• Published 12th Oct 2012
  • 595 Views, 29 Comments

Ice of a Frost Pony - Princess Cadenza



Sequel to Fire of the Flame Ponies-- After Shredder Boom's defeat, one Flame Pony wasn't defeated.

  • ...
 29
 595

Fireflier

''You know, Princess Constellia?'' Fireflight said to Constellia as she set her coffee cup down. ''I haven't seen Fireflier in a while, have you?''

''Well, no,'' Constellia said. ''But you might as well know that she isn't a Flame Pony anymore.''

''How are you sure?'' said Fireflight. ''I mean, there's still a chance that she's still one.''

''Don't exaggerate, Fireflight,'' said Constellia. ''I know that none of us are spirits of fire anymore. Why would she be one?''

''Well, I'm just worried. She wasn't there when we were defeated. Besides, even if she herself was actually there, the powers of Harmony and Charm wouldn't work on her. She's too powerful. More powerful than you,'' Fireflight said. ''And your sister.''

''Fireflight, don't try this with me,'' Constellia warned. Fireflight checked her watch.

''You know what, Constellia? I'm leaving. Good-bye,'' Fireflight said. While Fireflight exited, Constellia made a sound like, ''Hurrumph,'' and sipped her coffee.

At Sugarcube Corner...

''I'm so glad you guys could make it to my Summer - is - Here - and - You - Thought - It - Was - Near - Hearth's - Warming - Eve - and - Defeat - of - the - Flame - Ponies party!'' Pinkie shouted over party music. Scootaloo started a conga line behind her. Pinkie Pie hopped over to her friends' conga line and grabbed onto Fluttershy's shoulders. Fluttershy screamed a little, but then when she saw it was her friend she simply smiled and turned around.

''Dance, sucker, dance! You'll never have a chance!'' blared the music. It was one of Rainbow's old favorites, You're Gonna Go Far Kid Offspring.

Spike, the muffin-maker, run up to Pinkie and Pinkie stepped out of the conga line.

''What is it Spike?'' Pinkie asked.

''It... It... L--Letter...'' Spike panted. He belched and a ball of green fire spewed out of his mouth. A scroll popped out. Twilight walked over.

''This I gotta see!'' she said. She levitated the scroll off of the floor and opened it. It said.

Dear Elements of Harmony,

Hi! It's us, the Spellements of Charmery. Remember Fireflight? She wrote to us in fine print, that a Flame Pony, her sister, has not been changed. She wasn't even there when we defeated Shredder Boom. We now have a new quest to find her sister and change her back to what she truely is; A Frost Pony! Please meet us at Canterlot Towers tonight.

Fernflow, Purity, and Flash Wave.

P.S. Can you also bring some some oatmeal?

''Oh, my. A Flame Pony not defeated? How is that even possible? I thought it was only Scortchfire, Shadowflame, Flamecatcher, Fireflight, Firefringe, and Shredder?'' Twilight asked.

''I don't even have any oatmeal,'' Pinkie said and looked around the room. ''I think I have a bowl here somewhere...''

''Why does oatmeal even matter right now?!'' Twilight shouted. ''And if we want to get to Canterlot Towers tonight, we gotta take the train now!''

The Mane Six told everypony that there was a new emergency in Canterlot and that the party was now over. As soon as everypony left, they closed Sugar Cube Corner and took the long train to Canterlot.

''I'm glad this train isn't so darn hot this time,'' Applejack stated. ''But I'm thirsty. Those potato chips I had were so darn salty.''

''Want another soda, AJ?'' Rainbow asked.

''I think I'll pay for it myself, but thank ya kindly for your generosity, Rainbow,'' Applejack said as she walked into the snack car. Rainbow shrugged and continued playing Tic-Tac-Toe and Chess with Pinkie.

Later, as Twilight Sparkle read through her book about Frost Ponies, Rarity walked over to her to read, too.

''What author wrote this?'' she asked.

''Roserobin,'' Twilight answered.

''These books must be old,'' Rarity said. ''I mean, 500 years ago?''

''These sure are old!'' Twilight replied. ''But not from 500 years ago. More like 60 years ago, but these aren't in print anymore.''

''It looks old,'' Rarity said. ''I mean, the cover's falling apart, pages have turned yellow, and the colors seem a bit, you know, drab.''

''Hey, we're here!'' AJ shouted.

The ponies exited the train and looked at Canterlot. Same old beautiful Canterlot. They walked to Canterlot Ponds, it was almost 6:00 P.M.

''Elements of Harmony! You made it!'' Fernflow greeted them. She led them to a big bench where Purity and Flash Wave were already sitting.

''Well, let's start planning about our adventure. What do you know about Flame Ponies and Frost Ponies?'' Fernflow asked.

''Well, even though we've experienced them, not much yet,'' Twilight replied.

''I see,'' Fernflow said. Twilight levitated a book down on the bench.

''But I did bring a book,'' Twilight said. Pinkie walked over to Purity and Flash Wave.

''Sorry, guys,'' Pinkie said. ''I didn't bring any oatmeal. What did you need it for?''

''It's fine, Pinks,'' Purity replied. ''We just needed it for breakfast tommorow. Besides, I found some already.''

''And guys, we need to see Fireflight, remember?'' said Flash Wave.

''Flash is right, guys,'' Fernflow said. ''We'll take the book with us. Anypony know where Fireflight lives?''

''I do,'' Twilight answered. ''In the mountains over there. It's not too far away.''

''What was the missing Flame Pony's name?'' asked Rainbow.

''Fireflier,'' replied Fernflow.

''No kidding. It sounds a lot like 'Fireflight','' Rainbow said.

''It sure does,'' said Twilight. ''But are we going or what?''

''Fine,'' said the ponies. After about fifteen minutes of walking, they came to a small cave-like house in a mountain, at the bottom.

Twilight rang the fancy white and red doorbell. It startled her by the sound it made. It didn't sound anything like a doorbell, but instead, a loud bang like a piano.

Fireflight opened the door. ''Sorry about the doorbell, guys. It, uh, needs some repairing.''

''It's fine, Fireflight. Anyway, we heard that your sister needed to be brought back,'' Twilight said. Fireflight smiled.

''Of course. Come on in,'' the Frost Pony said.