• Published 8th Oct 2012
  • 1,277 Views, 39 Comments

Stranger than Animated Fiction - Citpo



Phil is the only human in a land of talking, pastel coloured ponies. It'd be an understatement if I did him no justice and said he was in a right state of mind. No Mr/Ms/Mrs. Reader, it would not at all.

  • ...
4
 39
 1,277

Chapter 3: Here Comes the Sun!

You awake and find yourself in a small, medieval style room. By that, it means you have landed yourself in a dungeon. You give yourself a brief cavity search and find only the clothes on your skin before you dwell deep into thought.

Wow, antique is an understatement for this place.

I'd say. Could do with a nice spill o' paint here and there.

Don't even get me started on the decor brain...

Your self monologue is interrupted as the iron bars make contact with another unknown metallic object. You do a pirouette and face the guardspony in front of you, showing mixed emotions of fear, excitement and possible anger. You make a quick assumption that the metallic object was from the spear grasped between hooves.The guard makes a quick delivery of a possible breakfast which consisted of bread, oatmeal and a glass of water. You use this time to ask a question of the guard.

"What's the time?" You start off.

"5:45 AM, time of Princess Celestia,"the guardspony replies nonchalantly.

"How did I end up here?"

"Brought in by one angry pony and five others."

"How long have I been out for?"

"About twelve hours."

"When does dawn arrive?"

"Six A.M roughly."

You quickly survey your scene before you ask your final question, "May I use the guitar that is perched on your chair?" You finish with as you gesture to acoustic guitar next to where the guardspony was recently posted.

"So you can use it as a weapon to escape?"

"No, to play. Here, hand me the neck of the guitar."

The guard reluctantly hands you the acoustic guitar through the bars, followed by your breakfast as he then swiftly shuffles away in case you do get any funny ideas, which you weren't, sadly. You then surveyed your surroundings once more, finding only the usual in a dungeon; chains, bars and stone floors, before you spent the next fifteen minutes tuning the guitar to a degree of perfection before you look out towards the Sun slowly etching its way into the sky through a small grate in the wall of the dungeon. You start strumming to one of the songs you know by the Beatles as you warm up your vocals.

Here comes the sun
Here comes the sun, and I say
It's all right

The sudden outbreak of music breaks the gaze of the guardspony and brings it towards you as you continue to strum along and let the music flow over.

Little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter
Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun
Here comes the sun, and I say
It's all right

Little darling, the smiles returning to the faces
Little darling, it seems like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun
Here comes the sun, and I say
It's all right

The Sun almost seems to speed up as you continue to play in tribute to the prodigies of the rock and pop genre during the 60's and 70's back in the Earth you knew. You soon become entranced in the music, not giving a damn about who heard, as you kept strumming along.

Little darling, I feel that ice is slowly melting
Little darling, it seems like years since it's been clear
Here comes the sun
Here comes the sun, and I say
It's all right

Here comes the sun
Here comes the sun, and I say
It's all right
It's all right

A slow, clopping of hooves eventually broke you out of your trance as you set the guitar down near your already cold breakfast and greeted by a very tall and celestial pony, complete with both wings and horns, an ethereal mane flowing to its own orderly accord, royalty related jewellery and a tattoo of the Sun adorning her... derriere.

Think Applejack said they were called.... 'Cutie Marks'?

I swear I wasn't focusing where you think I was brain....

Oh really now eh?

Before you could think of a mental rebuttal, the pony of current importance surprises you when voiced out.

"Hello, stranger of these lands," she said in a very motherly tone, "I am Princess Celestia of the Sun and hereby welcome you to the land of Equestria."

"Good morning and Praise the Sun, Princess Celestia," you reply politely, knowing all too well to behave around figures of importance, "my name is Phil Werrell of Earth."

"Before I continue with my interrogation," Celestia starts, "May I say I rather enjoyed that piece you recently performed."

"Can't go wrong with the Beatles, Princess Celestia," You reply, "May I ask why, in particular, you enjoyed it?"

"Well, I am Princess of the Sun and have the ability to control the sun."

"You mean how close the Sun is, when it rises and sets and so on?"

"Yes, child of strange lands."

"So, you enjoyed that song due to the fact that it was in a sense based about you."

"Mhm!" she said as she broke character and giggled a bit.

Why are royals in Earth never this carefree?

Or attractive.

C'mon, she's a horse. We don't even have the same chromosone number.

A Celestial Horse or Queen Elizabeth. Tell me now.

... Damnit.

"Now, let's get down to the interrogation, shall we?" She says calmly.

You simply nod your head and sit down on the cold stone floor, anticipating anything she may ask of you.

"I need you to answer the basics of yourself, your age, name and so on."

"Name is Phil Werrell, age 24, born 23 January 1988."

"Family?"

"Never really knew them well enough to talk about them."

"How many people live on this 'Earth' you speak of?"

"Over 7 billion."

"Any range of differences between these 7 billion?"

"They are broken up into three main groups: Caucasian, Asian and African. These races are then broken up into continents: Africa, Asia, Australasia, North America, South America and Europe. Alot of these continents are multi-cultural so I'll be brief. Africa consists mostly of Africans which have a much more darker skin tone in comparison to others along with other physical atributes such as height and body mass although there are some that also inhabit North America, known as African Americans, and Europe. Asia consists mainly of Asians and unlike Africa its inhabitants range from pale to dark brown depending on the region albeit the inhabitants not reaching heights of Africans. Finally, there are Caucasians which inhabit the majority of the continents. However, note that they are not secluded to one continent and can and have been in other continents as a place of living."

"My, that seems rather interesting," Celestia said with a yawn, "At least you've proven yourself not to be hostile so I suppose I could let you go."

"That would be much appreciated, Princess of the Sun," You say kindly, "If it is no hassle to you."

"However, you will be posted in the town of Ponyville under the roof of my trusted and faithful student Miss Twilight Sparkle for a month as a trial run where your actions will be recorded and reported."

"Fair enough." You say as you nod your head in agreement.

"Now, the interrogation is over for now, so I will take my leave."

"Good-bye Princess Celestia, may you enjoy your day."

"Please, just Celestia is fine, and good-bye to you too."

"Oh, one more thing before you leave."

"Yes Phil, my child of strange lands?"

"You didn't enjoy a lesson on Earth, did you?"

"Not at all." She said with a grin as she then walked off, humming the tune to the Beatles song you recently played.

She's a pretty cool cat, I must say.

Yea, I'd have to agree on this one.

Hey, are we forgetting something?

Not that I'm aware of... Oh... Oh shit.

You kick over your extremely cold breakfast as you scurry to the bars and shout at the top of your lungs in a means of catching attention.

"YOU DIDN'T UNLOCK THE JAIL DOOR!"

Author's Note:

I deeply apologize for the extreme delay in this chapter but recently (until now) I've been working early mornings till late afternoon along with lack of motivation of wanting to write. My newfound love for the Beatles is what actually drove me to write this chapter, funnily enough.

I do notice the rather large gap between the last chapter and this one and I intend to make up for this by trying to write a chapter of my usual 1000+ words per night... Well until I go back to work. And get off Dark Souls... And Minecraft...

Dark Souls is amazing...

Anyway, before I stray off I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I may be rusty from lack of writing since the start/return from my trip overseas so if you have feedback toss it over and I'll lap it up like a por....... adult actress.

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.