• Published 31st Dec 2011
  • 1,098 Views, 8 Comments

Roof of the World - FireHawk



Yes this is an HiE but im trying to make it as original as possible

  • ...
 8
 1,098

Chapter 2

NOTE: I will soon be removing this story to undergo HEAVY revistion. im not happy with it at all and im going to be changing the story some. thanks to anyone that read this story. expect the new vertion up sometime nex week.



Roof of the world Chapter 2


Rainbow Dash's day had not gone well at all. First of all she had to watch over her cousin and, since he wasn't as good a flyer as her, she couldn't practice her stunts. Then Twilight had called a meeting with there friends and, since Fluttershy had to tend to the animals, she had to bring her cousin with her. It would not have been very bad if FireStorm hadn't constantly asked questions about Ponyville and the ponies who lived there.

After that she had to be a part of some stupid spell that, of course, Twilight messed up and brought two aliens into the library. Lastly the one that had been conscious freaked out and, when it touched FireStorm, they both flew into the air and passed out. Now she had to help carry the stupid alien to Twilight guest bed because Twilight was unconscious when they got back to the library. Meanwhile the other alien woke up and started freaking out! It only calmed down when Fluttershy finally got to the library. She managed to get it to stop throwing things, but then it just ran upstairs looking for the other one. After it found the big ones stuff it began dumping everything out of some weird looking saddlebags. Rainbow had lost interest by then and was napping on a branch of the library.

Today was definitely not a good day for her.


--------------------------------------------------------------

I awoke some time later in a very comfy bed. I could tell I had been moved. The first sense that returned to me was my hearing. Unfortunately there wasn't much to hear, other than some birds chirping, and I think I heard a dog bark once. Then came sight, I looked down to see that I was now wearing a black V-neck shirt and a pair of comfortable blue jeans that I had packed. Then i took some time to glance at the room i was currently situated in. Some dusty old books, a candle burning down, a small purple horse writing a letter, shelves and shelves of......at this point I expected the flying spaghetti monster to reach through the open window and eat me. After that was speech, which proved to be ineffective as well due to the oxygen mask that covered my mouth.

Against my better judgment I groaned and tried to roll over, only to gasp at the sharp pain I experienced on my back. The purple horse looked my way and said something I didn't understand. It spoke..... but what did it say? I thought as I lay back down in the bed which, by the way, was way to short for me as my feet were hanging off the end.

The thing repeated it unintelligible statement and I heard an equally strange response come from behind a door I had not noticed. Was it calling for someone? Is that even possible? Hell anything was possible now, I had been abducted and held hostage (maybe) by horses!

The sound of hooves clopping up to the door reached my ears, but this sounded like more than one horse. I also heard heavy footfalls that could have only come from a pair of boots. As they reach the door I sat up in the bed, carful not to touch my back. The first of the horses walked through the door, only to be hit in the muzzle by a book, thrown by yours truly. The orange creature yelped in a mixture of pain and surprise, it's hat fell to the floor and it attempted to escape back the way it came. However it's path was blocked by the figure in the door. She was wearing a light green t-shirt and a pair of blue jeans and was, like me, still wearing her oxygen mask.

She mumbled something I couldn't understand thru the mask and began to help the orange horse back to it's hooves. Why is she helping it? I thought. She then walked over to my small bed while the horse glared daggers at me. She took a little chalkboard and began to scribble something on it. It read: does your mask have a built in radio? I nodded and she wrote down her frequency. A few adjustments later and her voice came thru the earpiece.

"Hello? Can you hear me?" she asked

"Yea loud and clear." I said while the purple horse came closer to inspect my bag, which had apparently been dumped all over the floor spilling most of its contents, which included a larg hunting knife, a few bottles of water, my laptop, and a GPS.

"Good now first things first."She said. She then proceeded to slap me in the face. I recoiled in shock more than pain, and stared at her with disbelieving eyes.

"What the he'll was that for?!?!" I yelled, meanwhile the orange horse in the hat began to chuckle.

"I think you already kno......" Her voice faded and she wasn't speaking anymore. Instead she was staring at my back, eyes huge and unblinking.

"What? I got something on my back?" I said following her gaze as best as I could. I could see only a bit of red, which I assumed was blood. However then the red suddenly twitched. I panicked and threw myself off the bed, ignoring the pain I ran to the nearby bathroom and hoped it had a mirror. Turns out it did and what I saw made my blood run cold. My hair had changed coloures. It was now pich black were it used to be a dirty blond, and it had a bright red streak running though the center. My gaze traveled down the length of my neck, no change there, my eyes stopped at my back.I turned my body and my fears were confirmed. Wings. I had wings. They were blood red like the horse I touched, the total length of the wings was about 14 feet and were attached just below the shoulder blades. Naturally I reacted like any sensible person would.

"WHAT THE FUCK?!?! WHAT DID THOSE FUCKING HORSES DO TO ME!?!?" I screamed, running back out to the bedroom and past the startled creatures, who were also screaming as they tried to avoid me. The girl, who had been attempting to converse with the orange hat wearing one, got up and attempted to calm me down. I was having none of it tho, and managed to dodge her. I reached my backpack and grabbed my hunting knife out of the side pocket. I brandished the knife and swung at anything that got too close as i made my way to the exit, only to be stopped by a commanding voice. I turned to face this new threat, which happened to be a butter coloured horse. I froze as a pair of light blue eyes bore into mine. Everything around me faded to black exept those eyes. I couldn't make my body react. It felt as tho I was only a spectator in someone's body. I heard a voice speaking to me however what it said was lost to me, it sounded something like: Lokire! The meaning was not lost to my body however, and I sat down on the floor without a second thought. The voice, which I realized was coming from the owner of the eyes, said "Alkter nhal biek!" My hand slowly unclenched and the knife slipped from my grasp, meanwhile the rest of the horses and the unnamed girl sat in awe of the little yellow horse controlling my mind. The yellow horse broke eye contact for a split second and I felt control return to me. I still sat trying to slow my heart rate and get my bearings.

"What the hell was that?"I asked still sitting on the floor, while the yellow winged horse began moving to me. The butter colored pegasus sat next to me and started stroking my hair while speaking softly. I couldnt understand what it was saying, but i suddenly felt very...safe.

"Whoa" Said the girl "That was weired. She kinda just stared you down."

But i wasnt paying any attention to the girl. No i was to busy hugging the yellow pegasus. "It's so cute! Look at it!" I said. The horse giggled. It giggled! "Ha! Did you hear that?"

"Yea i know, ive been with the ponies all day while you recovered." She said

"Ponies?"I asked

"Yea what did you think they were? There to short to be horses."

I grinned shepishly "Heh, no thats dumb" I said, my voice trailing off near the end of my sentece."Well anyway my names Jackson Skye." I said, getting up from the floor while still holding the yellow pegasus. It let out a small squeak when i stood up and i felt a slight pain in my chest.

She extended her hand and I took it in mine. "Nice to meet you Jackson, im Sandra Stoneheart."

"Stoneheart? Cool name."I said, putting the yellow pony down. It left my side and trotted over to the others and they began speaking to eachother. "Wait did you say she? how can you tell?"

"Well compared to the males it was kinda obvious."She said

"You saw a male?"

"Yea well when we got....wherever we are, there was this unconcious red pegasus, come to think of it your wings look alot like his. By the way, you seem way too calm right now."

"Huh your right. I dont know, mabey it was that yellow pony? What if they have like...powers!" I said, however as soon as I said it I realized how ridiculous it sounded.

"What like, magic ponies?"She asked "That doesnt make any sense at all!" I turned so she could see the wings that were resting on my back. "Yea I see your point." She said

The ponies, meanwhile, had grouped together and were chatting to themselves. The purple one, however, was off by herself. The horn on her head began to glow with a slight purple light that soon encompased a quill and paper, both of which began floating and the quill started writing on the paper.

"Whoa look!" I said pointing to the floating objects. "I was right!" I walk over to where the letter was being writen and stared at it, eyes wide, and mouth open. She noticed this and gave me a very confused look bofore calling out for somthing. A faint grumbling sound could be heard as the door once again opened. I expected another pony to come trotting in, so you can imagine my suprise when a small, purple and green, scaled, bipedel creature walked through the door, mumbling to himself with a very annoyed look on his face. My jaw hit the floor and the first thing I thought was: Is that a dragon?!?! No no thats not possible. Its probably just some overgrown lizard. Besides, its kinda small.

The lizard looked my way and stopped moving. It stared at me for a moment before moving to the purple pony. They talked for a while and the letter rolled itself up and was given to the lizard. "Hey Sandra" I asked"You've been awake longer than me, what's the lizard thing doing?"

"How should I know? You havent been asleep that long, only like a few hours."

"Really? What did you do?" I asked, while I began puting my belongings back into my backpack. I never got an answer, because as soon as I had finished speaking, there was a explosion of green light. Looking to the source I caught a glimpse of a trail of green fire moving out the open window. "The hell was that?" I said, making my way to the window.

Sandra began shaking her head."This place just keeps getting better by the second." She said. I was about to ask her if there was any other crazy shit I sould know about, when I was suddenly blinded by a brilliant flash of light acompanied by a slight POP. As I stumbled around trying to regain my sight, i felt myself collide with a rather soft object. My vision cleared and I looked up, stunned at what I saw. I was leaning against at tall bleach white pony with wings and a horn. On her head sat a golden crown, glittering brilliantly in the sunlight, with a very large purple gem embeded in the center. Her hair was the most striking feature, however. It was a curious mix of blues, geens, and pinks, and looked as tho it was stuck in an eternal wind. I also noticed that she had a sort of mark on her flank, which looked like a cartoon sun. My breathing sped up and I backed away from the creature, who looked in my direction with a brow raised. I turned and sought out the yellow pegasus, who was currently bowing to the tall...unisus? I sat myself next to her and held her to me. She was a bit suprised, but began reasuring me once she saw the look on my face. It was then that I noticed there was another of the pegacorns. This one was a very deap blue, and an almost black crown sat atop her regal head. her hair, like the white one's, seemed to shimmer and wave. Her mark resembled that of a creasent moon with splaters of black behind it.

The white one's horn began glowing and I felt a kind of...understanding between me and the alicorn. Wait how did I know to call her an alicorn? I thought. The alicorn opened her mouth and began speaking in perfect english.

"I am Princess Celestia and this is my sister: Princess Luna."