• Published 23rd Jan 2024
  • 264 Views, 17 Comments

The Vampire Prince of the Night - Big Imagination E



Join the Rainbooms and Octavia as they head to the Manehatten theater to enjoy the music and uncover a mystery about this Night Ghost.

  • ...
7
 17
 264

The Musician and The Vampire Prince

For quite a long period of time Octavia and Nightshadow stared at each other in utter silence til he spoke to her.

"So the folk tales are true. There is a lovely musician who can sing and make wonderful music." Nightshadow spoke.

Octavia blushed at his comment.

"Well thank you. I appreciate your kind gesture." Octavia said.

"A blooming flower you are and quite frankly has good taste in music. I guess I certainly made the right call having you open the show I witnessed." Nightshadow replied.

"Wait. Are you saying that you were the one that made all this happen?" Octavia asked.

"Why yes I did. I was also the one that gave you that rose for a wonderful performance." Nightshadow said as he walked down the steps and went to her slowly. "Oh but where are my manners? I didn't introduce myself. I am Nightshadow. The Vampire Prince and leader of the Peacelighter Vampires."

"Vampire? You're A vampire?" Octavia asked.

"Yes. But I'm not an evil vampire like the ones you see in movies. No no. I am far different from the other vampires." Nightshadow answered.

"Well thank you for telling me that. But what exactly is a Peacelighter vampire?" Octavia asked.

"I'm glad you asked. You see Octavia Peacelighter vampires are actually ones that try to spread peace and harmony throughout the world. A thousand years ago we were a peaceful race and we try to help the people rid the ones that cause sinful acts of crime. But lately they wouldn't believe us and resulted in killing us. I was the only one who managed to escape from those faces of the outside world. And I constructed a secret lair underneath this theater where no one would find me." Nightshadow explained.

"Oh I'm sorry that your people were killed. But hang on. Were you also observing me? Cause if I remember correctly I kept seeing a shadowy figure. First through the window and then in Box Five." Octavia wondered.

"That was me my dear." Nightshadow admitted.

Octavia couldn't believe that the whole time Nightshadow was observing her and the performance. There were so many questions she wanted to ask but can't right now.

"Ok. Also if you really are a good vampire then how come you haven't been sucking people's blood? Don't vampires need that to survive?" Octavia asked.

"Technically yes. But I don't go around sucking people's blood. The only times I do suck blood is when I see a human that has a heart of darkness and causes crimes throughout the world. I leave the innocent be and only attack the sinful." Nightshadow explained.

"So you only hurt bad people?" Octavia added.

"Yes. They have no concept of the harm which I am capable of doing. If only because I really hate to see them waste such innocent lives when they can be spent further on in the future." Nightshadow replied.

"Oh I see. But how did you get here? When you first arrived in the theater?" Octavia asked.

"I'm afraid that is something I can't share with. It's a long story and brings up unpleasant memories." Nightshadow said sheepish.

"Oh sorry. I didn't know." Octavia apologized.

"It's okay. It happens you know?" Nightshadow replied.

"Yes that's true. So why exactly did you think that I was the perfect girl for the opening act of the show?" Octavia wondered.

"Because I saw the potential in you. You had the voice of an angel and if I'm not mistaken you played a wonderful tune on your cello during your free time. I can assume that your mother and father have taught you very well." Nightshadow responded.

"Well yes. My mother was always quite a violin player herself and my father was a singer too." Octavia said but then a sad look appeared on her face. "But sadly my father died when I was young, complications from heart failure. My mother cared for me until I was old enough to strike out on my own. I moved here annd enrolled to Canterlot High to become an official musician, eventually achieving my dream of joining the Royal Symphony. Unfortunately, my pursuits led me to…fall out of contact with my mother. I wrote her less and less as my life became busier." Nightshadow noticed with worry that tears were starting to run down Octavia's grey-coated cheeks. "The…*sniff*…the last letter I received from her…she had developed cancer, a-and had only a few weeks to live."

She sniffed again as she fished a kerchief out of her dress and began dabbing her eyes with it. Nightshadow, despite himself, gently wrapped his hand around Octavia's hand to comfort her. She started slightly at the sudden contact, but somehow, the act seemed to soothe her enough to continue her tale. "I hadn't talked to her in s-so long, and I-I felt guilty…*sniff*…I immediately returned to my hometown to see her…t-to apologize. By the time I got there, she w-was already confined to her bed."

Nightshadow hugged her as he rubbed her back trying to calm her down as she cried.

"I am so sorry for your loss. I can assume that you and your mother were really close." Nightshadow replied.

"Yes. But I never got the chance to say goodbye after I left. Now I feel really sad." Octavia cried.

"Hey hey it's ok. And you know something? I actually have spirit powers that can do things most people can't. Including seeing people that passed away some time ago." Nightshadow explained. "Would you like to see your parents again?"

"You would really show my parents again?" Octavia hoped.

"Why yes. If you want to see them they don't be afraid to ask." Nightshadow assured.

"Then I wish to see my dear mother and father again. And tell them that I really miss them." Octavia replied.

"Your wish is my command. Follow me to my secret lair and I will grant you the pleasure of seeing your parents again." Nightshadow said.

He took out his hand and Octavia placed her hand on his as he gently took it. He led her to the mirror in one of the bedrooms and used his magic as the giant mirror slowly slid open, a mist swirls from within, and he allowed Octavia to go in first. He then stepped in as the mirror closes from behind. It would seem that the Vampire Prince and Octavia are getting along well. How will the Rainbooms react when they heard that Octavia is missing? Only time will tell.

Author's Note:

So the Vampire Prince and Octavia are getting along. But the Rainbooms might need to go looking for her and we can only hope that they will trust Nightshadow.