• Published 26th Dec 2023
  • 468 Views, 21 Comments

As The Sun Sets - Noobblue



Princess Cadence is called by Princess Luna to reform an dark magician from ages past

  • ...
1
 21
 468

PreviousChapters Next
A letter for Friendship

Hey Twilight! I'm sure you can tell by the seal, but this letter is from none other than your favorite sister in law!

So is the other letter I sent, this one is just to describe some details for you. In a day or so, you'll be receiving a package from the EPS, open it, and my second letter together, and make sure they're kept confidential. As much as I'd like to catch up, I really need your help for something very important.

You're not to tell even the other Princesses about this. You'll know why when you get the package and read my other letter,

Love,
Cadance

P.S. If you open the package first before reading the letter make sure you are very careful with the package and the object contained inside, it's very magically sensitive; and I've been told it is likely to explode if magic more complex then telekinesis is used on it


Twilight, I'm sure by now you've seen the artefact I sent you, and I want to clear up what it is, and what I need your help with.

Remember when Canterlot was attacked by another long forgotten evil just over a week ago? Well the Stallion in question, Dusk Swirl, was the one who did the rampaging. I was tasked that night with reforming him, much like Fluttershy was tasked with reforming Discord.

Despite what you may think, it actually went well. The stories that were told about the outcome were, however, a lie. Dusk Swirl is alive, and is currently hiding out in the Crystal Empire. He is docile, and almost friendly on occasion. He is also the creator of the artefact you have with you.

Dusk at the moment, is trying to build something, and has managed to make themselves Crystal Empire Nobility. Knowing what little I know about him, he plans on doing something big. I don't want to antagonize him by demanding what it is, and don't have the ability to demand anyways. Dusk is powerful, and far more dangerously, smart. He has more magical knowledge flat out than me, and more than you as well. For example, he was able to break through Shining Armor's trademark shield spell instantly, and with very little effort, I've seen him move wings from one pony to another, and I know he is a very accomplished dark mage from what Luna told me. I wouldn't doubt that Dusk at his prime outclassed Starswirl himself.

So I'm taking another approach. Befriending him. Which I'm sure you now see where I'm going with this.

You know so much about friendship, notably being the only pony I know to study it, and I want you to come to the Empire and try and befriend him over his work. There's probably fewer than three ponies in Equestria that could geek out about magical theory with him, and you're definitely my first choice.

Let me know what you think

Love, Cadance


Dear Cadance,

Cadance. I don't know what to say, this... thing you sent me is proof enough with your word of all that you claimed but...

I'm very worried about this, and about you.

But I'll do it.

I've seen friendship do greater things than change a single life, that being said, I think you're on the right track, and I'll definitely help. I'll be there on the next train north, to catch up and to get started. We have a lot to talk about, and it's better to do so when I'm there.

Love,
Twilight

PreviousChapters Next