• Published 8th Nov 2012
  • 1,693 Views, 60 Comments

Visitor from Another World - Novus Ordo Seclorum



A physicist from Earth figures out how to travel to the fictional realm.

  • ...
1
 60
 1,693

Chapter 3: The Sons of Chaos

Chapter 3

The Sons of Chaos

Pinkie Pie was anxious to meet the new guy; it had been a month and she hadn’t so much as said hello! In her defense, though, he hadn’t even been into town yet, so his surprise welcome hadn’t occurred yet. It was Pinkie’s policy, however, that after one month, a party be thrown, whether the new pony had been into town or not. Well, that was actually something she had come up with just now, but that wasn’t the point; he had been here a month, and dag nabbit, he was getting a surprise welcome!

Everypony had been telling her not to go, however; some said he wasn’t even a pony! But you know better: Fluttershy wouldn’t have taken care of him if he wasn’t friendly and nice! So, here she was, bouncing down the trail that led to his makeshift abode. As his house came into view, Pinkie slowed to a stealthy crawl. She crept slowly towards him, and had almost made it to him, when her leg slid into an unexpected hole in the ground, and she let out a surprised, “Oof!”

Dr. Drake spun around, saw Pinkie sprawled awkwardly across the ground, and failed to suppress a chuckle. “Here, let me help you with that.”

“Nope! I’ve got it!” Pinkie said cheerfully, and managed to wriggle her way out of the hole. Brushing herself off, she said, “Hi, I’m Pinkie Pie! Who are you? What brings you to Ponyville? Why are you way out here instead of in town? What’s that shiny thing over there? Do you have anything that needs unpacking? How lomph ouf gufa tah?”

Pinkie had many more questions to ask, but she decided it would be too hard with a hoof—no, not a hoof. A paw?—anyway, it would be too hard to ask her questions with whatever that thing was over her mouth.

“No more questions, please. I am absolutely filled up to the brim with questions; I do not need any more.” Dr. Drake slowly removed his hoof-paw-thing-y from Pinkie’s mouth, and stepped back. “Now, did you need to see me about something?”

“Oh, yes!” Pinkie said enthusiastically. “You need your ‘Welcome to Ponyville’ party!” With that, she began opening her Party Pack.

“Oh, dear God, please, no loud, high-pitched noises, Pinkie Pie!” Dr. Drake immediately covered his ears in anticipation.

Pinkie paused and glanced up at him. “Why not?” she asked. “I like loud, high-pitched noises!”

“Yes, well, I don’t,” he replied tersely. Returning to his equipment, he queried, “How’s the Super Element Scanner doing, Twilight?”

On the other side of Dr. Drake’s house, Twilight responded, “The screen is fuzzy, and it keeps reporting various amounts of ridiculous names, like ‘neodymium’, ‘terbium’, and ‘thorium’.”

Dr. Drake started. “Neodymium? Thorium? Those are all rare Earth metals. Does that mean…is there any uranium, per chance?”

Twilight scanned down the list. “No, I don’t see any....There’s a ‘20-kg’ deposit of ‘radium’ somewhere thataway, though.” She gestured idly to the west.

Dr. Drake shook his head in frustration. “No, radium doesn’t have enough radioactive potential. I’d need about a ton of it, and that won’t fit in my transporter.”

Pinkie was watching the conversation intently; so intently, in fact, that she didn’t notice the figure sneaking up on the group….

“Okay, now it’s reading ‘pineapple’, ‘pudding’, and one ‘itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka-dot bikini’. What is going on?”

Dr. Drake jumped over and looked at the monitor. “I don’t know, it shouldn’t be doing that. This is total chaos!”

Pinkie immediately started jumping up and down. “Ooh, like that Discord guy?”

A voice behind them said, “Very good!”

All three of them turned around sharply to meet the figure. It looked like an entire zoo, combined into one creature.

Discord,” Twilight hissed vehemently.

The draconequus chuckled. “Good, guess, my dear Twilight…but you’re wrong. I am not Discord.”

“And neither am I!” another voice proclaimed.

Spinning around again, the trio saw another draconequus, this one larger than the first.

Mildly frightened, Twilight stammered, “W-what do you want?”

The first draconequus replied, “We’re looking for our father.”

The second said, “We know you saw him last.”

“You will help us find him—”

“—and free him—”

“—or you will face—”

“—the full wrath—”

“—of the sons of Chaos.”

The last phrase they said together, as they had stepped closer and closer to the group.

They were the last words Pinkie remembered before she blacked spaced out.