• Published 5th Oct 2012
  • 1,531 Views, 36 Comments

Far is the Star Called Sol - Omnicron25



Jason is dropped into Equestria, literally. His ventures are read by a filly trying to right a wrong

  • ...
9
 36
 1,531

1 - Falling from Humanity

Far is the Star Called Sol
Chapter 1: Falling from Humanity

At a cottage near the edge of a dense forest, two brightly colored creatures were in the front yard. "Hey, Fluttershy, what's up?" said a cyan blue colored pegasus mare with a messy prismatic colored mane and tail as she hovered in the air slightly. She also had a tattoo-like design on her rear flanks of a cloud with a rainbow colored lightning bolt erupting from it.

Fluttershy was another female pegasus who was on the ground looking up. She was soft yellow with a soft pink mane and tail that falls into loose curls. She also has designs on her rear flanks, which are three purple butterflies with pink wings. "Oh, hello, Rainbow Dash, I just finished bandaging Angel. The poor thing got a cut on his leg," she replied softly with a meek smile as she gestured to a small white cottontail rabbit with a bandage on its leg. Then, she asked after a moment, "How are you doing?"

"Oh, I'm alright. I was wondering if you wanted to see if you wanted to help me with a new trick," said Rainbow Dash enthusiastically as she did a loop in the air before landing.

"Um… I…" started Fluttershy meekly knowing how the cyan pegasus's antics had a funny way of turning into physical injury, but a large green flash interrupted her while making her squeak in fear. In her fright, she half hid behind the other pegasus.

"What was that?" asked Rainbow Dash with a questioning look.

"I—I don't know, but w—whatever it is, it's happening in E—Everfree Forest," quietly said Fluttershy with a frightened tone. Then a sound grabbed both ponies' attention.

"Wait, I hear screaming! Somepony is falling!" exclaimed Rainbow Dash just before a loud crashing sound came from the forest. She started to take off, but quickly turned to Fluttershy. "Come on, Fluttershy!"

Fluttershy cringed. "But, but, that's the Everfree Forest!"

"But somepony's hurt! We have to help them!" declared Rainbow Dash.

"Oh, okay, if you say so…" meekly said Fluttershy as she flapped her wings and tailed Rainbow Dash into the Everfree Forest. However, she could not repress the quiver of fear that made her whole body tremble.

-X-X-X-

In the sky, Jason Nalick was truly frightened for the first time in months as he witnessed the height of which he was about to fall. "Trees. Trees! TREES!!!" Jason yelled as he started to fall with the trees coming closer and closer at an ever faster pace.

His right arm and shoulder smashed into the first tree branch sending a shooting pain through his body and sending him into a spiral toward the ground and screaming, "Fucking shit!"

Then, the teen hit the ground and a cold, numb feeling encased his left leg, forehead, and right arm. He still felt the pain ribs created while struggling to breathe so Jason knows he was still alive.

Okay, one step at a time, the damaged teen thought. First, open your eyes and see where you are and what is happening.

Slowly, Jason opened his eyes to find himself in the middle of the forest with his body on top of what was once a rotten log turned to wooden shrapnel. No sign of help is nearby, and I'm obviously in shock with numbness and the edges of my vision being eaten away at the corners. Well, this is a shitty way to die, all alone in a forest because you touched a rock that spirited you away. Fun while it lasted I guess, the bloody teen deduced as he came to accept his fate.

Suddenly, a blue blur with a rainbow seeming to trail behind it crossed his failing vision. He did not know if it would help him, or even if it was real. Nevertheless, Jason Tiberius Nalick mustered up the last of his strength with hope and hoarsely yelled, "Pl—please… h—help… m—me!" And with the last of his strength used up, the young man's vision failed, and he lost the fight to stay conscious.

-X-X-X-

In Rainbow Dash's perspective, she was baffled by what she was looking at. Instead of a pony, there was a skinny monkey-like thing with torn clothes and several heavily bleeding gashes. She had seen nothing like it before, but something caught her eye as it began to move one of its 'paws?'

Then the creature looked at her pleadingly with its dark metallic green, almost gray, eyes meeting her rose eyes and yelled hoarsely, "Pl—please… h—help… m—me!" Then, it went limp.

"Rainbow!" called out Fluttershy's voice somewhere behind her, but Rainbow Dash paid her no mind and started to gather the bleeding creature on top of her, but the creature was just too awkward despite the fact it was only about as large as she is.

Finally after another few seconds, Fluttershy arrived and screamed at the sight of Rainbow Dash covered in blood.

Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes thinking that Fluttershy was being weak again, but already knew the creature was going to die if something was not done soon. If it died after asking for her help, it would weigh heavily on her conscience. So, she swallowed her pride for the moment and demanded, "Fluttershy, help me out here, or this thing will bleed out!"

The thought of a creature in desperate need immediately snapped Fluttershy out of her daze saying, "Oh no! Don't move it like that! It could have internal injuries we can't see!"

"What?! Then how are we supposed to move it at all?!" huffed Rainbow Dash as she looked back and seeing the blood on her coat which made her stomach churn, and Fluttershy started to use strips of the creature's clothing to put pressure bandages on the worst of the wounds.

"We have to lift it at the same time," explained Fluttershy as she moved herself under what seemed like the creatures rear legs. "Hurry get the other half."

"Alright, alright! I hear ya!" huffed Rainbow Dash as she pushed herself under the creature's torso with a disgusted expression.

"Alright now, lift!" grunted Fluttershy as both Rainbow Dash and her slowly lifted up the odd creature and started to move toward the cottage.

-X-X-X-

Fifteen minutes later, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy maneuvered the strange creature onto the large rectangular kitchen table, and Fluttershy started to examine the creature more closely before saying, "Help me rip off its clothing so I can start bandaging it and resetting the bones. We need to work fast."

"Gotcha," responded Rainbow Dash quickly as she started to rip off the shirt of the creature.

"Sorry about this," said Fluttershy softly before beginning to pull off the pants. After a few seconds, the creature lay before them completely clothingless, and they both the noticed the creatures has very little hair except around what they assume were the the rear legs, chest, and head.

"Well I think this answers what gender it is finally," commented Rainbow Dash off-hoofedly in an attempt to distract herself from the blood.

"I could tell it was a male when I first saw him," responded Fluttershy as she started to work on resetting the bone in what seemed to be the right front leg.

Rainbow Dash shuttered wondering how Fluttershy— who was a very sensitive, kind, and fearful pegasus— could stand the sight of all the blood. "I need some fresh air," she said weakly as she stumbled toward the cottage door.

Fluttershy paid her friend no mind though as her bunny, Angel, hopped over to her with a cloth to wipe the sweat from Fluttershy's head as she continued cleaning the wounds, resetting what bones she could identify were broken, and bandaging the unusual creature. She had now gotten to the right shoulder and could tell a bone in it was broken, but nothing could be done to repair it or properly keep it still so apologizing again she moved on to the left rear leg below the knee.

Meanwhile, Rainbow Dash was still trying to calm down from the horrific sight of the blood that was not only on the ground in a barely visible trail, but matted in her coat, mane, and tail as well. She had never seen this much blood from somepony else before, and it was quite a shock to the system.

"Rainbow Dash!" called out a voice in the distance, but Rainbow Dash paid it no mind with the shock still suffocating her.

A lavender colored mare was galloping toward her. This mare, however, was a unicorn instead of a pegasus with a smart cut dark purple mane and tail that had a pink and violet stripe running through each. The mare also had a magenta sparkle-like mark on each of her rear flanks with five smaller white sparkles surrounding it.

"Rainbow Dash! What is going on?! Where did this blood come from?! Is Fluttershy okay?! Are you okay?!" babbled another female pony beside the unicorn. She had neither a horn nor wings, and she had a puffy pink mane and tail and three party balloons, two blue and one yellow, for her flank symbols.

Rainbow Dash still did not even register that they were there with the sickening feeling still surrounding her and blocking everything else out.

Finally, as the two other ponies approached the spooked Rainbow Dash, they exchanged worried glances before the purple mare looked into Rainbow Dash's unfocused eyes with her own purple ones and asked, "Rainbow, what happened?"

Rainbow Dash shook her head and said, "I came over here so Fluttershy could show me a trick. There was a green flash, a broken monkey-like thing, blood, lots of blood, Fluttershy healing…" She fell silent again.

"What? Twilight, did you understand that?" asked the pink mare with a questioning look at the purple mare.

Twilight shook her head. "No, Pinkie Pie, I didn't. I'll go see if Fluttershy is safe. You should keep Rainbow Dash company, alright?"

Pinkie Pie bounced a few time energetically while announcing, "You can count on me!"

Twilight merely nodded once seriously before a sparkling magenta light surrounded her horn as well as the door as the door swung open. Twilight entered the threshold.

The sight that she found though was one of specks of blood that led to a concerned and blood-speckled Fluttershy bandaging a strange creature that lay on its back. It was about as long as a pony standing on its back legs and had almost no hair except for what seemed to be the top of its head, the chest, and hind legs. Its body reminded her of a monkey as Rainbow Dash had said, but it looked so weak and thin that you could see the rib cage as if the creature had been starving. However, there was a significant amount of skeletal muscle under the skin. The front legs were interesting too, because they did not look like they were made to take to constant strain of walking on them unlike pony legs.

"He looks starved doesn't he?" asked Fluttershy absently tying off the last bandage.

It took Twilight Sparkle a moment to notice that Fluttershy had been addressing her and said, "Yeah, but what made it get so injured?"

"There was a green flash above the Everfree Forest and this poor creature fell out of it into the forest," explained Fluttershy softly. "I'm glad he survived. Most ponies wouldn't even survive a fall like that."

"A green flash? Like magic?" asked Twilight Sparkle curiously.

Fluttershy shook her head sadly. "I don't know, Twilight. I—Is that alright?"

"That's fine Fluttershy. I'm just trying to figure out where this thing came from, and what it is. Have you seen anything like this before?"

"N—no, I have no idea what this poor creature is, but he did have clothes on when we found him. I don't know any more than that though. I hope that's alright," said Fluttershy carefully.

"Wait, it had clothes on?" inquired Twilight quickly.

"Yes, he did, but I had to rip them off so I could treat him. Oh, I hope he won't be mad at me when he awakes up," said Fluttershy nervously.

"Hmm, I'll have to do some research and see what I can find on this creature, but I think we should go calm Rainbow Dash down after we've finished helping out this creature. I think the blood has spooked her," said Twilight with a serious tone as concern for her brash fast-flying friend started to take over now that the creature seemed to be treated.

"Um, I was wondering if you could use your magic to help me move this poor creature to the bed. If you don't want to, that's alright too," quietly said Fluttershy.

Twilight nodded as her horn started to glow with the magenta light again and so did the creature as it was slowly lifted into the air. "No problem, Fluttershy, glad to be of help."

"Oh, thank you, Twilight," said Fluttershy appreciatively as they both trotted up to the second story of the cottage where a bed, soon to be the patient's temporary healing place, was located.

After the creature was put in the bed, an EKG and a heart monitor was pulled out of a nearby closet and hooked up to it. Twilight turned to Fluttershy as she drew the blanket over the creature and announced, "After we get Rainbow Dash back on her hooves, I'm going to go back to my place and see what I can find. So, if you need any help just ask."

"Oh, thank you so much, Twilight. You have been such a big help," said Fluttershy very appreciatively as she looked over the monitors and gave Twilight another appreciative nod.

As they started back down stairs to comfort Rainbow Dash, Twilight turned to Fluttershy and asked, "Where did you get those monitors from?"

Fluttershy shrugged saying, "They were here when I bought the place years ago. I hope you're not angry."

Twilight gained at thoughtful expression. "No, it's just odd is all… Those are expensive."

-X-X-X-

Meanwhile in the distant mountainside city of Canterlot, the royal city of Equestria, a navy blue alicorn with an elegant blue and black mane and tail that seemed like it's made of the very night sky and a night-like splotch on her flank with a crescent moon as her mark cantered down the Royal Castle's Grand Hall on her way to the throne room. She was wearing a black sparkling chest plate with a crescent moon adorning the front, silver armored shoes, and a black tiara atop her head. The dark alicorn approached the throne room's extremely large doors with unicorn guards on either side which had golden battle armor and spears equipped.

As she neared them, the guards bowed with a hint of fear in their expressions. The dark alicorn scowled in discontent and bellowed in a magic enhanced voice, "YE MAY RISE! WE HAVE PRESSING NEWS TO DELIVER!" Her aquamarine eyes burrowing into the guards.

The guards hastily rose and opened the grand doors for the dark alicorn to step through to reveal a white alicorn on the throne with an unnaturally flowing sparkling pink, green, blue, and sky blue mane and tail who is wearing a golden chest plate with a purple gem sparkling in the middle, golden shoes, and a golden crown with a matching purple gem. The white alicorn's expression was not one of fear; however, it was one of surprise.

The dark alicorn approached slowly and silently. The light alicorn took the cue and asked the guards standing on either side of her to leave. The matter is one of great secrecy or of great personal importance.

Once the guards exit the room and the grand doors close, the light alicorn asked with concern in her purple eyes, "What is bothering you, my sister?"

"Do ye remember the spell we cast long ago before we found the Elements of Harmony for bringing combat unto Discord, sister?" answered the dark alicorn with a troubled gaze.

"Yes, Luna, what about it?" replied the white alicorn as she stood to reveal her flank symbols being a depiction of the sun. Her concern shifted to the matter-at-hoof rather than her sister's dark expression.

"It has activated meaning there is great chaos arising. However, Discord is still safely within his prison, but I feel concerned one of them may have awoke from their slumber instead, sister," informed the Princess of the Night. "That is not all unfortunately."

"Has something gone awry with the spell? It was a hope at best, but we have the Elements now if it should fail," said light alicorn with a comforting tone.

Princess Luna stomped a armored forehoof in aggravation. "Ye knowest as well as I that neither we, the spell as tis now, nor the Elements can repel just one of them alone! It tak'st our father's power along with the entire Royal Family and the entirety of his life force to just seal them all away!"

The light alicorn looked at her sister in concern. "What has happened to the spell? Did it fail?"

Princess Luna shook her head. "No, but the being that came through is not Arthur I fear, but a distant relative of little to no power. He also does not have the Crystal of Judgment with him."

"Then we still have him. I'm sure he would like to settle the score with one of them. They did force him to become what his is now after all, and it may break him of the curse," proposed Princess of the Sun with a comforting tone.

Princess Luna tapped her right forehoof on the marble floor thinking for many moments before responding, "I will see if there is another way, sister. If we have not a choice but to turn unto that deformed and twisted being for aid, then we already have lost." Her expression was now tortured with her aquamarine eyes drilling into the floor and her teeth making a noticeable grinding sound.

Princess of the Sun gently approached her troubled sister and put her hoof on her shoulder. "Do not lose hope so easily, Luna. We are older and wiser then we were when father had to give up his life for this world. I am sure we can find a way even if we must return to our homeland to do it," she comforted before nuzzling her sister's neck. "Now, come. It is almost time to raise the moon and begin the night." Then, she slowly backed away and walked toward the grand doors.

Luna slowly nodded and followed her sister to raise the moon and begin the night. However, a dangerous glint shimmers in her eyes, for she knew just how much was at stake. She had felt their power herself once, and now she feared what the future would unveil.