• Published 20th Feb 2024
  • 237 Views, 42 Comments

One Stubborn Mare - TheKing2001



When Sunset runs around helping her friends and the other townsponies, she continuously refuses help, creating more problems than she was fixing.

  • ...
0
 42
 237

I Got This

Sunset levitated a scroll with a lists of tasks she had to do as she trotted down the street, narrowly avoiding a few ponies.

“Let’s see, help Roseluck and her sisters with harvesting their flowers all week, help Pinkie make muffins for Sugarcube Corner, help Derpy by watching Dinky and Sparkler, help Silverspeed with sparring, go visit Screw Loose with Shoeshine and practice tricks with Trixie and Raindrops,” Sunset read aloud as she rolled up the scroll and placed it in her saddlebags. “No biggie, I’ve dealt with worse after all. I am Celestia’s prized pupil after all! I got this!”


Roseluck yawned as she trimmed another flower as Daisy set two glasses of lemonade next to her and Lily before trotting to her own patch of the garden.

While the trio had an normal sized house, they owned a large space for their flowers with greenhouses in the back and a small garden out front of flowers they strictly displayed and didn’t sell.

“Do you girls feel that?” Lily asked suddenly as the other two paused.

“No,” Roseluck said finally and shook her head. “What do you feel?”

“The ground shaking,” Lily answered as she caught her glass of lemonade as Daisy frowned.

“Okay, now that I felt and saw,” Daisy said as she looked out down the street as her frown deepened before her eyes widened. “Sweet Celestia! Rabbits!”

“Gah!” Roseluck yelped as the ground started shaking more and the rabbits got closer. “No, the flowers! Lily, get the hose.”

Lily nodded as she galloped to the curled up hose and unwrapped it as she flung it to Roseluck as Lily turned it on.

“Come any closer and you’ll get it!” Roseluck threatened as the rabbits froze and ran to the front of the house. “Oh buck!”

“Buck me!” Daisy cursed as Lily hastily shut the water off and the three mares galloped to the front where the rabbits were eating the flowers. “Damn Fluttershy and her damn rabbits!”

The three fell on the sides as Sunset rounded the corner and her eyes widened as she increased her speed.

“What happened here?” Sunset asked as Daisy continued crying and pointed a hoof.

“T-them!” Daisy wailed as Sunset looked at the rabbits. “It was awful!”

“The horror! The horror!” Lily and Roseluck shouted in unison.

“I’ll just teleport them back to where they came,” Sunset said as her horn flashed and the rabbits disappeared and the flowers turned back to how they were originally as the three mares stared in stunned silence. “Learned a new spell about time travel for items like flowers or burnt books. Really handy actually.”

“Oh thank you!” Daisy hugged Sunset as Sunset froze before hugging her back hesitantly. She hadn’t ever been hugged by the mare before even after knowing her for a few months, but it did feel a bit nice. What surprised her more was even Lily was giving her a grateful smile.

“You’re welcome,” Sunset blushed as Daisy squeezed her and Sunset gasped for air. “Air, Daisy, air!”

“Sorry,” Daisy said sheepishly as she let Sunset go. “Seriously, thank you. Our flowers are our only real source of income.”

“It was nothing really,” Sunset rubbed the back of her head.

“I could honestly kiss you right now,” Roseluck admitted as Lily snickered.

“Uh please don’t. I love you but not like that,” Sunset said as she turned red. “Cheek is fine but uh not on the lips please.”

“Okay. Where did you send those rabbits anyway?” Roseluck asked as Sunset gave a sly grin.


Blueblood gave an unimpressed look as he looked around his office at the hundreds of bunnies munching on his bedsheets and paper.

“With love, Sunset Shimmer,” Blueblood read aloud as he glared angrily at the paper. “Damn you Sunset! You’re not even family!”


“You don’t wanna know,” Sunset said finally with a large smirk. “Now let’s get to work, shall we?”

“Yes finally,” Lily grumbled as the four made their way to the backyard as Roseluck paused and rubbed her chin with a hoof.

“We should totally do something for Sunset. She does a lot for us,” Roseluck mused before following her sisters and friend. “Like a big thank you or something.”

“What was that?” Daisy asked as she hoofed Sunset a pair of shears and showed her where to cut.

“Nothing!”


“So girls I was thinking,” Roseluck began as she and the others with the exception of Sunset sat around their usual table at Sugarcube Corner.

“So that’s why I smelled smoke,” Shoeshine quipped with a smirk and Roseluck rolled her eyes.

“Haha very funny. That’s only when Trixie thinks.”

“Hey!”

The four laughed as Trixie gave them a flat look.

“Just kidding. Anyway, Sunset does a lot to help us, right?”

“Buck yeah,” Trixie commented as she shrugged. “She always is down to help Trixie with whatever she needs.”

“Exactly,” Roseluck pointed a hoof as she nodded. “So what I was thinking is we should totally do something for her!”

“Good luck with that,” Silverspeed snorted as she set down her bagel. “Sunset doesn’t really do well with receiving help. Makes her feel inadequate or something I think she said.”

“She’s right. Silverspeed lives with her, she ultimately would technically know her best,” Derpy frowned slightly. “It’s just who Sunset is. What did you have in mind?”

“I don’t know, maybe a trophy or something. Something like that,” Roseluck explained as she looked at them one by one. “Maybe have the Mayor set up something? Have Sparkler help too. She likes organizing stuff around town.”

“Not very well,” Trixie muttered and Derpy gave her an unimpressed look as Trixie looked away with a sheepish. “Sorry that was uh rude.”

“It was. Sparkler does her best. And Sparkler would probably like to help, gotta ask her first. But where would you get a trophy at?”

“I make my own horseshoes,” Shoeshine commented as she stirred her tea. “I could hypothetically make one. Just tell me what metals you want, what shape you want and I’ll make it. It’ll take a few days but I can do it with help.”

“I’m down,” Silverspeed shrugged. “Never done any metal working but I can learn I suppose. I got some sparring with Sunset to do the next few days so I will sneak away after to come help out.”

“Sounds good. Surprised you’re getting physical with Sunset. She has caught eye of quite a lot of stallions and mares alike in town. Cloudkicker and Cloudchaser were quite explicit in what they would do with her,” Trixie commented as she gave Silverspeed a smirk. She had kept her promise and not told anypony about their accidental night during the Gala. Trixie may be a braggert but knew to keep some things quiet.

“Shush you. So what do we do now?”

“For now, we keep this between us. Derpy is the best at convincing others to help us so she should visit the mayor and talk to her while we work quietly to set this up. And I mean quietly Trixie. No smoke bombs or anything like,” Roseluck said as she shot the mare a look and Derpy nodded.

“Okay.”

“Now let’s get to work,” Roseluck said as the others nodded.

Shoeshine shot Mr. Cake a dirty look before turning back to her friends.