• Published 14th Oct 2012
  • 451 Views, 3 Comments

One Of The Same - Emily_Is_Bunnii



This is a story MLP:FIM style of me meeting my one true love!

  • ...
 3
 451

That One Time We Met

That One Time We Met

By: Emily_Is_Bunnii

Ponyville has gone through many things ever since Twilight Sparkle came to town. The elements had been found, needing to be used twice on the event of the world being *almost* taken over for eternities of unwanted things. It has dealt with nature, disaster, and different pony’s life shattering problems. A variety of people enjoy the environment of Ponyville. Never a dull moment, but there is never a time where there isn’t new people weaving in and out. This story is about a filly, and how Ponyville and its inhabitants had changed her life forever.

On an early Saturday morning, a young winged filly named Emmaline Bunn was awoken by the sound of the birds outside her window. She smiled as she thought ‘Another day, another chance!’ She got up, and put on her cloak. She was about to walk out of her room when she caught a glance at herself in the mirror behind her door. She saw a very light purple body with a forward-spiked mane that consisted of an aquamarine and a color that resembled a mixture of purple and dark pink. Her coat was a very light, airy purple. Her wings stretched out, barely even passing the height of her head, let alone her intriguing hairstyle. She reached her front left hoof back to lift up the cloak to reveal an unfortunately….
Blank Flank.

Or at least that’s what everypony called her. She didn’t have her cutie mark yet, and at this age, this little pony thought that she would never get it. Everypony else had gotten their cutie mark when they were a lot younger. Her good mood was instantly ruined, because today was Cutie Mark Showcase day at her new school. She’s been at this school for a while now, a little more than a year. She has a few friends, but not the kind of people she would trust with her life, but just people to hang out with. Even they are mean to her.

Emmaline predicted her day from that moment on; It’ll be filled with fake smiles, and hurt feelings. She decided to do what she’s been told to do… Keep calm and carry on. It’ll be over soon, the day will go by quickly. At least she hoped it would. She just has to work on developing herself rather than worry about what other people think. None of them even knew her.

She walked downstairs, glancing up from the floor to see her Mom lean out from the kitchen with her poofy sunflower yellow hair flopping to the side to say good morning. The familiar smell of sunflower seeds greeted Emmaline’s nose. “Morning, Mom. What’s for breakfast, another one of your specialty?” Emmaline asked. “Yup, and today we’re going to have Sunflower Seed Cake! I’d think that you’d need a nice sugar rush to start off the day. Especially today…” Emmaline didn’t reply because she already knew what she meant, but mother knows best- Always. At least that’s one thing in her life that’s been a continuous thing.

“Are you alright, my little honey bun? How are you feeling?” Her mother asked, wiping some flour off of her sky blue coat. “Yeah, I’m fine, I’m just… Really tired. I don’t think I’ve woken up yet.” Emmaline said. “Oh… Well, this surgar rush will wake you up in a jiffy!” She said, while putting the cake in the oven. Emmaline’s mother, Sunny Side, was the owner of a sunflower farm named Sunny Field’s, and Emmaline always liked the different things you could do with sunflowers. She’s treated illnesses, cured hunger pains and brightened up a home with them. But unlike the famous Applejack, Emmaline was not going to inherit her mother’s love for those grand plants.

Thinking back to her mother, Emmaline looked up and said “Thanks Mom, we haven’t had this in a while. I didn’t know you could have it for breakfast!” Emmaline sat at the table, waiting for her slice to be ready. “Well to be honest, it’s not supposed to be eaten in the morning. But us girls, when we need a rush, we need a rush!” Emmaline always loves how her mother deals with things. She always knows how to make her and others feel so much better when they really need that boost.

A ding went off, and Sunny Side opened up the oven, letting the amazing aroma seep through the kitchen. “Wow, mom that smells awesome! There has to be one of your special ingredients in it!” Emmaline said, letting the scent and the comfort bring her mood back up. “Well, of course there is. But in due time you’ll find out what that is, you’re not ready to take on the oven without it!” Sunny Side said. “But Mom, why not? Just as long as I know how to put everything together, and I know how to set the right time and temperature or whatever, I’ll be fine. Just let me cook for at least one day, please?” Emmaline pleaded. “No honey bun, not yet. Soon though, don’t worry. Now, finish up and get your bag or you’ll be late for school!” Emmaline dropped the subject, and ate her breakfast. She enjoyed every bite, knowing that she won’t be hungry for the rest of the day.

Emmaline put her plate up, gave her mom a hug and grabbed her bag from the floor beneath her seat. She threw it on her back and carried it out the door. Now that Emmaline was outside in the cold fall weather, the faith in her dwindled again. How was she supposed to go throughout the day without being upset? ‘Oh well,’ she thought. ‘I’ll just do what I always do. I’ll just blend into the background and not bring too much attention to myself.’ Emmaline walked down the long drive and waited at the bottom for the bus.


Emmaline stepped off the bus and looked around. Everybody was practicing speeches and showing off their cutie marks already. Emmaline tightened her cloak around her waist and walked into the classroom. Miss Cheerilee looked at Emmaline, smiled and said “Why, good morning Emmaline Bun! How was your weekend? Are the leaves falling at your farm yet?” Emmaline faked a smile back and said “Oh, my weekend was fine. And yeah, the leaves are practically all off the trees now- leaving one major mess, all over the yard! I gotta ask Applebloom if I can either borrow some tools from her farm, or borrow Applejack and Big Macintosh, my mom and I can’t do this by ourselves.” Miss Cheerilee nodded, and stood up as everypony sat down. “Alright my little ponies! Did anyone remember what today is?” A filly in the back of the class said “Sloppy Joe day?” The class laughed and Miss Cheerilee said “No, It is Cutie Mark Showcase day! Who wants to go first?” The whole class except Emmaline volunteered. Miss Cheerilee started picking ponies, and the rest of the day melted before Emmaline’s eyes. Pony, after pony, after pony went to the front of the class and by lunch time the whole class was fighting over whose cutie mark was better than the others. Emmaline said not one word to anypony through the rest of the day. Everypony went back to class to finish up the showcase.

After a long day of feeling inadequate, Miss Cheerilee finally stated that class was almost over. “I enjoyed seeing all the different backgrounds to each cutie mark, and for the ones who don’t have them yet- Don’t worry! You’ll get them really soon!” That didn’t make Emmaline feel any better about herself though, as true as it was. The only thing she had to do now was visit Applejack.

Emmaline took her time on the walk through town, since her mother actually didn’t let her walk through that often. She liked seeing the sights that Ponyville had to offer. She looked onto sugar cube corner and saw Pinkie Pie giving away free samples of a brand new treat she had made. Emmaline walked further and saw Twilight Sparkle come out from a book shop with Spike. Emmaline didn’t see anypony else though, she had drifted into her own little world as she walked on. It was one of those times where you’re conscious about where you’re going and your surroundings; you just don’t realize who exactly is within these spaces. When Emmaline started seeing the dirt road of Sweet Apple Acres, she looked up and regained proper knowledge of where she was. Emmaline was right at the gate of this wonderfully friendly farm. Emmaline genuinely smiled for the first time in a while that day.

Emmaline excitedly hopped through the fence and walked up to Applejack, who was bucking a tree’s apples down. “Well hay there Sugar Cube, how’s it goin’? Ya need somethin’?” Applejack said. “Well, yeah actually. I do need something. Do you have anything that could help get rid of leaves? My farm is spreading out leaves faster than me and my mom can rake them!” Emmaline replied. “Well, I dunno about us havin’ somethin’ you could by chance use… Except us! Me and Big Mac’ll be down there in two bounds!” Applejack enthusiastically said. “Thanks Applejack! Come on down whenever you… Oh, I think you’re needed again though.” Emmaline looked behind her to find another pony walking up the drive. It was a winged stallion, a very handsome one at that with a smooth and sleek mane with a black and white theme. He wore a classy vest, with a monocle that covered his left eye. Its shading didn’t mask the amazing sparkle in his eyes. His wings had a very large span across his back, but they were down and protruded behind him and even beyond his high raised short tail. It was so short, but so straight, that it stuck out like a spike from behind him. It was intimidating, but attractive.

It felt like Emmaline had been staring at him forever as he started to talk to Applejack about buying apples. Except what really surprised Emmaline is that this pony was a blank flank just like her. Emmaline looked away to gather her thoughts. She was confused. She had only seen this pony for a few seconds and her heart was racing like a bird’s. Emmaline wanted to know who this pony was.

Applejack turned back to Emmaline and confirmed that she would be visiting soon. Applejack walked away, and put a barrel on her back to carry to the barn. The stallion glanced over and Emmaline and the look of utter curiosity grasped him. Emmaline looked up from the ground back to him, and all she could see was the left side of his face as he turned to leave. He didn’t move beyond that. They both stared at each other for what seemed like eternity, even though it was only a few seconds. After that span of time, the stallion finally realized he was staring and turned his head away, breaking the glare. Emmaline did the same. She looked back at his flank and observed the white space that some sort of icon should be in. He noticed this and turned his back side away as well. Emmaline heard him say to himself “I knew I should’ve worn my trousers today.”

She noticed that he was not from here, he was from Canterlot. She knew he was fancy, but not Canterlot fancy! Breaking out of her timid shell, she said “Wow, what an accent. Canterlot I’m assuming?” He lifted his head and nodded. “Yes, actually… I’ve came down here because I heard about Sweet Apple Acres, and from what I heard, it was the best place to go for good quality apples. I took the chance I could to come. I’m glad I did, seeing as the women down here can have a very… certain style about themselves.” Emmaline glanced up at the cliff of hair she had, and blushed. Her white-ish purple freckles were exposed with such a contrast of colors. He giggled, and said “Well, I’d better introduce myself if I’m going to say such things to you. My name is Zee, Zee Whitewolf. And you are?” Emmaline smiled shyly as she replied “My name is Emmaline Bunn. I’ve never actually met a pony from Canterlot; I’ve only seen them from afar. How is it there? Are the ponies up there really as proper as some ponies say they are?”
“Well, some of them can be. I’m one of the one’s who isn’t, but I can really imitate them fairly well. Wanna see?” Zee said, obviously becoming amused. “Sure!” Emmaline replied. Zee switched his facial expression completely over to a smug, uptight look about himself. He strutted over to the cow in the fence and acted revolted. “Oh! Why on Eaarrrthhh would one allow such a creature in their household? A home is for ponies, not a filthy cow!” Zee stomped his foot at the last word and then lost all composition he had. He literally fell on the ground because he was laughing so hard.
“Oh god, I must say I’m surprised I did so well on that without smirking. How would you say I did?” Zee asked. Emmaline was trying hard to not laugh during her reply, but managed to say “Well, uh I’d think…-giggle- that you did pretty well. I’ve seen how they act and I’d say you’re… Spot on!” Zee giggled at Emmaline using that terminology. “Oh my, you’re enjoyable. Would you like to meet up again sometime? I’ll be down here for another day or so, depending on how I… Like my stay.” Zee said, adding in that flirting tone. “I would love to help you enjoy your stay in Ponyville. It’s been a while since I’ve actually had someone to hang out with.”
Emmaline immediately regretted that statement. She didn’t want to give out too much information. But Zee looked at her with a kind of pity, but a sort of interest, one that a helpful friend would give you if they heard something they didn’t think sounded right. “Well then ponies are missing out. I’ve only just met you and I enjoy your company, I enjoy it very much. Do you think you could give me an exclusive tour of Ponyville, Miss Emmaline?” Emmaline blushed again, hearing him say her name in that accent was quite enjoyable to the ears. “Yes, I can do that. Where would you want to go to first?” Emmaline asked. “Well, I would love it if you could take me through town. Nowhere specific, just a light tour, but if there’s a certain area you’d want an outsider like me to note down, then by all means tell me. I’m fascinated with this town already.” They smiled at each other, and Emmaline gave the signal to follow her.

As they walked through town, Zee talked about where he came from, upon request. “So what is it really like in Canterlot? Do you live alone, or with somebody? What about school how’s that going for you?” Zee laughed again, so amused at how many questions this pony asks. “Well, I live with my parents, and we go out a lot. There’s a lot to see up there, but I’d rather be without the people. All the older people are smug, and not very friendly. The only way to get along with any of them is to be like them, and that’s why I’m an outcast. They almost shun me from a lot of things because of my outgoing nature. I won’t hesitate to say what needs to be said. My parents are the cause of that. They aren’t like all the rest of them either. Also, I don’t go to school.” Emmaline stopped him right there and asked “Really? Why not, I mean how do you have classes or learn stuff?” Zee replied with “Well, I’m home schooled. I don’t go to a regular school. My Mother teaches me all I need to know. I like it, being able to chill out at home but not be a couch bug. And I get to do more things like this, come to different towns and meet different people. And if everyone is at least a bit like you, then I think I’ll really enjoy it here!” Emmaline giggled at the compliment. She was really starting to like this stallion. “Well, no. Nobody is really like me. There are a lot of different kinds of people, but I doubt there is anybody like me.” She said.
Zee contemplated this, and then said “Well of course. If everybody was exactly like you, well that would be nice but not… Too nice, you understand? I like variety. But that’s the thing- You are a variety! So if everybody had their own sense like you do, then… Well, that’s what I meant…” Zee seemed to be tripping over his words by now. Emmaline found this surprising, such a collective pony becoming nervous. “Yeah I understand, ha-ha. But yeah, there are a lot of different ponies here. Almost too much, it’s hard to find that one special pony with so many traits floating around…”

Emmaline hesitated, but decided to ask “Speaking of which, do you… Have a special pony?” Zee glanced at Emmaline and shook his head, his smooth mane gliding around. “No, unfortunately not. Nopony seems to match what I want. I’m not necessarily picky; I just want a girl who I can really share things with. Very special things. What about you, anypony in mind?” Emmaline sighed and said “No. Nopony.” Emmaline had a depressing flash of how everybody but her was happy. “Oh… Well, don’t worry. We’ll find some pony for us. It’s bound to happen eventually, especially with you…” Emmaline looked up at him and asked what he meant by that. All the other ponies around them seemed to fade away as the two continued their walk, forgetting about the tour all together. “Well I mean that you’re not like the other girl ponies. I don’t see you to be the kind of gal to be so naive and go with any pony who’s willing, you seem to know to wait. You have a certain glow about you that I’m sure many have noticed. It’s a very bright, friendly and caring aura. I enjoy just standing here because of it. Somepony is going to notice it very well, and it’s going to impact them in that way, and they’ll go after you, I’m sure.” Zee smiled at her, filling Emmaline’s stomach with butterflies. “Wow… Thanks, Zee… That, that meant a lot.” Emmaline stuttered. “My pleasure. But uh, excuse my diversion but… where are we now?”
Emmaline looked around, surveying the scene. “Oh, we’re at Sugar Cube Corner. It’s where the sweetshop is. It was the first real shop built in this town, that’s why this street is named that. Did you know-“A clash of a door slamming open sounded around the square, and sure enough Pinkie Pie came bounding down the street to meet the new guy. “OH!! Another new pony! Hi, how are you? My names Pinkie Pie, I just totally love new ponies! Oh what’s your name? You’re not very colorful, you know that? Is your name PANDA BEAR!!?? That would be so cool!!!” Zee looked like he about had a heart attack. “Woah, hello there! Uh, uhm… My name is Zee Whitewolf… Uhh, I know I’m not very colorful not much I can do ‘bout that… Gosh, you scared me. But uh, nice to meet you either way…” Pinkie Pie exploded again. “So whatcha doin’? Oh hey Emma! You’ve met Zee right? Oh what a fun name! Zee rhymes with he! He is Zee! HA! ZeeHee! Teehee! ME!! Zee me? SEE me? Oh I feel French!” Zee glanced at Emmaline and signaled to walk around her. Emmaline nodded and the both side stepped around Pinkie Pie, who was still going on about whatever came to her mind at that moment. It took her a while to realize that they were gone. When the pair got safely around the corner, they busted out laughing. “Wow ‘Emma’, you were definitely right about there are different kinds of ponies here! I’ve never met someone so… Excited about meeting people! Is she always like that?” Emmaline finished laughing and said “Yeah, pretty much. Not much we can do about it, it is best if she stays this way… If she’s not happy, then she makes sure no one else is either.” Zee’s eyes widened and said nothing more.