• Published 26th Dec 2023
  • 208 Views, 20 Comments

Friendship is Failure #27- Love is a Danger Zone - DakariKingMykan



Twilight and Cadance accidently unleash a love-destroying evil upon Equestria.

  • ...
28
 20
 208

Act 7: Wrath Song

ACT SEVEN

A couple of guards nearby heard the screams, and they arrived just in time in the alley to see the couple laying on the ground in cold status, and Danger Zone laughing.

“Who’s next?” the evil pony hissed.

The guards looked ready to take him on, and since they were both unicorns, they each fired a magical flare blast up into the sky.



Meanwhile, Spike and Twilight enjoyed their tea and company with Rarity.

“It’s so nice of you both to come here.” said Rarity, and then she began to have a dramatic fit. “I don’t know how much longer I bear all this-- being cooped up, with hardly anyone to interact with or sell my fabulous fashion wonders!!

Oh, when will it end! WHE-HE-HE-HEN!!”

Twilight and Spike rolled their eyes at her drama.

“It’s only been one day, Rarity.” said Twilight.

Rarity got up and spoke normally, “For a pony such as me, even a mere moment is agony to the last bit.”

Spike then whispered to Twilight. “Maybe she could use that calming potion you made.”

Twilight chuckled, and then remembered the potion was back at the castle… which made her snap in shock. “Oh, no! Cadance! We’ve forgot to check on her!”

Spike realized he had left the magic pad at home too and he couldn’t send a message. “We better get back.”

Rarity gasped in horrors. “Oh, Poor Princess Cadance!”

Just as Spike and Twilight were about to leave, the Ponyville air-raid alarm sounded, warning all citizens that there was extreme danger afoot.

The friends turned to look outside the window, and they immediately saw flares lightning up the sky far away, showing where the danger was, and loads of guards were charging that way while others stayed to maintain protection of the citizens.

“…Danger Zone!” deduced Twilight, and right away, forgetting her plans about her own sister-in-law, she teleported off.

“Twilight!” cried Spike.

“Oh, dear! This cannot be good!” cried Rarity, and she levitated Spike up onto her back, “Come along, we’re going after her.”

“But wait…!” Spike protested, but Rarity already burst through the doors of her shop, galloping off through town.

“Halt!” some of the guards shouted, but she just sped past them, and the guards could not desert their posts unless ordered to.


“Charge!” the captain of the guards shouted, and he and all his men rushed forth with their lances ready.

Danger Zone wasn’t the least bit concerned, and he leapt up high into the air, and fired a huge blast from his horn making a big explosion that scattered the guards about and knocking half of them unconscious.

“Attack!” the captain yelled.

Danger Zone laughed as he descended, and despite being vastly outnumbered, he proved to be a real contender…

Showing off mad martial arts moves and combining these with his powers and his spike darts. He dodged the guards’ every attack and they all wound up flat on their backs and bellies. A few were even strung up in trees or stuck in garbage cans.

Danger Zone snuffed, “You’re all hopelessly pathetic, but at least I now have loads of energy to steal.”

The helpless guards lay wounded on the grounds, unable to move or defend themselves.

Danger Zone was about to make his first attack… when he was shot at from behind by a strong magic wave.

“Hold it right there!” Twilight shouted.

Danger Zone snuffed, “Oh, it’s just you, Princess Twit-Light.”

Her head throbbed with rage, “The name is “Twilight!” she bellowed.

“Whatever, I’m busy here. I can’t destroy all love without enough power you know.”

Twilight only glared at him furiously snuffing like the equine she was and giving her hoof a few threatening scrapes, and he glared back at her, changing his mind, deciding to deal with her now. “Then again, you can tell me where Princess Cadance is. Then I can steal her energy and reach my full potential instantly!”

“I won’t let you!” Twilight shouted, and she let out a huge roar, charging forth, and fired several pulse blasts from her horn, which Danger Zone dodged by backflipping and then soaring up high.

“You just don’t learn, do you?” he sneered, and he charged up his horn ready to fire, when suddenly,

“HA!!” Rainbow Dash came soaring in at full throttle, and crashed right into him, headfirst, resulting in a massive rainbow explosion, which sent him crashing hard to the ground.

“Rainbow?” cried Twilight.

Rainbow nodded, but then gasped and rubbed her sore head. “Man, what a head bump!”

Twilight was glad to see her friend.


Danger Zone got back on his feet almost instantly, he was more angry than hurt. “Pretty cheap shot, but I can take you both on as easy as did your weak army of guards.”

“Might want to check again!” called another voice.

The rest of the gang had appeared, and Spike hopped down from Rarity’s back.

“But how?” Twilight asked.

“What’choo talking about?” teased Applejack.

“We heard the alarms, and we saw the flares.” added Fluttershy.

“And here we are, all in this together now.” said Pinkie.

“After all, we’re all friends here.” said Rarity.

Spike nodded.

Twilight smiled at all her friends, and together they all stood, while Spike could only hide out of sight.

Danger Zone stood tall and strong, “Even together, you’re all no match for me. Why not make it easier and tell me where Princess Cadance is?”

“We ain’t tellin’ you nothing!” sneered Applejack

Pike then balked, “Yeah, we’ll never tell you that she’s at the--” but that was as far as she got when Rarity and Rainbow hushed her by holding her mouth shut.

Twilight only glared at Danger Zone and had to ask him, “Why do you want to destroy love in Equestria?”

Danger Zone snickered, “I already told you; it’s to even out things between myself and the world.

I was denied the love and passion that I craved so dearly, and since I cannot fix my own love life, I’ll do the next best thing and fix the life of love!”


The friends were outraged to hear this, and Spike muttered to himself, “Talk about a case of heartbreak.”


Danger Zone raised his hooves as if he were clenching fists. “With each victim I drain, my power grows stronger. Once I reach my full potential, I will have power enough I can infect all Equestria, and every pony-- every creature-- will feel the same way I do-- dark, cold, and spite will rule all.”


Rarity felt sick to her stomach, but she held it in.

“You can’t do this!” said Twilight. “You don’t have to do this. Just because your love life didn’t work out is no reason to take it away from others.

Let us help you! We can find some way to work this out peacefully.”

Danger Zone only laughed, “Fool! Even if you could me-- which you so can’t-- I don’t think I’d let you anyway. I’ve set my goal and intend to see it become a reality!”

Fluttershy didn’t know whether to feel sorry for him, or more outraged. “Well, we gave him a chance.”

Rarity snuffed, “We shall never let you destroy love.”

Twilight nodded and stood tall with her friends. “For Equestria! For Love! We are one!”

“WE ARE ONE!!” The friends all hollered.


Danger Zone, fed up with all this chanting, roared, and rushed forth, and the ponies rushed in as well.

“Remember, watch out for his energy streams!” Twilight warned the others.

A fierce song broke out over the battle.

Feelin’ all the power
ragin’ as up make it grow
risin’ of the hatred,
squashin’ all the love you know.

Danger Zone unleashed a wave of his streams, but the ponies all split up and scattered around.

“You missed!” teased Rainbow.

“…Did I?!” Danger Zone shouted with a smirk.

He had struck many of the downed guards and began to sap them of any love and life energy they had, thus making himself stronger-- his muscles bulged and his horn glowed brightly.

“This ain’t good!” cried Applejack.

Feel the wrath of Danger Zone
Heel to the wrath of Danger Zone

Danger Zone leapt up high and prepared to blast the surrounding area.

“Look out!!” screamed Fluttershy.

Twilight charged up with all her might and fired a huge burst at Danger Zone, forcing him to fire back at her own power and send it back to her with little effort, and forcing Twilight to teleport out of the way.

The blast hit the ground, making another huge explosion.

The ground shook, and rattled the nearby homes and buildings, frightening all the ponies inside.

Powers of the heart they,
will not get you very far
it’s the essence of the hatred,
Power that will get you far.

“He’s gotten stronger!” cried Rainbow. “We can’t let him absorb more power.”

“We’ve got to get the guards out of here!” hollered Pinkie.

Luckily, reinforcements were on the way, as more guards came running into action to help lift their fallen comrades to safety and get those who had been drained to the hospital quickly.

Feel the wrath of Danger Zone
Gotta heel to the wrath of Danger Zone

“Oh, no, you don’t!” Danger Zone growled, and he unleashed his spike darts.

Rainbow quickly rushed like a comet, wiping out the spikes before they could reach.

Twilight and Rarity fired a barrage of blasts, forcing him to shield himself with a frontal barrier of magic.

This gave Applejack the chance to lasso his left hind leg with her rope, and she gave the rope a huge yank, pulling him down, slamming him onto the ground.

You'll never get a moment’s peace
until the love is kicked out of town
You'll see how strong that you can be
when the hate is up and love is down!

“All right! Whoo-Hoo!” Spike cheered from the sidelines.

“Let’s get him!” shouted Pinkie, and she and all the ponies came rushing forth. Their cutie marks began to glow brightly as they powered up their friendship forces.


Danger Zone already bolted upright and was ready for them!

Makin’ all the breaches,
hittin’ love for all to see
The winder the breach is,
The stronger all the hate will be

Applejack and Pinkie both reached up to punch and kick him, but he skillfully caught their limbs, and flipped them both up and over.

Feel the wrath of Danger Zone
Gotta heel to the wrath of Danger Zone

Rainbow and Fluttershy soared in, but he swerved causing them both to slam into each other.

Feel the wrath of Danger Zone
Heel to the wrath of Danger Zone

Feel the wrath of Danger Zone
Gotta heel to the wrath of Danger Zone

Rarity and Twilight powered up their magic for a super strong blast, but Spike shouted to them, “Don’t do it! You’ll blow up the whole neighborhood!!”

Twilight realized this, but it was too late to power down. So, she and Rarity had no choice but to point their blast up, sending it high into the sky where it exploded with very bright light.

Feel the wrath of Danger Zone
Heel to the wrath of Danger Zone

Feel the wrath of Danger Zone
Gotta heel to the wrath of Danger Zone

“Aw, too bad!” Danger Zone mocked, and he proceeded to blast the two ponies hard.

Twilight quickly shielded herself and Rarity in a dome barrier, but the blast was so massive that the barrier hardly held up.

“Stop him!” shouted Rainbow, and she and the other ponies charged in at different angles, forcing him to leap up into the air, causing them all to crash into each other.

Feel the wrath of Danger Zone
Heel to the wrath of Danger Zone

Feel the wrath of Danger Zone
Gotta heel to the wrath of Danger Zone

The song faded out, and while the last of the guards had been cleared away, the ponies were looking exhausted, while Danger Zone hardly suffered maybe a few bruises.

“He’s… real tough!” panted Rainbow.

“We mustn’t… give… up!” added Rarity.

“We won’t!” declared Twilight.


Danger Zone glared the gang down, more at Twilight. “Where is Princess Cadance?”

“You’ll never find her!” sneered Twilight.

“I will… even if I have to beat it out of you all!”

He rushed forth, shouting like a monster, when suddenly he was ensnared by two strong magical streams; one light, and one dark.

“That’s enough out of you!” shouted a familiar voice, and Danger Zone was lift up into the air.

The group looked up and saw Celestia and Luna, and their smiles lit up.

The sisters received an alert from their sources in Ponyville and teleported straight over.

“Consider yourself under arrest!” said Luna, but Danger Zone still would not give up, and he chuckled at them, “…You must take me for an amateur!”

He concentrated hard with all his might, and his horn and body were shrouded in a dark aura.

“No!!” cried Celestia.

“We must let him go!” shouted Luna, but it was too late…! Danger Zone had cursed their magical streams with his energy absorption spell striking the princesses hard.

“Celestia!! Luna!!” Twilight screamed as the sisters began to turn pale.

Rainbow and Twilight quickly soared up high to stop him-- Fluttershy was too scared, and the others couldn’t fly or leap high enough to help, especially with their strengths weakened.

…But Danger Zone, having absorbed energy, broke free from bondage and launched his spike darts, Rainbow dodged, and Twilight teleported out of the way.

“Coming!!” shouted Rainbow as she soared on.

Twilight appeared behind, powering herself up to attack.

“Ha! Take this!!” Danger Zone shouted, and he shot two more beams, striking them both.

“No!!” Spike shouted.

The other ponies all gasped.

Danger Zone laughed.


“Some pony, do something!!” shouted Rarity, but there were no reinforcements, and no way to reach and stop Danger Zone.

His victims screamed in anguish as they felt themselves growing paler and weaker.

“Drain them! Drain them dry!!” Danger Zone chuckled to himself…


…But suddenly, he just let them go!


The four victims plunged towards the ground.

“Catch them!” cried Applejack.

Fluttershy flew up and caught Twilight, while Pinkie leapt up and caught Rainbow. Rarity managed enough strength to catch Celestia in her levitation magic, while Applejack caught Luna.

“Thank goodness!” Spike sighed in relief, and he dashed over to join his friends, but stopped when he heard Danger Zone roaring and wailing up above while clutching his head and his chest.

“What’s with him?” wondered Applejack.

The others hadn’t the slightest idea.

“…Stop… holding… me back!!” Danger Zone bellowed at seemingly no one. He continued to struggle and wail, and then he just vanished.

“…He’s gone!” cried Spike.

“Oh, my!” peeped Fluttershy.

“We’ll see him again.” said Pinkie.

“No!” cried Fluttershy, and she motioned at their drained friends and how they all didn’t look very well, even sicker than Rarity looked from before when she was drained.

“We must get them all to get them to the hospital, quickly!” wailed Rarity.

Pinkie and Applejack carried the royal sisters on their backs, while Rarity and Fluttershy took Twilight and Rainbow.

“Please hang on…!” Spike said to Twilight.

The friends pressed on as hard as they could despite their weariness, but they were in for a horrible surprise…


…They finally reached the hospital, only to find it was absolutely loaded while trying to heal the army of injured guards who were crushed.

Dr. Horse and his nurses were also rushing about with the healing love energy remedy for not only the guards Danger Zone had drained, but two other victims that were found behind the Ponyville Arms.


“We’ll never get them in through all that!” cried Fluttershy.

“We have to! We must!” wailed Rarity.


The victims were looking worse, and Applejack could feel the chills of Celestia’s body on her back. “If we don’t help them soon…!” she couldn’t bring herself to finish the sentence.

“What’ll we do?! WHAT’LL WE DO?!” panicked Pinkie.

Then suddenly, Spike remembered, “Let’s take them to Rainbow Castle! Hurry!”

Heeding his advice, the ponies galloped off, leaving him behind.

“Hey, wait up!”


As for Danger Zone…

Once again, he was struggling and stumbling about in darkness, growing weaker and weaker.

“Not again!” he groaned. “I nearly had them!”

His voice trailed off as the darkness came crashing in all around him…


Inside the hotel, all the staff and patrons were frightened and trembling, when the alarms sounded, and it was reported that Danger Zone had been out in the back alley where he hit two staff ponies.

A few guards remained inside the building to guard all the entrances in case he dared to infiltrate.


Sun was incredibly worried, not just for herself, but for Strings. She hadn’t seen him since he went to the restroom.

“What if Danger Zone got him?!” she said to herself, but her worries were suddenly silenced when one of the guards came in from the back alley walking an exhausted and weary String’s over to the bar.

“Strings!” cried Sun, and she rushed over to him, nearly colliding into him.

“Easy! Easy!” Strings begged in a shaky voice.

Sun helped him back over to the bar and sat him down and got him some cool water to drink.

“I found him outside in the alley.” explained the guard. “He was collapsed behind a dumpster, I don’t how he got there, and neither does he.”

Sun found that very odd. “I thought you went to the restrooms. What were you doing in the alley?”

Through his groggy voice, Strings responded, “I don’t know… I don’t know how I got there.”

Sun was just relieved he was safe. “You’re lucky Danger Zone didn’t see you out there.”

“Danger Zone?” Strings peeped softly, and then, very strangely, the song was roaming through his mind.

Feel the wrath of Danger Zone
Heel to the wrath of Danger Zone

Feel the wrath of Danger Zone
Gotta heel to the wrath of Danger Zone

He was so lost in the feel of the song, that he had nearly fallen off his bar stool had Sun not caught him in her limbs.

How she longed to hold him like this, but in a different way. Her heart was racing, and she could barely control herself from just doing anything with him right there.

…But she only helped him back up.

The guard recommended, “I think you should go to your room and have a good rest.”

“Okay.” Strings agreed and found some of his strength returning to him to make it to the elevator on his own. “Thank you, Sun.” he said very kindly to her and gave her a smile, which made her cheeks turn bright pink. She felt like she was floating on air.

Still, she couldn’t let herself be deceived. “I will make you love me, Strings.” she thought, “I’m already close to you. Now I just have to put the rest of my plan into action.”

Author's Note:

The Song "Danger Zone"

That was one of my big inspirations to make this fic. I've been wanting to make this for over a year now, but I had so many other projects to prioritize.

This sure feels great!