• Published 25th Oct 2012
  • 2,428 Views, 16 Comments

Fourty-two - Dusky Flower



There are 42 billion universes. 41,999,999,958 of them contain no Twilight Sparkle.

  • ...
6
 16
 2,428

Intermission: Pinkie Pie, Surprise, and The Author

Note: This chapter is the fourth wall being utterly demolished. If you like that, go for it! If not, I'd advise you skip this one.

----------

Pinkie hopped through the other end of the hole, trotting over to a young alicorn with a very long dirty blonde mane. She held a notepad and quill in a silver-blue magical field. She also looked extremely puzzled. Abruptly, she facehoofed.

"Oh, horseapples. This is one of the universes, isn't it."

Pinkie grinned, and bounced up into the air, then landed back on the cloud-floor with an abrupt POMPH.

"Whoo, springy."

Surprise leapt up into the air, and bounced through the air towards the alicorn, as if there was an invisible floor beneath her.

The notepad and quill kept writing, as if they had a mind of her own.

The alicorn looked up and loudly complained to the universe in general, "This wasn't supposed to happen!"

Pinkie Pie shrugged. "You learn to just go with it. Hey, got any cake?"

Surprise grinned. "Hey! We met an alicorn!"

Pinkie looked back at her. "You know what this calls for?"

In unison, they spoke, leaping up into the air (wait, when did Surprise get back on the ground?) and called out their favorite phrase.

"A PARTY!"

They bounced over to the Author, grabbed her, and then dragged her off to parts unknown.

"Hey! Let me go! I need to write the stooooooory-"


The notepad and quill kept writing.