• Published 8th Oct 2012
  • 729 Views, 17 Comments

The Cupid Pony's Beginning - Rainy_Daze



The tale of a pony named Wilber Heartcarle, and the challenges he goes through to change the fate o

  • ...
 17
 729

Ch 5 The City in the Sky

Chapter 5

The city in the sky

Wilber and Mint started looking for somepony to help Wilber get up to Cloudsdale. The search lasts for about ten minutes; no pony is willing to help. They are about to give up on this altogether.



“Why are some ponies so unhelpful?” Mint Sighs bringing a hoof to her head and rubs her temple.

“Looks like you’re not going to Cloudsdale, Wilber. Let’s go back, my big sis is probably starting to worry.”



“Yeah, I guess we should. You could tell me more about your sister… wait I want to ask one more pegasus.”



“O…kay. Who are you going to ask then?”



Wilber didn’t respond, he just started to walk. He stopped in front of a stallion



“Um…Hi may I ask you a question, sir?”



“Ya just did boyo.” The Stallion says then bursts in to laughter.

“Sorry bout tat, tend ta do tat a lot. Sure ya can ask me.”



“Well as you can see I’m a pegasus, but I can’t fly.” Wilber concedes



“Oh tat’s a bummer mate. I’d love ta help ya, but I need ta find me girl.”



“What if I help you find her?”



“Ten I guess I can help ya wit your lack of flying. But where are me manors, names Ralph. “Wat’s yours, boyo?”



“My name is Wilber; it’s nice to meet you Ralph. So what does she look like?”



“She be on the small side, her coat be white as milk. She alsa be a pegasus.”



“Alright, we’ll go check the front two cars while you check the back then meet back here in ten minutes.”



“Aright, See ya ten, boyo.”



Wilber and Mint head off to check the front cars and Ralph heads to the back cars. Two minutes pasted by quickly without much said.

“So Mint, what's your sister like?” Wilber asks.



“Well she’s kind of random; she doesn’t seem like the elder of us. She’s kind to many ponies and she is a hard worker, when she focuses on what she is working on. I love her to death.” Mint says to Wilber. “Do you have a sister, Wilber?”



“Yeah, my sister is also a hard worker, but she takes time to play with me. She was a writer. She wrote many stories.”



“Why’d she quit writing?”



“She killed herself.” Wilber start to tear up.



“Oh I-I’m sorry for asking about something so sad like that.” Mint apologizes.



“Don’t worry about it, I wouldn’t have told you if I didn’t want to share it.” Wilber smiles as he rubs his eyes.



The search finished about a minute later as they found the only pony that recognized the stallions name and fit the discretion of her. The rest of the time was spent talking to the mare.


“Ralph Sweetie.” The Egg shell pony Shouts.



“Where were you Bell? I was looking all over for ya.” Ralph fumes.



“Sorry, I started to follow this blue mare and I got a little lost.” Bell apologizes.



“It doesn’t matter now you’re here now an’ that is all I’m asking for love.” Ralph confesses.

“Tanks boyo, I don’t know wat I would have done if n’ ya didn’t offer your help. Now we’ll help ya get up ta Cloudsdale.”



“There is still something I can do for you and Bell, if you’ll let me.” Wilber offered.



“Oh, Ya got something more now do ya. I be game, you love?”



“Oh my yes, that does sound enchanting. I’d love to see.” Bell smiles.



“Alright then, Ralph and Bell stand close to each other please.” Wilber kindly asks they both step closer to each other.



Wilber starts to focus on the couple; his eyes close for a few seconds then his eyes burst open their color changing to red. He softly began to glow; it slowly intensified to an almost blinding point. The glow began to gather at his head. Once it was all at his head it shot off in a fury of reds and whites. The colors swirled around the couple get closer to them with each rotation. The colors settled into the couple then a heart formed in between them, the heart was white in color. The heart started to change colors, it started to darken slowly into a black color then turned a bright red color then it exploded into a shower of smaller hearts. With this Wilber’s eyes returned to their normal color of grey. Ralph stood there not showing any kind of understanding of what just happened, Bell on the other hoof started to tear up and Mint Glow stood in complete shock at what she just witnessed.



“Whoa, I really need to practice doing this more.” Wilber panted.



“Wat in ta hey was tat boyo?” Ralph questioned. ;“Bell ya alright?”



“That was so beautiful; I’ve never seen anything like that before. What does it mean Mr. Wilber?” Bell said as she whipped away her tears.



“What that means is you two are a perfect match for each other. You’ll most likely get married and live happily together.” Wilber explains to them.



“Wilber, can I ask you something in private?” Mint asks to which Wilber nods and walks to the front of the car.



“So what’d you want to talk about Mint?”



“Just exactly who are you. No pegasus can do that type of magic; let alone what you just did.” Mint Inquired angrily.



“No need to get angry, Mint… wait that was magic?”



“Of course that was magic; now tell me what is going on!” Mint crescendos in anger.



“Alright just calm down please.” Wilber says then begins to explain.



~a few minutes later~



“…and that is all I know about my special ability.”



“Sorry I snapped at you, I just stopped thinking for a moment.” Mint apologizes.



“It’s fine. I didn’t know that was a big deal… I bet Ralph and Bell are starting to worry.” Wilber smiles.



They walked back to where the couple was. Much to their surprise Ralph and Bell were still in, more or less, the same spot doing roughly the same motions of showing each other their affections for the other.



“Umm… You guys going to be finished soon the stop is in a few minutes?”



“Yeah we’re done. So why can’t ya fly boyo, If ya don’t mind me asking?” Ralph asks.



“My family is made up of unicorns and my village doesn’t have pegasi. So I never learned to.”



“Ah well if you want me and Bell could teach ya. We’re going to get a house out in Manehatten.”



“I try to come and visit as soon as possible. Thank you both for all the help you’re giving me.”



“No problem boyo. We should be taking our seats soon. Meet us at take-off point A.” Ralph says before him and Bell walk over to the last two seats open.



“They seemed like a very loving couple. Don’t you thing so also.” Mint Said.



“Yeah, it must be nice to have a lover. I wish to find on...”Wilber said before he was suddenly reacquainted with the floor.



“Oh sorry… Sis I’ve been looking all over for you… Oh you’re on a date.” Mint’s sister said.



“It’s you again.” Wilber said but was almost completely ignored.



“S-s-sis I’m not on a d-d-date with him… Wait Wilber you’ve meet my sister before.” Mint Stuttered.



“This is your sister. Yes… kind of. Remember when I told you that I bumped into a pony well this was her.” Wilber Explained.



“You didn’t tell me anything like that.”



“My little sister is ignoring me due to her new colt-friend.” Mint’s Sister feigned crying.



“He’s not my colt-friend. And introduce yourself sis.”



“Oh Right hello my name is Rainy Daze, Mint glow’s older sister. Please take care of her she hasn’t had a colt-friend before.” Rainy Daze playfully says.



“Sis stop saying that we just meet each other yesterday.” Mint tries to explain.



“Oh love at first sight then?”



“Grah! It’s not like that!”



“Hahaha, you two are perfect siblings.” Wilber laughs.



“Don’t encourage her.” Mint giggles.



The three of them talked as they walked back to their seats. Wilber did not really want to leave, he felt that for some reason or another he would never see them again. The train slowly came to a stop at the station under Cloudsdale. Wilber went to meet up with Mint and Rainy before leaving to the take-off point A and meeting up with Ralph and Bell. Everything was going perfectly both meet up happened as planned. Ralph and Bell waved Wilber over and began to explain how they are going to help Wilber up. Wilber did as told, taking off was a breeze all Wilber had to do was make sure to keep is fore-legs around Ralph and Bell’s withers and enjoy the ride, five minutes later the group lands in the city in the sky. Wilber is in awe looking at the sights to be seen at the landing area. Fluffy white clouds was what Wilber expected to see up here, much to his surprise the clouds all seem to have a light tinting to them some of the ground clouds had an blue tint other looked red. Perplexed Wilber asked Ralph and Bell what meaning these color differences had.



“Ah so you noticed the clouds having different coloring. The ground clouds that we walk on have two colors blue and red. Blue means that the cloud is safe to walk on you’ll be less likely to fall through. The red clouds are very unstable, it’s advised to not walk on them. Workers every day work on checking the clouds to see what is safe or unsafe to walk on. Everything in between blue and red you’ll need to be careful and watch were your step. Then we have the building clouds these much like the ground clouds have two colors these colors are Yellow and orange. The sturdier the more yellow the building is most new buildings are this color. Orange colored cloud buildings you should be careful in they may collapse on top of you.” Bell explains to Wilber.



“That is going to take some getting used to.” Wilber says as he removes his fore-legs from around ralph and Bell. His hooves dig into the ground cloud, the coolness sends shivers through out his body just like walking on freshly watered grass in the early morning.

“So where is the closest barber shop?”



“Don’t ya tink ya should wash up before ya go for a trim. Why don’t ya come wit us to Bell’s folks an’ wash up ten well take ya ta a barber.” Ralph suggests.



“Alright lead the way.”



A few minutes of walking the group arrives at Bell’s parents cloud home. The cloud color of the house was orange-ish yellow color. The house itself didn’t look any older than the other houses around it. This house had a fence around it, the house unlike the other’s was a one story the others were two. Small chunks of the building cloud were chipped away. Inside the fence was a small chromatic pond with small fish swimming around in it. There was loud talking coming from inside the home, by the sounds of it there were two stallions arguing about something inside.



“Sounds like Mr. Bolt is over. Hope dad lets him win this time.” Bell sighs.



“Who’s Mr. Bolt?” Wilber asks.



“He lives next door with his wife they come over a lot. I remember hanging out with their daughter… um something with an m Bolt. She had a monochrome mane, always dreamed of being a royal guard to princess Celestia. Darling we should go and see her at the academy.” Bell explains and asks Ralph.



“I’d love ta sweet heart, we should do tat tomorra.” Ralph beams with joy.



Bell knocked on the door to the house three times. A couple seconds later the door opened to reveal a mare in old age. She was a pale white color her mane was in a tight bun.



“Honey, Our little filly is home!” Bell’s mother squealed with joy.



“WHAT!” The sounds of two stallions, as they both come running to the door to see.



“Hi mom, dad, and Mr. Bolt how have you been?” Bell happily asks.



“We’ve been fine dear, come inside.” Bell’s father says.

The group entered, Wilber for the first time sees what a pegasus’ home looks like. It was just like a normal house just in the sky was the only difference. A few minutes of Bell and Ralph talking about stuff passed before Wilber came out of the restroom.



“Thank you ever so much Mr. and Mrs. Bell for letting me use your shower.” Wilber says.



“So you ready to go to a barber?” Ralph asks.



“You stay here I’ll take Wilber. You can tell them your plan.” Bell’s father says with a devilish smile.



“Uh alright.” Ralph agrees completely shocked.



“So how long have you been having your dreams of the past?” Mr. Bell asks after two minutes from leaving the cloud home.



“I’ve always have dreams.” Wilber answers.



“Fine you don’t have to answer, just don’t let them trick you is all I’ll say.” The Elder stallion says.



“Don’t let who trick me?” Wilber asks.



“Who... I must be going senile. Sorry about that.” He laughs.



After the elder stallion’s question the rest of the walk the elder stopped every so often to talk to some of the pegasi whom happened to pass by. The Haircut and shave was relatively quick it was done in seven minutes. The walk back was much of the same as the way to.



“Thank you both for taking me up to Cloudsdale. I’ll be sure to come over and learn to fly from you both after my trip to Appleloosa.” Wilber thanked the pegasi couple as they walked to the take-off to go back to the ground.



“Don’t mention it boyo. We can’t wait ta have ya over, hopefully we’ll be completely finished movin’ in by the time ya come.” Ralph says.



“Did my father give you any trouble Wilber?” Bell asks.



“Uh… None at all.” Wilber says thinking back to the walk back to Bell’s home and the thought of almost falling off of Cloudsdale due to the elder wanting to take a shortcut.



“He made you take a shortcut through the older part of Cloudsdale didn’t he?” Bell flatly asks.



“Yes, but it’s alright no harm do at all.” Wilber answers.



“It not alright you could have died. The part of town is closed off for a reason; my dad shouldn’t be going there in the first place. I’m really sorry about that, Wilber.” Bell Apologizes.



“Really, it’s ok I’m not hurt. Even if I fell I wouldn’t really mind I’d be able to see my family.” Wilber says.



“You really shouldn’t think like that you’re a young stallion. Those thoughts should only be thought about when you’re an old stallion near his end.” The couple said at the same time.



A quick trip back down from Cloudsdale Wilber, Mint glow, and Rainy Daze stand ready to board the train to Canterlot. Good byes and see you later were given then the couple toke off back up to Cloudsdale.



“Wow you look completely different than before.” Rainy Daze says. “If you’re not careful I’ll steal him from you little sis.”



“Stop it sis.” Mint shouts blushing slightly. “Anyways that look suits you.”



“Thanks I feel a lot better now that I don’t have to worry about tripping on my hair.” Wilber smiles.



Wilber’s mane and tail had been cut to a medium length it was combed backwards, his beard had been shaved and trimmed into a small goatee, and as a small Cloudsdale welcoming he was given a free pruning for his wings.

“I feel so light right now. I never know pegasi had to prune and clean the wings.”



“I thought all creatures with wings did that out of instinct.” Mint glow said. “Well now we know huh sis… oh great she wondered off. Anyways let’s board the train now. ”



“Is that alright leaving your sister like this?” Wilber asks while following Mint.

“Oh it’s fine after all she’s a full grown mare. It’s not my job to make sure that she doesn't do something stupid like get lost or anything.” Mint glow says while puffs of steam come out of her head.



“I’m sure she’ll find her way on to the train after all. What’s the worst thing that can happen?” Wilber says trying to cheer mint up. The sky suddenly becomes dark as storm clouds start to form overhead. Static could be felt all around running through the air, the faint smell of rain could be smelt, and distant rumblings could be heard. “Was it scheduled to rain today?”



“I don’t think so.” Mint was looking to the sky as the clouds kept forming turning the vast blue into a confining grey. “Wilber we need to find my sister, this weather doesn't feel right.”





“I’ll say. This weather is strange; something feels really off with it.”

Author's Note:

Well here it is Chapter 5.
what will happen next who knows. Thank you to all whom read this and a Big thanks to UnknownSalvation for proof-reading. leave a like and or comment letting me know if ya liked or disliked this chapter.