• Published 23rd Aug 2011
  • 3,571 Views, 22 Comments

Pinkie Portal - RainbowDaschund



Pinkie wakes up in an unknown room and needs to finish tests in hopes to soon get back to ponyville

  • ...
2
 22
 3,571

1 : Getting your hooves wet

This is based off portal 2's story and does contain SPOILERS to portal 2. Note that you have been warned if you haven't played portal 2 that parts of the story may ruin it for you. If you don't mind then good ^^ ignore that. One more thing I would like to state is that the characters and objects in the story like Glados, Wheatley, turrets, companion cubes, and other characters/objects are owned by Valve.

*********************

Waking from a restful sleep, Pinkie Pie had awoken in a room. Sure some crazy things would happen to her and she'd wake up in some random pony's house like she remembered she awoke in Rainbow Dash's room, twice... But no, this...was a different type of room, no room she had ever seen before, and definitely not any from Ponyville.

Pinkie was startled by a knock on the door and nearly fell off the bed. A voice had called beyond the door, "hello?...hellooo?" She neared the door to open it wondering wether it was some monster trying to lure her into a false sense of security, or maybe somepony that just needs something.

She swung the door open in both surprise and confusion to see some strange thing she's never seen before dart into the room suspended by a rail. "Hello Pinkie Pie" the robot sphere said."What's happening? Where am I? Why am I here?" Pinkie questioned.

"Oh a well haha...ya see you sort of don't remember anything at all about what's happening due to your case of brain damage-BUT DON'T WORRY, it's fine, it's fine, we'll do some test and you should be fine.

"Ah, and do me a favor Pinkie, don't get used to your name. umm....because the record of the facility needs to track you by your subject number" the robot continued. "So uh, don't be alarmed if you are called by subject #148932. although if you DO feel alarmed, that's uh perfectly normal due to the fact it's uh, normal to be accustom to your name.

So maybe a quick test before we continue, start with something easy, try saying cupcake, c-u-p-c-a-k-e" Pinkie Pie just stood there looking confused "okay, okay, I guess you're still trying to take this all in. But nevermind that, you'll get it soon. Oh by the way I'm Wheatley, not uh, really sure if you wanted to know or not cause you didn't ask.

Anyways we're going to start making our way to the testing facility, so you might uh want
to hang on to something, just a word of advice." wheatley continued. Pinkie felt the ground starting to shake as the room almost felt like it was FLYING through the air.

Wheatley had crashed into several buildings nearly tearing the entire room apart as he tried guiding it through the path to the facility. She was trembling as she hung on to the small dresser in the corner opposite of the wreckage of the room.

Wheatley started "Okay, the testing facility should be right on the other side of this wall, I'm gonna see if I can override it, so uh just hang on to something tight." Pinkie now had a death-grip on the small dresser just hoping that it would keep her from flying across the room.

The room went at what seemed full speed towards the walls with the wall cracking and crumbling as the room hit it full force, Pinkie Pie flung forward a couple feet, then jerked back and slammed her back against the wall. The crash had also sent much debris from the room flying out and wearing down the structure of the room even further.

She had felt the room fly forward again to the wall with another forceful hit. The wall looked like it wouldn't take another hit and she thought to herself. Good! she couldn't handle another time of her back slamming against the wall which was already sore from the last two hits.

The last time flying through the air at the wall was like a wrecking ball and crashed right
through it which had knocked down a few windows as a huge hole was left in the wall as it fell apart. "Well here we are, you can continue on, I'll meet you up ahead." Pinkie slowly started to walk through the mix of broken glass and crumbled wall. She looked down to see a small room.

She hadn't seen anywhere else to go, so she convinced herself to lower herself in, still feeling a bit uneasy about doing so. A recorded voice startled pinkie as she was observing the room. The voice announced they were experiencing difficulties from circumstances of apocalyptic-yadda-yadda blah. Pinkie really didn't care about what the voice was saying, She just wanted to get out of wherever she was and back to see her friends in Ponyville.

The voice had then continued with "a portal will open and testing will begin." Pinkie looked around and noticed an orange-ish portal open on the wall. She had mixed feelings about entering something she's never even seen before. But she didn't have any sense staying in the small room she was currently in.

She approached the portal and slowly put one hoof through it and gasped and she saw her fore-leg coming out a blue portal on the other side of the glass walls that surrounded the room. She then crept slowly through the portal and by her own amazement wasn't harmed in anyway. She looked at the blue portal behind her and saw the room through it exactly how it was before she went through the orange portal.

she advanced through the facility path into another room where a very strange cube had dropped from some testing tube she assumed. The voice came on about cube-button based testing and how they were important for science. So Pinkie Pie understood she needed the cube on the button, tried picking up the cube in her mouth, which was essentially the usual way she carried things.

But the cube was too big, so she tried picking it up with her fore-legs and started walking
over with her hind-legs, although it posed to be too difficult. She had come to the conclusion that she should just pushed it and roll it over itself with her nose. She didn't have alot of control when she tried it, but it showed to be more efficient.

What use to be a light blue x on the wall turned to yellow-ish check mark as the door opened to next room, which was different from the others, this one had some kind of blue plasma across it. The announcer had said this would vaporize any equipment that comes
through unauthorized. Nothing so far has really harmed her except for the ache in her back when they were back at the room.

So she walked through it, after doing so she felt a bit light headed but continued on to an elevator sort of tube she thought. The pod came down to the level she was on. Just as Pinkie walked in, the doors closed behind her. She was a bit panicked as the shaft had flung downward into darkness only to soon reappear in another test it seemed like.

Arg! She didn't have time for this nonsense, she just wanted to go back home. She walked up the stairs into the first room in the new level she was on, she pressed one of the three buttons in front of her which opened up a blue portal behind a glass wall. She looked behind her to notice an orange portal on the wall behind her, she nudged the cube that sat in their out the portal and continued making her way around.

Each test she went through had gotten harder until she had reached a point where she met back up with Wheatley. "Hi there, there should be portal device around here, check over there" Wheatley directed. Pinkie walks over to the podium as the ground collapses AAAAHH! Pinkie yelled as she fell down into the hole filled with what appeared to be sewer water.

"Hello? Are you okay? Do you see a portal device? It should be up ahead" Wheatley droned on. Pinkie had walked through the grimy water beneath her hooves up to a panel of stairs she continued up to a small podium that held what she assumed was the portal gun they were talking about. She picked it up and observed its weird shape and placed it over her fore-leg.

She needed to test it out to see if it worked properly. So she aimed it towards one of the white walls next to her and activated the trigger. The portal gun had a bit of kick she wasn't use to, but she managed. She hopped through the portal and flung out the other one
and soared through the air for a few seconds, she was then coming in fast to the ground, she shot again at the floor below here in panic and flew up through the other portal again.

WHEEEE! she squealed only to be momentarily interrupted by hitting the wall across from the portal and falling to the ground. ooooogh! she moaned. She thought to herself she needs to be a little less care-free. Even if that's what makes her Pinkie Pie...the care-free-ness.

She has obtained the portal device...does this mean she can go home? Although as badly as she wanted to. Pinkie Pie didn't realize that her getting the portal gun had been only the beginning...