• Published 23rd Aug 2011
  • 3,572 Views, 22 Comments

Pinkie Portal - RainbowDaschund



Pinkie wakes up in an unknown room and needs to finish tests in hopes to soon get back to ponyville

  • ...
2
 22
 3,572

3 : Through Aperture Laboratories

Pinkie Pie had been falling for quite a distance. She heard grates and pipes around her making metallic "whooshes" from the force of her fall. She neared an area in the metal pit she was falling in where it had curved. She hit the side of it and started falling again, this time she could see the ground. There were two slants at the end of the pit, she hit both of them, which at least drastically slowed down how fast she was falling.

After she hit the ground she moaned in pain for a few moments, she then opened one eye to see where she was. To her surprise she was in a well lit room. Overhead came a recently familiar voice "here we are, the incinerator room" stated Glados. She saw a door on the other side of the room, so she slowly trotted across the series of fallen metal, being cautious not to fall in the boiling hot liquid below.

She moved on into the next room which had a clutter of panels and such covering something. "Here let me get that" Glados said in her usual unimpressed tone. The panels and debris started pushing back as she picked up another portal gun, as she picked it up, her other one vanished. "There, you now have a dual portal device" stated Glados.

All Pinkie could think of was how close she was to escaping and then in about one minute, she was falling into a giant metal pit. She didn't know where she had fallen, but she knew it was somewhere deep in the facility. She walked into the next room. Pinkie had noticed a small, black spinning device on a platform.

She edged near it putting her face slightly over it as it spun faster. A laser had then shot out of it, burning Pinkie's nose. She let out a yelp as she fell backwards. She had also noticed one device like the first one, except it was on the ceiling and not spinning. She assumed it would be the receiver of the laser, so she shot a portal on the ceiling above the laser, and another portal on the floor below the receiver.

Afterwards, a platform below her feet started elevating up towards the door. She had then seen another mess of panels and debris. "You're navigating these tests faster than I can build them, feel free to slow down if you'd like" Glados said. Pinkie ignored her and continued on. She'd worked her way through a couple more laser filled tests lucky enough not to get burnt...twice.

And she has also noticed that there is acid water below some of the tests if they have elevated platforms. (as if she needed them any harder) Pinkie had reached the next are where she was briefly informed by Glados "This next test involves aerial face plates, in recent tests they were used to see if test subjects could solve problem if catapulted high into the air. Tests show...they could not. Good luck."

Pinkie had flown through the air and grabbed the cube with the portal gun's levitation trigger. She placed the cube onto the button and moved on to the next area. "Here's an interesting fact, the air you're breathing isn't real, we just "freshen up" carbon dioxide a little, and release it back into the atmosphere, so you're breathing the same air over and again."

Pinkie was on the edge of being done ignoring Glados, it was getting to a point where it was just annoying as Glados trailed off about anything that came to mind. Pinkie advanced through the tests, not knowing how long she would be down here. A couple hours? A
few months?...Or even FOREVER? She didn't want to think that, one day waking up in a
strange place and was never able to see anyone you knew ever again?

She erased the thought from her head and moved forward to multiple aerial face plates that lie in the next room. She was uneasy about all the acid below the platforms she was on. But she had to finish these tests if it meant by any chance of getting back to the town of Ponyville she hopped onto the aerial plate and flung towards the next one.

She saw two panels ahead at 45 degree angles she tried shooting an orange portal on the second panel and missed twice and she panicked. She was about 40 feet away from the panel hurling towards it at about 20mph. She focused in, (30 feet...) shot a portal. (20 feet...) The portal opened as she swung her arm back to aim at the first panel (10 feet...) She shot the blue portal (5 feet...) Just as she reached it the portal had opened and she sailed on through it back into the air and landed safely on another platform.

If she had shot the portal just one second later, she would've slammed her body into the side of the panel, and fallen into a pit of acid. She had just finished breathing heavily after a
life/death situation and headed into the next room nearly tripping over herself. She had worked through a few more test dealing with the aerial plates, along with Glados's constant nagging in her ear.

Pinkie had then moved into the next test that involved a blue plasma coming from a thin device implanted in the wall. "These bridges are made of natural light pumped from the
surface, if you held you cheek on it, it would be like the warm sun shining on your face...it
would also set your hair on fire, so don't actually do it"

Only the last part of what Glados said had her worry, her tail curled down almost touching the ground and she didn't want it to burst into flames. She tested out this new bridge of light by placing a portal where it ended and then another portal on a wall nearby. She was amazed, she could walk on the light bridge and go through the portal she created.

It took some time figuring out the test due to the fact that new things added to the test just pose them to be harder to complete. The next test had strained her skills even further as she had been jumping over a pit of acid to another light bridge across from her and bringing a cube through from another area. She thought if these were only getting harder, she wouldn't know if she could figure them out in later tests.

Glados's voice came on again. "Good job, In fact you did so good of a job I think I'll put this in your file, in the commendations. Oh there's LOTS of room in here. Did...well...enough" Glados had said in her original overly mellow tone. Pinkie thought it was weird how Glados could make something up so seemingly nice, yet still annoy the hell out of her.

As she walked in the next room she was greeted by a spray of gunfire. She jumped out of the way "Are you still there?" A robotic voice had called out. Pinkie peered around the corner to see what had one eye (like almost every other robot in the facility had) that was red, tripod legs, and a laser sight. To her assumption it was a turret.

She used a portal to get behind it and knocked it over. Upon the turret being on its side, it started flailing bullets in desperation to try taking down its attacker. Pinkie had met a few more ahead and did the same thing which showed to work rather well.

"I just thought I'd let you know that yesterday was your birthday, but don't worry I have a surprise for you." Glados said in her usual tone of voice. Pinkie had forgot about her birthday, it almost made her want to cry that is was her birthday, and no super big party to throw! (and no one to see or talk to either...)

The next test had let Pinkie use the lasers to fizzle turrets until they exploded. Well it DID help relieve some of the stress about the whole birthday thing. Glados's voice then started talking overhead "Did you think that I had forgotten about your surprise?

I didn't...In fact we're heading to it right now. I'm getting choked up just thinking about it"...