• Published 4th Nov 2012
  • 886 Views, 17 Comments

Pierrot - suckmyponycock69



A musical 1st person fic in the Rising Sun universe.

  • ...
14
 17
 886

Chapter 1: Usual Days

tick

tock

tick

tock

As usual, the room was quiet as ever, aside from the annoying clock. It looked the same as always. Due to my abundance of free time, I slid off the chair, and stood back on my hooves. I just paced around the room, from one wall, made of drywall and with patterns that seemed to change every time I blinked, to the other wall. My hooves struck against the relatively new oaken floor. I looked towards the clock, vowing that one day I would take that thing and break it with my bare hooves. Or at least throw something at it. On sudden impulse, I went towards the chair, and attempted to lift and throw it. It was bolted to the ground, however. The clock won this round. I looked towards the door, still pacing. I eventually paced towards it, and attempt to open it via kicking it down, but no dice. It was locked tight. Eventually, I grew sick of walking around, and I sat down on the chair and decided to play a game; if this was going how I thought it was going and if I could sit quietly, I would let myself get out of it. With that, I began to wait.

And wait.

And wait.

Eventually, I heard a knock on the door. A hooded guard stallion, whom I grew to welcome the sight of, stepped in. "It's time. Get out here," he said in his usual gruff voice. I obeyed, knowing that not doing as he said would only result in me getting bruised up. Walking outside, I saw the hallway was largely the same as the room I was just in. Same walls, same flooring, but no annoying clocks, thankfully. As we walked silently, I was tempted to talk to him. However, I knew that nearly everything I asked him would earn me a 'I'm not at liberty to say.' The one thing that earned me a different response, however, was 'Why am I here?' Whenever I asked, he would stop, glare at me, and say 'You know why, you sick bastard.' The funny part was that I really didn't. My mental simulation of every conversation we would ever have was interrupted when he suddenly stopped. "We're here. Get in there."

I opened the door. Inside was the all too familiar courtroom. I looked around. There were so many familiar looking ponies in the room, all scowling at me. That's when I remembered the fact that I earned a 'get out of the worst part free.' Like hay I'm doing this, I thought. I braced myself, then bit down on my lip as hard as I could.


I woke up to the taste of rust. My lip was bleeding from biting down on it. It wasn't bad compared to what would have awaited me, but it still stung. I sat up and got off the bed, my hooves landing on the vinyl flooring. I drowsily walked past the walls covered in posters, the stucco almost impossible to see. Most of the posters were about DJ Pon3. Sweet Faust, she was gorgeous! Everything about her was perfect, in my book. That snow white coat, her electric blue mane, those magenta eyes, everything! She had to be the best looking mare in Ponyville. She also was single, last time I checked, so even better!

I trotted to the bathroom, stepping on various tarot card magazines. Tarot readings were my job and talent. I had a business called 'Future's Seer', which earned me the nickname of Seer. That was a much better name than mine, which was only used by my family, who I wouldn't dare smack upside the head. I really didn't like my name, if it weren't already obvious.

I exited the bedroom and entered the bathroom, proceeding to wash my face, cleaning the blood off. Afterward, I took a look at the time, and realized I was up rather early, so I had a good amount of time to eat and set up shop. I went downstairs and walked into the kitchen. Opening the cupboard, I took a peek at my food options, which were cinnamon oatmeal and apple oatmeal. It finally sank in that one of these days I really, really need to go shopping. I pulled out one of the boxes blindly, and retrieved a container of salt and a bowl, which I filled with water. I poured in the oatmeal mix and the salt and stirred, while I hummed one of DJ Pon3's more famous tunes, Giggle at the Ghosties and Stuff, as I stirred, yet this wasn't a good idea, because as usual, I was too busy humming to realize what the heck I was doing. I realized this, and snapped out of it. I finally put the bowl in the microwave and set it for two minutes. While I waited, I poured myself some orange juice.

Eventually, the microwaved beeped, signaling that it was finished. I opened the door and pulled the oatmeal out, setting it on the table where I placed my orange juice. As I ate and drank, I thought about my dreams. I honestly did not know why it happened. Yet, a part of me felt like I deserved it, strangely enough. Eventually, I finished my oatmeal and OJ. I placed the bowl and cup into the sink before going upstairs and into the bathroom. I took out my toothbrush and toothpaste, and applied the paste to the brush before beginning to clean my teeth. After a few minutes of brushing, being careful around the areas where my gums were receding, I spat out the no-longer minty toothpaste, and retrieved a cup full of water and drank.


After tending to my teeth and orange mane, which now looked much more clean, I gathered my supplies and put on my turban. Decks of cards, a table, a poster, tape, and most importantly the tent. I put it all on my back, strengthened by months of doing this almost daily. I would invest in an assistant, but my earnings weren't good enough for one. I pushed the door open, and trotted outside. Celestia's sun was shining as brightly as ever. I basked in it for a moment, thinking about how life was good overall, before realizing that it was almost opening time. I trotted to my usual location, Mane Street. On the way, I saw Lyra and Bon Bon, hanging out as usual. I waved to them, and they waved back. I walked past DJ Pon3's house, and once again vowed to ask her to dinner after work. I knew I wouldn't, but I liked to pretend that I wasn't a total wuss.

I ended up almost literally running into the Cutie Mark Crusaders, as they ran across the street "Excuse us, Mr. Seer!" Sweetie Belle apologized.

"It's ok, Ms. Belle!" I replied.

They kept running, but a few seconds later, Scootaloo came back. "Hey, Seer, can we get a reading? We're not sure what to do next, and we have the bits!"

"Of course, but I'm not open yet. I will be in a few minutes, though," I assured her.

"Cool! Mane Street, right?" she asked. I nodded. "Ok, we'll see you there!" she promised before running off to where the others were. I smiled to myself at how ridiculously adorable they could be. They were a pain at times, but overall, I liked them. After thinking about them, I continued on my way to Mane Street.

On the way, I started thinking about things in general. In terms of wealth, I was doing ok. I was able to pay the bills. I was keeping in shape, so I wasn't worried about my heart. My job was good and I was happy with it. Although, I was worried about my family. I hadn't seen my parents in years, and my brother, High Card, never liked to talk about it. My thoughts strayed to another subject; DJ Pon-3. Other than her appearance, she seemed like a decent mare. She was a bit blunt in the interviews, and she often talked about her relationships. However, she seemed to jump around them often. I couldn't help but wonder why. Was she even more blunt in real life? It was a mystery. However, my thoughts were interrupted when I reached my usual spot.

There was a customer in rather concealing clothing already waiting. I wasn't able to make out their features at this distance. I nodded to them. "Oh, good day. Kindly let me have a moment to set up shop, Then, you may have a reading," I told them in what I called my 'seer voice'. It was a lot more eccentric and wise sounding, or at least the first part. They nodded, and trotted off.

I placed my equipment down, and started with setting up the tent. It didn't take too long, but it certainly wasn't fast. As I prepared the poles and applied the cloth, I thought about the mysterious stranger. Normally, business was slow in the morning. Why would they be at the spot so early? I could see the Crusaders wanting a reading this early, but not any adults. I shrugged, then set up the table inside and prepared a deck of cards.

I trotted outside, and brought out the poster and tape. I held the poster in place, and taped it on. I stepped back, and looked at it. The Seer is in, it said. I nodded, in a mix of pride at how I wasn't horrid at art, and the fact that it gets the job done. I re-entered the tent and sat down, ready to do business.


The tent rustled as somepony entered. Or rather, someponies. The three Crusaders, Applebloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo entered. "Hello, Mr. Seer!" they said in unison. I nodded at them.

"Welcome to the Seer's Domain," I replied, now using my seer voice. "What would you like today?"

"One reading, please! As for the question, how do we get our Cutie Marks?" Sweetie Belle requested, tossing the bits to me with magic. I managed to catch them, and place them on the counter.

"Thank you. Now, if you'd step closer..." I requested as they did so. "Now, let's see what the cards have to say..." I pulled out a deck, and shuffled them. I arranged the cards into my usual formation, the Coltic Cross, and set one aside, flipping it over. "This represents the atmosphere surrounding the issue," I said. When they looked at me confusedly, I sighed. "It's the general mood. In this case, it is the Six of Swords, or Science."

"Ain't science fake?" Applebloom asked. Oh great, THIS debate again.

"I personally believe that Magic and Science can co-exist. However, we are getting off-track. The Six of Swords represents trusting in intelligence and setting off into the unknown, and the road to recovery," I explained. I flipped the next card over, at the center of the cross. It was the Ace of Pentacles. "This is the obstacle that stands in your way. In this case, it is the seed of prosperity and gain."

"Say that again in Equine please?" Scootaloo said.

I barely held a groan of frustration back. "It is the start of a good thing. However, it isn't a good thing here." When they all tilted their heads, I explained further. "It could be something that starts off good that ends badly." They nodded, so I knew that I got the message across. I flipped the next card, the one at the top of the cross, the Queen of Swords. "This represents your goal, or the best you can achieve without dramatic change. Here, a pony gifted with both keen logic and natural intuition, giving them uncanny powers of perception and insight. In other words, a smart pony who sees many things."

"Just like you, Mr. Seer!" Sweetie Belle commented.

"Why, you're making me blush, you little charmer," I said, slightly breaking character just the tiniest bit. I then flipped the next card. "This is the foundation the situation is based on, or rather, the general mood." It was the Knight of Cups. "In your case, a forced sense of hope blended with gentle kindness."

I flipped the next card at the left of the cross over, which was the Six of Pentacles. "This represents a passing influence, or something to be released. Here, it is a time of prosperity or profit. So you won't be having many more successes," I explained.

"We haven't had any successes, though!" Applebloom complained.

"Think about it. You three have met each other, have you not? I'd call that a success," I explained.

"Ah see your point," Applebloom said, nodding.

I moved on to the next card at the right of the cross, and flipped it. It was the Empress. "This represents an approaching influence, or something to be embraced. Here, it's creativity, productivity, and the foundation of civilization. In other words, you'll be creating something."

"Like our cutie marks?" Scootaloo asked with a grin.

"I cannot say specifically. I have said all that I can say on that matter," I said, moving on to the card at the base of the staff, flipping it. It was the Seven of Pentacles, reversed. "Here is your role or attitude.This represents impatience and a lack of effort."

"We put in plenty of effort!" Applebloom protested.

"Not in the necessary areas, it appears," I replied. I flipped the card at the bottom of the staff, the Fool, reversed. "This is the environment and ponies you are interacting with. In your case. obsession with someone or something." i thought to myself and how I felt about DJ Pon-3. Oh the hypocrisy, I thought to myself.

I flipped the next card over at the second-from-top part of the staff. It was the King of Swords. "This represents your hopes, ethics, or an unexpected element that will come into play. Here, a mature leader of unwavering ethics and indisputable authority."

"What?" Applebloom asked, raising an eyebrow.

This time I couldn't hold back my groan. "A leader who is good and wise." They nodded, and I continued.

I flipped the last card over, at the top of the staff. It was the Three of Swords, reversed. "Now, if you continue on this path, you will face an unsettling truth that needs to be faced." I leaned back. "That is the answer, Crusaders."

"That's it? We paid to be told that something bad will happen?" Sweetie Belle complained.

I nodded. "I understand it may be frustrating, yet this is all I can see," I tried to explain. "Besides, it doesn't necessarily mean that it's bad, just some painful event that must ha-" I didn't finish the sentence, as I heard the tent rustle. I sighed. They may be adorable, and while I may like them, they still have a lot to learn.

Another customer entered. It was the cloaked stranger from before. I still couldn't make out most of their details, but they resembled a mare. She had a lock of silver hair hanging out, but she tried to hide it once I noticed it. I cleared my throat. "Welcome to the Seer's Domain," I greeted. "How may I help you?"

They pointed at the deck of cards. "A reading, is it? What is your question?" I asked. She then tried to pantomime...something. A moon? Sleeping? Eating cake? I couldn't understand anything she was doing. "Please, could you just tell me?" I requested. The stranger sighed, shaking their head in exasperation.

"Trixie wants to know how to redeem herself.'