• ...
 10
 325

Chapter 4-New Rangers In Town

At Scarlet Knight’s lair, Scarlet Knight was digging through a pile of rubbish, looking for something he could use then Chomp Tox teleported with another Negacore Beast.

“I found us a friend!”

“I’m Drago Rock!” He introduces himself.

“Quiet! I’m about to finish my robotic master!” Scarlet Knight finishes the wire of his creation and power surges through it. “Rise, Vulcan!”

“Ow.” He said, hitting a light shade.

“Well, he’s not smart, but he’s tough,” Chomp Tox asked as she hit his shoulder.

“You tell me?” Vulcan knocked her back.

“Yep, very tough,” Chomp Tox weakly said.

“Vulcan’s deadly. But he needs one last piece. The Nether Orb. A mystic gemstone that grants power. Once it’s installed in your chest, you’ll be invincible. Beast, steal the orb from the museum.”

“My name is Drago Rock.”

“Quiet! The orb for me. I’ll steal it,” Vulcan said to him.

“Ooh! Can I can come too?” Chomp Tox asked.

“If you behave. Now I want no mistakes. Here’s the plan.”

As Scarlet Knight tells his minions of his plan of stealing The Nether Orb, at Crown Feed, Pinkie and Starlight were preparing Twilight for an interview in hopes of her blending in.

“Are you sure I should interview for this reporter job? I have only experience in fighting monsters.”

“Call that tackling tough tasks.”

“And piloting a giant Zord.”

“Flashy style.”

“And taking care of Negacore Beasts.”

“Recycle. See? Now whatever do don’t mention to Jackpot Crunch that you’re over 300 years old. Got it?” Starlight requested.

“Got it,” Twilight nodded.

Once they were upstairs, Pinkie and Starlight waited for Twilight as a girl with streaks of red and yellow outside of Jackpot Crunch’s office was playing on guitar.

“Nice tune you got there,” Pinkie said to her.

“Hey, are you going for the reporter job?” Starlight asked her.

“Yeah, Jackpot Crunch told me to wait. I’m trying to earn money to get a better guitar than this one.”

Then Jackpot Crunch opens the door and walks Twilight out.

“Thanks for coming in. Twilight. Sunset,” Jackpot Crunch said, “As a final test, I’m giving you each an assignment. Whoever does it better gets the job. Cool?”

“Cool,” Twilight said.

“Sunset, you’ll do a story on the Nether Orb,” He gave her a green folder and gave Twilight a red one. “It’s a gemstone said to have mystical powers. It’s on display at the museum. And for you, Twilight, the city’s top teen athlete trains at Cantelot High. To find out what makes her tick. I want to know her coach, her routine, her name.”

“Her name is Rainbow Dash,” Twilight read the contents.

“Nice one. Ok, best of luck to both of you.”

At Canterlot High, students were on the track and field, practicing.

“Humans are some strange things,” Twilight said, seeing the stadium.

Then a javelin was thrown and a girl with rainbow hair in a blue tracksuit wearing headphones was seen.

“Hey, that’s her. Rainbow Dash.”

“Nice throw you got there.”

“Thanks, I’ve been practicing.”

“My name’s Twilight. I’m doing a story for Crown Feed, and I want to tell the city all about your amazing skills.”

“No dice. I don’t do interviews. I gotta improve my throw before the next meet.”

“I’ll make a deal with you. I show you a trick to improve your throw and you give me a story.”

“Show me a trick? You’re on.”

“If want to get more distance, release the javelin at a slight upward angle.”

Rainbow followed her advice and she threw it. The javelin went further than the other ones she did.

“Okay, you got yourself an interview.”

At Canterlot Museum, Sunset was going through the file as she stood next to the gem.

“So, Professor, is it true that the Nether Orb possesses mystical powers?” Sunset asked.

And right on cue, Chomp Tox, Drago Rock, and Vulcan came in.

“And scream!” Chomp Tox said, scaring the customers out.

“Negacore Beasts!”

“Now, where’s the orb?” Chomp Tox asked as the three looked for it as Sunset hid behind another one.

“It’s mine! All mine!” Vulcan found it then Chomp Tox grabbed it.

“Also mine!”

“Keep up, Beast.”

“My name is Drago Rock.”

“Who cares?”

None of them knew that Sunset watched the whole thing.

“Rangers Hotline? There’s Negacore Beats at the museum,” Sunset said.

Meanwhile, Twilight did her interview with Rainbow Dash. Starlight got a call from Spike.

“Spike, what’s up?”

Hotline Alert. Negacore Beasts spotted at the museum.

“Got it.”

“So, always start with a stretch, then light warm up,” Rainbow said to her as Twilight wrote what she said then noticed Pinkie who did the ‘We got a Ranger situation’ look.

“I’m sorry. We have to go. Maybe we can talk another time.”

“Uh, sure. No problem.”

“There’s an attack at the museum,” Starlight explained as they walked away from.

“Isn’t that where Sunset is going.”

“Ooh! I don’t know what nether is, but I know power when it’s in my hands,” Vulcan said as it surged through its hand.

Then a vehicle pulled and who came out was Warden Stickler.

“That belongs to the people of Canterlot! Put it down!” He told them.

“How about I put you down?!”

Vulcan fired a shock wave from his swords and sent the warden back knocking him out then the rangers showed. “What now?”

“He’s the orb from Sunset’s assignment,” Pinkie said.

“If Scarlet Knight wants it, then we got to stop him,” Starlight nodded.

“Those are the rangers,” Chomp Tox told Vulcan.

“Those pipsqueaks? Impossible?”

“Don’t believe it? See for yourself. It’s Morphin Time!”

"Friendship Fury Key! Activate! Link to Morphin' Grid! Friendship Fury Power!"

“I show you power!” Vulcan said as he and Drago Rock battled the Rangers.

“I love this part!”

Running out of the museum, Sunset hides behind a box container and watches the rangers fight against Vulcan.

Vulcan kicked Pinkie from the back and hurled them into Starlight.

“I’m spitting fire!”

Drago Rock released purple fire at Twilight who rolled out of the way only for Chomp Tox get roasted on the butt.

“Think this robot is tough now? With the orb, I’ll be invincible!”

“Invinicble? That’s not good,” Sunset gupled.

“You two ok?”

“Yeah.”

“I’m fine.”

“Let give these creeps a boost! Gravi Power Key... Ready!”

“Sprint Power Key... Ready!”

“Shield Power Key... Ready!”

“Time for the big bang!”

“Shield Block!” Starlight blocks Vulcan’s attack. “Look out, Pink!”

“Sprint Slash!”

Pinkie zipped around Vulcan delivered fast strikes to him making him drop it.

“No! My orb!”

Drago Rock used his tail to knock back the rangers.

“Nice worked whatsyournames. Now I’ll just...”

“Gravi Ball!” Twilight uses a ball and chain to trap both monsters in place.

“Screw it, I gotta grab it, and head to the forest,” Sunset said.

“Do something, dragon guy?”

“Is Drago Rock that hard to remember?”

Sunset grabs the orb climbs into her motorcycle and takes off.

“Hey, we stole it first!”

“Chomp Tox, you’re only hope, stop the car!”

“It’s slime time!”

Chomp Tox turned into slime cling onto the motorcycle.

“Nice try.’

“Worth a shot,” Vulcan said as he and Drago Rock teleported away.

“Bold move, but risky,” Twilight said.

“We’d better Sunset before those two do,” Pinkie added.

“Look! The Warden!” Starlight ran over to him and help him up. “Are you okay, Mr. Stickler?”

“This is a mess. I think need to get to the medical center,” He said.

“Don’t worry. We can take you there. Hold onto me,” Twilight said as teleported to newest medical center.

Much later...

“How the warden doing?” Pinkie asked Starlight who came out of the medical center.

“He’s doing fine, just bruises. Any luck with the police?”

“So far, there are to track down the bike, but no going well,” Twilight answered then comm beeped. “Spike?”

Twilight, I managed to track the energy off the Nether take Sunset took, both her and the orb at a forest not from you guys.

“Thanks, we’re heading there now.”

All three teleported to there. With Sunset, she got off her bike and walked into the forest with the orb unware that Chomp Tox followed.

“Good she have the orb. Better tell the others,” She teleported out of there.

“Okay, now I have to calll the rangers and give back the orb,” Sunset said then Drago Rock appeerd in front of her.

“Well, what do you know?”

“Chomp Tox was right. Now, girlie, best of you to hand over the orb to me or else.”

“Or else what?” Sunset asked

“Or we’ll take it!” Drago Rock exclaimed.

“Try me, I dare you!”

“Have it your way,” Vulcan said blasting her forcing to lose her the orb. “Got it. Now what do with her?”

“Easy! We’ll destroy her!” Drago Rock cackled.

“Hey, ugly! Think fast!”

Then out of nowhere a javelin whoosh through the air, knocking the orb out of Vulcan’s hands.

“Hey!”

“Your real klutz, you know that?”

“Rainbow Dash, how did you get here?” Sunset asked her.

“I heard an explosion during my jog, then contacted the Rangers,” Rainbow as the Rangers came in and faced the monsters.

“Thanks,” Pinkie thanked her.

“Ready for round two?” Twilight asked them.

“Bring it!”

“Grab the orb!” Rainbow said as she grab it and both her and Sunset hide behind a tree.

Vulcan fired its rockets at the Rangers knocking them back the fired an energy slash to add injury to insult.

“Tonight’s menu... roast Rangers,” Drago Rock chuckled. “Yum, yum, yum!”

Just then, Sunset plays a note from her guitar hurting Drago Rock’s ears.

“Agggh! My ears! What is that infernal rucks? Please stop!”

“Someone lose a paperweight?” Rainbow asked.

“Huh? Yeah, that thing will make me invincible.”

“Whoa, it does feel powerful,” Rainbow felt the orb’s energy surge.

“Give me the orb to me,” Vulcan demanded.

“Ok,” Sunset took the orb for her. “If I want it come and get it!”

Sunset throws the orb against a rock smashing it to pieces. Then green light flashed over them then appear was the Green and Black Friendship Fury Keys.

“What the heck are these?” Sunset asked.

“I thought those were lost,” Twilight walked to them. “Those are Friendship Keys.”

Rainbow look a the green one and Sunset look at the black one then green and black energies surged through them.

“What’s happening?” Sunset asked then transform into rangers.

“What the...?” Rainbow was shocked.

“Did they morphed?” Starlight asked.

“Are you...? Am I...? Are we the...?”

“The Green and Black Rangers? Yep?” Twilight finsihed their thought.

“This is amazing!” Pinkie exclaimed.

“This is the dream... hold that it,” Rainbow said then rips her skirt. “Not a skirt person.”

“Totally understand,” Starlight agreed.

“Hey! That was meant to be my thing. You’re gonna pay, Horsemen!”

Vulcan called for them, then Rainbow toss her skirt aside and joined the others.

“Hey, Sunset! Catch!” Rainbow tossed her Magi Saber to her.

“Thanks! Time to for some shred action!”

Sunset used both the Magi Blades and slashed through the Horsemen, while Rainbow used her javelin slashed three Horsemen then ducked under a spear attack from Horsemen before destroying it then Vulcan fires it’s blasters at her but Rainbow threw at him forcing him to miss.

“Would stop doing that!” Vulcan screamed then Sunset return her saber.

“How about you make me? Ready Sunset? Follow my lead.”

“Wolf Key!”

“Minotaur Key!”

They placed their keys in their sabers and they glowed with black and green energy.

“Wolf Fury Strike!”

“Minotaur Fury Strike!”

Both send an energy slash at Vulcan which send back into a tree.

“I can’t believe it!” Vulcan couldn’t believe what was happening.

“I know right, we think vibing here!” Sunset said.

“Vibing? With a teenager? No thanks!” Vulcan teleported out of there.

“Big scary monster flees! You love to see it,” Rainbow Dash said before she and Sunset went to others as they were fighting Drago Rock.

“Do you know what happens when Negacore Beast fights long enough? Spoiler! We grow!” He roars as he grew giant.

“That’s one big rock!” Sunset exclaimed seeing them.

“Let me guess, Zord time!”

“Fast learner,” Twilight said. “Spike, deploy Alicorn Master, Mermaid Blade, and Sprite Smasher Zords!”

On their way!

All three zords were deploy into the city.

“Zords, combine!” Twilight, Starlight and Pinkie threw thier keys into Zords forms the Megazord.

“Teleportation. Awesome!”

“Linked,” The rangers connected to the Megazord. “Friendship Fury Megazord.”

“Look out!” Twilght said.

“Drago... Rock!” he threw a rock at the Megazord but it rolled out of the way.

“Our turn. Let’s go.”

Drago Rock spits out purple fire at the Megazord as they ran toward him, it jumpes and swung its saber at Drago Rock’s chest making contact.

“Alicorn Barrage!”

The Megazord fires laser focing him back.

“Time to cut to the finish! Mega Light Saber!” Twilight called it. “ Friendship Fury Megazord Mega Slash!”

The Megazord slashes Drago Rock, who fall back and explodes. “Friendship Fury Victory!”

“The Negacore!” Twilight shouted as she grabbed it. “One more for us and less for Scarlet Knight.”

The five teleported to base as Scarlet Knight watch ,furious that he was beaten to it.

“Five rangers, that’s still not enough to stop me!”

At the Rangers’ Base...

“Nice place,” Sunset said as they looked around.

“Big superhero mood,” Rainbow added.

“Welcome to our humble base,” Twilight said.

Then Rainbow and Sunset powered down and the others follow suit.

“And welcome to the team.”

“Holy moly, you guys are rangers.”

“I have no idea.”

“We had no idea that Wolf and Minotaur Keys had survived.”

“I wonder what else is out there, waiting to be discovered.”

“Maybe a couple of Zords for us.”

“Possibly. You humans sure do love Zords.”

“Who doesn’t? They’re so adorable!” Pinkie said.

“And here’s another suprise, hey Spike.”

“Welcome, friends,” Spike came in and greeted them.

“You’re a...”

“I’m a dragon. But you get use to it,” Spike said as they all laughed.

Author's Note:

Magi Sabers

Scarlet Knight’s Saber