• Published 8th Feb 2024
  • 308 Views, 20 Comments

Angel Mares - autobotfan15



Everyone has a guardian angel. I had six I need to find.

  • ...
1
 20
 308

Scars of Change

July 16th

If there is one thing about people I know is that we all have scars that tell stories. Whether it being physical wounds or emotional trauma. I have some scars too, but I forgotten where exactly I got them. I questioned my Mom about it when I was a teenager. She just told me I "was always playing rough as a toddler."

Somehow I feel like that isn't true and the recordings further cement this. In a season three episode they broke character completely.


Recording:

Most of the main characters were outside Fluttershy's cottage, talking about Discord. "Personally, I think we should come up with a backup plan, in case this whole 'befriending' business doesn't work out," Rainbow Dash suggested.

"Rainbow Dash is right. This is Discord we are talking about, girls. It wouldn't be a bad idea to have another trick up our sleeves," Agreed Rarity.

Twilight Sparkle thought for a moment. "And I think I know just the..." she trailed off as her eyes looked like they were following something or someone. The viewer then saw Applejack knocked on the door softly. Fluttershy came out quietly. For some reason Discord was nowhere to be seen.

All six characters looked towards the viewer. "Will he be back in a short while or a long time?" Twilight asked.


Were they watching me? Was I the only one in the house? I assumed any kid at that time, like me, would either be excited or scared to be home alone. I barely remember that.


Recording:

The mares looked to the viewer with concerned expressions. "Noah, you're a very brave and strong child in God's eyes."

The mares soon looked surprised for a second. "Darling it's ok if you didn't listen," said Rarity who looked liked she was trying to calm someone down.

Applejack looked on with a soft yet stern face. "Partner, do you remember what we would do if you're ever afraid?"

There was silence before they smiled and continued. "Yes Noah, we can help you," began Twilight as her face now became serious. "But you must do exactly what we say and you must be very careful."


Was I really left alone at a young age? I know my Mom worked and my Dad most likely went out to do his own thing. Could they even afford a babysitter?

With how I'm seeing this episode, the answers are becoming clearer, yet I feel a pit forming in my stomach. What did we do?


Recording:

The ponies looked like they were looking down at something while in the library. "Quite a common piece he carries," Rainbow said with her hooves crossed.

"It's small but deadly, yet it should be easy to take apar-" Twilight said before her friends suddenly looked scared. "No no no Noah, don't pick it up again. Just leave it there on the table and let me just see," she finished as her horn glowed.

After what felt like five minutes her horn stopped glowing. "Now that it's in pieces we should hide them somewhere and hope he doesn't go looking for them and use them for harm," She suggested.

Another brief moment of silence came until Pinkie let out a giggle. "Silly Noah, we can't put a piece in your toy chest."

"She's right darling maybe you should hide a piece in a far part of underneath your bathroom sink," Rarity suggested.

Fluttershy then pointed to something. "At least put whatever piece is heavy back in the box so it would at least feel like there's something inside."

There was another brief silence before Twilight beamed. "Good idea Noah, but if you're gonna hide most of them like that, you must act fast and at least bury them where he can't see the spot from a window."


My god. Did my Stepdad owned a weapon? Did I actually dug a hole in the backyard? How was I able to do it? I could barely lift a shovel at that age. Maybe I used my hands.


Recording:

The characters quickly gathered in a place where Celestia and Discord stood like statues. "Not only are you getting more resilience but you are getting smarter as well. We're so proud of you," said Twilight.

"But don't worry even if he finds other ways to hurt you, we'll always be your guardian angels and we will fight for you," said Rainbow with a look of determination.


Now I remember more about him. In case it wasn't obvious my Mom met him in a bar. He was always drinking either at home or in the bar. Whenever he had a bad day he would take it out on Mom and sometimes out at me when I happen to unfortunately get in his way. It was at this moment realization struck me and I dug up a recording of the episode titled "Magical Mystery Cure" it was the ending I was after.


Recording:

Twilight and her friends were in Canterlot celebrating her coronation. Twilight waved at the crowd from her chariot before facing the viewer. "Thank you Noah, it does feel wonderful but you look sad for some reason."

Another brief pause before she smiled warmly. "Noah I understand things are happening very fast," she began. "But you must understand change is inevitable and I know it's scary but in Deuteronomy 31:6 it says be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."

There was another pause before she nodded. "Yes Noah we will never forsake you, even if you don't see us."


I have to know more. What happened that made my Stepdad disappeared? Did they do something? Maybe I should consider taking a trip to Missouri for answers.