• Published 8th Oct 2012
  • 729 Views, 17 Comments

The Cupid Pony's Beginning - Rainy_Daze



The tale of a pony named Wilber Heartcarle, and the challenges he goes through to change the fate o

  • ...
 17
 729

Ch3 A long trip ahead

Chapter 3

A Long trip ahead

Luna's night gives way to welcome the day, ponies are just waking up and getting their days started. A unicorn mare is wandering around the train, just looking for something to do to pass the time until she got off. She stumbles on to a sleeping stallion that hasn't be taking care of his body at all. His mane and tail seems to be full of mats, he's unshaven, and there is dirt all through his coat.

"Sir, wake up please."



"Zzz."



"well, I don't think he'll be waking up any time soon. Hopefully he won't mind if I just get those mats out of his mane and tail." The mare thinks to herself as she produces a brush out of nowhere. Using her magic she works his tail first as gently as possible to not wake him. It takes her a hour to work out all the mats in his tail.

"Ha I did it, his tail is all brushed now... Wow it's pretty long, he must not have cut his hair in a long time. Well let's get started on his mane now."

She does the same process on his mane as she did on his tail. It takes her about two hours to fully work the mats out of his mane.

"There, now all that is needed now is to clean his coat."



"Um, Miss why are you standing over me... Are you going to try to rape me?" Wilber says as he notices the mare standing over him.



"uh........" Is a the mare utters before quickly jumping off and turning away from him out of embarrassment.

"No. I was just. Look I'm just helping you with your mane, tail and coat. Don't get the wrong idea here, I'm not that kind of filly."



"Whoa, I was just joking." Wilber says trying to diffuse what he just caused

"My name is Wilber. What's yours Miss?"



"My name is Mint Glow. I'm traveling with my sister to Ponyville."



"Aah I didn't know that a ponies faces could go that red." Wilber jokes.



"So Where are you going Wilber?" Mint Glow asks ignoring Wilber's obvious joke.



"I'm going to Appleloosa, to start over." Wilber says as he turns his head to look out the window.



"Why? Did something happen where you lived before?" She asks

"Yeah, a lot happened." Wilber said trying not to recall any bad memories of what was done two days ago.

"A mare I meet, I think her name is Orange Berry, told me that if I go to Appleloosa. I'll get answers to a lot of my questions."



"Sooo... Your going there on the off chance that you'll get answers. That's craz--"



"Arghhhhh!" Yells a random pony that appears to be running away from somepony.



"Hey, get back here. I need to see your ticket." Yells a ticket inspector at the pony that is running around like a mad pony.


"Chair mode active...Boop."





"... I need to see your ticket, sir."



"....."





"Sir, Please show me your ticket."



"Stephano, Help me! They're trying to throw me off Farsa."



"Sir, I just need to see your ticket. I'm not going to throw you off."



"Don't lie to me, your working for the Barrels."




"You don't have a ticket, do you."

The pony quickly calms down and sits on his haunches and thinks before responding.



"Piggy and Agrippa have my ticket."



"If you don't have a ticket, I'll sell one to you. So, please stop acting like a crazy pony sir."


"Well then... That was strange" Wilber says to Mint as the ticket inspector and the crazy pony go to a different car.



"Yeah. Everypony knows not to trust Piggy to hold something like a ticket." Mint states a fact that only she really knew.



"... What?"



"Never mind. What were we talking about again." Mint asks Wilber.



"Um... I don't remember."



"Anyways, we should be stopping at the station just under Cloudsdale. You can go up and clean yourself up." Mint says to Wilber.





"I think I'm going to wait till we get to Canterlot for that." Wilber tells Mint.



"that's about two days away. You, no offense, smell really bad as it is. That and you need to get a haircut and shave." Mint says to try and persuade Wilber.



"I can't go to Cloudsdale."



"Why not? Were you kicked out for doing something bad."



"No. I-I Just can't go to Cloudsdale."



"Tell me why. What's the reason?"



"Only if you promise not to laugh once I tell you."



"Okie Dokie." Mint says as she holds up her right fore-hoof.



"I-I can't f-f-fly." Wilber whispers growing more quite as he says fly.



"Sorry what was that. All I heard was 'I can't...' you can't what?"



"I can't f-fly." Wilber says a little louder. Upon hearing this Mint busts out laughing.

"I knew it. Anypony would laugh at know there is a Pegasus pony that can't fly. That's like a unicorn that can't do magic."



"I'm sorry." Mint apologized

"I just thought that your reason was really bad, but now that I know. Don't worry you got it easy. My sister is also a unicorn and she has a really short attention span and she is very forgetful. So magic is not her forte, but she has a special kind of magic. She can control weather like a pegasus with her magic, she is also on the weather team that's the main reason she and I are moving to Ponyville. Did your parents not teach you?"



"My family was all unicorns. That and I was the only pegasus in the village."



"then how did you come to be if your whole family and village didn't have a pegasus in it." Mint asked



"I was a door step foal." Wilber tells Mint. Sadness ever present in Wilber's voice.

"So I don't know my real parents. That is why I'm going to Appleloosa to find what answers I can find there."



"Oh, Well I'm sure that if you ask one of the pegasi they could help you go to and fro."



"I don't know I'm still sleepy. I went without sleep for a few months now." Wilber states. Mint takes his hint and starts to leave, but turns to say one last thing.



"You should come see me when you wake up. My sister and me are in the next car. I'm sure my sister would love talking to you." Mint Glow says and then leaves without giving Wilber a chance to say anything edge wise.

Wilber yawns and his eyes slowly close. He lets sleep take him, thinking that it will be like last night. His dream is yet again perpetual darkness.

* * *

"Welcome back Wilber. Are you ready to change the past. Do you wish to get rid of this blindness of yours." Says the voice.



"Not this again. What do you mean change the past, nopony can do that. And I'm not blind." Wilber tells to the voice.



"I told you to stop scaring him. He doesn't know what's going on." A second higher pitched voice scolds to the first lower pitched voice.

"I'm sorry about him. He likes to confuse others a lot, but what he says is true. We can change your past depending on how you do in these 'dreams', but the changes will all take place after your all happy with them."



"Wait. I could really change it to where my parents and sister don't die?" Wilber asks.

"What are the consequences of doing that?"



"Whatever changes are made are permanent, but we'll get into it more after your done. Right now you are about to be thrown into your past. So open your eyes and look for what you need." Says the lower voice as the blackness quickly gives way to light that blinds Wilber.



"Don't worry, Just have fun remembering everything...





Wilber is now back in Potto-ville, back in the Heartcarle home, it just about sunrise. He's in his old bed everything is as it was. There is the smell of pancakes.

"Little brother wake up you won't be able to eat if you don't." At hearing this Wilber fell onto his face, not for the food but for the voice which belongs to his departed sister, Jane Heartcarle.

The door to his room swings open as Jane rushes in to make sure that Wilber is alright.

"Oh my goodness, are you ok?"



"Yeah." Wilber says as he rushes to hug Jane taking her by complete surprise.

"I've missed you so much."



"You sound like I've been gone for a long time." Jane says as she returns the hug.

"I was serious about what I said though, I don't want you to be late to school. So quickly go down to eat and then I'll walk you to school."



"You haven't had to walk me since elementary school." Wilber states



"Since yesterday. Are you feeling well." Jane asks as she brings her foreleg to Wilber's forehead.

Wilber stands up and to his surprise Jane is a lot taller then he remembers. A thought hits him, he quickly runs through the giant looking house to the restroom to look in the mirror, but he couldn't see the mirror at all. His thought was right the voices didn't just send him to his past, they also made him the size and age he was in that memory.



"He must really need to pee." Jane thought to herself as she started to go back to the table to eat her own breakfast.



"This is so strange, talk about reverse puberty. I need to get used to a small body." Wilber thought to himself as he was pacing around the restroom.

"Exactly where... er when did they put me?"



"Wilber hurry up or I'll eat your food as well as mine."



"Give me a moment sis." Wilber Shouts so that Jane could hear.

Wilber paces for a little longer then goes to the table to eat. They start their walk to school, the walk is very silent until Jane's best friend meets up with them.



"Hi Jane and Lil ber. How are you two today?"



"Hi silent. I'm fine though Wilber is acting a little strange."



"I need to act normal right now. Pretend that I don't know what Silent Wind is going to do." Wilber thought to him self

"Come on big sis Silent I don't like being called Lil ber. And I'm not acting strange sis your acting silly." He Said and then he made a silly face that made both the mares laugh.



As they walked Jane and Silent Wind Talked about mare things among other things that Wilber still didn't understand. They reached Wilber's school he left, the two mares continued walking to a small park to sit and talk until midday then they would go about their business. Jane would go home to work on one of her stories. Silent Wind would go and meet up with her colt friend for a date. School was more boring then it use to be since Wilber knew all that was being taught. He talked to his only colt bud about how everything that is going on as to try to pinpoint when he was. It had worked he found that it was about three years after the cart accident. School ended he meet up with Jane and walked home to hopefully find what is needed for him to change.

Author's Note:

Thanks goes to Dessert Strom for proof reading.
Please leave a comment letting me know if ya like or dislike.