• Published 15th Oct 2012
  • 2,301 Views, 74 Comments

Friendship is shocking - Dragon363

  • ...
26
 74
 2,301

The brotherhood

24 hours later)
(Coles PoV)
(At the Brotherhood tournament)

After I had convinced Zeke to come to the brotherhood tournament, we have arrived at the sign up clip board about 20 minutes before sign up is over and 1 hour before the tournament. I looked at the sheet and saw that there were 4 teams not including me and Zeke. I found that peculiar, but not strange enough to call off entering this tournament. Zeke and me signed up then went to the waiting area and looked at the other teams. There were two guys in red and white striped suits. (We know then we don’t like them its film flam brothers.) Then rest were earth ponies the two that I thought would give us trouble were the unicorns in the suits, the only reason is they have magic and that is always a game changer.
(1 hour 20 minutes later)
Me and Zeke got to the first event which was an obstacle course. I was thinking Oh god Zeke’s worst enemy exercises. When me and Zeke got to the starting line we got ready to race when a ref stops the competition. Then I hear over the old the fashion megaphone, “I’m sorry to say this, but Zeke Dunbar and Cole MacGrath are disqualified.” Ok I’m not mad, little ticked off sure. I then went to the ref who was holding the old fashion megaphone and asked, “Why are we disqualified?”
The ref said, “The reason is that you Mr. MacGrath are not even in the slightest way related to Mr. Dunbar in anyway shape of form, which by the rule of the Brotherhood rule set back when Ponyville was first founded. “
I asked, “Then you could do me the favor of defining what a brother is and maybe I can counter said disqualification and make you look like a dumb ass” I turn to a donkey that was at the score keeping area next to us. “No offence”
The donkey said, “None taken “
The Ref said bringing out the book that’s title was the Brotherhood tournament rule book, “The books definition of a brother is somepony that is related to you by blood of by parent’s marriage or adoption. Now Mr. MacGrath try and make me look like a fool”
I smiled and said, “Ok you gave me the dictionary version, now I’m giving you the real definition of a brother. A brother is a pony who is with you through thick and thin. A brother is a pony who will risk his life just to save you’re flank from trouble. A brother is you best friend. The most important thing a brother is. Is that a brother is someone you can count on for any occasion and he has you’re trust.” I waited for the Ref’s ruling on me and Zeke being in or not.
The ref said, “Ok you can be in if you can pass this test”
Zeke walked beside me and said, “I’m up for showing up the ego ref if you are”
I nodded and said “We are both ready what is the test?”
The ref smiled and said, “Your test is that you have to take well a real test made by the other and you must answer them and if you both get the other’s 100% right then you will be able to compete. so you ready to take the test?"

Me and Zeke both nodded in unison.

Author's Note:

Sorry if the chapter sucks