• Published 26th Dec 2023
  • 469 Views, 21 Comments

As The Sun Sets - Noobblue



Princess Cadence is called by Princess Luna to reform an dark magician from ages past

  • ...
1
 21
 469

PreviousChapters Next
Cadance's notes on the nature of "Pony Biokinetics" and the unique application of overcharging unicorn telekinesis

Quick Silver's attempt at writing any sort of formal documentation of her spell work was seemingly taken as a joke, or maybe just ignored. As such, I did my best to make a cohesive description of what I could in a way that makes an amount of sense. For anyone who ends up reading this, be aware that these techniques use corruptive magics.


Unicorn Lightening:

The art of unicorn telekinesis is a good standing point to learning about racial manipulative traits. Things like earth pony strength and the unique mental characteristic of pegasi are both unique categories of magio-biological adaptations produced by the unique way specific pony races' souls ground themselves in the body.

In short, imagine how many points are on a line, that is how many grounding points a soul has in your body. To the uninformed, that simply means that the soul is "in" the body, but for someone who understands fifth dimensional geometry, the concept becomes simple when you introduce the functional dissonance of physics when filtered through the universe. Unicorn telekinesis is one of these such affects.

Different than the unique physical characteristics of the other races, the Unicorn's capability to cast telekinesis is purely instinctual and grounded in the mind. Similiar to that of an Earth Pony's uncanny ability to manipulate objects. Thus unlike most advanced spell form, Unicorn Telekenisis can be mixed with elemental and emotional casting to burn away all of the pesky rules control casting applies.

For example, normally a transportation spell of emotional context generated by greed, and the complex goal of being excited for an adventure, and thus containing the anticipation and anxiety of an adventure yet to have, can generate a non-causile spatial fold for ease of transport to a location of your choosing with a few restrictions, and at the cost of a horrendous amount of mana.

Unicorn Telekinesis has no such constraints, capable of moving anything, anywhere so long as the caster is aware of the object and the destination. The step up from a failed telekinesis spell lightly resembles prestidigitonium, and is manipulatable if you know what you're doing. Regardless of how useful and dominant emotional casting is as a spell form, breaking down Unicorn telekinesis into something manipulatable can only really function if you have a less intelligent form of energy source following your will.

To incite this power, merely begin to lift something with Unicorn Telekinesis, fill your mind with the imagery of where you'd like your message delivered too, and allow the telekinetics fail by dropping the mental focus guaranteed by stability, and trying to make up for it in power. Once the spell is suitably exploding, all that is required is a Phoenix Style mental runaround loop, the equivalent of thinking of a paradox to tie your will into the exploding spell form, with a hint of anticipation.

The result is a spell that forcefully turns whatever it was lifting into a wave of energy directed towards where ever the bound mental strata was imprinted with when you filled the dying spell with anticipation. It is subsequently more effective for smaller objects than opening spatial rifts, though it should be noted that casting this spell on large or living targets is not advised, as one of you will definitely die trying to consume the other in a wave of energy. It also has a particularly short range for this kind of spell, which it makes up for in it's versatility.

It should also be noted that while a Phoenix style run-around loop is a requirement to allow the anticipation the right formation inside the collapsing spell, there is a bit of leeway in what exactly the paradox in question is. As the direction of the spell takes subconscious cues from yourself, so long as whatever loop you create is a paradox to you, this spell should function properly.

I like using the idea of dating as a consistent psychic energy grounding node.


On the subject of manipulating a ponies biology by force:

Starswirl postured early on in his discovery of advanced transformative magics that ponies were particularly immune to that branch of study due to the souls nature to resist the idea of it's temporary housing violently changing shape, making illusions the go to false mustache applier for generations. His postulates were generally true, as the soul tends to reject the idea of changing under the influence of another.

However, this likely evolutionary marvel can be exploited for it's intelligence.

I had theorized that if a soul was resistant to change it did not want, that it would encourage change it did want. For instance, take the life force transference theorem, which basically states that any energy transferred directly from one soul to another has a quickly closing limit on how much can be transferred in any given instance. Even the mightiest Alicorns cannot simply pump a dying pony full of magic to help them survive, it is why brute force healing spells have never become common place.

The reason for this is actually quite silly. Souls are expressly picky about what they allow inside them, what they allow to affect them. If it isn't the soul, or a direct creation of the soul, it is fought. Very similarly to how the body fights infection.

So how do you trick the soul's subtle intelligence into encouraging you to change it with energy that isn't it's own?

To put it simply, you kill the pony.

Souls very suddenly lose their picky nature when all of the grounding points in the body are suddenly severed, and majoritively wish to return to their 'host' in order to continue living. Using a mixture of fear and pain, as well as a complex practice that can only be learned from inside the Astral Sea and fishing the actual point of death from their tangential future, it is possible to convince an unconscious pony's soul that it's host has died. From there, all you need to do is manipulate the meat puppet that is left of the host, easy enough to do with any complex matter manipulation spell, either corruptive or control based magic; I've seen harmonic magic do the trick as well.

As long as you make sure to regenerate the pony as they were, either in a repaired state before the injury, or a healthy state after the injury, the soul should take to the body. If you do not do this, there is roughly a fifty percent chance for the average soul that you have just created a lich. Please do not do that. The next step is to shove their soul back into their body.

On average, this tends to work unless a pony has been viscerally injured over a long period, like say, gotten scar tissue from biting their lip from too long. One must also be a talented orniomancer in order to trick a soul into killing itself; in addition to having a solid grasp of hemokinesis and biogenisis. From there it is only a question of how much power and time you have. Luckily I devised a trick for fishing the latent visions of psychic death out of Eternity by simply converting surety into a psychic eminence when you cast the spell. In short, you won't have to look through infinite possibilities to find the right death for the pony, when you know exactly how they're about to die by your own will.

It is heavily recommended that anypony casting this spell on another be clearly aware that fear is a crucial element of emotion magic applied to making sure the caster is not the target of the spell. It is far to easy to rip your own soul out by accident by directing the Astral Sea to show you your own tangential fate. Fear stops this when woven into the spell. Any pony saving a life using this spell must value their own life over their target, as without the intent to truly kill, the lash back will instead rupture the sympathetic bonds that bind your soul to your mind.

A particularly stupid way to die, tricking your own soul into killing itself.


The spell form and equations Silver included as a visual aid are gruesome in their efficiency, and for the sake of not allowing these spells to be cast by just anypony; I will not be sharing said equations, and would like to equally say that anypony trying to cast theses spells without the fine tuning of the advanced spell form will absolutely suffer a horrible fate.

Do NOT try this at home.

Author's Note:

I am absolutely ripping off The Unique Properties of Dark Magic when it comes to emotional casting. Shadestyle crafted a beautiful and cohesive system that I couldn't hope to improve upon if I tried, and duly pay my homage to it's creator with a chapter similar in style to their own.

If you haven't read the referenced work, and you like this kind of chapter, go read UPDM, it's also got an incredible story to match.

PreviousChapters Next