• Published 8th Mar 2024
  • 661 Views, 20 Comments

Blue Wedding Belles - David Silver



Blueblood adores Cadance, his cousin. When he hears she's ready to commit an act that would leave her miserable, he leaps to interfere, and throws himself into a situation he couldn't have predicted. How will she adapt?

  • ...
6
 20
 661

2 - A New You

Cadance paced fitfully. "If this has to be done, for my sake of all things, I intend to help." She met Blueblood's determined face. "Are you ready? This is a big thing, a lifechanging ritual. You—" She danced in place a moment. "—Being a mare is more than wearing different clothes to formal events. Do you understand what you're walking into, and, perhaps, I should be asking if you even could have any idea."

"My dear," Blueblood whispered, tipping his nose under her chin. "I know not what the future will hold, but I trust myself. You know who I am. I am brave. I am resolute. I am dashing! And most importantly, I am gentle." He drew Cadance into a hug. "And I am in the hooves of my dearest cousin, who will guide me through these times quite properly, I feel. As Auntie Celestia said, this is for you."

"When was the last time you washed a dish?" Cadance demanded, grabbing him by the shoulders. "Can you cook for yourself?" She clopped a hoof to her face. "That wasn't fair. There are mares who are terrible at either of those. They aren't lesser mares for it." She took a slow breath. "We've had this conversation before. You're probably tired of hearing me worry about it."

Blueblood nosed at her cheek gently and briefly. "That you care so fiercely is no hardship. I thank you, and I understand your feelings on the matter."

Cadance tapped his cheek lightly, letting him go. "Well, as your guide and the one that's going to be staying, I have to ask about these changes." She flicked her ears back. "As usual, magic is partially formed by the will of the pony casting the spell. Do you have any requests? Do you wish to be a more plain mare, or?"

"Plain?" Blueblood pinned his ears back. "Plain is not a word I associate with myself, dear Cadance. Mare or stallion, I make the room stand up and take notice when I enter a room."

Cadance quietly abandoned one of her plans to try to make things easier. Transforming Blueblood into a mare that was easy to miss had seemed one such way, but not Blueblood's way. "Of course. You are going to new rooms, but you'll make a splash all the same. Sit please. No more moving until it's done."

Blueblood found his mane flowing out further in cascading waves, curling just before it touched the floor. His muzzle felt lighter, as if it wasn't quite finished growing in. "Why, this isn't so different after all." He stood up, midsection rumbling as internal changes caught up with the simple exterior changes.

He blanched, taking a shaky step. "Dizzy..." He gave Cadance a surprised glance as his torso cracked, shortening from the change and from the internal changes that left him, er, her feeling stranger by the moment. "I say," she got out with a lighter tone. "Was that me?!" Her cheeks colored, in a very interesting fashion as Cadance's spell rewrote her underlying anatomy, completing the exterior.

Her back legs started to round out at the shin and ankle. Blueblood's old shoes had been remolded along with her body, settling on her hooves. Her belly swelled in places, but her thighs thinned slightly, bringing the hips closer together in a fuller shape. "Still," she reminded herself, as Cadance had ordered. "Must be still." She swayed her tail as the spell tingled through her whole body. "Do my teeth feel the same?" She lifted her chin. "I do feel bigger. It is said mares tend to be—" She spun, noticing that the dress was simply flowing off, tightening around the curves where the looseness of the cloth before was.

"Mare fashion is different." She reached up a hoof to play at the cloth gently. "But I'm getting distracted. Are we finished?"

Cadance's horn gave one last flash of power. "We are. How do you feel. Blueblood?"

"Old names for old ponies." She pointed to herself. "And I am brand new, thanks to you. Call me Blue Belle instead. Yes, a much more fitting title for a new mare." She hopped forward into a trot towards a tall mirror. "Oh, lovely job! Look at me. Look at my legs! If only all new me was—" She winced. "Oh. I think we have company. Oh, my tummy." Bluebell grinned from ear to ear. "This will take some getting used to."

Cadance managed a gently pat on Blueblood as Celestia walked in. "Ah, Auntie. We just finished."

Celestia's eyes were on Blue Belle. "You've done a remarkable job. Niece, how do you feel?"

Blue Belle didn't even notice at first, only eventually catching on to Celestia staring at her. "Yes, Aunt"

Celestia smirked softly and pointed at Blue. "You are my niece now, are you not?"

Blue Belle flushed dark. "Right you are, Auntie dearest. As for how I feel, a little chilled from the changes. But otherwise, it was rather like I could feel the magic inside me and it felt as natural as could be to allow it to reshape me however it deemed. Now it's my turn to deem. You wouldn't happen to have some dress slippers, would you, for an evening at the theater? I can't have my first appearance as a mare be in something that looks as though I'm heading out for some battle, eh?"

Celestia reached out to rest a hoof on Blue Belle's head. "You are quite eager. The castle seamstress will gladly help you upset your wardrobe, but don't forget why you've taken this step. You are to go to Saddle Arabia, where your prince already waits for a 'princess of Equestria', which you are one of now."

Blue peeked back over herself. "Princesses of Equestria normally have wings, Auntie dear. Do I get a set of those?"

Celestia moved her hoof to Blue Belle's snout. "That is a whole other ordeal. You are, by all technicalities, a princess by hereditary means, not alicornhood. Still a princess, just as you were once a prince."

Blue Belle sighed at that, with a hint of relief. "That will do just nicely." She tossed her mane. "Theaters first, of course." She leaned close to Celestia.

Celestia folded her wing over her new niece. "Are you entirely alright? You don't have to play brave for us. We're family."

Blue Belle rested her hoof on Celestia's wing. "Thank you, but I do not play at anything, Auntie dearest." She was shakier than she thought she was going to be. "I have adjustments to make, but I am still me, on the inside."

Celestia was visibly surprised when she saw Blue Belle move off and bump snouts with Cadance as well, pushing down her uncertainty.

Cadance sighed softly. "You're brave, Blue Belle." She pushed some mane away from Bluebell's face. "You shouldn't have to do all of this for me, but I'm beyond words with how proud I am of you." She hugged Blue Belle tightly. "Write me often, and I will respond to each." She kissed Blue Belle's cheek before trotting towards the door.

"She's quite bold," Celestia softly remarked as Blue Belle cleared her throat and shook herself off. "Now, to get your wardrobe in order." She waved for Blue Belle to join her as they went to see a pony about a new fashion line for the new princess. "It would be quite improper to send any princess not looking her best."

Cadance just trotted towards the window as Blue Belle left. She idly rubbed at her neck and only barely noticed when Shining Armor joined her and leaned gently against her. She smiled at his presence, swaying her tail to lay over his. "I know, dear. She's my friend." She met his gaze. "But it's nice that you understand that's why I'm worried about her. We've only got three more days."

Shining Armor put a hoof to his own chest. "I'll help make them days worth remembering. Bluey deserves a great time!" He chuckled with his wild ideas for what amounted to a bachelor party, for a new mare. "This will be so fun!"

Cadance rubbed at her stomach. "That will take getting used to. Now we call her Blue Bell. Does the change of names feel..."

Shining Armor leaned gently on his marefriend. "Honestly, I didn't feel it, and I'm her brother. The clothes don't quite fit and I kind of think of her like you mentioned before, a good friend." He nuzzled gently at her. "And she's still a friend, mare or stallion. She's still family on top of that."

"She is." Cadance forced herself to her hooves. "You're right. Let's make these last days count."

So it was that Blue Belle was treated like the star of the show for those last few days. Parties were thrown for her, almost at random. Ponies came from across the city and beyond to wish her will and compliment her new self. By the time she was boarding the wagon to take her away from Equestria, she was beaming with joy, which made it all the harder as it sank on her that she'd be leaving all of that behind.

Even after the carriage had taken off and started trundling away, Celestia, Shining Armor, and Cadance remained and waved at the princess-to-be until they had vanished from view.


Blue Belle looked out the window of her carriage as the terrain became sandier by the hour. They were fully in the desert. "That makes sense," she muttered to herself. The Saddle Arabians were a desert people, and large. She pinned her ears back, thinking about how large they were. She was already destined to marry one of those immense ponies. What if the pony was massive?! She calmed her breathing. "That would make them hard to miss."

She laughed to herself and did her best to calm herself. "Be composed. You represent all of Equestria!" She tossed her mane, smiling. "I wonder if they brought sweets for our meet and greet. Would be a nice gesture." She tried not to focus on the size of the stallions that awaited her, at least as best as she was able.

The door of the carriage opened. "Ma'am, we're here," called the pony outside They were an Equestrian pony, so they were perfectly normal sized. Blue Belle nodded towards them as she stepped out onto the warm sand. Her eyes widened as she took in the grand desert city before her.

Sandstone structures rose all around her, elegant in their simplicity. In fact, much of it appeared to have been carved right into the rock itself. Blue Belle was so entranced she had nearly forgotten her own entrance.

"Ahem, Princess Blue Belle of Equestria," came a voice from up in a tower. A figure was pointing down at her. "You will forgive me. I sent your name ahead to expect you, so we're prepared."

Elsewhere, several large ponies glared at the princess Equestria had sent. "She doesn't have wings," noted one.

"She isn't a real princess."

"Can we send her back?"

The last sighed deeply. "Let us first find out if she is a princess or not. We'll look daft if this mare actually is one. Go greet her."

So it was that a prince of a Saddle Arabian walked out, bedecked in the finery of his station. "Princess Blue Belle, a pleasure to meet you at long last." He bowed slowly. "I am Prince Star Mark. Your uncle has informed us you are the princess we asked for. May we see you properly?" He gestured with his hoof. "Please, bring us proof of your authority, my dear princess."

Blue Belle inclined her head. "Proof? I am the niece of Princess Celestia! I have been so related since I was born. I can scarcely imagine more proof than that." She looked over the massive pony. Everything about him felt overmuch, and it left her reeling even as she tried to calm herself. "But it is a pleasure to meet you, my prince?"

Star Mark shook his head with a heavy sigh. "Well, that's rather inconvenient. My compatriots are waiting for confirmation." He gestured with a hoof. "Please come with me, dear princess." He touched her, but his hoof landed with barely a feather of pressure. "I don't think you came all this way just to deceive us."

He brought her towards their stately palace and towards her new life among them. "We have much to discuss."

Author's Note:

Welcome to a new life, Blue Belle. Everything will go quite smoothly now, assuredly.

Join the special community of folks who like my stories and/or get your own here at atreon!

Don't want to do an ongoing thing? You could

Join my discord to chat!