• Published 12th Oct 2012
  • 596 Views, 29 Comments

Ice of a Frost Pony - Princess Cadenza



Sequel to Fire of the Flame Ponies-- After Shredder Boom's defeat, one Flame Pony wasn't defeated.

  • ...
 29
 596

At Fireflight's House

Fireflight's house was pretty enough that Applejack and Rainbow Dash had to gag. Rarity looked at them, then went back to exploring the walls and furnature. Fire rubies lined the walls and the chairs were silver.

''Yeah, yeah, what do you want us to do?'' Rainbow asked.

''Well, I'm sure the Spellements of Charmery have told you. My sister, Fireflier, hasn't been changed. It sounds weird, but it's true,'' Fireflight answered.

''Uh huh,'' Twilight replied. ''Who exactly IS Fireflier, anyway? I mean, what's her talent? What does she sound like? Tell us about her before we go.'' Fireflight nodded.

''Very well, then,'' the Frost Pony said. ''Fireflier's talent is processing Aura's
Magic. In seconds. Aura's Magic used to be used for defeating--''

"Nemeseses,'' Twilight said. ''I mean, tell us about her!''

''If you wish,'' said Fireflight. ''Fireflier is the most powerful Flame Pony ever in Flame Pony history. She was even more powerful than Shredder Boom. I don't exaggerate.''

''More... Powerful...'' Fernflow babbled instinctly.

''Yes,'' Fireflight said. ''She sounds a lot like me. She also can turn invisible with the sunset, so I'd reccomend finding her before sunset.''

''But if she can turn invisible in the sunset, wouldn't she be invisible during sunrise?'' Rainbow asked. Fireflight thought for a moment.

''...I'm not sure... But in case, don't try to defeat her during sunrise either,'' said Fireflight.

''Twilight, for Heaven's Sake, you brought a book with you, remember?'' Rarity reminded Twilight.

''Oops, yes. We'll look through here,'' Twilight said. Twilight flipped through the pages, and found the Table of Contents:

Fireflier, the Powerful Flame Pony.............. See page 118

''Page 118,'' said Twilight. She, once again, flipped through the pages to a blank, yellow page. The only print on it was the number 118 at the way bottom on the very right.

''I don't understand,'' Twilight stated. ''The page was here when we got here. Where'd it go?''

''Maybe some parasprites ate them up again,'' Rainbow said. ''Get it?... 'Eating the Words?' ''

''Rainbow!'' Twilight said. ''This could be important... Especially if it's about Flame Ponies. Besides, you asked if we shouldn't try to defeat her during sunrise.''

''I was just asking a question to pretend I was even listening,'' Rainbow muttered under her breath.

''Uh... What?'' Applejack said, unsure if Rainbow even cared about what they were doing.

''Um, nothing,'' the rainbow mare said.

''I don't see how the book will help you at all,'' said a voice in the house.

''Who was tha--'' Twilight said.

''Sister,'' said Fireflight. ''It has been a long time since I last saw you.''

''In the name of Discord, Fireflight, you don't need to try and be grim on me.''

''And you don't go harrassing on the ponies here. You know what'll happen.''

''Both the Charms and the Elements won't work, sister. You'll find out why,'' said the voice.

''Fireflier?'' asked Fernflow.

''Yes,'' said the Flame Pony. An aura that looked like Shredder Boom flashed in front of Fireflight. A tall Flame Pony took the aura's place.

''What the...'' Twilight stammered. ''I'm sorry, I just thought you wouldn't be so... Big.''

''That's what they all say,'' muttered Fireflier. ''Well, no matter. Neither Charmery nor Harmony will work. I mean, for Pete's Sake, I'm more powerful than that... What's her name?... Shredder Boom.''

''Well, you don't need to go rubbing it in everypony's face,'' Rainbow said. ''That should be my job.''

''But the only thing that anypony can rub in anypony's face is chocolate ca--'' Pinkie said, but was cut off by Twilight.

''Pinkie! We don't have time for that,'' the purple unicorn said.

''Don't you see what I'm trying to say?'' Fireflier said. ''Some ponies are just more powerful than their ruler. Inside.''

''So we could be more powerful than Celestia?'' Rarity whispered to Twilight. Fireflier laughed.

''That all depends. How powerful is your princess anyway?'' Fireflier asked.

''Don't charmspeak us, Fireflier,'' Fireflight said. ''We know you're trying to trick us into just giving Equestria to you.''

''You might be half right, Fireflight,'' said the Flame Pony. ''But I also have the right to change you and the Frost Ponies back to what you were, including Constellia.''

''You won't,'' said Fireflight. ''Because I had Constellia, even though she wouldn't at first, actually build a change-proof spell on every Frost Pony here in Canterlot and Ponyville. So you won't be able to.''

''What did I say about being more powerful than Constellia?'' Fireflier said. ''I mean, yeah, it's not necessary to do it FIRST, but when I gather up way more power than I do now, I WILL.''

''You will not,'' said Fireflight. ''Because the Elements of Harmony AND the Spellements of Charmery are as powerful as you.''

''Once again, you're not listening to me,'' the Flame Pony sighed. ''I said I'll gather up more power than I do now to beat you guys... AND change the Frost Ponies.'' Fireflier's horn glowed like crazy, and Aura's Magic surrounded her. ''See you later.'' And the flame around her rose up and disappeared along with her.

''Well, we won't last long,'' Twilight said. ''I mean, fighting a powerful pony with the power of flame just... You know.''

''Not all of us are afraid of some big, powerful pony,'' Rainbow Dash commented. ''You know we're more powerful than anypony, all nine of us.''

''Well, that last part is right. We're all ponies, and we'll beat Fireflier. I mean, nine Elements is better than six,'' said Rarity.

''Spellements,'' Purity corrected. ''And yeah. One lousy old Flame Pony is no match for nine ponies. Why, since she's outnumbered, I'd say we've already won!''

''And what could go wrong?'' Fernflow asked.

Everything. That's what could go wrong.