaving his foal buns vulnerable for the taking, and taken they were. Though he didn't see him, he knew the voice of Shortstack better than anypony. Quietly, as if delicacy telling someone a secret, Pip heard the gruff sounding words form. " You're pathetic, thinking you can escape so easily. You should knew better. You're mine. No pony else wants you. Your parents didn't even want you; they died just to prove it. Face it squirt, you're alone…" the words stung with each movement of the bed, making the bad dream a pure nightmare.

He shivered in the cold when he felt a warm touch woke him from the prisons of his mind. When he opened his eyes, for a moment, he thought he was seeing the glow of sunshine, but the sun was never purple, unless he went colorblind. But the voice of a girl fully awoke him.

"Hey, are you alright little colt, where are your parents?" she asked in a soft tone, an obvious trick to calm him and lower his guard.

He sat there silently, as if lost in communications with this unicorn. But considering his options he had at the moment, or maybe it was impulse, he replied, "Oh…um…I'm fine, just fell asleep under this tree during the rain that's all. But who are you?"

"Oh, silly I, my name is Twilight Sparkle. It's good to see you well, but where are your parents?" the pony said worry still in her voice, "I'm sure they're worried for you."

"Bugger," he thought, "Can't let her know, she's probably with the govner here. Or perhaps she IS the govner". He had to think fast. "Um…my parents…yeah"

That's all it took, Twilight looked at him and saw what she needed to suspect him. "Hey it's ok, you don't have to tell me, but can I try something, you look wet and I thought you might want to be dry before you went home." The young colt looked at her with a confused look, but seemed to accept the offer. "Good, now to just…", Twilight's horn glowed as she pointed it at him. Then in a flash she cast a sleep charm on him. There was no resistance; it seemed Pip was waiting for some pony to do that.