• Published 23rd Jan 2024
  • 264 Views, 17 Comments

The Vampire Prince of the Night - Big Imagination E



Join the Rainbooms and Octavia as they head to the Manehatten theater to enjoy the music and uncover a mystery about this Night Ghost.

  • ...
7
 17
 264

The Performance

The next morning everyone was fully awake and all dressed. They all headed to the performance hall and found Madame Violet and Principal Celestia discussing something. But then they both saw the class coming to them.

"Good morning students. I hope everyone slept well." Celestia said.

They all nodded and said yes.

"That's wonderful to hear. Because I just received this letter from our mysterious friend. Aka The Night Ghost." Madame Violet said holding a letter.

"Umm Madame Violet? Who exactly is this Night Ghost?" Fluttershy asked.

"Well he's actually a legend that no one knows how he came here. But I'm sure he means well." Madame Violet said.

Everyone was a little confused hearing that. They have never heard anything about a Night Ghost before in their lives. Meanwhile on the bleachers Nightshadow was hiding in the shadows observing the group of people on the stage.

"Oh I certainly do mean well. Now let's see what they can do in these musical arts." Nightshadow replied.

Then Madame Violet opened up the letter and began to read it.

"Sirs and madams I hereby welcome you to my theater." Madame Violet started.

"His theater?" Rainbow asked.

"I heard that you fine people with be staying here for three months and you are willing to learn the wonderful skills on theatre. So I have your first assignment. Since Madame Violet has done a wonderful job training these fine ladies for another play I believe that their should be a grand performance to open the show. So I would like for you all to practice your voices and whoever most impresses me I shall choose that person to open the show. Au revoir. N.G." Madame Violet finished.

"A grand performance? That sounds like a wonderful idea to open up the show." Celestia smiled.

"Yes. But I simply do not know which one of you will open up the show." Madame Violet worried.

Then they heard a scoff. It came from a man with dirty blonde hair all groomed well. He was Blueblood.

“Exactly what performance could this ‘Night Ghost’ have in mind?” Blueblood said, mockingly. “Perhaps he means for the dead to rise from the graves and dance vaudeville.”

Celestia frowned at his rude remark.

"Blueblood I thought I told you no disrespecting the choices of whoever is in charge of making the music arts. If I hear another rude remark out of you then you can check your attitude at the door." Celestia said.

The people oohed meaning that if he continues then he's in big trouble. Meanwhile Nightshadow saw the remark he made and his eyes pierced in anger.

"How dare he disrespect the arts of music? I better keep an eye on him just to be sure. But for now let's see which one will open tonight's show." Nightshadow said.

He sat down and prepared to watch the people go at it. Hours went by and though he heard some great singers he can't decide on who he'll choose. Then Madame Violet came to everyone with an announcement.

"Okay everyone. You all have wonderful voices. But to be honest I don't know which one to pick. As anyone not got a chance to sing?" Madame Violet asked.

"I haven't Madame Violet. Only cause I'm A little nervous." Octavia answered.

"Come now dear. I know that you might be a little nervous and that's okay. So please sing for us." Madame Violet encouraged.

"Ok. I shall sing." Octavia said.

So Octavia went to the center of the stage and took a deep breath and cued the piano player to start and she sang.

https://m.

Octavia started to sing beautifully during the song. Meanwhile Nightshadow heard her lovely voice and observed her talents. Needless to say that he is starting to get impressed. He swayed his head to the rhythm and Octavia posed ending her verse and the song. Everyone was in shock how she can sing and applauded her. Even Nightshadow clapped his hands for a wonderful performance.

"Very impressive. Yes. She will be the one to open tonight's show." Nightshadow replied.

He took out another sheet of paper and wrote another message. Once he finished it he let it float down and Madame Violet saw it. She grabbed it and looked at the message. She smiled and went to everyone.

"Octavia my dear you were a gem! And you most certainly are gonna wanna hear this." Madame Violet smiled.

She looked at the message and started reading.

"Ladies and gentlemen. I have heard your voices and did well. However one of you has certainly impressed me a lot. Because of that I have made my decision. The person who will open tonight's show is none other than Miss Octavia Melody. You will receive a special dress that's awaiting you in the room. I look forward to see this performance in Box Five which will be kept empty. I bid you good luck. N.G." Madame Violet finished.

Octavia smiled and all the Rainbooms hugged her including Vinyl.

"Tavi! That was amazing! I didn't know that you can sing!" Vinyl smiled.

"Me either. I'm surprised as well." Octavia admitted.

"Well darling you singed beautifully. And you will have no problem opening tonight's show. You deserve this." Rarity praised.

Octavia smiled and hugged her friends and knows that tonight will be the best one ever.


Nighttime rolled in and we see lots of people getting their seats and sat down waiting for the show to start. Backstage we see Octavia wearing the dress she was given by the mysterious Night Ghost. It was a purple dress with lavender trimmings and amethysts decorated all over. She looked on the stage and was nervous about performing. Then her friends came to her.

"You nervous Octavia?" Twilight asked.

"Yes Twilight. I never done this before. What if I mess up out there?" Octavia worried.

"Don't be silly Octavia. You did a fine job singing earlier. We know that you are gonna do great out there. And we'll be watching from backstage rooting for you the whole time." Applejack assured.

"Yeah! Get out there and sing!" Pinkie cheered.

Octavia chuckled a little and smiled. "Thanks girls."

Then Madame Violet came to the group.

"Miss Octavia. It's time." She replied.

"Thank you Madame Violet. Alright. Here I go." Octavia said with confidence.

"Break a leg out there. Not literally." Rainbow replied.

Octavia walked to the stage and took a deep breath and was ready. But then she saw a shadowy figure sitting in Box Five. Normally that would make her nervous yet all she feels is safe. Then Madame Violet came from behind the curtains and prepared to open the show.

"Welcome ladies and gentlemen. I like to thank you all for coming here tonight. Now before we start the show there is a grand performance that you will witness to open tonight's show from my special guest. So please welcome the talented, the lovely Miss Octavia Melody." Madame Violet said.

The audience applauded as the curtains rose up only to see Octavia Melody standing on this very stage and as the piano played she started singing.

https://m.

As she sang, tears started to spring to her eyes because of how much emotion she was putting into this song. The audience started to cry a little. They knew that is a lovely song and with that much emotion made it all the more romantic. Even the Rainbooms couldn't hold their tears. After her performance was over and done, she stood there with tears flowing down her face as she looked out amongst the crowd. There was nothing but silence for a while but then the crowd erupted into cheers and applause at such a wonderful show. Octavia smiled brightly and bowed to the crowd before slowly making her way backstage. Her friends all ran up to her and engulfed her in a huge hug.

“That...Was...Amazing!” Twilight professed loudly.

"You were terrific Tavi! That was an amazing grand performance! You know if this Night Ghost really made this so great then I really need to thank him." Vinyl said so happy.

On the bleachers Nightshadow heard what Vinyl said and smiled hearing that she wants to thank him for this performance.

"How kind of you Miss Vinyl. I will accept your kind gratitude." Nightshadow said as he used his magic to bring out a lovely midnight blue rose. "And for Miss Octavia she will receive this rose for a wonderful opening."

He walked off the bleachers and placed the rose on a chair in the room where Octavia and her friends were sleeping in and left. Then the show continued on and after it was done everyone left and the class all headed to their room to rest. At the same time the Rainbooms, Octavia and Vinyl came in and saw the rose. Octavia went to it and picked it up smiling.

"Oh my. Such a beautiful rose." Octavia said.

"Yes. It is a kind gesture of him to send that rose." Rarity agreed.

"Oh please! That is clearly because this so called Night Ghost thinks Octavia is the best at singing! Well he just wasted his time when really it should had been me!" Blueblood snarked.

"I will have you know Blueblood that Octavia is a great singer! All you done is be a bossy bitch and a royal pain in the ass! So you don't deserve to be singing to open up that show!" Rarity said angry.

"Whatever. She is a wasted talent and will fall to the lowest stops before you know it." Blueblood said rudely.

That statement made Octavia cry as Vinyl hugged her for confrontation. But as Blueblood was about to leave he came face to face with Principal Celestia and boy she was not happy with his actions.

"Blueblood. I thought I told you not to disrespect your classmates. Outside the theater now." Celestia said.

Blueblood lowered his head and Celestia grabbed him by the ear and dragged him out of the theater. Yep he is definitely in trouble. Now with the Rainbooms they were calming down Octavia after he rudely disrespected her.

"There there Tavi. Don't listen to what that grouch says ok? You did great tonight and nothing can change that. Okay?" Vinyl said.

Octavia stopped crying and smiled at her friend. "Okay. Thank you Vinyl. But I need to clear my head. I'm gonna go for a walk. I will be right back."

"Ok Octavia. Take your time." Sunset said.

So Octavia left the bedroom and shut the door. After she went off a black glove-clad hand inserts a key to the lock in the door. Slowly, the hand twists the key around a few times, till the lock finally clicks softly. Drawing the key back, the person with the key turns and swiftly, silently, walks off.


Octavia walked around the theater to clear her head and hopefully will feel better and not listen to anymore of Blueblood's lies. Then she entered the performance hall and sat in a seat trying to calm down. Then suddenly she felt a breeze coming in and was feeling a little cold. She got a little nervous and didn't why it was happening and then she heard a voice singing.

https://m.

Octavia could hear the deep tenor voice singing and she started to feel a little better as it was reminding her that her Angel is watching. She even decided to sing along and after the deep tenor voice finished the song everything went quiet. Then a spotlight shined on a man in the center of the stage as Octavia saw him. It was Nightshadow. He and Octavia stared at each other for a good long time in silence waiting to see who makes the first move.

The Vampire Prince and Octavia finally meet face to face.

Author's Note:

So Octavia and the Vampire Prince finally meet! Time to see how it will go down.