• Published 24th Oct 2012
  • 1,406 Views, 14 Comments

Short Dead Ponies - Toyloli



Sometimes there is no villain and the only monster is your own telltale heart. I killed fluttershy.

  • ...
7
 14
 1,406

A Tall Tale Heart

Note: This story was written for Equestria Daily's halloween comp and posted 23th oct. (you can confirm by comments made). This comment has been added on for clarification.
This is actually a ghost story/campfire story. With a twist at the end. After writing this I was asked and inspired to create a series of ghost stories and I have therefore retconned this into a first chapter. If it is difficult to follow what has happened, then the next story in this series will explain most of it.

Please comment or criticize.

A Tall Tale Heart
The mangled and twisted body lay there on the floor in a lost pose. The indented patch of fur showed clearly where the large piece of piping had connected to the back of her neck, with a very satisfying thud and a small sharp crack as bones broke under the force.

I had been so nice to her, just before the end, we had stood in the kitchen together and I had offered her fruit and water.
“The little thieving tramp hadn’t deserved it! Hadn’t earned it!” I reminded myself out loud, staring at her now contorted and twisted face. She lay splayed on the floor like a disjointed ragdoll, legs spread out in the fashion of a wanton hussy.

Her eyes were open, staring at me, accusingly. I frowned and huffed in response - “Don’t you look at me like that you thieving slut! You totally had this coming!” I turned my nose up at her and went to turn away, only to suddenly notice the blood.

“Oh no... Oh no you Don’t! After ruining my food taking advantage of my kindness you are Not going to ruin my kitchen Floor!”

I looked around quickly, I had to stop the little bitch from bleeding everywhere and the only option was to dispose of the body.
“Ew Ew Ew!” I cringed reflexively, stamping my hoof on the floor as my magic lifted the prone form into the air, spluttering from my ivory horn in as nervous a fashion as I was.

“No No No!” Backing away I let her drop. “Your stinking messy blood is getting all over my polished bamboo floors! No no no no no...” I leant against the doorframe to the kitchen and placed a hoof against my forehead.
“I can’t handle this! I simply cannot! I - I need help. I didn’t mean to kill her, I really didn’t!”

The words sounded hollow in my mouth as I spoke them. If I hadn’t intended to kill her, then why had I lifted the pipe. Why had I lured her into the kitchen. Why had I encouraged her to lower her guard and then struck.

“It was, a very satisfying thud.”

I stared at the form, she was staring at me again. Those accusing eyes. She was staring but with a flick of my horn I forced her head to turn towards the sink.
“I didn’t Mean to kill you.” I demanded of her, then swooned against the wall again. “I... I can’t ask for help. Applejack, Fluttershy, My dear sister sweetiebelle most of all - none of them would forgive me.”

Staring at her I frowned. “I have to dispose of the body. Properly!”

Trotting from the kitchen I tried to think. Such a small body, surely she shouldn’t be too hard to hide! It wasn’t as though she were big! But the dripping, the blood on the floor. That would be hard!
“Now let me see!” I entered my studio and looked around. Inside the white stucco studio of my home come shop a mess of materials and objects were available. Bolts of cloth, felt, cardboard! All materials of my craft and designs.
“Surely there has to be something I can wrap that... Thing -” I shuddered instinctively at the thought of her body, “in that isn’t Too expensive! I wouldn’t want to waste the Bits!”

Waving my head as I looked through I cast simple levitation spells on the objects and called them to me or put them away. After a moment I figured out what I was looking for! A Bolt of tracing paper, and some cheap woolen rolags for padding out costumes.
“Blessings that I keep my supplies well stocked.” I prayed and magically cut enough of each material to wrap around the body and mop up the blood.

Returning to the room I worked quickly. Transferring her into the roll of paper and wrapped in the wool I used to clean the floor, I put her to one side.

The stain wasn’t coming out.
“Damn you!” I grunted, never mind the mess - if my friends were to arrive and see this I would be accused, pointed at! They would hate me, and treat me ill! And what was worse, for such a horrible deed I would deserve it! Killing her so casually!

“You didn’t Deserve it! I Didn’t Mean it!” I declared out loud, dropping cotton wool on the floor and bringing my hoof down on top.

“Enough! Come Out! Come OUT!” I no longer cared if the floor got scratched, the expensive bamboo polished floor that cost 4000 bits to install. I no longer cared about my hair or about propriety! Nobody could see me right now!
“Nobody will Know of This!” I swore, getting low with my front hooves and trying to scratch out the stain of my mistake.
“I Will make this go away!”

“Rarity!!!” My head bucked up at hearing my name..
“Oh, Rarity Hello! Are You Home!”

“Pinky!” My eyes went wide with Panic!
“No No no - oh in Celestia’s name please use the door! Don’t come in on your own!” I looked around desperate.

She was small, and I was out of time! Levitating her off the floor I magicked the door to the broom closet and tossed her limp form inside hoping nobody would think to look there or magically attempt to come out of there, then I looked back at the floor.

I Gasped in horrified breath, not only was the stain not gone but it clearly looked like somebody had been spreading it around with cotton wool!

“A Rug! A Rug!” I rushed to act quickly - bolting into the room and grabbing the first piece of cloth large enough to cover my crime - not even caring that it cost 800 bit a meter.
Dashing back to the kitchen I quickly threw it on the floor and turned back, this time heading for the door.

“What cha Doing!?”

I almost screamed and fell over. She hadn’t waited! Turning around partway down the hallway I looked frantically to see Pinky Pie’s head conveniently sticking out of a bookshelf. The shock had me run smack into the wall as I stared at the little pink haired lout with a relieved expression. There was no way she could have seen my offence, she had only just appeared.

“Pin-ky.” I responded with false modesty, struggling to find a facial expression. “I see you already came in. You really should wait until you’re invited you know!”
Pinky seemed to hesitate, “Damn Rarity, that look just now could almost kill!”

My mouth dropped open and my brain raced. ‘Had she Seen?’.
‘No. No - it was just a turn of phrase.’ I reassured myself, ‘Just a turn of phrase!’
“Don’t be silly!” I forced my mouth to move, hoping I hadn’t given myself away. Pinky was being too, well, her. With some effort she was tugging herself out from between the books on the shelf and a split moment later she fell, half the books falling on the floor with her.

I grit my teeth and smiled.
“How, how can I help you dear?” I asked politely.

Pinky was picking herself up again, “Oh it isn’t me who needs help! Fluttershy was standing outside your door!” My heart skipped a beat, “Calling really quietly.” she continued, “Fluttershy seems to want something from you so I’m helping her!”

“Ohhhh...hehehe...” I choked down a giggle that was trying to force itself hysterically up my throat and firmly planted my hoof on it.
“I, I see! Shall we go let her in then, then?”
“Abso-fruity-luuty!” Pinky responded with an annoying bounce, heading off ahead of me in the direction of the door.

I scowled, but followed at a more demure pace that was appropriate for a pony of my standing and authority. “After all,” I muttered, “Fluttershy Is my friend.”
She could never know what I had done.
‘Someday?’ a rogue thought interjected. ‘No. Never. She would never forgive me.’


Dear fluttershy was definitely waiting at the door when Pinky popped it open. Being fluttershy however she was looking at and talking to the small beds of flowers, carefully watering them with a pale. Seeing me she nodded and talked around the handle in her mouth.

“Ohn rarnitty! Derr ru ark!” I rolled my eyes.
“F-Fluttershy, my dear, good a-afternoon!” I responded, looking at my awkward friend affectionately. Somehow she could always make me feel happier!
“Can I do anything for you?”

“Now, now, now Rarity! Manners!” That irritating Pie pushed me aside and out of my door roughly, smiling her incessant self interested grin and what she said next made my jaw drop.
“Come in Fluttershy - I’m sure Rarity has some cakes, or pop, or tea or maybe even Candied Fruit she will share while we talk - Don’t you Rarity!”
I went to object only to have my “No!” spoken over. Before I knew it Pinky was up on her hind hooves and physically pushing myself and Fluttershy into my living room.

I cringed.
“Oh, yes. Cake. Please come in, please come in!” My mouth felt dry.
Walking into the living room I looked nervously to the kitchen door, my mind raced at a galloping pace.

“Please stay here dears, I will be back in a moment!” I ducked into the kitchen quickly.
“Caaaaake!” I thought, checking the cool cupboard. There was half a cake left, one Pinky herself had given me the other day. Caramel frosted!
“This will!” Putting it out on the table I lifted the kettle using my magic and put it on the stove to boil, then - absentmindedly pulled out a draw and fetched a knife...

I looked at the knife with shock, then laughed it off with a quiet “He he he” telling myself “Don’t be silly!” And began to cut the cake.

That was when I heard it.
Thu-thump...
Thu-thump...

Eyes wide I turned my head, drawn to look at the cupboard door.
Thu-thump...
Thu-thump...

“No... No, It can’t be.... She’s!” My voice caught in my throat and without realizing the knife slipped from my hoof, embedding itself in the floor beneath me.
Carefully I levitated it out and poured a pot of tea, levitating it in front of me as I walked shakily back to the living area where Pinky and my dearest Fluttershy were waiting.

“I - I have the tea!” I informed them redundantly.
“Awsome!” In a heartbeat Pinky was off her seat and snatching the tray from the air!

Thu-thump! The heart beat again in the kitchen, making me gulp.
Thu-thump, thu-thump, thu-thump!

Was it getting louder!?
Knock Knock Knock!

The ratting at the door made me jump but I sighed a sigh of relief. Had Pinky not taken the tray the sudden drop of my magic would inevitably have resulted in a ruined carpet and table.

“Oh my...” I claimed without thinking, “That bang came as a shock... Thankyou Pinky Dear!” I caught my breath.
“I won’t be a minute.”

Ducking into the kitchen again I breathed heavily, trying to calm down.
“Why are there so many damned guests today!” I complained bitterly, then trotted around to the door.

“Hello? Who is it?”
“Darn dis Door!” as soon as I heard the voice I recognised it, opening the top part of the front door with my magic.
On the other side was Applejack, a mouth full of hand-drawn pieces of paper and a basket hanging from her side.
I blinked at her.

“Applejack dear, what are you Doing? Going into the drafting business?”
Applejack glared in response, and nervously I opened the lower door.
“Can, can I help you?”
“Nyes!” She replied, barging through.

“Damn it.” I muttered under my breath, following nervously.
The heartbeat was in my ears, faint and fast and I fiddled as I walked, looking around quickly.
I had to get them out of here. I had to deal with the body in the next room. I had to clean that horrible horrible stain off my floor and Most Importantly! Most Importantly I -
“Ar, gawd thanks for openin up Rares!” Applejack interrupted my thoughts.
I scowled, wondering how I ended up with such an uncouth collection of friends.

“I was wantin yer help with ma designings for Nightmare Moon Night! Ya won be believin what Applebloom want’s to be dis year!”
The farm pony rolled her eyes as she gripped the saddlebag with her teath, removing it and dropping it squarely on the coffee table with a heavy thud.
I gulped closing my eyes.

Thu-thump.
“Darn tha was heavy! Ya aint got something I can drink does ya Rarity?”
Thu-thump. I tried not to think, the sound of the heartbeat was loud. Impossibly loud. Soon somebody would hear it I was certain but until then I had to deal with the menagerie in the living room.

“Sure!” I replied without thinking, then suddenly noticed Applejack moving.
She was heading into the Kitchen!
“Wait! There’s tea out here!” I panicked, bounding after Applejack excitedly while behind me Fluttershy and Pinky looked over Applejack’s drawings!

“Ooh, crayon! It’s very well drawn and bright!”
“Creepy if you ask me.” Fluttershy responded carefully.
I followed Applejack into the kitchen, cringing as she walked across the expensive wrap of cloth covering the stained floor. She didn’t even seem to notice it at first, simply raising the lever on the sink that allowed the water into the trough.

Staring at the cloth on the floor, then at the door scant inches away I shivered at the thu-thumping sound of her heart, was she undead, unalive, or worse alive and simply injured. Beating so loudly behind that door Applejack would no doubt -

“What in tarnation is dat!”

My heart sank and desperately I backed away from her, running into the sink. Applejack had heard it, heard the beating of the terrified heart thumping away in the pantry cupboard and it would be discovered!
When my rump hit the cupboards by the sink I jumped with a loud
“Eep!”

Applejack was staring at me. “Rarity, I swear you is all jumpers and jeepers today! What’s bitin at ya. Ye ain’t frettin bout the coming Nightmare Moon Night is ya?”
My mouth opened and closed in a silent stammer until noise started coming out!

“N-n-n-no Applejack! Don’t be Sillly!” I frowned, Applejack was picking at the piece of expensive cloth on the floor. My mind struggled to find something to say -
“T-That was a cuttoff! It got damaged and I didn’t want to waste it - so I put it there!”
“Oh, I getit now. I was wonderin about that! Seams too good to be used as a rug though!”
“Yes, aha ha, well you know how it is! Waste not want not!” The phrase came to my lips. She was still fiddling with it! Fiddling and tugging and pushing and messing around and -
- subconsciously I started levitating that fated piece of metal piping again.
‘Please leave it alone’ - I wished to myself. “Sh-shall we go back outside to the living room please Applyjack?” I blurted out.

“Sure - but seriously!” Applejack still seamed to be thinking outloud. “If you ain’t got any use for this I could make some good quality muck abouts or use it in Applebloom’s Costume!”

She was lifting the cloth! Lifting it with her mouth no less! The stain, the blood! It was all going to be for nothing!

I Struck!
And it was a very Satisfying Thud.

The metal pipe went across the back of Applejack’s head smoothly and quickly, causing the sack of her body to fall. As though she’d simply fallen asleep! Catching her with my magic I lifted her and carefully carted her into the Pantry where the other body resided, laying her alongside the other one. My legs were shaking - I’d done it again and this time it would be worse! Applejack would be missed, not only that Pinky and Fluttershy were sitting outside and would be well aware she had come in and not come out.

Sinking to the ground tears tried to well up in my eyes. Everything was going downhill quickly and as I stared at the two forms alongside each other I heard the thumping thumping heartbeat getting louder and louder.

“Noooooo!” I cried quietly, then smacked the two figures again and again with the pipe. “Be quiet, be quiet!”
Grabbing some paper towel from one of the shelves I wiped my eyes.

“I just need to cover this up! Fluttershy, she’s the one who’s important here! I can’t let her know what I’ve done! She’s the one I have to protect!”

The logic floated through my head like a knife. I needed to put Fluttershy somewhere safe, somewhere that she couldn’t tell what was going on. Then make it look like the death of the others had been an accident.
Yes, that was the way.

“They had an accident!” I couldn’t help but smile. “Such a satisfying thud!”

Walking out into the Kitchen I worked quickly, there would have to be more tea, and cupcakes, and soda and Pinky would have to be kept in the Dining room!
Magically fetching things into the air I floated them with me as I went around the kitchen, past the pale blue rug with the crimson red spot, through the small hall and into the living room. The Pink haired lout and my Dearest Friend were still looking over the papers Applejack had brought, and Pinky was wearing my lampshade and the throw from the couch.

I frowned.
“Dears, Dears!” I smiled my most contagious smile, “Since things are going to keep me occupied for a little while I have brought more food. Her you Go Pinky!”
Pinky Pie grinned like a cat - bouncing up onto her hind legs.

“Awesome!” A second later one of the cupcakes had been snatched out of the air and passed straight down her mouth and into her belly.
Part of me wanted to object, and my mouth opened to but there was a task at hand.

“Fluttershy, dear! Why don’t we leave this one to her snacks, would you come with me to my workshop, and we can deal with you and Applejack’s designs at the same time!”

“Oh, alright!” Fluttershy conceded. She was such a kind pony, so polite and dignified. I had to protect her from all this, at any cost!

Helping Fluttershy to pick up the designs I led the way, out into the hall and down to the work area where all my materials and designs were.
“Lets see, Applebloom want’s to be a - a president? What on earth is that?” I frowned.
“Probably something from a book!” Fluttershy responded just as we arrived at the workshop.

Fluttershy was looking around as she came in. Of course she would.
“So, what did you want to talk about?”
Fluttershy grimaced, “I was wondering if you had seen angel?” She asked politely. My eyes went wide.
“What, no why is he missing?” Fluttershy was looking around at the supplies, she was completely unaware.
“Oh no, he’s never missing. But it is true I just can’t find him!” She replied casually. “I was thinking he may have come over here, I know how much he likes those fruit pies you make!”

I twitched, Fluttershy had just turned around as I was levitating a large piece of cloth over her head. I smiled as she looked up.
“I have to get busy on that costume!” I responded honestly. I would to - with Applejack missing Applebloom would need a bit of cheerfulness and a costume would be just the thing. Hopefully then I wouldn’t need to silence her as well.

I smiled my warmest smile.
“Fluttershy dear, if I had seen your Angel of a Rabbit I would definitely tell you. Certainly I wouldn’t have done anything or lied to you about it!” Casually I lowered the bolt of cloth around Fluttershy lengthways.
“Oh no, I wasn’t implying you’d ever lie!”

Thu-thump!- Thu-thump went that annoying heart again! That annoying heart beating so loud it echoed through the house! I couldn’t sit here any longer and risk their bodies being discovered! Acting quickly I wrapped the cloth around Fluttershy.

“Of course my dear, you know this and I know this! It is most clearly a mistake and we shouldn’t say anything else about it!”

“Eeep.”

I ignored Fluttershy’s squeak of protest.
“Rarity! Stop, what are you doing?”
“Now now, don’t struggle dear! I’m just doing what’s best for you!”
Fluttershy was wriggling about as I quickly drew the bolt of cloth around her, wrapping my best friend up.
“I have some very important -”
“Rarity! Please, Stop!”

My eyes snapped open at Fluttershy raising her voice. It wasn’t loud, but it was louder than her usual whisper. I hesitated.
“Please don’t make any sound! I need to take care of some problems! Please just wait here until I’m done!”

“No, No no no - Rarity you’re scaring me!”
Fluttershy thrashed around in the bolt of cloth, causing it to falter and clip one of the many other bolts and draws strewn around the room.
The Mirror fell, and in my desperation to act quickly I was knocked over, a sharp piece of glass cutting through my hair and strewn threads tangling in my tail. I growled.

“I’m only -” I levitated her into the air and magicked open a cupboard, “- doing what’s best for you.” I finished angrily, and with that tossed her inside the cupboard.

“How is this what’s best for me!” Fluttershy kicked against the cupboard door futilly.
“I have made rather a mess in my house!” I explained, trying to be reasonable, “I cannot let you out until I’ve cleaned everything up and got her out of here! I will no doubt explain later but for now you will just have to wait!”
Fluttershy was still kicking at the door, and I frowned.
“I don’t have the time for this! Be Quiet!”

Thu-thump...
Thu-thump-a-thump-a-thump-a-thump-a....
… I covered my ears with my hooves, Fluttershy’s banging on the door was turning into the rythm of the obscenely loud heartbeats from their bodies in the kitchen.

“I said - I. I Said Stop!” I commanded, and glared at the door. My magic flared, my head throbbed and a moment later there was silent.
“There. A perfect seal!” I stared at the faintly glowing door.
“Nothing can get in or out! Not sound, not noise. Not even air!”

Turning my head and with a swish of my tail I sauntered back out into the hall. “You’ll be safe. For now.”

I smiled.
This day had not gone anywhere near as planned, but I had kept ahead of it! My dear friend fluttershy was safe, Applejack had been silenced forever, that harlot who had been stealing my food was gone! The only thing that remained was -
“Gee Twilight! You mean you’re only here looking for Applejack and Fluttershy! I thought you’d want some of these pies!”

A hysterical sob started fighting it’s way up my throat.
“Not a- not, another one!” I whined, walking through to the hall.

“Well Fluttershy and Applejack Are here. But I’m not sure where. Rarity went into the kitchen with Applejack and only she came out!”
“Oh I see!” I shuddered as I heard Twilight’s voice, the sound of her hooves clopping across the floor.

“He, he he he...” I couldn’t help laugh, a tear coming down my cheek.

“Well, Nobody’s in here!” Twilight responded, “But look at this cloth!”
“Ooh, is that tomato juice?”
That stupid pinky had found the dribbled of blood I had tried to hard to cover up.
Walking into the living room I smiled through my tears.
“Hehehe....”

“I think -” I saw the purple flare of Twilight’s magic. “- I think it’s blood!”
For some reason Twilight sounded scandalous! In my head I could no longer understand why. It being blood was perfectly logical.
A rattling came from the Pantry door, just as I walked into the kitchen.

I smiled at them. My hair was a mess, and in the metal panel that all the kitchen knives were hanging from I could see my reflection. Tears, and a manic grin.
Twilight turned to me.

“Um... Rarity, you’re looking a little crazy there? Did you have an accident!”
I smiled, looking at the knife and used my magic to bring a few of them over.
“Uh- oh!” Pinky pie twaddled with her annoying twiddle twaddly mouth! Nothing that came from her was ever relivent and the fact that she even now looked at the bodies in the pantry was also irrelivent.

“Accident. No dear! No, no no no no, Never an accident Dear! It was never an Accident!”
I stared at my reflection in the glinting metal of the knives.
“No no no...”
“Twilight!” Pinky’s voice was urgent, but it no longer mattered. I was out of time and there was only one solution to clean up this mess.

“Twilight - look!” I watched them, tears streaming down my face as Twilight and Pinkypie looked in the cupboard. They were in there, laying there, rolled up and sinful, evil disgusting things laying in my pantry where anyone could come in and see them. Evil stinking filthy disgusting corpses. I sneered at the ponies in front of me.
“I will protect my dear Fluttershy from all this. You see. I will!”

Pinky was actually looking serious as I slowly hovered the knives in front of me. “I’ll clean up this mess!”
Twilight was standing steadfast.

“Rarity. What did you do?”
I smiled.

“It was a Very Satisfying Thud!”

Magic flew fast and furious, the knives and every item of metal, including spatulas and calendars launching themselves through the air at the errant problems! Pinky, dashing into a nearby cupboard managed to close the door behind her just as a volley of knives and forks embedded themselves into it! I screamed!
“I WILL CLEAN UP THIS MESS!” And continued the volley.

Twilight just stood there. The arrogant whore of the queen, so resplendant in her knowledge and magic, divine in all her snotty nosed arrogance. Her wasn’t even Mussed! Every item I threw at her simply rebounded as the Princess’s special pet used small simply spells to deflect every attack.

“What happened to you.” Twilight was asking in an unreasonably calm voice.
“Nothing I Can’t Handle!” I demanded back, as if my voice was enough to make it so. I screamed again and in my rage the magic amplified my voice, the shockwave rushing towards Twilight, only to rebound off a shield and smash through the kitchen wall.
“You are not stronger than me.” The arrogant bookworm goaded.
I scowled, catching my breath.

“I killed them!” I confessed, “Ha ha ha, yes! I killed them - I Killed Them!” I laughed maniacly, “It’s my Fault! The whole thing, I he he, I - I ha ha ha ha ha !” I glared, suddenly focused.

“Fluttershy will never find out! No wittnesses!”

Staring, I spread my hooves wide and lowered my head as though to charge, and began summoning my magic.
“Rarity, don’t do this! I can help! We can make this better!”
“I’ve already done that!” I retorted, and sent a blast of my magic at Twilight with as much force as I could muster.

I grinned. Twilight was too late raising her power, too slow. Too bound by friendship! It felt like a weight coming off my shoulders as the blast of energy ripped towards Twilight and blasted the arrogant mare off her feet and through the wall. Never mind that part of the wall was taken with it. It would be easy to clean up, compared to everything that had happened earlier today.

Now all that was left was Pinky. The selfish, pitchy, bitchy self proclaimed element of friendship with her impossible abilities and incessant grinning face. I turned around looking for her, to find her sitting in a flowerpot.

“Now for you!” I growled.
“I don’t think so!”

Pinky was smiling, and after a moment I realized she was pointing to the roof. I couldn’t take the risk that Twilight had somehow survived, so I looked.

A large piece of plaster and wood from the upstairs floor hung awkwardly. The room above was, lets see. My mind felt sluggish. It was my bedroom. With my....

“Cupboard!”

I watched as the ceiling, boards, cupboard and all it’s clothing fell towards me along with half the contents of my bedroom. And everything went black.



Scootaloo Rolled her eyes, and scoffed. She sat at a fireplace and it was the night of Nightmare Moon Night. Sweatiebelle and Applebloom were clinging to each other beside the campfire where, on this fright night the three of them gathered. Across the way, Fluttershy and Rarity sat staring at the fire. Rarity had her head resting on her hooves and Fluttershy sat on the ground, with her legs crunched up and her front hooves holding them against her body, as though to keep out the cold.

“That story isn’t scary!” Scootaloo scoffed.
“Applebloom di’nt scream even once! And Fluttershy don’t even look scared!!” She poked holes at the other ponies present..

Looking at the trio I smirked at Sweetiebell burying her face into Appleblooms stomach and trying to act small.
“Are you okay sister?” I asked Sweetie cautiously. She shook her head.
“Why did you have to be the villain of the story!”
I Shrugged.
“It’s totally not fair!”

“That’s the way the story happened!” Fluttershy replied simply.
Putting my arm across her shoulder I tried to hug her, only to have my friend duck out from underneath and scoot away from me.
“So, in the end was all of them actually dead?” Applebloom inquired, “Even you?”

“Obviously not Scootie, it didn’t h-happen! Did it?” Applebloom choked a nervous laugh. “Ah mean yeah, is a scary talling but the tew of ya are clearly live! So is clearly just faken!”

“Yes, but this is Fiction!” Scootaloo responded, Applebloom was trying to soothe the still distressed Sweetiebelle.

“Good fiction too, though it weren’t nowhere as scary as the Headless Pony!”

Sighing and shrugging Rarity and Fluttershy looked at each other.
“Actually, Applejack was only knocked unconscious and Twilight survived! Although my friend that Rarity struck at the beginning didn’t recover.” Fluttershy was glaring at me.
I shrugged. “It’s all over now, the entire mess had been sorted. And it no longer matters who knows my tale!”
Sweetiebelle was calming down now, thank goodness.

“Shall we start cooking some marshmallows then?” Scootaloo suggested, “Before we do another tale?”
“S-Sure!” Applebloom pushed the twitchy Sweatiebelle away from her and picked up the packets of marshmallows, handing one each to her friends before reaching across the small campfire to the older ponies.

Looking across the fire at Fluttershy we both nodded and, together, reached for the packets

Our hooves passing through them like mist through a siv.
Applebloom’s hoof started to shake.
The marshmallows caught fire.