• Published 25th Jan 2024
  • 1,619 Views, 160 Comments

New Moon - Majestic_Donut



"This... is not what I was expecting to happen when Nightmare was defeated..." ~ Celestia

  • ...
3
 160
 1,619

“What did you say?”

Strange how few accidents happen when magic isn't involved. For about two weeks Celestia and Cadence alternated taking care of Luna for the day. The castle had gone three days disaster free (I mean, I know that doesn't sound like a lot, but where little Lulu is concerned, this is a record high), and Luna was sleeping through the nights almost completely. With planning for the Grand Galloping Gala going well and Luna being marginally more well behaved, Celestia felt like she could actually breathe for once.

-BOOM-

-Sigh- Make that now zero days disaster free...

"LUNA?!!! WHAT DID YOU DO?!?!?" Celestia screamed as she rushed to where Cadence had been watching her.

"I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY SHE WANTED TO HELP MAKE COOKIES SO I TOOK OFF THE RING SO SHE COULD HELP AND THEN-"

"CADENCE!!!! What?!" Celestia interrupted.

"-deep breath- Luna was trying to help me make cookies, so I figured she'd have an easier time helping with magic instead of her hooves and well..." Cadence gestured to the massive explosion of cookie batter and chocolate chips covering every available surface, including a certain little filly who was eating what little batter remained in the bowl and the batter on herself.

"I see..." Celestia acknowledged, craning her neck in every direction. How did the batter end up THERE?! "This is why the inhibitor ring stays on Luna's horn at all times. She is far too young to be using so much of it now. Until she's old enough to comprehend her actions, we won't be removing that ring. Understood?" Celestia lectured.

"I-I understand but..."

"But?"

"What did you do when you two were fillies then? We clearly did not have that technology in... your time..."

"Did you just call me old?"

"N-no I didn't mean-"

"Relax Cady, you're fine! As for when Luna and I were fillies, there was very little to lose. Most notably, there were next to no ponies or life of any kind when we were young. Today, however... there are at least 50 ponies in a hundred foot radius of us and at least 8 guards just outside these doors in the hallway. Alicorn filly magic definitely CAN NOT run rampant and unrestrained now like it did then..." Celestia explained. Not to mention there were um... a few casualties even to the few that populated Equus...

"Oh... yeah that makes sense. Never again!" Cadence agreed as she popped that ring back on Luna's horn. However, it didn't quite go all the way down. "Um... did her horn get bigger?"

Celestia looked and noticed the same thing. "Hmm, must be a growth spurt. We'll get her fitted for a bigger ring. For now, this should still work."


One sleep and a new inhibitor ring later, Celestia decided to bring Luna with her to the Day Court.

Amongst the many nobles and common ponies who came to visit, not a one had any problems with Luna's presence. They even seemed to adore such a cute filly being there to lighten up the typically stale, negative mood in the Day Court. Word actually spread quickly that Luna was in the day court with Celestia and ponies came just to get a chance to see the baby alicorn or get pictures of her. Everypony absolutely loved her.

They... they love her... Celestia realized to herself. If Luna doesn't yet understand what a wonderful thing that is, I hope she does someday. I didn't love her as she needed me to a thousand years ago, but I don't think there's any doubt in her mind now that her subjects love her. I can only hope this love remains when she isn't a cute little filly anymore...

At that last thought, it truly hit Celestia that Luna wouldn't be a little filly forever. Though they had encountered countless dead ends in finding out how to get Luna back to normal, Celestia found herself not caring, having just gotten used to raising her filly sister.

Is it strange of me... to hope my ponies never find a way to age Luna back up again? I've never dealt with this side of Luna... with this experience behind me. We were both just foals. I could barely take care of myself, much less Luna. Neither of us had much in the way of a normal foal-hood... Perhaps this is a second chance for both of us. A second chance at the foal-hood Luna deserves and a second chance for me to be the sister she deserves.

"What do you think Luna, do you like being a filly?" Celestia asked to a curious Luna.

"-incoherent babbling-"

"I'll take that as a yes. Is Tia a good mommy?" Celestia asked, not expecting any answer.

"Bah ble phff mmm Tia!"

Celestia suddenly stopped just looking at Luna and lifted her up with her hooves. "Wait, what did you say?"

"-blows a raspberry-"

"Can you say 'Tia' again?"

"Tia."

"Oh my gosh... you said my name. YOU SAID MY NAME!!!!! YOUR FIRST WORD AND IT'S MY NAME!!! CADYYYYYYY!!!!!!!" Celestia screamed with glee while a very confused and disgruntled Luna was hoisted away to be carried to Cadence's wing of the castle. W-what did I do??? (Luna thought, probably).

Author's Note:

Okay, shorter chapter by like 200 words but it's fine! I needed to close here because it leads into the events of the next chapter.

I made some art but it's basic.

(not sure what happened to the image, but it’s also on my Discord linked in the long description)

I have an idea for a Woona/Celestia fan art I think will be cute and it may or may not be tagged in the next chapter. Until then, do the stuffity stuff and have a great day!