• Published 5th Oct 2012
  • 1,628 Views, 37 Comments

Equestrian Legends: The Slender Stallion - Avery



This is the tale of the Slender Stallion.

  • ...
3
 37
 1,628

Chapter 3: The First Encounter

The sun was just about to set over the horizon, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle finished with putting the locks on on Twilight's windows and doors. With one last lock, Scootaloo pulled on the chain to make sure it's fastened and then they ran off to the Everfree.

Back at Sweet Apple Acres, things weren't going so smoothly for Applebloom.

"I want you to stay with Twilight tonight, she told me about what you were going to do. And I don't like it one bit! I'm going to walk you over to Twilight's so that you get there and that you STAY with her." Applejack says with a not so pleased tone

"Oh come on Applejack! We're just going to see if we can catch'em tonight! If we don't we will stop!" Applebloom says pleading

"No, you're going straight to Twilight's. I'm going to find the others and make sure they get to her as well."

"Oh Come On!"

Applejack pulled Applebloom across the farm to the front gate and towards Twilight's house. Applebloom tried to get away from Applejack but to no avail. Tracks of Applebloom's hooves were left in the dirt as she tried to escape. Sooner or later they arrived at Twilight's to find that it was all locked up.

"What in the hay?" Applejack exclaims

Just then a flash of lavender and white suddenly showed and there stood Twilight with an angered look, she quickly turned around to her door.

"Now who would go and lock up everything outside?!" Twilight says in anger

"You mean you didn't do this yourself?" Applejack asks

"No, of course not! Why would I go and just lock up the whole house like that?" Twilight says turning to Applejack

"I don't know. Maybe you were leaving or something and wanted to make sure nopony got into your house?" Slightly putting Applebloom down

"What?! And suddenly leave all my friends? No way! I'm just trying to figure out who could've don-....oh no. Come on Applejack, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle must be in the Everfree by now!" Twilight says in fright.

"W-What?! Well lets hurry then!" Applejack says turning and galloping to the Everfree

Twilight and Applebloom followed Applejack close behind. After going through multiple ponies just to try and get to the Everfree they arrive there, the Everfree was in a more dark like state then what it used to be on Nightmare Night. Twilight, Applejack, and Applebloom wasted no time in going in and tracking down Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle.

"I don't see any prints! Where could have they gone?!" Twilight says

"I'm not sure! I'm still looking!" Applejack says

"Scootaloo?! Sweetie Belle?! Where are ya?!" Applebloom yells.

Quickly Twilight puts a hoof over Appleblooms mouth, there were different roars coming from all around. One roar was so demonic that it made them shiver.

"Applebloom, you need to be quiet in here. It's very dangerous to be here on Nightmare Night, it's when most of the creatures are violent." Twilight explains

Applebloom nods her head slightly and searches the ground for any hoof prints. On closer examination the ground looks as if the dirt has been pushed aside many times.

"The ground here looks like it was tampered with! Lets check over here!" Twilight says

Applejack and Applebloom followed Twilight through the Everfree, the trees seem to drip a black ooze as they walk by. A minute passes and they come across Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle being held by the Slender Stallion with his long black tentacles. The tentacles are being wrapped around Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle, their expressions on their faces show that they were in great pain.

"W-What in tarnation?!" Applejack says in surprise

Applebloom looks at Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle, then at the Slender stallion and his blank face. The Slender Stallion was about five times taller than her and was very thin, some of his ribs were showing through his chest. His cutiemark was that of a circle with an X over it, like the one found in the old shed. He had a long, slick black tail.

Applebloom looks around to see the chains and some locks were scattered along the trees and that the metal bats were sticking up from the ground, as if hammered into place. Applebloom goes to one of the metal bats and pulls it out, but is not successful. She pulls with all her might but it's not enough. Twilight and Applejack was trying to get Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle down, but the Slender Stallion kept moving out of their reach crushing them more and more. Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle were now screaming in pain.

Applebloom kept on trying to get the metal bat out. Applejack soon comes over and helps, the bat came out with dirt flying. With the bat in her mouth, Applebloom swung it at the Slender Stallion and hit his head. The Slender Stallion steps back and drops Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle, they land on the ground hard causing them to yell in pain. Twilight went over to them and put up and shield around them, Applejack and Applebloom went in the shield just as it was closing.

They all look at the Slender Stallion, waving his tentacles around in the air and swaying his head from the bat. He didn't even blink or open up his mouth, his whole blank face stayed as it was. He shook off the dizziness and stared at the others in the shield, he then slowly started to walk around it, poking it with his tentacles and hoof. He then stops and brings a hoof up to the top and smashes his hoof against it. The pressure was so much that it almost broke the shield, but Twilight kept it up and charged her horn for another spell.

The Slender Stallion smashed on the shield again and again, until it finally broke. The magic fizzed and shattered, but at that moment Twilight casts a Teleportaion spell causing her, the cutiemark crusaders, and Applejack to disappear from the forest. The Slender Stallion stood there, staring at the one spot where they disappeared.

There was a flash of light outside Twilight's and there was Applejack, Twilight, and the cutiemark crusaders laying on the ground. Everyone but Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle stood up. Twilight made her magic go to Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle, making them hover.

"I'm going to take them to the hospital." Twilight says breathlessly

Twilight leaves, Applejack turns to Applebloom with a frightened yet angered look.

"See? This is what happens when you go off trying to find stuff you shouldn't!"

Applebloom remains silent, looking the way Twilight went. Fear could clearly be seen in her eyes.

"You're going to stay on the farm from now on. You can't leave without either me or Big Macintosh going with ya."

Applebloom just nods and puts her head down with her eyes closed. She then starts walking to Sweet Apple Acres. Applejack follows her, looking this way and that for any sign of the Slender Stallion. Once they arrive at the farm, Applebloom automatically goes to her room and into bed. She then falls asleep with the sound of fillies and colts laughing outside.

She once again has a Slender nightmare, this one more frightening than the last. The sight of Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo being crushed infront of her and she couldn't do anything about it. Soon the pressure around them got so intense that she heard bones being broken and blood dripping from them. The Slender Stallion just stares at Applebloom, seemingly enjoying her fight. After a while Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo stopped moving and the Slender Stallion dropped them to the ground, their eyes were mix of life and death, their bodies crumpled up like a towel being ringed out, and their blood just pouring out of their eyes, nose, mouth, and ears. Then the Slender Stallion stomps on their heads causing a large amount of blood to splat everywhere.

Applebloom wakes up screaming in the middle of the night. Applejack was there within a few seconds, Applebloom was found in a corner sobbing terribly. Applejack calms her down and gets her back into bed and quietly leaves. Applebloom lays there, eyes wide open, not sleeping even a wink. She knew that the Slender Stallion was watching, always watching.