• Published 18th Oct 2012
  • 1,722 Views, 28 Comments

A Wildfire in Life - Cadencegirl1



Spitfire and Soarin ' have a relationship, but what happens when Spitfire gives birth to a foal and ends up on a wild goose chase into the EVERFREE FOREST?!

  • ...
6
 28
 1,722

A Family Addition

"Ew!" Soarin' cried as Spitfire vomited on the field."Still, are you okay? You've never gotten sick during practice!" Spitfire simply walked to the bathroom, cleaned up, and came back without her suit. "I'm going to the hospital-this is just weird,"she said, flying away.

Soarin ' walked to Spitfire after practice. Her eyes were red, and she was crying into her couch. "Spitty, what happened?" Soarin' asked worriedly. Spitfire whispered something into his ear, and flopped back down, upset with what had happened.

"I can't do this, I just can't!" Spitfire whimpered. "I don't want to quit, but how am I gonna get through this?!" Soarin' calmed down his mare friend, and gently placed a hoof on her shoulder. "I know I am too young to be a dad, but still, let's make sure you don't go puking everywhere. We'll think about how to tell everypony else later." Spitfire sniffed, and together they walked out to the balcony. "Who's gonna be the captain while you are gone?" Soarin' asked curiously. Spitfire smiled weakly. "You are".

Soarin's eyes lit up. You'd really do that?!" He asked, surprised. "Yes. I know how you've always wanted to be the captain, and this is your chance. You will do great. I'll be away for...um...oh yeah-10 more months" Spitfire told him. "Oh my gosh! Gotta go to the bathroom real bad EEK!" The mare galloped to the restroom as fast as she could. Soarin' smiled to himself. Yes, Soar-you will be a great captain.

Flash Forward 10 months...

"I can't do it!" Spitfire screamed. "I just CAN'T DO IT!!" She was in the hospital giving birth. The doctor held her hoof to give her encouragement. Half an hour later, Spitfire was holding a cute little pegasus filly. She was navy blue, with an orange and yellow mane. "What will you name her?" The doctor asked. "I don't know...Wildfire?" Spitfire said wearily. The doctor scribbled the name on his clipboard, and let Soarin' in the room. "Hey how ya feelin'?" he asked. Spitfire shrugged. "I'm fine, but I still have to stay here for the night!" "Whatever, congratulations!" Soarin' replied. "Well...imgettinghungrysoimgonnagofindsomefoodandseeyoutomorrowmorningokay?" Spitfire laughed. "Sure, I have to eat anyway..."
She finished her food, and kissed her new daughter."Good night sweetie. I love you." Spitfire whispered.

Spitfire lay in the hospital bed, waiting for the nurse to send her out. She was just about to call Redheart when she suddenly walked into the room. "Alright Spitfire, you can go. Wildfire is at your house, Soarin' took her a while ago so you can leave empty-hooved." Nurse Redheart said gently. Spitfire thanked the nurse, and flew home.

"Hey Soarin', where did Wildfire go?" Spitfire asked. "Oh, she's in her new room playing with that old stuffed animal thingamajig," he responded. Spitfire gave him a playful shove. "That should have been washed first you know!" Soarin' rolled his eyes. He said he washed the toy and ushered the mare upstairs to the filly's room. Wildfire sat in the middle, giggling and randomly throwing it everywhere, trying to catch it before the animal hit the ground. "Hey Wildfire, whatcha doing?" Spitfire asked. The foal picked up her toy and showed it to her. Spitfire laughed, and took out a bottle of milk, which she had taken with her upstairs. "Here, drink this first before playing, okay?"

Soarin' walked into the room. He was smiling. Pinkie Pie just planned this party and it's celebrating the birth of Wildfire. She wants you to bring your uniform cause lots of ponies are gonna ask for photos and autographs. And I helped her plan and it's going to be soooo awesome!" Spitfire laughed. "Whoa there, calm down. I got to help Fleetfoot in a few minutes with the flame on your flank thing, she's having trouble with that," she said, rocking her foal. Soarin' offered to watch the filly meanwhile. "OH MY GOSH ALMOST FORGOT WILDFIRE HAS A CHECK UP SOON AND I HAVE SO MUCH STUFF TO DO UGHHHHH!" Spitfire screamed. Soarin' called the doctor and rescheduled the appointment to the next day. Spitfire left, and Soarin' continued to feed Wildfire her milk, smiling and also, thinking about how much better it was than cleaning up Spitty's barf. The phone suddenly rang. "Hello?" "Soarin', it's me, Fleetfoot. I'm marrying Rapidfire, and since he and Spitfire are twins, I need you to tell her."