• Published 23rd Jan 2024
  • 264 Views, 17 Comments

The Vampire Prince of the Night - Big Imagination E



Join the Rainbooms and Octavia as they head to the Manehatten theater to enjoy the music and uncover a mystery about this Night Ghost.

  • ...
7
 17
 264

Finding Octavia

The Rainbooms and Vinyl were still in the bedroom waiting for Octavia to return but they haven't heard from her for almost two hours now and were starting to get worried.

"Girls? Where's Octavia?" Twilight asked.

"I don't know. She's been gone for two hours now and I haven't heard anything from her. Vinyl do you think something bad happened while she was on her walk?" Sunset wondered.

"I honestly don't think so. But I think we should go and try and find her just to make sure she's ok." Vinyl suggested.

The girls all agreed and got up trying to see where Octavia is. But when they tried getting the door open they couldn't budge it. It was locked!

"Uh girls? I think someone locked the door." Fluttershy worried.

"Who would lock the door like that!?" Rarity panicked.

"Calm down Rares! Lemme see if I can use my super strength to break the lock." Applejack said.

Activating her geode she used her super strength to quietly break the lock off the door. Reason why is because everyone else was still sleeping. Applejack succeeded at that and cued her friends to quietly tiptoed out of the room and proceed to find their missing friend.


They searched high and they searched low. They looked everything to see where Octavia could possibly be. But no one could find her. They all headed to the performance hall to see if there was any trace of her. But so far there was nothing. Then they all went to the empty bedroom with the giant mirror and sat down in worry.

“Where can Octavia be? We know she was with us in the theater.” Rarity answered.

“You don’t think that an evil alien aducted her and they are probing her badly?!” Pinkie asked.

“Pinkie there’s no such thing as aliens. I seriously doubt it was that.” Rainbow replied.

Then Pinkie laid her head on the frame and to their surprise the giant mirror slowly slid open revealing a passageway to the unknown. The girls were all surprised seeing that and wondered if Octavia was in there.

“Pinkie. How on earth did you make that mirror open?” Sunset asked.

“I don’t know. I just laid my head on it.” Pinkie answered.

“Well whatever you did I think Octavia could be in there. I could be wrong but maybe we should check it out.” Vinyl said.

The girls all nodded in agreement and one by one they all entered the mirror and followed down the stairs to what secret it holds.


Meanwhile with Nightshadow and Octavia they were actually getting along pretty well. In fact Nightshadow was showing her his art collection he made.

“Wow I can’t believe that you created these fine works of art.” Octavia smiled.

“Why thank you. I made all these as they high shrine to beauty. All these works of high art you see are to remember my father who passed away some time ago.” Nightshadow said sadly.

“Oh my. I’m so sorry about your loss. Were you and your father close?” Octavia asked.

“You could say that. When I was a little boy my father was the most caring person anyone could ever had. And he vowed to always protect me from harm. But suddenly in his original castle where he and mom were a fire started spreading and killed my mother. My father was lucky he got out but while he was running away someone stabbed him in the heart with a wooden staff. Before he died he gave me his immortality and I was off on my own. Not wanting to be found and killed is when I found this theater in Manehattan. So I constructed this lair and I’ve living here since. Cause no one can accept me for who I am and all they see in me is a monster.” Nightshadow explained sadly.

Octavia couldn't help but shed a few tears to his story. Losing his father really broke his heart.

"I can't believe you lost father. I'm so sorry for you. Plus I still wanted to see my parents." Octavia replied.

"That's right I almost forgot. Here lemme bring them to you and you can tell them how much you miss them." Nightshadow said.

Using his spiritual abilities he created a pathway for the spirits to travel to come down here. Then suddenly two balls of pure light came down and formed into two people that Octavia was very happy to see. Both of them were dressed as singers and violin players. When Octavia saw them she cried a little as she stared at them that she missed for a long time. Meanwhile with the Rainbooms they were travelling down the lair and suddenly they saw Nightshadow making using his powers to give Octavia a chance to see her parents one last time.

"Girls? Who is that guy?" Rarity whispered.

"It's him! The Night Ghost!" Fluttershy said quietly.

"Well heavens to Betsy! There really is a Night Ghost here. But yet he's not harming Octavia." Applejack said.

"I think he's doing this to be ready to harm her! I'll stop that guy!" Rainbow said as she ran fast towards him. The Rainbooms tried stopping her but it was too late.

Back with Nightshadow and Octavia she finished saying her final goodbyes to her parents and they disappeared into thin air. She smiled at Nightshadow to say thank you for letting her see her parents one last time. But suddenly a rainbow blur came in front of Nightshadow and punched him in the face and he flew to the ground knocking over a few pieces of his art collection. Octavia saw that and gasped.

Then the blur became more whole as Rainbow Dash came in front of him and repeatedly punched him in the face again and again. She stopped and grabbed him by the neck collar.

"Alright you! Why did you kidnap Octavia?! Spill the goods!!" Rainbow shouted.

"Rainbow have you lost your mind?! He didn't kidnap me!! Let him go!" Octavia snapped.

"Not until he tells me why he took you down here!" Rainbow retorted.

Then the other Rainbooms showed up and they saw what Rainbow was doing. They immediately went to her and pulled her away from Nightshadow and she kept on kicking and screaming til Rarity came up and slapped her in the face.

"Rainbow! Have you have no self control?! What is your problem?!" Rarity shouted.

While they were arguing Octavia went to Nightshadow and carefully helped him up. Vinyl saw him and went to Octavia's side to get a better look.

"Tavi. Are you alright? We were worried about you." Vinyl asked.

"Yeah I'm okay. Actually I'm more than fine. But I don't appreciate the fact that Rainbow attacked my friend for no reason!" Octavia answered.

She took out a tissue and cleaned off some of the blood that was coming out of his nose. After she did that the Rainbooms got closer to him and slowly made sure he wasn't pissed at them.

"We are so sorry sir. Rainbow has a anger problem and always keeps trying to fight her way out of her problems with violence. We're terribly sorry." Sunset apologized.

He turned his head to face them and was very mad at Rainbow for attacking him. As for the others he can tell that Sunset is telling the truth and isn't violent like Rainbow.

"I see you found my lair. And I accept your apology. But as for your rainbow friend I will not allow her actions to go unpunished. She attacked me for no reason and thought I harmed your friend when clearly she is wrong." Nightshadow replied.

"Oh way to go Rainbow. Thanks for using violence that stupidly got us all punished because of your anger problems hothead!!" Vinyl frowned.

"Sorry! I thought he was harming Octavia!" Rainbow reasoned.

"Rainbow! He wasn't harming me!! All he was doing is give me his company down here! And he allowed me to see my parents again after so long. Then you came in and angered him! He's my friend! In fact he was the one that thought I was a blooming flower and talented musician." Octavia cried.

The Rainbooms took everything that Octavia said and Vinyl went to her.

"He really said that you were a blooming flower and talented musician?" Vinyl asked and Octavia nodded yes. "Then I don't see anything evil with him. If he is not harming you then I respect him."

She then turned to Nightshadow and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Nightshadow is it? Listen I'm sorry that Rainbow attacked you. I can promise you that we will have a long talk with her. But I want you to understand that you have my full trust. You kept Octavia company in here and I respect someone who cares for my friend. So thank you for being there for her as a friend." Vinyl said.

"Thank you Miss Vinyl. At least you and the others have some respect. Unlike her." He said pointing at Rainbow. "Consider this a warning Rainbow. If your anger continues then dire consequences will happen that can harm your friendship."

"You might need to take his advice hon. We don't want you lashing out again." Applejack said.

"Okay fine. But I still don't trust that guy." Rainbow snarked.

The Rainbooms, Vinyl and Octavia frowned at her remark and then they decided to head back to rest up for tomorrow. The last one to enter the mirror was Octavia and before she left she needed to hear his voice one last time. Nightshadow paused and looked at her.

"Nightshadow. Please don't take it out on Rainbow. I know what she did was wrong but she means well. For me please?" Octavia asked.

He really didn't want to hurt her feelings. On one hand he was still pissed at Rainbow for the assault. But on the other hand he wouldn't go against Octavia's wish and attack one of her friends. So he crossed his heart and vowed to her.

"I promise Octavia. But if the anger continues consuming her then the consequences could be dire." Nightshadow replied.

That was all she needed to hear and she eventually turned away and walked off to catch up with the others as the mirror sealed behind her. So the Rainbooms finally meet the Vampire Prince but Rainbow might have screwed up big time making him mad.

Author's Note:

So the Rainbooms finally meet the Vampire Prince. And Rainbow? You should be ashamed of yourself. Attacking him for no reason when he clearly did no harm to Octavia. I can only hope your anger doesn't consume you.