• Published 9th Feb 2024
  • 228 Views, 72 Comments

Harmony of Heroes: Ultimate Multiverse Explorers [Parallel Quest] - Cyrus Colter



At the start of a new adventure, Sweetie Belle encounters Rota Bage, a Saiyan. Together, they will go through many things to save the Omniverse from Light and Darkness.

  • ...
 72
 228

Chapter 1: A New Adventure, and A New Friend

About two years ago, the young filly named Sweetie Belle had been accidentally sent to another dimension by Twilight Sparkle. In this dimension that had been given the name of Dream Universe, Sweetie Belle landed in the castle of the self-proclaimed king of Dream Land: King Dedede, on a star-shaped planet named Popstar.

She began working for Dedede who trained her to fight in the hope of defeating the local hero, Kirby. But the filly ended up having many adventures beside said hero, making many friends, saving the kingdom, the world, and even the universe, becoming Queen of the sky kingdom of Floralia, and gaining powers beyond anything she had imagined.

After saving the God named Void from his hate, Sweetie Belle was able to return to Equestria aboard the dimensional spaceship Lor Starcutter of which she had become the captain, and there, she protected the kingdom from a bunch of villains before she returned to Dream Land, ready to accomplish her original goal: defeating Kirby.

In the following cosmic fight, Sweetie Belle ascended and became the Alicorn of the Void.

After accomplishing her goal, she returned to Equestria for a well deserved rest.

Her classmates had watched the fight against Kirby, so they already knew that she had ascended, but they still congratulated her, going a little too far as they now considered her a princess, like all the other alicorns. She had to remind them that she was already queen of another kingdom and that she wasn't intending to become a princess of Equestria, and so, that as long as she was in Equestria, or even anywhere else outside of the Dream Universe, she shouldn't be considered royalty.

There was also a little jealousy from Diamond Tiara who had been really shocked to see Sweetie Belle reach her dream. But knowing that the filly now could destroy a whole planet as if it was nothing, she controlled herself and remained friendly enough. Besides, antagonizing Sweetie Belle would also antagonize Apple Bloom and Scootaloo, which she didn't want to after they helped her discover her real talent.

A platform for the Lor Starcutter was built beside Twilight's castle, and beside it, there was now also a portal to Dream Land, built with the help of Magolor using the technology of the Ancients, the civilization that created the Dream Universe long ago.

Scootaloo took a very close interest in this advanced technology. She just found it very fascinating and regularly talked of how she could improve her scooter with it. Or, heck, how she could build an actual spaceship which would be MUCH better than a simple scooter!

Sweetie Belle began to teach her friends and a few others how to use their inner energy. She would call it Soul Energy, but this wasn't the same Soul Energy as in the Dream Universe. The Dream Universe's Soul Energy didn't exist in Equestria. But at least, the energy that replaced it was close enough, and the way to discover it was pretty much the same as what Sweetie Belle did the first time. It took however longer for many to discover it, but once they did, it wasn't long before they all could call it. Creating and throwing energy balls, however, was still above their level.

As a result of her over a year of being away, Sweetie Belle was behind everypony else in classes, so she studied a lot to catch up. She also studied magic with the help of Twilight and Starlight, to get inspirations for... tricks she could do in the future, with magic or other energies. She couldn't wait to see her future enemies' reaction when she will turn a simple stone into a gun. She had certainly loved to see Twilight's face when she did it in front of her! Of course, there wasn't any bullet, so it was okay. Sweetie Belle conveniently forgot to say that she could simply fire beams with it but, oh well, it wasn't as if she hadn't already a beam gun constantly on her forehead (the horn), and that she could fire more beams just from the air around her. Anything could be used as a weapon by her. Especially since she became an alicorn.

Which meant that she had to relearn to control her powers. She controlled them perfectly... before, but as an alicorn, if she didn't watch out, she could disintegrate a whole mountain very easily, forcing her to be very careful around everything whenever she used even an ounce of her powers. She went into the Everfree Forest to learn to control her powers without risking anypony's life, but after leveling a big chunk of the forest, she began to use a deserted planet in the Dream Universe as her training field. Void also helped her a lot.

It still took several months before she felt comfortable enough with her new powers that she dared to use them in the middle of Ponyville. Until then, the magic lessons with Twilight and Starlight weren't even in the castle, but in that cavern where a dragon had slept a few years ago, in a nearby mountain.

A few more months later, she felt that she was ready. That she had enough control to do what she wanted to do: go out and explore the Multiverse, or rather, the Omniverse, as it was really called. But since the majority knew it as the
Multiverse, even most Gods, then she will stick with it for now.

She was really missing going on adventures. She gained a taste for them in the Dream Universe, and she loved discovering new stuff and making new friends.

She wanted more.

So, like she said back on Popstar, she waited for a week-end and warned everypony that she would go. Rarity accepted after a resigned sigh, knowing that there was no changing her mind and that, anyway, she should worry more for whoever or whatever would try to hurt her. Apple Bloom and Scootaloo wanted to come, but their families refused, having no idea if the universe Sweetie Belle will find herself in will be dangerous or not.

"I promise that I will try to find a safe universe so I can bring you next time," Sweetie Belle said. "If that's alright," she then said while looking at Applejack and at one of Scootaloo's aunts.

They both nodded with Applejack saying "If that's safe, then alright, sugarcube." This brought back a smile on Apple Bloom and Scootaloo's muzzle.

"So, you will be taking the Lor?" Scootaloo then asked.

"Uh-uh," Sweetie Belle answered with a shake of her head before she smirked, materialized an energy sword, and used it to cut the space open, creating a rift.

"Show off," Apple Bloom said with a giggle, and Sweetie Belle answered her by sticking out her tongue at her.

"Anyway, I will try to come back before the end of the week-end, but Void told me about how some universes have their time passing faster or slower than ours, so I have no idea when I will be back. Say sorry to miss Cheerilee for me if I don't come back in time. Oh! I almost forgot!" A small earpiece device appeared beside her, and she quickly put it on. "He also told me that I was lucky to fall into an universe where the inhabitants were speaking the same language as me, but it won't be the case for all universes, so Magolor created this multiversal translator for me. Don't ask how it works, please. Ask Magolor directly if you want to know. Hey! Look! It can even turn invisible!" she shouted as she proceeded to demonstrate by pressing a small button on the device.

Twilight nodded in understanding. "Like this, the natives will ask less questions if... when they see you. I suppose it's why you aren't wearing your uniform too."

Sweetie Belle, who was indeed not wearing clothes, nodded. "Yes, so they won't think directly that I'm some alien and panic. They may just think that I'm an unknown species of animal or whatever."

The filly then exchanged some quick hugs with Rarity, Apple Bloom, and Scootaloo before she stepped through the portal which closed behind her.

Little did they know the meeting she was soon to have.


Rota Bage woke up with a start as her senses alerted her to a powerful presence entering the area, but looking around, the only thing that seemed to be out of place was a Galarian Ponyta with wings on the path below her.

Wait, since when did Galarian Ponyta have a winged variant?

And since when were wild GALARIAN Ponyta even found in Kanto?

She then checked her energy senses and began to mentally scold herself, Dumbass, that’s not a Pokemon, it’s an Equestrian alicorn. Wait. What’s it doing here?

Her thought was interrupted as a nearby trainer called out the Equine, thinking it to be a Pokemon, and intent on capturing it. Kids can’t even tell a native creature from an alien? Then again, I thought it was one too, so eh. Rota refocused in time to see the kid, who Rota recognized as an up-and-coming trainer named Ed, call out four of his Pokemon, the other two having apparently been knocked out with ease. Let’s see what happens here.

The alicorn raised a shield, sending a Fire Blast, Thunder, and Shadow Ball back at Ed’s Magmar, Jolteon and Gengar, the last one dodging it, while his Machamp went in for a Dynamic Punch, only for the alicorn to stop it and raised in midair with it’s magic.

Sending the Machamp into the Magmar with a punch, the alicorn dodged a Quick Attack from the Jolteon, and tried to counter the Gengar’s Sucker Punch. Despite the surprise when it couldn’t punch the ghost, it immediately retaliated with a beam that sent the Gengar flying into the trunk of the tree Rota was sitting in. Recovering from the jostling of her perch that resulted in, she looked back to the battle to see the alicorn slam the Jolteon and Magmar’s heads together, knocking them out, with the crowd slack jawed in awe.

Ed, who Rota had watched beat Blue Oak, the former champion and current practical Gatekeeper for the Kanto Regions entrance to the Indigo Plateau, literally yesterday, was beaten by a small pony-like creature.

Rota was about to drop down and confront the alicorn herself when an old man in what looked like a bomber jacket stepped forward, saying, “Call back your Pokemon, kid. My turn. I know just what to do to defeat it.”

Seeing him call out an Electrode made Rota facepalm with a groan as Ed quickly did as asked, everyone moving away. That’s not gonna work, it’s just gonna escape it somehow.

"Use Explosion!”

The Electrode started to glow, then released a small explosion, sending smoke and dirt everywhere.

The old man started to gloat, until the smoke cleared, revealing a hole in the ground where the alicorn had been standing immediately prior.
See?

Sensing the alicorn’s energy suddenly teleporting into a more secluded spot behind her, Rota decided she’d seen enough to justify a confrontation. Shifting her weight backwards, she landed into the shrubbery with a flip and started to make her way to the alicorn’s location, running through the brush, vaulting over the occasional log, and ultimately just flowing through her environment.

Spotting the alicorn as it shapeshifted into a human (which immediately sent Rota on high alert), Rota rolled her eyes as she saw the alicorn finish her disguise, leaving her hair the same. “You know they got a good enough look at you that leaving your hair that coloration would be a dead giveaway, right,” she asked out loud as she stepped forward into the light of the clearing.

“Uh I-” the shapeshifted alicorn stammered.

“Don’t bother trying to lie to me. You can hide your physical form, but not your ki,” Rota cut her off, followed by asking “How about we introduce ourselves?” Sticking her hand out to the clearly young Equestrian filly - Rota hadn’t been to any Equestria’s in a while, but the human form this one took all but confirmed it - Rota gave off her normal introductory spiel.

“My name is Rota Bage. I’m a member of the Saiyan Race, native to a universe I doubt you’ve ever heard of, I’m 28 years old and I travel the multiverse both for fun and correcting injustice.” As she gave her introduction, Rota stood firm, 5 foot 6 compared to the other girls 5 foot even-ish, her tail swaying behind her.

Though she seemed distracted by the latter, the alicorn answered her after a moment. “Nice to meet you, my name’s Sweetie Belle. I only recently became an alicorn, but was born a unicorn. It’s complicated. I’m from a universe that I’m not going to assume one way or another of you knowing about it, 13 years old, and I’m just looking to do, actually much the same thing you do, ma’am.”

“Is that so? Well, how long have you got to stick around this universe?” Rota asked in pleasant surprise.

“Tomorrow evening at latest. I’m not sure about the time difference.” Sweetie Belle said as she rubbed the back of her neck.

“Yeah, that always sucks. How’s this sound? I’ll show you around, maybe help you get started on the local form of entertainment before you need to go home. In exchange, I want to have a fight of my own with you,” Rota said with a bit of a challenging air at the end.


Really, writer? You’re not gonna make this easy on me, are you? As Sweetie Belle thought this, a small spider like Pokemon started making a web in the shape of a word and caught in her peripheral vision.

No.

Well buck you too. “Deal, but we’ll have to have the fight tomorrow. I don’t want to risk hurting anyone this early into my visit.”

“I was thinking similarly. Anyway, Viridian City’s closest so change your hair and let’s get going.” the tailed woman, Rota, said as she gave a smirk. Changing her hair to a light auburn with a quick ruffling, Sweetie stepped up beside Rota as the two went back towards the path Sweetie fought the Trainer, Ed, on.

The two soon returned to the path to see the crowd dispersing, Sweetie following Rota towards Viridian City. Neither paid any mind to the three trainers still staring at the hole the filly had dug.

Author's Note:

I would like to thank Lucar for giving me the encouragement needed to get this written in the first place.

Anyways, first story, and it's a retelling of an in-progress story that I'm helping write. :ajbemused:
That irony aside, I hope this does better than I fear.

Rota Bage is my Female Saiyan OC, made in Xenoverse 2.

Hope to see you again.